inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask me to Interpret your dreams

Written By: holicman on 07/29/06 at 3:11 am

For anyone interested, I have experience in successfully interpreting peoples dreams.
For years i have interpreted friends and family members dreams to help them understand where they are in life.

For anyone interested, please send me your dream in detail, please tell me the emotions you experienced when having the dream, a little bit about your current situation in life, and your return email adress . I will interpret your dreams for you.
Or alternatively you can Pm me here with details and I will do what I can :)

We have dreams for a reason, dreams are a guidance for you and the steps you may wish to take in your life in the future.

Dreams can help guide you in the right direction in your life.

Cheers :)
my email is holicman@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: Ask me to Interpret your dreams

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/30/06 at 1:14 pm

Okay, here's a dream I had last night...

Well, I was in this ice cream shop and it was taking me a really long time to order, because the serving person was mentally retarded and all the flavors were unclear. I ended up ordering cake with frosting flavored ice cream with walnuts and green mint ice cream with chocolate chips. Then, I was in this CD store which had all these weird aisles and nothing I wanted, that was weirdly a part of the ice cream shop, and my family owned it. And then, I found this hotel room where Prince and Madonna were living. Michael Jackson had just left and they were saying he was talented but weird. And I was asking them all these questions. And then, I was walking outside this shop in the form of a Victorian house, and it turned out that it was run by Prince's 17 sons, except for RuPaul (in this dream he was Prince's son), and that he had this one daughter who had no clothing on. And then I woke up.

Written By: KKay on 07/30/06 at 1:36 pm

I have a good one.
I loved it and never wanted it to end and it was happening while I was slightly awake; this way I could manipulate it a little...but then I lost control.

I was acting in a movie with Vincent D'onofrio (who i really do dig in real life) and I was thinking that I had better do a really good job cuz he's a good actor and he'll be fed up with me if I suck.  The story in the film was taking place in the late 50s early 60s in a brooklyn seaside town.
I was first at a ball, sitting on a chaise lounge in formal wear talking to someone and the stage direciton is for him to approach from behind the chair, offer his hand, and ask me to dance- i'm in this sequin silver number, appropriate for the time period, and he's in a tux and a yamulkha.  The scene has begun and I"m normal on the outside and tallking to myself on the inside- "one take...get it perfect and he'll really respect you, too....one take...here it comes.,..relax, hand out, get up..."
I was thinking this was a strange thing to be dreaming but I like him so I tried to keep the dream going.
then there is a scene where he has to leave the party.
I watch out the window.
then the next scene where I walk to a brooklyn apartment in one shoe...he is running from the boardwalk area to the front door of the apartment to catch up to me and i give him a big kiss...and say I was waiting for him. He says, "you were? I thought you hated me...I'm a bad dancer..." and there is talk and then he explains how we can't let anyone see us because he's jewish and i"m not...
suddenly in the scene one of my friends in a great early 60s hairdo runs up and says that there is a riot in the streets and they are marching this way..
we run, him pulling me.
next thing we know we are in a large, angry march of people...80% black, all poor and they are yelling and pushing everyone- he is grabbing at me to help me out of the crowd.
i feel i'm beginning to get lost, but we are still holding fingertips.
I begin to think, in real life, that this is not how I would have the story go and I should wake up before it gets scary.
so I did.
well?

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/30/06 at 1:57 pm

I had a dream the other night that I was used as an tester of a new kind of improved condom on hot women, this doesn't mean a look into the future does it?

lol and no I'm not lying I actually had that dream.

Written By: Clover_339 on 07/30/06 at 2:27 pm

I had a dream that my long dead cat, who I loved dearly, came back to life, but only for a few hours. In order to keep her alive for longer, say forever, I had to do loads of weird tasks and ened up going to outer space. Weird, huh?

Email:daniellep.williambrookes.shropshire@webmail.digitalbrain.com

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/30/06 at 6:11 pm

Interpret my dreams, please?

Written By: KKay on 07/30/06 at 6:23 pm

Interpret my dreams, please?

it was so simple....yet I didn't see it.
good work.

