inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Me About Jim Morrison and the Doors

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/02/06 at 1:11 pm

Ask away...

Subject: Re: Ask Me About Jim Morrison and the Doors

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/03/06 at 2:13 am

Was he really spotted shopping at a Quiki-Mart with Elvis in Ypsilanti, Michigan?

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/03/06 at 2:16 am

Was he really spotted shopping at a Quiki-Mart with Elvis in Ypsilanti, Michigan?

I'm afraid I've never heard of that incident (amazing) - but I doubt it. To my knowledge he never met Elvis - at least not publicly. Other famous rock stars he knew quite well were the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, the Stones, The Who, Janis Joplin, Arthur Lee from Love, and some others from the L.A. Scene (he briefly resided in Topanga Canyon with his girlfriend/'common law' wife Pamela Coulter.

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/08/06 at 1:25 pm

Ya know Val Kilmer doesn't know who his real dad is.  Do you think it's a possibility?

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/08/06 at 9:41 pm

Ya know Val Kilmer doesn't know who his real dad is.  Do you think it's a possibility?

Val Kilmer was born in 1959 in Los Angeles - a place the Morrisons (Admiral Steve Morrison was with the Navy, so they were always moving around) had not yet been stationed. Jim was also only 15, and said he 'got laid' for the first time at age 19 (I know that will surprise some of you). Aside from that, I don't think Kilmer looks like Jim much anyway.

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/09/06 at 2:12 am

Perception means everything

Written By: danootaandme on 07/10/06 at 6:02 pm

I don't think Kilmer looks like Jim much anyway.

You are right about that, and he doesn't have that pure sexual magnetism that Mr. Mojo Risin exuded, not that there are many in one lifetime who do.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/11/06 at 1:15 pm

You are right about that, and he doesn't have that pure sexual magnetism that Mr. Mojo Risin exuded, not that there are many in one lifetime who do.

He was enough to turn a straight man gay.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...