inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Playstation 3

Written By: Howard on 03/25/12 at 1:12 pm

I finally went from a Playstation 2 to a 3. Just this afternoon, I went to Gamestop near me and I traded in my PS2 for a PS3. I didn't get much store credit cause the PS2 is about 12 years old so my in-store credit was about $15 but I was so glad to get rid of it and out of my way. So within the next few weeks I will give my Raw vs.Smackdown 2011 to a guy in The Pathmark parking lot whom I see and talk to just about every day and he has a PS2 himself. I put together my PS3, set up my password with the time and date and now I await to get WWE'12 within the next few weeks. Now the problem I was trying to figure out is, where do I put the memory card?  ???

Subject: Re: Playstation 3

Written By: snozberries on 03/25/12 at 1:29 pm

I finally went from a Playstation 2 to a 3. Just this afternoon, I went to Gamestop near me and I traded in my PS2 for a PS3. I didn't get much store credit cause the PS2 is about 12 years old so my in-store credit was about $15 but I was so glad to get rid of it and out of my way. So within the next few weeks I will give my Raw vs.Smackdown 2011 to a guy in The Pathmark parking lot whom I see and talk to just about every day and he has a PS2 himself. I put together my PS3, set up my password with the time and date and now I await to get WWE'12 within the next few weeks. Now the problem I was trying to figure out is, where do I put the memory card?  ???

The PS 3 has a hard drive so you may not need a memory card... I've had mine for 4 yrs and never needed a memory card....you could check the manual tho it should have a diagram  that shows you where to put a memory card....

also, did you know that the PS 3 plays PS2 games? so you could keep your old WWE whatver game.

And, you should've taken in your game boy from 1989 and got credit for that too...
and gamestop buys old games- you may not get much for them but you could put that money towards the new game as well.

Written By: Howard on 03/26/12 at 7:21 am

The PS 3 has a hard drive so you may not need a memory card... I've had mine for 4 yrs and never needed a memory card....you could check the manual tho it should have a diagram  that shows you where to put a memory card....

also, did you know that the PS 3 plays PS2 games? so you could keep your old WWE whatver game.

And, you should've taken in your game boy from 1989 and got credit for that too...
and gamestop buys old games- you may not get much for them but you could put that money towards the new game as well.

I tried the Smackdown/Raw 11' game and it didn't read the disk but I'll try again some other time.

And as for The Gameboy, I'll look into trading it in the future, I understand I won't get much money for it since they're retro items but at least it's something.

Written By: whistledog on 03/26/12 at 8:05 pm

Now the problem I was trying to figure out is, where do I put the memory card?  ???

You can't.  New Playstation 3 consoles do not offer memory card support or support for Playstation 2, however it will play Playstation One games.  No memory card is needed for those, as it uses the internal Playstation 3 memory.

Funny thing is that alot of times in Playstation manuals for games, it will show you a picture of the PS3, and where the memory card slot is.  The reason for that is because when the Playstation 3 first came out, it did fully support Playstation 2

Written By: whistledog on 03/26/12 at 8:12 pm

And as for The Gameboy, I'll look into trading it in the future, I understand I won't get much money for it since they're retro items but at least it's something.

Original Gameboys don't go for much, some places may not even buy them because if someone wants a Gameboy, they will opt for the Gameboy Color, or they will get that Gameboy add-on for Super Nintendo

Written By: snozberries on 03/26/12 at 10:41 pm

You can't.  New Playstation 3 consoles do not offer memory card support or support for Playstation 2, however it will play Playstation One games.  No memory card is needed for those, as it uses the internal Playstation 3 memory.

Funny thing is that alot of times in Playstation manuals for games, it will show you a picture of the PS3, and where the memory card slot is.  The reason for that is because when the Playstation 3 first came out, it did fully support Playstation 2

that's why mine supports PS2 ... i have the first PS3  I didn't realize they'd changed it.

Written By: Howard on 03/27/12 at 6:54 am

That's good for me, memory cards are so early 2000's.

Written By: Howard on 03/27/12 at 6:55 am

Original Gameboys don't go for much, some places may not even buy them because if someone wants a Gameboy, they will opt for the Gameboy Color, or they will get that Gameboy add-on for Super Nintendo

Gameboy was hot for a few years from 1989-1994.

Written By: whistledog on 03/27/12 at 7:30 pm

that's why mine supports PS2 ... i have the first PS3  I didn't realize they'd changed it.

I still don't know why they changed it.  Having the PS3 support both PS2 and PS1 was great.  The first PS3s are quite large in size though.  The newer ones are slimmer, which is cool, but the lack of no PS2 sucks. 

PS3, any model, also supports the PSP, but you have to have a PSP and connect it with a cable.

Written By: Howard on 03/27/12 at 7:40 pm

I also know about The Playstation Network, Is anyone on here a part of it?  ???

Written By: whistledog on 03/27/12 at 7:57 pm

I also know about The Playstation Network, Is anyone on here a part of it?  ???

I am part of it, but I never play online much, except for the new Twisted Metal.  I primarily use it for downloading game add-ons.

Written By: Howard on 03/27/12 at 8:01 pm

I am part of it, but I never play online much, except for the new Twisted Metal.  I primarily use it for downloading game add-ons.

Do you have the new WWE 12?  ???

Written By: whistledog on 03/28/12 at 7:15 am

Do you have the new WWE 12?  ???

I do not

Written By: Howard on 03/28/12 at 7:42 pm

If anyone has the game would anyone know to customize your very own theme for the create a character on Playstation 3?  ???

Written By: Howard on 05/19/12 at 6:42 am

Well Ladies And Gentlemen as of last night I am finally connected to the internet via wireless PS3 with the help from my Father.  :)

Written By: Howard on 04/02/13 at 7:54 pm

Does anyone know how I can restore my data and go back to playing WWE 12? I got the blue screen of death. :(

Written By: whistledog on 04/03/13 at 12:25 pm

It's weird to think a PS3 can get the blue screen of death, but it can happen.  For a quick fix, this may work:

Turn off your Playstation 3.  Then hold the power button down and wait as the system will turn on and turn off once again.  Once the System has been shutdown, re-hold the power button until you hear two consecutive beeps.  Then take your finger off power button and then you will be asked to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button.  The recovery menu should pop up

Written By: Howard on 04/03/13 at 7:38 pm

It's weird to think a PS3 can get the blue screen of death, but it can happen.  For a quick fix, this may work:

Turn off your Playstation 3.  Then hold the power button down and wait as the system will turn on and turn off once again.  Once the System has been shutdown, re-hold the power button until you hear two consecutive beeps.  Then take your finger off power button and then you will be asked to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button.  The recovery menu should pop up

What happened was on Monday I was watching Monday Night RAW from the internet on the PS3 and towards the end of the show a pop up ad clicked and then I get the blue screen of death in Chinese and deleted my data, I recovered my internet connection and I also have to sign in to The Playstation Network (again)  ::) but now I have to try to restore my WWE 12 data.

Written By: Howard on 02/06/19 at 2:43 pm

When would be a good time to trade my PS3 for a PS4?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/06/19 at 2:52 pm

When would be a good time to trade my PS3 for a PS4?
Check the going price on eBay or Amazon?

Written By: Howard on 02/07/19 at 3:05 pm

Check the going price on eBay or Amazon?

maybe I'll check Gamestop instead.

Check for new replies or respond here...