inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: DC Universe Online

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/22/12 at 11:27 am

Anyone here play it? I'm thinking about downloading it.

Subject: Re: DC Universe Online

Written By: whistledog on 01/22/12 at 12:20 pm

I had thought about playing it, and even purchased it for PS3 the day it came out, but I didn't know you had to pay per month to play it, so I took it back.  It's only available for PS3 and compuiter, and the online versions are not compatible between each other, which I thought was a downer.  Shouldn't the online universe all be the same?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/05/12 at 3:24 pm

I had thought about playing it, and even purchased it for PS3 the day it came out, but I didn't know you had to pay per month to play it, so I took it back.  It's only available for PS3 and compuiter, and the online versions are not compatible between each other, which I thought was a downer.  Shouldn't the online universe all be the same?

Someone told me the other day that Sony did away with the monthly fee so I looked into it, and I found that not only is it free to play now but the game itself is now free to download as well.

So you did yourself a favor by returning it.  ;D

I'm gonna download it and let you know what I think, maybe some of you could download it too and we could go out and tear some sh!t up.  ;)

Written By: whistledog on 04/06/12 at 6:14 pm

Someone told me the other day that Sony did away with the monthly fee so I looked into it, and I found that not only is it free to play now but the game itself is now free to download as well.

So you did yourself a favor by returning it.  ;D

I'm gonna download it and let you know what I think, maybe some of you could download it too and we could go out and tear some sh!t up.  ;)

Initially, the game was not a big seller simply because it was only for PC and PS3, which left Wii and Xbox users SOL
Also, because it was a pay per month use game, you could not buy it used, and I never saw it drop in price from $59.99.  Glad it is free now.  I may have to download it

Written By: DJ Blaze on 04/07/12 at 9:21 pm

I have it and I already have a character at level 30. This game is amazing :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/08/12 at 8:33 pm

I have it and I already have a character at level 30. This game is amazing :D
Is it a hero or villain? Are you on the PvE or PvP server?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 04/16/12 at 9:28 pm

FaiaGreen is on the PvP server currently but I can switch over if you want. He's a hero with fire powers and acrobatic movement. We'll try to play sometime.

Written By: whistledog on 04/16/12 at 10:33 pm

I just started playing DCUO, but I have no idea what I am doing so far lol

My villain is an hommage to the 80s.  His name is Albert Ganz and I modeled him to look like actor James Remar who played Albert Ganz in the classic movie 48 Hrs.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/18/12 at 8:04 pm

I have a hero named The Cockatiel and a villain named Psychedelic Bruiser.

I just started playing DCUO, but I have no idea what I am doing so far lol

My villain is an hommage to the 80s.  His name is Albert Ganz and I modeled him to look like actor James Remar who played Albert Ganz in the classic movie 48 Hrs.
Cool, Ganz was a total badass.

FaiaGreen is on the PvP server currently but I can switch over if you want. He's a hero with fire powers and acrobatic movement. We'll try to play sometime.

Or I could switch my hero over to PvP, I've been kind of wanting to do that anyway. We ought to set up a time where we can all meet up and play together.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 04/21/12 at 8:24 am

Or I could switch my hero over to PvP, I've been kind of wanting to do that anyway. We ought to set up a time where we can all meet up and play together.

Yeah we should, I'll try to catch you on PSN and drop you a message sometime when I'm not busy playing it with my real-life friends. Also here's a list of all my characters:

Heroes
FaiaGreen (level 30, fire, acrobatics, hand blasters)
Cheetar O (level 18, mental, super-speed, staff)
KamenRider Renegade (level 18, gadgets, super-speed, martial arts)
Skylight Angel (level 15, sorcery, flight, bow)

Villains:
Condorblade (level 22, gadgets, flight, dual wield)
Empress Karishina (level 12, ice, acrobatics, two-handed)
MummRa Transformed (level 3, sorcery, flight, hand blasters)

Also here's a hint: if you're running low on cash, you can sell single exobits at the Watchtower broker room, people pay upwards around $10,000 for a single bit.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 10/17/12 at 8:41 pm

Bump.... anyone still playing this? I love it.

Written By: whistledog on 10/18/12 at 4:45 pm

I stopped playing it, only because it is so large in size, it took up space on my PS3 that I needed for other things, so I had to delete it :(

Check for new replies or respond here...