inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ask me anything about the works of michael crichton

Written By: annonymouse on 07/19/06 at 9:44 pm

please do not include any of his books published under psudonyms.

Subject: Re: ask me anything about the works of michael crichton

Written By: danootaandme on 07/23/06 at 3:45 pm

I absolutely loved "Eaters of the Dead"  I have tried others but lost interest.  What would you recommend for me to try to make my way back to him?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/23/06 at 3:49 pm

I absolutely loved "Eaters of the Dead"  I have tried others but lost interest.  What would you recommend for me to try to make my way back to him?

Eaters of the Dead was a different experience for me.  Very interesting story, indeed.

I would recommend that you read Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Rising Sun and Airframe.  Disclosure was also a good book that was made into a movie.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/23/06 at 4:18 pm

Why was Timeline such a good book when the film version was dire?

Written By: annonymouse on 08/12/06 at 12:40 am

yo, I am also a self-proclaimed Crichton expert! i have read all of his books that I could find (at the library.. i'm cheap like that)

my question is, in Sphere, why does Beth decide to destroy the undersea habitat, when she could just as easily kill off the tranquilized Harry and the foolish Norman and keep the sphere secret from everyone else?

because that wouldn't be as exciting.

definataly jurrasic park.even if you've seen the movie you'll love the book. congo is a great book. prey and timeline are also very very good.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/06 at 12:47 am

because that wouldn't be as exciting.

definataly jurrasic park.even if you've seen the movie you'll love the book. congo is a great book. prey and timeline are also very very good.
Certainly, Timeline as the book was good, but for the film, the director Richard Donner kept chopping and changing it. Which confused the music but Jerry Goldsmith.

Written By: annonymouse on 08/12/06 at 12:56 am

yeah. and the congo movie was even worse in comparisson to the book than timeline.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/06 at 12:59 am

yeah. and the congo movie was even worse in comparisson to the book than timeline.
Thanks for that info, for Congo was on my must see list.

Written By: annonymouse on 08/12/06 at 1:35 am

if you've read the book then you shoul'd still see the movie. just to see how amazingly horible it was.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/06 at 3:30 am

For me the only book and film I have both enjoyed is The First Great Train Robbery.

Check for new replies or respond here...