inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Been looking for an old PC game from the 1995 or later.

Written By: girlygamer on 11/17/12 at 3:38 pm

O.k. back in the 90's I was playing a trial game that included a man who traveled back in time to Italy I think. It is kind of like the game Myst and Riven games. I think this trial came with the original Baldurs Gate or Age of Empires. He talked to one female and she told him about olive oil in the clay pots, the clay pots had gave me an idea to use the clay and press it into a coin or something. Then I found gold which I had to press on the coin to make it look like it was a gold coin or medallion. The graphics are much like the Myst games with the characters being graphically the same. Back in the 90's I did try to find this game but sadly this is when the PC games were in steady decline.  :\'( If anyone can give me hints on the name I would be so happy for your help.

Subject: Re: Been looking for an old PC game from the 1995 or later.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/17/12 at 10:07 pm

O.k. back in the 90's I was playing a trial game that included a man who traveled back in time to Italy I think. It is kind of like the game Myst and Riven games. I think this trial came with the original Baldurs Gate or Age of Empires. He talked to one female and she told him about olive oil in the clay pots, the clay pots had gave me an idea to use the clay and press it into a coin or something. Then I found gold which I had to press on the coin to make it look like it was a gold coin or medallion. The graphics are much like the Myst games with the characters being graphically the same. Back in the 90's I did try to find this game but sadly this is when the PC games were in steady decline.  :\'( If anyone can give me hints on the name I would be so happy for your help.

Presto Studios did 1998's Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time, a demo of which was packaged with Riven back in the day. The walkthrough (spoiler alert) has a sequence in Atlantis in which you find an olive oil vendor and a potter, you turn a crank to get a plug of raw clay, which you fire in a kiln (along with some gold leaf) to create a medallion.

If that's the game and you're interested in a walk down memory lane, Presto Studios has kept The Journeyman Project alive as a labor of love. They offer a set of DVD-ROMs that are compatible with OS X 10.3.9-10.7.8.  They also have a PC version, modified to run on current versions of Windows, which they make available through Good Old Games.

Check for new replies or respond here...