Written By: holicman on 07/30/06 at 10:23 pm

Cheers Everyone :

I will have a response within 24 hours :)

Written By: holicman on 08/04/06 at 6:49 am

Sorry Guys, been extremely tied up, I will have all of these responded to by the end of the weekend :)

All the best :)

Written By: holicman on 08/05/06 at 11:04 pm

dude, as soon as i have a dream, and i remember it, and i remember to write it down so i don't forget it five minutes after waking up, i'll post it here as soon as possible.

anyway, how would you interpret this dream, which i found on a forum? (this first got me interested in dream interpretations, BTW)

"
crazy dream last night. i think it was brought on by those lady in the water commercial-things.

apparently i was a little girl now. and i had to place a pan of water undernieth my bed constantly, and it would dissappear. if i didn't, an evil something would hurt me a great deal. there was a woman there with me, giving me helpful advice, as if I had taken her place as the keeper of this water-sucking thing. and it had to be a specific water too. i couldn't fill it up at the sink. no. i had to put it undernieth the sink, and let the water drip into the pan from the pipes. otherwise the spirit-thing would get mad and hurt me more. and i couldn't use the sink, the only sink in the house. nor sould i use the restroom (for some reason i reallly had to pee in my dream). this would make this water spirit thing very mad cause the water wasn't pure from the pipe somehow. like, when i used the water the pipe's water got contaminated. i dunno. so i ended up having to pee outside my window. it was my house for the most part, but the window...outside it was my yard. but right under my window there was this weird canal of corpses and huge fish in this disgusting muck swimming around like some sort of toxic..thing..it was disgusting and my character, whoever i was, thought that that is what hell must be like. apparently that was brought on by the evil spirit sucking my water that i had to place underneith the bed. shortly after releaving myself two fishermen walk by and fish those fish out of the hell-canal. once they bring it up to them the fish becomes huge w/ feet and rips apart the fishermen in the most brutal of matters. (this is something that if i dreamed as a kid would wake me up and i'd be terrified for the next week..hell, seeing that hell-canal would've done the same! i think i've become stronger!)

i can't really remember how it ended. i know the sun was coming up and the spirit-thing was sucking in less and less water...so uh i dunno. it would literally suck the water too, like the water floated upward towards the bed but dissappeared right before touching the bed. and when i made it mad or didn't give it good water or something alll that really happened was i just had rushes of pain through me and the bed got a little wet, which really made my character, whoever i was, more annoyed then anything. but then she'd go right back to being terrified and get more water.

and no, i didn't wet my bed :D (i'm so proud)
"

Dreaming of something under the bed means someone in your life is being untruthful.
To dream that  objects are disappearing before your eyes, signifies your anxiety and insecurities over the notion that loved ones might leave your life. You may feel that you cannot depend on someone or that you are all alone. You need to work on improving your self-esteem.
The involvement of an evil atmosphere or evil spirits foretells that you will encounter obstacles to your current ambitions. You would be well-advised to consider a change of direction or plans. To dream that someone or something is evil, signifies a repressed and/or forbidden aspect of yourself. This part of yourself may be seeking recognition and acknowledgment. Alternatively, evil in a dream may also be a reflection of your strong, negative emotions like hate, anger, etc.

The lady in your dream talking to you is predominantly a parental figure, even though it isnt your mother (you wouldve specified if it was) represents a sense of love.If she is speaking to you, listen to what she is saying as the message may be of some significance to you.

To dream that you are peeing is an omen of bad luck and frustrating times ahead in love. Dirty or contaminated water creates the impression of an unclear path or future ahead, if the water was clear it would represent a better outlook and good fortune.
To see a corpse in your dream, represents an aspect of yourself that has died or is being repressed. Or it may mean that you are unexpressive - you have shut down your emotions.

To see fish swimming in your dream, signifies insights from your unconscious mind.
To dream of catching a fish represents important insights about yourself and your life which have been brought to the surface.

To dream that you are peeing is an omen of bad luck and frustrating times ahead in love.
To dream of catching a fish predicts personal success. The bigger the fish, the bigger your success will be.

Because you dont directly catch the fish and of course the fish are of the larger variety represents that someone in your life is going to be blessed with good luck, someone very close to you.
Id it be in health, wealth or something else, you will be involved with it.

To dream of a sunrise is a very good omen, symbolizing new adventures, renewal of energy and fulfilment of dreams.

To dream that you are in pain suggests you are being too hard on yourself about to a situation that was out of your control. It can also be a reflection of real phsyical pain that carries over from your waking self.

My overall analysis is that the dreamer has had difficulty with family and her niggling thoughts about a particular situation is eating her up and she wants to say something but cant.

