inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Me Anything About New Zealand

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/19/06 at 11:05 pm

Jumping on the bandwagon!  :D

Subject: Re: Don't Ask Me Anything About New Zealand

Written By: whistledog on 04/19/06 at 11:13 pm

If you refuse to answer, then I will ask nobody this question ;D

Are the Finn Brothers still popular there?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/19/06 at 11:23 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/21/06 at 9:28 am

I still like them alot.

I think they are still somewhat popular. Not as popular as you'd think though. So, short answer = yes.

Do you get pissed off when half the world knows them as Aussies? Just like Russel Crowe  ;)?

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/21/06 at 2:54 pm

Do you have a copy of "Give 'Em A Taste Of Kiwi" on CD?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/23/06 at 10:04 pm

Do you get pissed off when half the world knows them as Aussies? Just like Russel Crowe  ;)?

Not really, maybe a little. I'd just correct them.

You can keep Russell Crowe though.  ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/23/06 at 10:05 pm

Do you have a copy of "Give 'Em A Taste Of Kiwi" on CD?
I've heard the phrase but never heard of the CD. (I shall look it up)

Am I missing anything good?

Subject: Re: Ask Me Anything About New Zealand

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/12/06 at 8:16 am

Do you really appreciate the beauty of your own country Luke ?  You should  ;)

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/12/06 at 8:22 am

Which is better, the North or South Island? And whereabouts in NZ do you live?

Written By: Gis on 05/12/06 at 8:27 am

Has tourism gone up since Lord of the Rings ?

Oh and does New Zealand lamb really taste better ?  ;D

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/12/06 at 8:38 am

Having visited, I will say South Island, but they each have their attractions.  I know that Luke lives on the South (at least I think i saw he lives in Christchurch) so I will be interested to see what he says  :)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/12/06 at 8:39 am

I will also answer that, but of course await Luke's expert response.

As I have something to compare it to, and having tasted both Aussie and NZ lamb... YES !  It DOES taste better  :) :P :P :P :P :P :P

PS, I Love Lamb  ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/19/06 at 5:11 pm

Do you really appreciate the beauty of your own country Luke ?  You should  ;)
Yes, of course. That is the problem with alot of Kiwis, they go on and on about how nice other countries are (Australia especially... although I'm sure Aussie is a very nice place too) yet fail to consider exploring their own country. There is so much in New Zealand to see (maybe not do...).  8)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/19/06 at 5:15 pm

This response is a bit biased, as I live in the South Island, but I think the South Island is the better of the two. Both have their attractions, I guess.

Although, if it's warmer weather you're after, then North Island it is.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/19/06 at 5:17 pm

Having visited, I will say South Island, but they each have their attractions.  I know that Luke lives on the South (at least I think i saw he lives in Christchurch) so I will be interested to see what he says  :)
Yes, I live in Christchurch. In New Zealand there is a real North Island vs. South Island split. (Of course most is joking) I really haven't explored the North Island (last time up there was at age 3.  :o)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/19/06 at 5:18 pm

1st question: Yes. The tourism industry is one of our largest indsustries right now. I think movies like LOTR has put New Zealand on the map.  8)

2nd Question: Of course it does.  ::)

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/19/06 at 6:25 pm

This response is a bit biased, as I live in the South Island, but I think the South Island is the better of the two. Both have their attractions, I guess.

Although, if it's warmer weather you're after, then North Island it is.

I've actually visited both islands - tho I was too young to remember visiting the North. Went on a yr11 ski-trip down to the south island where we went up to Mount Hutt, down to Christchurch, Dunedin, through the mountains to Queenstown. Christchurch was a really nice, very livable sort of city, and Dunedin had the charms of its old buildings, though I like Queenstown, even though it was a bit more 'modern' than expected. Very picturesque nonetheless.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/19/06 at 6:29 pm

I've actually visited both islands - tho I was too young to remember visiting the North. Went on a yr11 ski-trip down to the south island where we went up to Mount Hutt, down to Christchurch, Dunedin, through the mountains to Queenstown. Christchurch was a really nice, very livable sort of city, and Dunedin had the charms of its old buildings, though I like Queenstown, even though it was a bit more 'modern' than expected. Very picturesque nonetheless.
Queenstown is too "touristy" for my liking. Dunedin is a really nice place. Christchurch I think is the best NZ city to live in. (with Dunedin coming second)

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/19/06 at 6:35 pm

Queenstown is too "touristy" for my liking. Dunedin is a really nice place. Christchurch I think is the best NZ city to live in. (with Dunedin coming second)

One thing about skiing in New Zealand I was a bit chuffed about (not the skiing itself, of course) was that there was no 'ski village' feel, like one gets in Europe, N.America, or even Australia. If you want to ski at Mt. Hutt you stay at the town of Methven, and take a short bus ride up the mountain. The ski-complex itself consists of the main ski centre/cafeteria and the chair-lifts, so there's no real atmosphere up there. But I'm not really complaning, had a great time there and plan to go back asap.

Check for new replies or respond here...