inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Playstation Vita

Written By: whistledog on 06/26/11 at 10:27 pm

Sony has announced their new handheld, the PSP2, now known as the Playstation Vita, or PSV.

http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/0607-playstation-vita/10294198-1-eng-US/0607-playstation-vita_full_600.png

It's a nice looking system, as in it looks better than the original PSP and the PSP Go, and even has a trackpad on the back for certain games, but there is one major downfall:  it will not have the ability to play UMD discs.  However, all original PSP games will be available for download, and can be stored on a Vita card, which is much like the Nintendo DS game cards.

This I find is stupid.  I have 30 some PSP Games and about 15 UMD Movies, and I am not going to basically re-purchase them.  I am happy with my PSP 2000, so I hope Sony will continue to still support it.  I like being able to purchase games in a store.  If I wanted to download games only, i'd get a PSP Go, and I have no desire for one of those ever.

Dear Technology,

Quit moving so fast

Sincerely,
disgruntled video game fanatic

Subject: Re: Playstation Vita

Written By: Milkof1996 on 06/29/11 at 3:56 pm

The Wifi only model will be $250, which is cheaper than the original PSP.

DO WANT

Written By: whistledog on 06/30/11 at 12:27 am

The Wifi only model will be $250, which is cheaper than the original PSP.

DO WANT

I got my Original PSP brand new for $100

Written By: Milkof1996 on 06/30/11 at 5:27 pm

I got my Original PSP brand new for $100

Seriously? My dad had to pay $300 for it on my 11th birthday, Probably because that's when it first came out. When did you get yours?

Written By: whistledog on 06/30/11 at 6:13 pm

Seriously? My dad had to pay $300 for it on my 11th birthday, Probably because that's when it first came out. When did you get yours?

I bought mine about a month ago lol

Written By: Milkof1996 on 07/01/11 at 7:03 pm

I bought mine about a month ago lol

Lol that's why. Oh and about the Vita... Why are they making it download only!? Now I can't have a proper game collection anymore -_-. Well atleast we won't have any chance of losing the games right?

Written By: whistledog on 07/01/11 at 11:39 pm

Lol that's why. Oh and about the Vita... Why are they making it download only!? Now I can't have a proper game collection anymore -_-. Well atleast we won't have any chance of losing the games right?

Older games already in existence on UMD will be download only, but it does appear that games released for the Vita will be released on Vita Card for purchase in stores.

The only issue people seem to have with the Vita is the back trackpad gets in the way, so you have to hold it a certain way.

Check for new replies or respond here...