The situation itself may be generated from a miscommunication between the parental figures possibly,where there could be a dissapation in the relationship between mum and dad so to speak, and she knows that one of them is cheating on the other, but therefore cannot say anything for fear of hurting the people she loves or creating more hurt and family tension.

Another scenario regarding these feelings being repressed is that it is possible that the evil spirit in the dream represents the father figure, and the woman in the dream represents love.

IT is quite possible this young girl was raped,or knows of someone very close to her who has been and is repressing her feelings.
Because you dont directly catch the fish and of course the fish are of the larger variety represents that someone in your life is going to be blessed with good luck, someone very close to you.
Id it be in health, wealth or something else, you will be involved with it.

The end of the dream shows big fish.........my belief is this represents a happy ending for the dreamer.........if either of the 2 scenarios above are true,the dreamer will find solace and renewed faith in the situation knowing there is help out there.

With the sun rising, its a great omen that suggests that the dreamer will find the right path and in the end things have the potential to work out, but they have to endure alot of hardships.................the dreamer and/ or the person involved directly is going to be scarred for life and basically is having trouble trusting people and getting close to a partner, so forever will live in fear because of this horrible situation.

Written By: Clover_339 on 08/06/06 at 7:02 am

What does my dream mean?

Written By: holicman on 08/06/06 at 9:59 pm

I will put yours up soon Clover :)

Written By: holicman on 08/06/06 at 11:14 pm

I had a dream that my long dead cat, who I loved dearly, came back to life, but only for a few hours. In order to keep her alive for longer, say forever, I had to do loads of weird tasks and ened up going to outer space. Weird, huh?

Clover, I need more detail about your dream rather than just saying you did weird stuff.

I cant analyze this properly when i dont know what you dreamt about.

Cats represent power and strength especially when a female dreams about it,To dream of outer space represents your creativity. This dream may also indicate that something or someone in your life has just came out of nowhere.

So far thats all I can tell you, because I really have nothing else to go on.

If you could rewrite your dream adding in every detail you can remember about it, I can give you a better analysis.

Written By: holicman on 08/06/06 at 11:47 pm

I had a dream the other night that I was used as an tester of a new kind of improved condom on hot women, this doesn't mean a look into the future does it?

lol and no I'm not lying I actually had that dream.

Sexual dreams are often straight-forward representations of our desires for other people. Sex in a dream can also signify our need to bond with or gain power over others.
If you dream of safe sex (when your romantic partner is wearing a condom), you are feeling emotionally protected.
To see a woman in your dream, represents nurturing, passivity, a caring nature and love.
Dreams of being naked in public symbolize being afraid of being seen for who you really are
if you do not have any problem with another's nudity in your dream, then it implies that you see through people and accept them for who and what they are.

This dream itself is guiding you...... I get the impression that this dream is trying to tell you a bit about yourself.
The purpose of this is to help you understand yourself better quite simply.

Any worries or a complex you may have about yourself are not necessarily an accurate reflection of who you think you are.

You have the love and support of friends,family and other loved ones, but you dont have that true or great love that everyone needs, and this dream is bringing to the surface your desire to have that. Even if you have a partner, its still the desire to need or want more from that relationship.
The fact you are naked represents the fear of getting hurt in this situation.......your desire to want to connect with a certain person that you are wishing to be your partner, or to cement strength in an existing relationship where you need more than what is currently happening.
maybe you have difficulty expressing your thoughts and feelings, Quite possibly you are an introvert.
Also you are not a shallow person, indicated by the women in your dream.......I am guessing they were naked as you were having sex, and to see them naked and obviously you showed no disgust by calling them "hot women" indicates to me that you treat everyone the same.

I believe this dream is a desire to commence a new relationship with someone you are in real life attracted to, or to heavily nurture an already existing relationship.

Maybe you have a close friend that you want to maybe take the next step with ??

Written By: holicman on 08/07/06 at 9:08 pm

What does my dream mean?

I dont have enough info to tell you what your dream means. If you can elaborate on the weird stuff in your dream, maybe then i can give you more info :)

Written By: CeeKay on 08/11/06 at 3:38 pm

Clover, I need more detail about your dream rather than just saying you did weird stuff.

I cant analyze this properly when i dont know what you dreamt about.

Cats represent power and strength especially when a female dreams about it,To dream of outer space represents your creativity. This dream may also indicate that something or someone in your life has just came out of nowhere.

So far thats all I can tell you, because I really have nothing else to go on.

