inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Video Gamers here?

Written By: Visor765 on 09/27/14 at 10:57 pm

There's no video games board, and this isn't decade specific, so I presume this is the best place to put it. I'm a huge gamer, I love video games and they are my life. I've been playing video games nearly all my life. I don't know what I would do with myself I'd I didn't have video games. I am an artist, and I'm learning coding. I want to be a game designer as a career and make my own video games. Sometimes I can go weeks without playing them, but I love it nonetheless.

I absolutely despise what the video game industry has become. Video games have become so expensive to produce that people don't take risks anymore, and that results in loss of creativity and inspiration. They say they put their heart and soul into it, but I don't believe them. The industry has just become another movie industry, sacrificing gameplay for story, voice acting, photorealistic graphics, and uber expensive downloadable content. The industry is corrupt. They're not any better than Hollywood and the people who work within that industry are selfish, evil, immature, and arrogant.

My favorite franchises are Mario, Sonic, Metroid, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Crazy Taxi, Rayman, and SSX. Some of these franchises have been ruined and turned into something they were originally against. Tomb Raider has been ruined.

When people criticize video games, I act okay with it on the outside, but on the inside I'm seething and I want to punch them. There's that lingering feeling that one day I will. I just don't know when it's gonna happen.

I hate EA, and I love Nintendo. EA was so much better back in the 6th generation days, as well as Microsoft and Activision. Microsoft's only good console was the original Xbox, and that's it. The greatest games were released in the 5th and 6th generation of consoles. I look at video game shows and conventions from the '90s and early–mid '00s and I'm like, "What the hell?!" So much charisma. Every body seemed so charming and natural and friendly. Now everyone looks and acts like sobby jerks. I can see it in the way they carry themselves and I can feel it in their energy, even if they're not really there with me.

Old games > new games forever.

Subject: Re: Video Gamers here?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/27/14 at 11:38 pm

There's no video games board, and this isn't decade specific, so I presume this is the best place to put it. I'm a huge gamer, I love video games and they are my life. I've been playing video games nearly all my life. I don't know what I would do with myself I'd I didn't have video games. I am an artist, and I'm learning coding. I want to be a game designer as a career and make my own video games. Sometimes I can go weeks without playing them, but I love it nonetheless.

I absolutely despise what the video game industry has become. Video games have become so expensive to produce that people don't take risks anymore, and that results in loss of creativity and inspiration. They say they put their heart and soul into it, but I don't believe them. The industry has just become another movie industry, sacrificing gameplay for story, voice acting, photorealistic graphics, and uber expensive downloadable content. The industry is corrupt. They're not any better than Hollywood and the people who work within that industry are selfish, evil, immature, and arrogant.

My favorite franchises are Mario, Sonic, Metroid, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Crazy Taxi, Rayman, and SSX. Some of these franchises have been ruined and turned into something they were originally against. Tomb Raider has been ruined.

When people criticize video games, I act okay with it on the outside, but on the inside I'm seething and I want to punch them. There's that lingering feeling that one day I will. I just don't know when it's gonna happen.

I hate EA, and I love Nintendo. EA was so much better back in the 6th generation days, as well as Microsoft and Activision. Microsoft's only good console was the original Xbox, and that's it. The greatest games were released in the 5th and 6th generation of consoles. I look at video game shows and conventions from the '90s and early–mid '00s and I'm like, "What the hell?!" So much charisma. Every body seemed so charming and natural and friendly. Now everyone looks and acts like sobby jerks. I can see it in the way they carry themselves and I can feel it in their energy, even if they're not really there with me.

Old games > new games forever.
i have actually spoke about this a few times. It has changed so much that it's not the same game industry i first saw. You're right, there needs to be more creativity and risks or it's going to get worse. I'm a huge gamer and i can't believe what I'm seeing. Today, the. Importance of games is not even about quality, caring and masterpieces anymore. Now it's all about the best graphics, and DLC. Even offline multiplayer is disappearing from games as it's mostly online which is fun, but gets boring after a while especially if you are in a room alone. I hope one day it goes back the way it was.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/28/14 at 1:56 am

There's no video games board

Actually, there is.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?board=24.0

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/14 at 11:50 am

Actually, there is.

Karma for beating me to it.

Written By: Visor765 on 09/28/14 at 3:53 pm

Actually, there is.

Can it be moved there?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/28/14 at 4:11 pm

Can it be moved there?

Yes, I'll contact one of the lead mods and ask them to move it. 

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/28/14 at 4:42 pm

I think things will start to move forward next year when the Oculus Rift VR headset is finally released.

It should be interesting to see what kinds of games the developers will create around this.

Written By: GH1996 on 09/30/14 at 2:41 am

Spyro and GTA were and always will be my favs! tomb raider too for the ps1.

I've been gaming for as long as I can remember, don't play that many games these days... too busy with work or football, but when I get the chance to play my 360 I usually stick to the sports games and the odd GTA here and there

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/14 at 2:18 pm

I think things will start to move forward next year when the Oculus Rift VR headset is finally released.

It should be interesting to see what kinds of games the developers will create around this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ8Xj_I3aNU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ8Xj_I3aNU

Written By: Howard on 09/30/14 at 2:57 pm

My favorite video games were always Nintendo games from the 1980's.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/07/14 at 1:03 pm

I'm primarily a Dragon Quest and Pokemon fan.

Written By: ralfy on 03/25/16 at 8:03 am

"Happy 20th Anniversary to ‘Resident Evil!’"

http://bloody-disgusting.com/editorials/3384089/happy-20th-anniversary-resident-evil/

Written By: ArcticFox on 04/28/16 at 10:41 pm

Me! Although I don't play video games anywhere near as much as I used to though. I have developed more diverse interests since, such as: music, fashion, television, film, comic books, animated cartoons, anime, and I'm even starting to dip into adult novels to an small extent. I'm also really starting to develop a fondness for art films and independent movies from 1990s and the current decade. Obscure, web-based television shows are also starting to catch my eye as well.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/17/16 at 2:45 am

I have a major addiction to video games, I play anywhere between 4 to 12 hours per day, I know, that's bad. I played 11 hours today (not non stop, but still). There's nothing to do where I live so that's what I do. I play PC and Xbox One mostly as of now. I love video games, and probably too much.

Written By: Howard on 08/17/16 at 8:29 am

I have a major addiction to video games, I play anywhere between 4 to 12 hours per day, I know, that's bad. I played 11 hours today (not non stop, but still). There's nothing to do where I live so that's what I do. I play PC and Xbox One mostly as of now. I love video games, and probably too much.

I grew up with playing video games.

Written By: annimal on 08/17/16 at 7:47 pm

NES and an Intellivision my Grandparents had.  The only game I really liked by the time the  Nintendo 64 came out was Mario Cart.  Mario today is destroyed.  I also use to play frogger and Q-bert on a Commodore computer. 

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/17/16 at 8:45 pm

Honestly, I'm more of a casual gamer. I never really took video games as a main part of my childhood. Plus, the only consoles that I have were just the PSP, DS, 3DS, Xbox 360, and the Wii.

Check for new replies or respond here...