inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask me about Deborah Gibson

Written By: woops on 07/02/06 at 5:55 pm

Feel free to ask a question about Deb, which I'll answer or give my opinion.

http://img.timeinc.net/people/i/2005/features/qa/050228/dgibson.jpg

Subject: Re: Ask me about Deborah Gibson

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/02/06 at 11:07 pm

Isn't she just like the Britney Spears of the 80s?  8)

Written By: woops on 07/02/06 at 11:45 pm

I wouldn't say that since Deborah wrote/produced her own songs and playted piano since she was a small child.

In 1988,  became the youngest artist to write, produce, and record a #1 hit in the US with "Foolish Beat" at age 17, which the record still holds to this day.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/03/06 at 2:12 am

Are you in love with Deborah Gilbson?

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/03/06 at 2:13 am

I wouldn't say that since Deborah wrote/produced her own songs and playted piano since she was a small child.

In 1988,  became the youngest artist to write, produce, and record a #1 hit in the US with "Foolish Beat" at age 17, which the record still holds to this day.

She looks like Britney.

Written By: woops on 07/03/06 at 3:15 pm

http://www.deb.org/special/debbie8.jpghttp://www.moviestarsmovies.com/Images/BritneySpears.jpg

Deborah Gibson, circa: 1989/Britney Spears, some years ago

I gotten into Deborah Gibson's music the late 1990's on one of those 80's music video things on MTV or VH1  and had a bit of a crush on her during the same time Britney came onto the scene.  I still find her hot, though I'm more into her music and yes I have a life.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/04/06 at 2:10 pm

Any truth to the rumor about Spuds and Debbie G?
Or did they only go to the motel, just to watch a little TV?

Written By: woops on 07/07/06 at 2:42 am

Lyrics to the Mojo Nixon song "Debbie Gibson is Pregnant With My Two Headed Love Child"

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/19/06 at 8:12 am

Where is she now?

Written By: nally on 11/05/06 at 3:08 pm

Hey Woops, why did you lock your other thread (the one about tv, animation, etc.)?

Written By: woops on 11/05/06 at 3:23 pm

It was getting out of hand also I locked it in the same time I was in a middle of a dumb argument... (rather not talk about it)

Deborah Gibson is now a stage actress who appeared in over a dozen musicals like "Les Miserables", "Grease", and "Cabaret". She still releases albums under her own lable (Golden Egg) like 1997's "Deborah" and 2001 "MYOB", though several of her albums like "Think With Your Heart" (1995) and "Anything Is Possible" (1990) are also good.

Though unfortunately she's still looked as as the '80's pop princess despite that her music is obiviously more mature and does A/C ballads to upbeat pop (keep in mind, if she's still 17 Tom Cruise would be considered "cool" instead of some nutcase).

Written By: nally on 11/05/06 at 3:25 pm

It was getting out of hand also I locked it in the same time I was in a middle of a dumb argument... (rather not talk about it)

Okay, fair enough. I had a question about animation that I wanted to ask you, but I suppose I could do so in a PM. :)

Back on topic...

What's she doing now? Does she have any current projects?

Written By: Henk on 07/22/08 at 3:11 pm

OK, this might come as some sort of surprise...but I actually have a serious question.

I've heard a rumour that this song by Dutch singer Monique Smit is based on a Deborah Gibson song. It doesn't sound like Deborah to me, but what do I know? If one person can solve the mystery, it's you.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/24/08 at 4:05 pm

Hey Woops!

Did you know that Debbie was in a Michael Jackson music video in 1988? She had a cameo--with a host of other stars--in Michael's video for Liberian Girl off of the Bad album. It's kinda cute.

Written By: coqueta83 on 07/24/08 at 7:46 pm

I think Debbie also had a cameo in the original "Ghostbusters" movie. I could've sworn I read something about it in one of those teenybopper magazines I used to buy in bulk in the late 80's.  ;)

Written By: woops on 08/02/08 at 6:43 pm

Never saw the MJ video, though I saw the video tap of "History Vol II" at a trift store, but didn't buy it...

Any scans?

Yes, she was in "Ghostbusters", though for a second as a birthday girl in the tavern

Sorry Henk, but I don't know and never heard of Monique Smit.

Check for new replies or respond here...