inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jesse's Q&A thread. :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/12/06 at 2:36 pm

Let's go for it. :)

Subject: Re: Ask Me about anything. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/06 at 3:00 pm

Would a cryptex work in real life?

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/13/06 at 7:50 pm

Unless you're....chicken.  ;D (Anyone who's seen BTTF II knows what I mean).

Number I and III too

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/14/06 at 1:39 pm

What's San Jose like?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/14/06 at 1:40 pm

What's San Jose like?
Is it at San Jose where the whale for Free Willy was?

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/14/06 at 6:17 pm

What's San Jose like?

Oh, it's pretty nice for the most part. If you're familar with Northern California at all, it's like a mix of San Francisco (Bay Area-esque) and the Central Coast in feel. Although as a city, it's very spread out and suburban (save for downtown) - it's alot more like L.A. than San Francisco.

It was founded in the late 18th century and has alot of history, including regional stuff like the Winchester Mystery House. Alot of the houses and architecture are kinda early 20th century-esque, although the suburban parts of the city weren't really built up until the '70s, based on what I've heard.

For its size, it's pretty safe and low in crime, although there's still that "hustle and bustle" vibe sometimes.

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/14/06 at 6:19 pm

Is it at San Jose where the whale for Free Willy was?

Not sure - I haven't heard anything about it since I've been here. That would be cool if it were, though.

I didn't move here until April '96 (I just hit a decade! ;) ) and that movie came out in '93. I'd hate to think I missed it, LOL.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/06 at 7:19 pm

why aren't you around much anymore? I miss chatting with ya!  :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/14/06 at 7:32 pm

why aren't you around much anymore? I miss chatting with ya!  :)

Oh I've felt the same way about you too. :) Don't worry, I'm back now - I just got finished the play I was in along with the other two classes I was in. Long story short, for conveinence's sake (since my JC is across town), I usually stayed over at the house of another guy who I'd became friends with (he was in it with me).

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/06 at 7:37 pm

Oh I've felt the same way about you too. :) Don't worry, I'm back now - I just got finished the play I was in along with the other two classes I was in. Long story short, for conveinence's sake (since my JC is across town), I usually stayed over at the house of another guy who I'd became friends with (he was in it with me).

awesome...glad you are back! :)  How did the play go?

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/14/06 at 7:44 pm

awesome...glad you are back! :)  How did the play go?

We all kinda had three words for it once it was over -- fun, but tiring (LOL). It ran for three weekends (luckily, our best audience was closing night, that was also when it was taped).

On that last night, we all helped deassemble the set, and later to a party at someone's house for the whole cast (both of which we always do). Even though I'm not much of a partier/wild guy-type, it was fun for the social part. Although I kinda wished I hadn't done it the next day since I didn't get home till 4AM and had to work at 9! (I had to "Cornholio" myself with coffee all day just to not keel over asleep at the counter. ;D )

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/06 at 7:46 pm

We all kinda had three words for it once it was over -- fun, but tiring (LOL). It ran for three weekends (luckily, our best audience was closing night, that was also when it was taped).

On that last night, we all helped deassemble the set, and later to a party at someone's house for the whole cast (both of which we always do). Even though I'm not much of a partier/wild guy-type, it was fun for the social part. Although I kinda wished I hadn't done it the next day since I didn't get home till 4AM and had to work at 9! (I had to "Cornholio" myself with coffee all day just to not keel over asleep at the counter. ;D )

that sounds like it was loads of fun. It's always great being apart of the cast of a play. I have been involved with quite a few, and they have always been very memorable. I'm glad to hear that your play was a success. Do you have any plans on being in another one soon?

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/14/06 at 7:49 pm

that sounds like it was loads of fun. It's always great being apart of the cast of a play. I have been involved with quite a few, and they have always been very memorable. I'm glad to hear that your play was a success. Do you have any plans on being in another one soon?