If you could rewrite your dream adding in every detail you can remember about it, I can give you a better analysis.

It could be that her very basic, instinctual self (cat) requires lots of creativity.  She could be realizing that she's got to actively nurture that creative energy ("weird stuff") and let it out (to "outer space") in order to keep her true-basic-instinctual self alive.  (sorry to jump in....just stumbled upon this post).

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 08/11/06 at 3:46 pm

I once had a dream that is still very vivid to me now. I was standing right on the shoreline of the sea and above me was a vertical wave of what must have been 200 foot high just curling slightly over - it was all in very slow motion. I was staring up at the crest of this but woke up before it actually crashed down!

Written By: Roadgeek on 08/11/06 at 10:31 pm

Alright, here it goes.

My school Pendle Hill closed on March 10, 2006. A lot of times, I would hang out with this girl. On the last day, we hugged two times. I knew then that I loved her. I saw her again at the reunion on April 1, 2006. We hugged 3 more times. But I'm not entirely sure if she really likes me. I haven't seen her since that reunion. I've sent her a lot of emails, but only one response. Anyway, here's where the dreams come in. Ever since the school closed, I've been having dreams about her. Usually, it's about me trying to get to her, but never being able to. One dream had her on the side of the Interstate and I couldn't get to her. But I had a pretty impressive dream last night. I dreamed I went to her house and we hung out a little bit. I left the house and I came back and the house was completely abandoned. I spent several days looking her and came across one of her friends. She told me that her family left the house due to some structural damage. I really miss that girl. :\'(

Written By: annonymouse on 08/12/06 at 1:29 am

i had this dream along time ago but here goes. it started out with me, a baby, a little girl, and their mother. we were in the middle of the ocean during a huge storm. the baby was drowning and the mother told me to rescue it. i swam to the baby and was able to save it. then the dream kind of changed scenes and we were all in this weird cabin by the ocean. it was still storming. the mother needed a drink and couldn't get it herself because she was hurt from the storm. she was standing next to me in the kitchen and i was pouring milk into a glass cub when she screamed to me that i couldn't use glass and that it would hurt her. i didn't understand and kept pouring when the cup exploded and cut up the mother. she was very bloody and screaming loudly. i think the little girl was screaming too but i'm not sure.  i woke up very frightened. i had this dream when i was 8 or 9. and in the dream i was my own self at my own age. the mother, the daughter, and the baby were not my family or friends. i don't know who they represented. please help.

i have in the past had 2 other dreams where i was rescuing a babie. only once was the baby supposed to be in my family. once i failed. 
                                                    PLEASE HELP

Written By: holicman on 08/12/06 at 3:29 am

Please keep checking back in the next 48 hours and I will get to these dreams.

I am working tonight but hopefully I should be able to get to this tomorrow or intently on monday.

Very Interesting dreams.

For the others I havent gotten to I will soon over the next day or 2 :)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 08/12/06 at 12:02 pm

Please keep checking back in the next 48 hours and I will get to these dreams.

I am working tonight but hopefully I should be able to get to this tomorrow or intently on monday.

Very Interesting dreams.

For the others I havent gotten to I will soon over the next day or 2 :)

thank you - also I'd like to respectfully ask why you are called Holicman? 

Written By: holicman on 08/12/06 at 9:34 pm

6 years ago I was in a band.

Our band name was holic.

I have always kept the name for use on the internet.

Thats how i got the name.

I eventually added man because people couldnt tell if I was male or female.

Hope that answers your question :)

Written By: annonymouse on 08/14/06 at 9:16 pm

what's taking so long?

Written By: holicman on 08/15/06 at 1:15 am

It takes a while to correctly analyze what everything in the dream is about and how it relates to your life.

I am sorry it is taking is long as it is, I have a back log of other dreams I am interpreting for other people on other sites, so I add them to my growing list and do them when I have time.

I thought I had more time yesterday than I actually did so I apologize for keeping you waiting, but please be patient and I will have it up for you sometime soon.

I am working tonight, so I will probably sit down and do it when i get home.....which wont be until after 11pm.

Thankyou to everyone for your patience :)

Written By: annonymouse on 08/15/06 at 2:35 pm

It takes a while to correctly analyze what everything in the dream is about and how it relates to your life.

I am sorry it is taking is long as it is, I have a back log of other dreams I am interpreting for other people on other sites, so I add them to my growing list and do them when I have time.

