inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Me Anything About Talking Heads

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/05/06 at 1:48 pm

Subject: Re: Ask Me Anything About Talking Heads

Written By: Apricot on 06/15/06 at 9:30 pm

What do the French bits on "Psycho Killer" translate to? I know there's the part in the chorus, and then there's a bridge that seems to be in another language.

Written By: Apricot on 06/15/06 at 9:31 pm

Also, is it true most of the tracks on Remain In Light are either sped up or slowed down about 20%?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/27/06 at 2:14 pm

What do the French bits on "Psycho Killer" translate to? I know there's the part in the chorus, and then there's a bridge that seems to be in another language.

I have no idea  ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/27/06 at 2:14 pm

Also, is it true most of the tracks on Remain In Light are either sped up or slowed down about 20%?

Yes, they are sped up 20%.

Written By: FaultyDog on 06/27/06 at 2:26 pm

"Psycho killer - Qu'est-ce que c'est? " - is that what you mean? ???

It means "Psycho killer - what is that?"

Written By: Apricot on 06/27/06 at 4:03 pm

Well, there's also a little Bridge-type thing that's in French.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/29/06 at 11:02 pm

What's your fave era/sound of the band?

You probably know 'em better than me, but they seemed to have three different phases. #1, 1979-80, the more artsy/dark new wave period, such as "Once in a Lifetime"; #2, pop/rock c. 1983 ("Burning Down the House") and #3, the polished pop era of 1985+. Personally this is my favorite, I like songs like "And She Was" and especially "Wild Wild Life".

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/29/06 at 11:39 pm

You probably know 'em better than me, but they seemed to have three different phases. #1, 1979-80, the more artsy/dark new wave period, such as "Once in a Lifetime"; #2, pop/rock c. 1983 ("Burning Down the House") and #3, the polished pop era of 1985+. Personally this is my favorite, I like songs like "And She Was" and especially "Wild Wild Life".

Though you're not asking me...I'm going to say my personal favorite is the more "artsy/dark new wave period" from 1977-1980. I like their stuff afterwards, but it's a little bit less interesting from a purely musical standpoint, though it's great "polished pop."

Written By: Apricot on 06/30/06 at 4:20 pm

Yeah, the artsy/dark new wave was best.

When they got into World music.. not so good.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/06 at 5:23 pm

Is Doris in A Cream Cracker Under the Settee considered to be the character created by Alan Bennett in his serie of monologues Talking Heads?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 07/06/06 at 9:41 pm

Talking Heads' later work is my favorite. Their '70s and early '80s music is good too.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 07/06/06 at 9:41 pm

Is Doris in A Cream Cracker Under the Settee considered to be the character created by Alan Bennett in his serie of monologues Talking Heads?

???  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/16/06 at 12:17 pm

Have you heard every single T.H. song ever commercially released, as well as the bootlegs.etc? Or at least their main studio albums in their entirety?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 07/16/06 at 2:44 pm

Have you heard every single T.H. song ever commercially released, as well as the bootlegs.etc? Or at least their main studio albums in their entirety?

Not even close.

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/16/06 at 3:51 pm

Where exactly is "Nowhere".  I wouldn't mind going with them if I knew where the Road to Nowhere was and how long we'd be gone. 

Written By: Donnie Darko on 07/16/06 at 3:57 pm

Where exactly is "Nowhere".  I wouldn't mind going with them if I knew where the Road to Nowhere was and how long we'd be gone. 

Where the bus to Not in Service goes.

Written By: Apricot on 07/17/06 at 1:49 pm

This is that section I was refering to in "Psycho Killer":

Ce que j'ai fait ce soir-l

Check for new replies or respond here...