Oh for sure (I've wanted to be a performer since I was 10, even though I didn't start actively doing stuff 'till a few years ago, around '99). This is the 4th one I've been in. Thing is, I don't know what I like the most - film acting, stage stuff, comedy, music, writing. That actually makes it harder, it's like What do I pick now?, LOL. :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/06 at 7:51 pm

Oh for sure (I've wanted to be a performer since I was 10, even though I didn't start actively doing stuff 'till a few years ago, around '99). This is the 4th one I've been in. Thing is, I don't know what I like the most - film acting, stage stuff, comedy, music, writing. That actually makes it harder, it's like What do I pick now?, LOL. :D

yes...I too have always enjoyed being on the stage, and also, working behind the scenes (stagecrew, props, design, etc).  My dream was to become a theater director at a high school or college....that would be amazing. ;)

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/14/06 at 7:58 pm

yes...I too have always enjoyed being on the stage, and also, working behind the scenes (stagecrew, props, design, etc).  My dream was to become a theater director at a high school or college....that would be amazing. ;)

Well, the theatre staff at my place seem to have great jobs (a little grueling sometimes, but fun and challenging all the same), so I think you'd like it. JW: were/are you more often doing tech/backstage work, or being on stage? I think both are cool in their own way.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/06 at 8:03 pm

Well, the theatre staff at my place seem to have great jobs (a little grueling sometimes, but fun and challenging all the same), so I think you'd like it. JW: were/are you more often doing tech/backstage work, or being on stage? I think both are cool in their own way.

I would say it is about 50/50.  I have been stage manager for a play, worked with props/scenery, was in charge of advertising once, was the script prompter for a play....but I also act in plays. When I was younger I used to be involved in a community children's theater...it was a lot of fun.  In high school, I was involved in the musicals/plays...and now, I am involved in our church drama team (which put on very elaborate productions throughout the year).

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/14/06 at 8:33 pm

New York...

New York?

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/14/06 at 11:05 pm

What's your JC?

I sort of want to be a playwright as a career...

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/14/06 at 11:34 pm

What's your JC?

I sort of want to be a playwright as a career...

Really? That's cool - btw, it's called West Valley and it's in the town of Saratoga. I only go there part-time though, and largely to be in movies/plays, etc.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/14/06 at 11:37 pm

Really? That's cool - btw, it's called West Valley and it's in the town of Saratoga. I only go there part-time though, and largely to be in movies/plays, etc.

;) I meant what is a JC!

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/14/06 at 11:37 pm

;) I meant what is a JC!

Oh sorry - Junior College. :)

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/14/06 at 11:39 pm

Oh sorry - Junior College. :)

Thanks  :). Currently, we don't think we're having one-acts because our director is in a Broadway play, and we're all lazy at the year's end. We all were going to write parodies of TV shows.

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/14/06 at 11:49 pm

Thanks  :). Currently, we don't think we're having one-acts because our director is in a Broadway play, and we're all lazy at the year's end. We all were going to write parodies of TV shows.

Oh, I hear how that is (the being lazy at the end of the year part, LOL). BTW, I like one acts.

What kind of parodies did/do you have in mind? That's another thing I've always enjoyed and think I'm at least sort of good at (Weird Al Yankovic was another influence of mine, starting when I was around 11).

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/14/06 at 11:54 pm

Oh, I hear how that is (the being lazy at the end of the year part, LOL). BTW, I like one acts.

What kind of parodies did/do you have in mind? That's another thing I've always enjoyed and think I'm at least sort of good at (Weird Al Yankovic was another influence of mine, starting when I was around 11).