I thought I had more time yesterday than I actually did so I apologize for keeping you waiting, but please be patient and I will have it up for you sometime soon.

I am working tonight, so I will probably sit down and do it when i get home.....which wont be until after 11pm.

Thankyou to everyone for your patience :)

ok  ;D

Written By: HunkyDory on 08/15/06 at 8:19 pm

Last night I had a pretty random one...but I want to know what it MEANS

I was hired as the race car driver of the new KFC car, and when I get there I find out the car is only a Go-Kart racing with NASCAR cars...and later that day is my first race..I get into the car and I spin out in the first couple of laps...and die. THE END

Oh, and I've been having A LOT of dreams lately about me dying...does this mean anything...????

:)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 08/16/06 at 8:55 am

Will you be answering the dreams soon Mr Holicman?

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 08/17/06 at 9:42 am

Bongggggggggggggg

Written By: annonymouse on 08/17/06 at 11:37 pm

dude c'mon! you got some angry (and impatiant) customers here.

Written By: CeeKay on 08/18/06 at 12:08 pm

dude c'mon! you got some angry (and impatiant) customers here.

Good dream interpretation really is a time consuming process.  (just sticking up for a colleague so-to-speak).  :)

Written By: KKay on 08/18/06 at 12:12 pm

Good dream interpretation really is a time consuming process.  (just sticking up for a colleague so-to-speak).  :)

^you should know.  you did a good job, but i'm sure that it takes an hour or more out of your day to write back to all these-

good luck!

Written By: CeeKay on 08/18/06 at 8:19 pm

^you should know.  you did a good job, but i'm sure that it takes an hour or more out of your day to write back to all these-

good luck!

Thanks.  But this isn't my board so I'm resisting the urge to jump in on translation.  Just wanted to buy Holicman some time. :)

Written By: lorac61469 on 08/19/06 at 10:11 am

OK, so last night I had a dream about having a "fling" with one of the members of this board.  I've only talked to him in posts, never outsdie of this board, I don't really know much about him, only have a vague idea of what he looks like.  LOL!!

Also, I kept calling him by his screen name.  LOL!

Written By: holicman on 08/22/06 at 10:36 am

Im sorry for the delay everyone.

I will have most of these, especially the first half dozen posted up or Pm'd to you tomorrow.

If you wanted them posted publically let me know now,if you want me to Pm them to you let me know in this thread.

Sorry again for waiting.

Thankyou CeeKay for your help :)

Dream Interpretation is time consuming,so thankyou for your understanding and thankyou for promoting it to everyone here :) Its not as easy as it sounds.

Written By: holicman on 08/22/06 at 10:09 pm

I have taken all the 7 dreams that have requested interpretation and I am doing these today.

I am really grateful for your patience.

I have been overwhelmingly busy which was unexpected.

My  work has needed me to cover shifts of 2 other co workers because of situations out of their control.

I am sort of more back to normal now as I am sharing the load with one of those 2 that have come back to work,sharing the load of the other who, wont be back for another week.

I thank you for your understanding and please understand it wasnt my intention to keep you waiting this long.

Written By: CeeKay on 08/22/06 at 11:48 pm

So, now that you're catching up (lol!) ... here's another one (no hurry; I'm just curious to see what you come up with and I'll tell you my own interp when I get to it too):

I dreamed that I was getting ready to go out somewhere.  I showered, washed my hair, dried it ... and when I looked in the mirror, my hair was very short and black.  (My hair is really longer and blonde).  I was shocked.  I didn't look like me.  I looked somewhat like a lady I know at church (she's older than me and I admire her alot) except that some of the black was also on my skin -- as if I had given myself a bad dye job -- and I didn't like that -- it looked sloppy.  My main concern was that I didn't expect my hair to be short and black -- it was a complete surprise.  How did this happen?? I wondered.

So I wet it again and dried it again....over and over....and each time it became a little lighter and a little longer.  It never quite became what I expected it to be; but it looked nice and I was happy.

Written By: annonymouse on 08/27/06 at 12:15 am

go ahead and post mine holicman. thanks.  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/27/06 at 1:28 am

go ahead and post mine holicman. thanks.  ;D

Patience?

Written By: annonymouse on 08/27/06 at 2:50 pm

Patience?

i'm not being impatient, he told us to tell him if he could post them.  8)

Written By: annonymouse on 08/31/06 at 8:02 pm

NOW I'M GETTING IMPATIENT!!!

