inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 20th high school class reunion

Written By: silvergirl on 05/20/06 at 9:20 am

help all,

having my 20th hs class reunion.  would love ideas on decor and food.  i was going to go with the pastels ala miami vice, flower arrangements in vintage soda cans and bartles and jaymes wine cooler bottles.  of course all 80s music.  give me your best ideas

favorite quote of all times "Looks like University of Illinois"
Tom C.  Risky Business

Beth

Subject: Re: 20th high school class reunion

Written By: Tia on 05/20/06 at 10:21 am

tracks from the van halen album "diver down" should be played -- secrets and little guitars would be good ones. I'm totally into that album lately!

We're having our twentieth in, um, September, I believe it is.

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/20/06 at 6:42 pm

Get "modern rock" and '80s college radio favorites... R.E.M., Pixies, and of course, They Might be Giants :P

Written By: Tia on 05/20/06 at 8:43 pm

duran duran dude. the theme should be "hungry like the wolf."

i actually played in an 80s band for a while. the slightly cheesy dated 80s stuff went over best -- duran duran, the bangles, gogos, stuff like that. the original our lips are sealed would be good cuz hilary duff recently butchered it and the original is such a fun song!

decor, i'm really not that sure. how much leeway do you have? i know back to the future has a good 80s prom scene in it, you might get some ideas offa that. what are some other movies with prom scenes? i bet a bunch of john hughes flicks have prom scenes.

Check for new replies or respond here...