I was going to do an ANTM (America's Next Top Model Parody), and there was also going to be a "teen drama" parody of The O.C., Beverly Hills 90210, etc. Last year ours were more dramatic, we have a new director this year who's into the comedy.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/19/06 at 8:18 am

Is it possible for me to write a 6 page term paper in one night?
Can I answer that?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/19/06 at 8:28 am

Yes, if you also answer this:

Why do people celebrate the coming of their death? (a.k.a. birthday)
People celebrate the date of their birth, for it is truly impossible to celebrate the date of your impending death.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/19/06 at 8:30 am

Is it possible for me to write a 6 page term paper in one night?
With good preparation of a draft for the essay or term paper the essay or term paper can easier be written in a couple of hours (with the constant use of spellchecker).

Subject: Re: Ask McFly.

Written By: nally on 10/26/06 at 12:07 am

Hi McFly!

Is Marty your real first name?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/26/06 at 8:03 am

Have you found any neat things at Goodwill lately?

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/26/06 at 8:29 pm

Have you found any neat things at Goodwill lately?

Yeah, I've found some cool little things in the past couple weeks (i.e. an almost brand new Ab Krunch-type thing from 1993; paperback autobiographies from Jay Leno and Jerry Springer; some more '80s/early '90s cassettes -- even though I have hundreds of those already). ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/26/06 at 8:33 pm

Yeah, I've found some cool little things in the past couple weeks (i.e. an almost brand new Ab Krunch-type thing from 1993; paperback autobiographies from Jay Leno and Jerry Springer; some more '80s/early '90s cassettes -- even though I have hundreds of those already). ;D

that sounds cool! I was at Salvation Army today....I found a brand new pair of Converse tennis shoes (All-Stars), which I will sell on Ebay. :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/26/06 at 8:46 pm

that sounds cool! I was at Salvation Army today....I found a brand new pair of Converse tennis shoes (All-Stars), which I will sell on Ebay. :)

Rock on (although I wonder who'd sell them, I'm not surprised by that anymore). :)

Not sure if it's the same thing where you're at, but around here, it seems like Salvation Army is a little better for things like clothes and appliances, whereas Goodwill has more "entertainment" stuff (i.e. boomboxes, VHS tapes). Would you agree?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/26/06 at 8:51 pm

Rock on (although I wonder who'd sell them, I'm not surprised by that anymore). :)

Not sure if it's the same thing where you're at, but around here, it seems like Salvation Army is a little better for things like clothes and appliances, whereas Goodwill has more "entertainment" stuff (i.e. boomboxes, VHS tapes). Would you agree?

yes...most of the time.  Although...both have been totally raising their prices. I couldn't believe some of the prices of used, donated goods at Salvation Army today...it was crazy! ::)

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/26/06 at 8:51 pm

They charged me like... two dollars for each LP I wanted! >=O

I think it was Goodwill...

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/26/06 at 8:54 pm

yes...most of the time.  Although...both have been totally raising their prices. I couldn't believe some of the prices of used, donated goods at Salvation Army today...it was crazy! ::)

That's a bummer. Yeah, SA seems higher priced on most things. Like something that'd be $30 at Goodwill might be $45-50 there. VHS tapes are 4 bucks which is actually pretty high for today's standards.

Written By: nally on 10/26/06 at 8:58 pm

Hi McFly!

Is Marty your real first name?

He hasn't answered, so I presume it isn't. :-\\

Written By: Howard on 10/28/06 at 7:38 pm

How's Doc been? ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/29/06 at 3:22 am

Are they any chances of more BTTF films?

Written By: Howard on 10/29/06 at 6:26 am

Are they any chances of more BTTF films?

Perhaps a Back To The Future 4?

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/10/07 at 4:53 am

*BUMP*

Just thought I'd give this a shot again, since it's been awhile.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/10/07 at 4:56 am

Who invented the Barcode?

Written By: Howard on 12/10/07 at 6:46 am

What are your goals for 2008?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/10/07 at 6:20 pm

Who put the bop in the bop she bop she bop?  Who put the ram in the ramalama ding dong?

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/10/07 at 9:08 pm

Who invented the Barcode?

Who put the bop in the bop she bop she bop?  Who put the ram in the ramalama ding dong?

;D

Not sure on either.

What are your goals for 2008?