Written By: holicman on 08/31/06 at 10:07 pm

I am so sorry to everyone.

Ceekay has kindly requested to do a few dream interpretations for me as I seriously now have no time to do it due to new work commitments.

I am really sorry to those who have been waiting patiently as this was really unexpected, and I had ideas to combat my dream interpretations beyond doing it for people here and other websites.
I actually take this seriously, but any spare time I had has gone out the window as I have just doubled my work hours from 25 hours a week to 50.

Please accept myapologies and understand that this was an unforseeable situation I was unaware would eventuate.

Thankyou to Ceekay for offering to help me and thankyou to everyone for their patience.

Written By: CeeKay on 09/02/06 at 10:59 am

...I'm workin' on 'em.  Tonight....we'll have some results.

Written By: CeeKay on 09/03/06 at 12:19 am

I once had a dream that is still very vivid to me now. I was standing right on the shoreline of the sea and above me was a vertical wave of what must have been 200 foot high just curling slightly over - it was all in very slow motion. I was staring up at the crest of this but woke up before it actually crashed down!

So....here goes...

Standing:  Adhering to a conviction
Shoreline:  The boundary between the world and your spiritual faith
The wave above you:  The higher power
The crest:  a major decision
The slow motion: a dream's way of telling you to pay attention to the dream message
Staring:  focusing your attention (on the major decision).
The crest didn't fall:  the situation would be okay

Are you a spiritual person?  My interpretation of this dream is that you had a decision to make and perhaps you were unsure of your choice.  The dream is saying, basically, that your faith is your guide in this particular circumstance.  I'd say trust your decision and all will be well.  ???

Written By: CeeKay on 09/03/06 at 1:02 am

Babies usually symbolize one of two things:  your innocence, or a dream/plan you have for your future (a person might say "that project was my baby" meaning they birthed it and watched it grow).

Anyway....people in dreams usually represent different aspects of you.  So in this dream there's you, there's your innocence (perhaps), your emotions (the little girl), and the nurturer in you (mother).  The huge storm usually signifies a troubled time.  So here you are -- all the different parts of you -- facing a problem in your life.

The baby was drowning -- either the situation was causing you to lose some of your innocence or to lose your dream.  What you see in this dream is your internal struggle (the nurturer trying to save the baby; you trying to give nutrition to the mother).  Part of you is losing faith, part of you is trying to maintain in the middle of the problem.  The glass represents something fragile. 

When the glass broke and the mother was bleeding -- blood is a cry from your subconscious to pay attention to the dream.  It is also the driving force of life.  "Pay attention....the nurturer/the caretaker in you is hurt."  It seems to me that you needed to take care of some emotional business for your own good.

That's my best evaluation of that dream right now.  What do you think?

Written By: CeeKay on 09/03/06 at 1:07 am

Last night I had a pretty random one...but I want to know what it MEANS

I was hired as the race car driver of the new KFC car, and when I get there I find out the car is only a Go-Kart racing with NASCAR cars...and later that day is my first race..I get into the car and I spin out in the first couple of laps...and die. THE END

Oh, and I've been having A LOT of dreams lately about me dying...does this mean anything...????
:)

Hunky:  This dream suggests that you are STRESSED OUT.  You can't keep up even though you want to "stay in the race" -- if you don't slow down you are gonna CRASH.  Something's got to STOP (that's the death part).  Do you have a job you're needing to quit?  One too many things to take care of lately?

Written By: annonymouse on 09/03/06 at 10:45 pm

That's my best evaluation of that dream right now.  What do you think?

hmmmm...          well i was only about 8 or 9 at the time so          hmmmm...

Written By: CeeKay on 09/04/06 at 8:12 am

hmmmm...          well i was only about 8 or 9 at the time so           hmmmm...

Well trust me....when you were eight or nine....you were a messed up kid  ;)

Written By: annonymouse on 09/04/06 at 2:32 pm

Well trust me....when you were eight or nine....you were a messed up kid  ;)

hmm...  it must have just been a nightmare. i had the dream after a movie night with my sisters. maybe it was just a scary movie. and considering that it was only about 4 or 5 years ago, i think i'd remember any issues.

Written By: CeeKay on 09/05/06 at 8:25 am

hmm...  it must have just been a nightmare. i had the dream after a movie night with my sisters. maybe it was just a scary movie. and considering that it was only about 4 or 5 years ago, i think i'd remember any issues.

