inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Me About Electronic Music Production

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/26/06 at 4:06 pm

Subject: Re: Ask Me About Electronic Music Production

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/26/06 at 9:21 pm

What setup do you use? I mean what hardware (keyboard synths, mixers), software (Sequencers.etc) do you use? How much do you spend on it? Do you have any samples?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/26/06 at 10:20 pm

What setup do you use? I mean what hardware (keyboard synths, mixers), software (Sequencers.etc) do you use? How much do you spend on it? Do you have any samples?

I use a Roland EXR-3 keyboard, a MIDI controller, which is a mini keyboard that can record directly into the computer, ACID software, which has FX and is how I compose the songs and piece them together.  Fortunately my dad paid for almost all of my studio. 

If you want to hear samples of my work go to www.soundclick.com/posseoftwo and listen to one or two of my songs.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/26/06 at 10:36 pm

I use a Roland EXR-3 keyboard, a MIDI controller, which is a mini keyboard that can record directly into the computer, ACID software, which has FX and is how I compose the songs and piece them together.  Fortunately my dad paid for almost all of my studio. 

If you want to hear samples of my work go to www.soundclick.com/posseoftwo and listen to one or two of my songs.

You are a nerd (just kidding)...

I can't be bothered registering now, but I'll get round to it. I also have a few samples. My equiptment? An old (very old) Technics keyboard, a PC, Audacity (free software!) and a $15 microphone. I record directly from the keyboard using the mic! And yet, I have to admit, sound almost good enough to distribute. I can e-mail you some if you're interested...Very experimental stuff..

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/26/06 at 10:38 pm

You are a nerd (just kidding)...

I can't be bothered registering now, but I'll get round to it. I also have a few samples. My equiptment? An old (very old) Technics keyboard, a PC, Audacity (free software!) and a $15 microphone. I record directly from the keyboard using the mic! And yet, I have to admit, sound almost good enough to distribute. I can e-mail you some if you're interested...Very experimental stuff..

Okay...you don't have to register to listen i don't think, but you probably wanted to download them...hmmm. Sometime I'll get them on to some site like Putfile or something.

Yes, please send them!  :) I can be reached at posse_of_two@yahoo.com.  I want to see how good it sounds, relative to my work. 

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/26/06 at 10:54 pm

I just sent off bout three samples...hope you have space in your inbox! They total about 15MB...

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/26/06 at 10:59 pm

I just sent off bout three samples...hope you have space in your inbox! They total about 15MB...

Thanks! :)  I'll check em out tonite.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/26/06 at 11:11 pm

I heard that Piano Organ thing.  That's really good, actually kind of sounds like my productions.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/26/06 at 11:17 pm

Donnie... how come you didn't let me make this thread?

Ah well, guess it's time to advertise myself again!

www.soundclick.com/brainannihilation

Anyway... Do you ever think about making your vocals louder in your songs!?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/26/06 at 11:20 pm

Donnie... how come you didn't let me make this thread?

Ah well, guess it's time to advertise myself again!

www.soundclick.com/brainannihilation

Anyway... Do you ever think about making your vocals louder in your songs!?

Which songs, in particular are you talking about?  The album Armageddon Express had very limited production quality, however my later tracks are structured better. 

I'll download some of your music tonight :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/27/06 at 4:09 pm

Which songs, in particular are you talking about?  The album Armageddon Express had very limited production quality, however my later tracks are structured better. 

I'll download some of your music tonight :)

:P I dunno.

I just remembered that it was hard to comprehend some of them... I listened to a few random ones.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/27/06 at 4:11 pm

:P I dunno.

I just remembered that it was hard to comprehend some of them... I listened to a few random ones.

Oh.  Yeah at first I couldn't produce worth crap, so you probably listened to some of my earlier records.  I'm getting better.  :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/27/06 at 4:15 pm

Goooood... I'm taking an electronic music composition class at school (I know, completely random, but just what I was looking for!), and even though it hasn't taught me anything, my skills have increased A LOT since I joined!

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/27/06 at 4:21 pm

Goooood... I'm taking an electronic music composition class at school (I know, completely random, but just what I was looking for!), and even though it hasn't taught me anything, my skills have increased A LOT since I joined!

The more you do it, the better you get.

My music actually began as a joke, but l came to enjoy it so much that I'm determined to become the most popular artist of all time. Is that absurd? Yes, but I have nothing to lose from it.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/27/06 at 7:22 pm

The more you do it, the better you get.

My music actually began as a joke, but l came to enjoy it so much that I'm determined to become the most popular artist of all time. Is that absurd? Yes, but I have nothing to lose from it.

In order to that, you have to be more mainstream... You may have been able to sell in the '80s, but you're a little... erm... retro! for this, yes, retro... ahem..

Good luck with that!

I aspire to be a music mixer/producer/engineer.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/27/06 at 8:02 pm

In order to that, you have to be more mainstream... You may have been able to sell in the '80s, but you're a little... erm... retro! for this, yes, retro... ahem..

Good luck with that!

I aspire to be a music mixer/producer/engineer.

Does my music sound '80s?  That's kind of what I'm aiming for.  But it has hip hop to it, which is how I can get away with it in the '00s.  Although if I did glam rap I bet I would be a lot more popular, considering my rap parody songs seem to do better than my serious work.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/27/06 at 8:23 pm

I heard that Piano Organ thing.  That's really good, actually kind of sounds like my productions.

Yes, that one was quite unique (not to boast). It was completely random... I just played around with the Effects to set that sound, so it's quite hard to replicate without alot of fiddling and trial and error.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/27/06 at 11:11 pm

Does my music sound '80s?  That's kind of what I'm aiming for.  But it has hip hop to it, which is how I can get away with it in the '00s.  Although if I did glam rap I bet I would be a lot more popular, considering my rap parody songs seem to do better than my serious work.

Well, it WAS like.. Beasties Boys style hip-hop...

Though there's some polishing to do...

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/27/06 at 11:13 pm

Well, it WAS like.. Beasties Boys style hip-hop...

Though there's some polishing to do...

What I'm going for ... sweet  8)  Anyway did you hear "Rap Today"?

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/28/06 at 12:31 am

What I'm going for ... sweet  8)  Anyway did you hear "Rap Today"?

Nope, but I take it you want me to!

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/28/06 at 1:00 am

Nope, but I take it you want me to!

Well, I'd want anybody to hear it!  You don't have to, but I think you would think it was funny, you hate rap right?

Check for new replies or respond here...