Quite a bit actually. For right now I'm looking for a "real" job (i.e. something that's not retail), so I can make some sturdier money. I've also taken a couple semesters off college, and I want to go back, even if it's just taking one or two classes. I want to get my degree and/or transfer before too long.

Without getting too personal, my main goal in the meantime is to build up enough money and at least something of a career so I can make a big move across the country in a couple years. My heart tells me it's the right thing to do. I love northern California and it's been my home for 26 years (I can remember about 22 and a half of them, lol), and it won't be easy leaving, but like I said, it feels right for so many reasons. I also want to transfer to a college out there.

That's what I want to spend the next year "preparing" for.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/10/07 at 10:50 pm

wowsers...I forgot that you actually had a thread of your own...I was/am so used to you and I kind of sharing my ask me thread!!! ;D :D

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/10/07 at 10:54 pm

^ Totally yeah, I love your thread though, 'cause we're always talking in it and it feels so special. I almost forgot I had it too. ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/10/07 at 10:55 pm

^ Totally yeah, I love your thread though, 'cause we're always talking in it and it feels so special. I almost forgot I had it too. ;)

well, you are always welcome to my thread!!  ;D :D

Written By: Howard on 12/11/07 at 6:38 am

What's your favorite sport?

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/11/07 at 6:44 am

What's your favorite sport?

Generally not too into traditional sports, but I like bowling, and to a lesser extent, golf. Pretty much the "lower activity" ones, lol.

well, you are always welcome to my thread!!  ;D :D

Awww I love your thread, sweetie - just because it's yours and because we've talked in it all the time. ;)

Written By: whistledog on 12/19/07 at 11:55 am

Does McFly like the band McFly?

Written By: Howard on 12/19/07 at 2:41 pm

How'd you get the name of McFly?  ???

Written By: Midas on 12/19/07 at 3:59 pm

Did your dad ever finish Biff's homework?  :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/19/07 at 11:48 pm

Are you as cute as the real Marty McFly? Oh wait......you don't have to answer that one...I already know it! :-* ;)

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/20/07 at 1:05 am

Are you as cute as the real Marty McFly? Oh wait......you don't have to answer that one...I already know it! :-* ;)

Thanks sweetie - well, you know I think you're literally the cutest, most beautiful woman in the world too. :)

As for the username, I got it from Back to the Future. That was Michael J Fox's character's name, and those are some of my favorite movies, that I can relate to on a personal level. Plus, I like dates and time travel too.

Written By: Gis on 12/20/07 at 4:32 am

Does McFly like the band McFly?
And is it really all about you?

Written By: Howard on 12/20/07 at 6:26 am

Do you have any people you know named Biff?

Written By: Midas on 12/20/07 at 11:42 am

Are you always going to ignore my responses?  Should I ask tougher questions?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/20/07 at 4:07 pm

I don't think the DeLorean is really able to get to 88 mph without exploding...I don't think Doc's car was street legal!  :o

Written By: woops on 12/20/07 at 4:38 pm

Are you from a magazine or newspaper?

Just wondering...

Written By: Howard on 12/21/07 at 6:21 am

I don't think the DeLorean is really able to get to 88 mph without exploding...I don't think Doc's car was street legal!  :o

I think it was just a stunt.

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/21/07 at 2:33 pm

With all due respect, if half the comments are just jokey and/or referring to my screenname, I'm locking this.

Written By: Midas on 12/21/07 at 4:38 pm

With all due respect, if half the comments are just jokey and/or referring to my screenname, I'm locking this.

With all due respect, if this is your response to my question(s), then so be it.  I don't think anyone meant to offend.  I apologize for my joking question if it offended you.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/21/07 at 5:21 pm

aww c'mon Marty.  I say take what ever posts come  :) unless they're not nice or violate the sacred code of the board. You got a nice balance of serious stuff along with a bit of goofiness. it's not so bad. the first post on your thread was a joke about Marty mcFly, so really, that kinda set the tone my friend  8) 

I have a pet peeve about people threatening to or locking threads that somehow begin to displease them. that's my feeling on the subject of locking threads.