Maybe.  The interpretation process is different with kids, because (my guess) they haven't developed the symbolic representations in their minds that adults have.

Written By: annonymouse on 09/05/06 at 9:17 pm

^ maybe

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/06/06 at 11:25 am

I'm dreaming about this palce again...I must be spending too much time here!  LOL!!

I had a dream about Howard and Robin...I went out to dinner with them (Chinese food, don't know if this matters) and Robin was so mad at Howard and I was trying to get them to make-up.  She wanted me to take her home but then she decided to stay and eat.  They got seperate tables and I spent the night running back and forth between the two giving them messages...

Written By: CeeKay on 09/06/06 at 5:48 pm

I'm dreaming about this palce again...I must be spending too much time here!  LOL!!

I had a dream about Howard and Robin...I went out to dinner with them (Chinese food, don't know if this matters) and Robin was so mad at Howard and I was trying to get them to make-up.  She wanted me to take her home but then she decided to stay and eat.  They got seperate tables and I spent the night running back and forth between the two giving them messages...

Interesting.  (Yes, Chinese food matters.  Any details that stick in your mind matter).  I have a busy evening.  But I'll try to get to this w/in the next 24 hrs.

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/06/06 at 7:36 pm

Interesting.  (Yes, Chinese food matters.  Any details that stick in your mind matter).  I have a busy evening.  But I'll try to get to this w/in the next 24 hrs.

Oh goodness...details.  Let's see, Robin was wearing a red floral dress with a lace collar (very 80's looking).  Howard was wearing the suit that he has on in his avatar.  The restaurant had a lot of mirrors and gold. 

Take your time, I'm in no rush. 

Written By: CeeKay on 09/07/06 at 8:44 am

Oh goodness...details.  Let's see, Robin was wearing a red floral dress with a lace collar (very 80's looking).  Howard was wearing the suit that he has on in his avatar.  The restaurant had a lot of mirrors and gold. 

Take your time, I'm in no rush. 

Details, details.  They're so helpful!  I'll give you my thoughts and please let me know if this is on target:

The dream is all about you, of course.  Are you in a place right now where you are struggling with two sides of yourself....the emotional vs. the cognitive.....the artsy vs. the logical ..... the delicate vs. the everyday details (this would be the 'Chinese' symbol)... (or something like that)(Here, it's Robin vs. Howard).

That's what this dream indicates..... that you are seeking personal nourishment (to take care of yourself) (that's the restaurant/food).  You are engaged in a process of self-reflection (mirrors) and what you are seeing are many sides to yourself (many mirrors).  And you just can't seem to reconcile these two apparently opposing sides (they have to be at separate tables -- tables being where you get support -- and you have to run back and forth with messages -- these two sides are not joined and you are experiencing, if nothing else, the onset of fatigue as a result?). 

I'd say you are frustrated, even angry (the color red) at the fact that your emotions or talents are not getting the attention they need (red is also an attention getter).  The dress is the feminine side which saying, "Look at me."  The lace represents either a very specific talent or, again, your more delicate self.

Gold = goodness and worth.  It's good that the restaurant (where your internal nourishment needs can be met) is filled with gold.  This signifies a positive outlook overall or that you are surrounded by goodness in some way despite the fact that there is this conflict.

Written By: Roadgeek on 09/07/06 at 1:26 pm

My dream is pretty far back. Here it is again.

Alright, here it goes.

My school Pendle Hill closed on March 10, 2006. A lot of times, I would hang out with this girl. On the last day, we hugged two times. I knew then that I loved her. I saw her again at the reunion on April 1, 2006. We hugged 3 more times. But I'm not entirely sure if she really likes me. I haven't seen her since that reunion. I've sent her a lot of emails, but only one response. Anyway, here's where the dreams come in. Ever since the school closed, I've been having dreams about her. Usually, it's about me trying to get to her, but never being able to. One dream had her on the side of the Interstate and I couldn't get to her. But I had a pretty impressive dream last night. I dreamed I went to her house and we hung out a little bit. I left the house and I came back and the house was completely abandoned. I spent several days looking her and came across one of her friends. She told me that her family left the house due to some structural damage. I really miss that girl.

Written By: Howard on 09/07/06 at 2:03 pm

May I ask you Lorac as to how you got this dream into your head?  ???  ::)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 09/08/06 at 3:46 am

So....here goes...

Standing:  Adhering to a conviction
Shoreline:  The boundary between the world and your spiritual faith
The wave above you:  The higher power
The crest:  a major decision
The slow motion: a dream's way of telling you to pay attention to the dream message
Staring:  focusing your attention (on the major decision).
The crest didn't fall:  the situation would be okay

Are you a spiritual person?  My interpretation of this dream is that you had a decision to make and perhaps you were unsure of your choice.  The dream is saying, basically, that your faith is your guide in this particular circumstance.  I'd say trust your decision and all will be well.   ???

yeah I try to retain some spirituality in this crazy world - thank you very much for a very clear interpretation CeeKay - it's appreciated

Written By: CeeKay on 09/08/06 at 8:21 am

My dream is pretty far back. Here it is again.

Alright, here it goes.

My school Pendle Hill closed on March 10, 2006. A lot of times, I would hang out with this girl. On the last day, we hugged two times. I knew then that I loved her. I saw her again at the reunion on April 1, 2006. We hugged 3 more times. But I'm not entirely sure if she really likes me. I haven't seen her since that reunion. I've sent her a lot of emails, but only one response. Anyway, here's where the dreams come in. Ever since the school closed, I've been having dreams about her. Usually, it's about me trying to get to her, but never being able to. One dream had her on the side of the Interstate and I couldn't get to her. But I had a pretty impressive dream last night. I dreamed I went to her house and we hung out a little bit. I left the house and I came back and the house was completely abandoned. I spent several days looking her and came across one of her friends. She told me that her family left the house due to some structural damage. I really miss that girl.

I think this dream is pretty straightforward and covers two things:  One, you just miss that girl, period.  And so it is fitting that she be your main character in a dream about your own emotions. (Her character then representing your emotional side).  A house will often represent your mind (or your place of comfort if it is actually your 'home' in the dream).  But this house becomes empty.  Well, certainly it does...because someone you cared about is away from you now.  The interstate could represent a life path that many people travel -- perhaps this particular experience, which you really are sharing with everyone else who went to that school -- but you can't get to the girl (perhaps meaning you just haven't fully dealt with the emotional side of this situation yet). 

I'm sorry you've lost a friend.  The dream seems to be showing you that you need to grieve the loss. 

Is there any way you can get in touch with the girl and get together? 

Written By: CeeKay on 09/08/06 at 8:29 am

So....I think we're all caught up now.  If I've missed anyone, please let me know.

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/08/06 at 10:28 am

May I ask you Lorac as to how you got this dream into your head?  ???  ::)

I suppose it's because many of your posts are about you and Robin.  Mayve the last one I read that night was one of your posts.

Written By: Howard on 09/08/06 at 3:14 pm

I suppose it's because many of your posts are about you and Robin.  Mayve the last one I read that night was one of your posts.

Now that's strange. ;D

Written By: CeeKay on 09/11/06 at 8:59 am

So, now that you're catching up (lol!) ... here's another one (no hurry; I'm just curious to see what you come up with and I'll tell you my own interp when I get to it too):

I dreamed that I was getting ready to go out somewhere.  I showered, washed my hair, dried it ... and when I looked in the mirror, my hair was very short and black.  (My hair is really longer and blonde).  I was shocked.  I didn't look like me.  I looked somewhat like a lady I know at church (she's older than me and I admire her alot) except that some of the black was also on my skin -- as if I had given myself a bad dye job -- and I didn't like that -- it looked sloppy.  My main concern was that I didn't expect my hair to be short and black -- it was a complete surprise.  How did this happen?? I wondered.

So I wet it again and dried it again....over and over....and each time it became a little lighter and a little longer.  It never quite became what I expected it to be; but it looked nice and I was happy.

Interpreting my own dream, here's what I find (a convenient way to keep the thread alive):

Taking a shower represents the need for inner cleansing.  Hair represents thoughts and washing it is the need to make those thoughts more positive.  Mirror - self reflection.  Short hair -- thoughts/attitudes that need to be expanded; black -- a sign of negativity.

Washing the hair represents the process I've been going through over the years to deal with the negative stuff in my life and improve things and become more positive.  Drying it represents the maturing process.  The hair gets longer -- clearly represents personal growth.

So the dream is representative of the process of personal growth that I've been undertaking very purposefully over the past few years.  And the fact that, even when the hair was short and black, I reminded myself of someone I admire...this shows that I understand that all stages and parts of who I am and have been deserve their own respect and are not judged as "bad" -- but seen as worthwhile.

Check for new replies or respond here...