..so here's a serious question for you and maybe a joking one later  ;)  i have a ton of audio cassettes I don't want and a couple are new. would you be interested in hearing some titles and if there are any you don't have, they're yours for the fair price of $free$  since you still like that format.

Written By: Howard on 12/22/07 at 6:28 am

If anybody meant to hurt you,we apologize. ;)

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/24/07 at 6:39 pm

Oh, I'm not really gonna lock the thread. In return, I apologize if I came off kinda snappy before. :) I have nothing against the silly stuff like "How's Doc doing" or "did you do Biff's homework"...that's all good. But it seems like when people respond here, it's MOSTLY that instead of serious questions or talking to me. So I guess I kinda felt ignored.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/24/07 at 7:04 pm

Oh, I'm not really gonna lock the thread. In return, I apologize if I came off kinda snappy before. :) I have nothing against the silly stuff like "How's Doc doing" or "did you do Biff's homework"...that's all good. But it seems like when people respond here, it's MOSTLY that instead of serious questions or talking to me. So I guess I kinda felt ignored.
ok good, your concerm of the replies is legit, but hard to control as so many threads go off topic. Looking at it another way, at least it's attention of some sort and your thread is getting hits.  :)

Written By: Howard on 12/25/07 at 6:32 am

What are your plans for Christmas?

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/03/08 at 8:40 pm

Well, lots has changed with me since I started this thread (and new people on here too), so I'll give it another bump. ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/03/08 at 10:37 pm

let's see...I could ask you about....oh wait, I already know that. Maybe I'll think of a question concerning...uh, nevermind, I know that too. Oh..ooooh...I know, I will mention......ah, I know THAT too! Hehee....anyway, there's nothing left! ;D :D

Written By: tv on 07/04/08 at 5:26 pm

What are your hobbies away from these boards?

Written By: woops on 07/06/08 at 5:01 pm

Is one of the cops from the Julie Brown "Homecoming Queen" music video Weird Al? It kinda looks like him.

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/06/08 at 10:08 pm

^ Not sure, good question. I'm familar with most stuff Al has done, and I've never heard of him being in that.

What are your hobbies away from these boards?

Oh I like shopping at places like thrift stores or the mall, talking on the phone (well now at least) and stuff like bowling and minature golfing, or going to the movies. I'm pretty easygoing though, like if I'm hanging with friends I'm usually fine with doing whatever they are. I'm not into alot of the typical "guy stuff", which I guess is why I get along with women so well.

Written By: tv on 07/07/08 at 5:11 pm

^ Not sure, good question. I'm familar with most stuff Al has done, and I've never heard of him being in that.

Oh I like shopping at places like thrift stores or the mall, talking on the phone (well now at least) and stuff like bowling and minature golfing, or going to the movies. I'm pretty easygoing though, like if I'm hanging with friends I'm usually fine with doing whatever they are. I'm not into alot of the typical "guy stuff", which I guess is why I get along with women so well.
Do you find alot of good stuff at thrift stores?

Written By: Davester on 07/08/08 at 12:16 am

What do you do for a living..?

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/08/08 at 4:25 am

Do you find alot of good stuff at thrift stores?

Oh yeah, they're great. Its usually pretty inexpensive and almost like going back in time (there's lots of '80s and 90s stuff there). You'd think used stuff wouldn't be any good, but surprisingly it is.

What do you do for a living..?

Inbetween jobs right now actually, lol. I did retail for like 9 years (I did that WAY too long though and got sick of it). My passion is acting or performing, but in terms of just getting by, I'd like to get an entry level office job or something soon.

Subject: Re: Jesse's Q&A thread. :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/13/08 at 7:00 pm

Giving this one more shot, and changed the title to differentiate it a bit. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...