inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ask me about videogames!!!!1111!oneoneone

Written By: JohnDenver on 07/31/06 at 7:26 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Subject: Re: ask me about videogames!!!!1111!oneoneone

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/31/06 at 12:49 pm

Is Bl00-R4y the suXXorz?!?!111?  :D

Just kidding.  Heard a lot about the Sony PS3 having lots more snags than should be expected, a lot of which can be attributed to the Blu-Ray media. 

You got a PS2 or Xbox gamertag?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/31/06 at 12:52 pm

Are there any cheats in Lemmings?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/31/06 at 1:01 pm

JohnDenver, yesterday, for the first time, I spent a full 6 hours playing video games with my friend. Today, I find myself craving them, and trying to find anything I can get my hands on. I even resorted to snake on my old cell phone.

... What ever should I do? This is beginning to scare me, JohnDenver. :(

Written By: Apricot on 07/31/06 at 1:05 pm

JohnDenver, yesterday, for the first time, I spent a full 6 hours playing video games with my friend. Today, I find myself craving them, and trying to find anything I can get my hands on. I even resorted to snake on my old cell phone.

:o!! NO WAY.

NO WAY. YOU?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/31/06 at 1:07 pm

:o!! NO WAY.

NO WAY. YOU?

... :\'( Don't judge me..!

I'm sure it will go away soon. It has to. IT HAS TO GO AWAY EVENTUALLY..! Right?

...Right? :-\\

Written By: Apricot on 07/31/06 at 1:29 pm

... :\'( Don't judge me..!

I'm sure it will go away soon. It has to. IT HAS TO GO AWAY EVENTUALLY..! Right?

...Right? :-\\

Well, here's the test:

Click this link.

Now, did that turn you on?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/31/06 at 1:35 pm

Well, here's the test:

Click this link.

Now, did that turn you on?

Whew! No.

But this might.. a little bit..

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/8127/1297959247devil20may20cry203ps.jpg

Okay, a lot D=

Help.

Written By: Apricot on 07/31/06 at 2:01 pm

Actually, Devil May Cry 2 was a very good game. You have nothing to worry about, until you start playing for 17 hours a day, going to bed at 8 AM, waking up at 5 PM and playing more video games.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/31/06 at 10:22 pm

We could play Doom or Multris!

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/31/06 at 10:22 pm

We could play Doom or Multris!

EXCEPT YOU'RE NOT ON!! >:-{

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/31/06 at 10:52 pm

EXCEPT YOU'RE NOT ON!! >:-{

It's downloaaddddinnng.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/06 at 12:27 am

What is the best Mario Brothers game?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/01/06 at 12:34 am

What is the best Mario Brothers game?

*Takes over JohnDenver's thread*

I liked Super Mario 3 the best. Super Mario 2 gave me the weirdest feeling as a child. I can't explain it. And the first one was just too simple.

I played Mario Party 6 for the first time yesterday. Man, it was so good. Ugh. I just bought it on Ebay, even though I don't own a Gamecube..  :-[

God, what's WRONG with me..?!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/06 at 1:03 am

I liked Super Mario 3 the best. Super Mario 2 gave me the weirdest feeling as a child. I can't explain it. And the first one was just too simple.

I played Mario Party 6 for the first time yesterday. Man, it was so good. Ugh. I just bought it on Ebay, even though I don't own a Gamecube..  :-[

For simplicity, I like Mario Kart the racing game the best.

Written By: HunkyDory on 08/01/06 at 1:31 am

Well, you are developing a case of what we like to call videogamitis, it is very serious...12 people have died of it

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/01/06 at 2:34 am

Maybe cos SMB2 isn't a Mario game at all (you probably know this), but a rip off of the Japanese game 'Doki Doki Panic', hence seems totally unrelated to the Mario world. It isn't my favourite of the three, but it has it's own charm, even though it wasn't made as a Mario game. My favourite, of course, is SMB3, but my favourite Mario game of all time would be out of Mario World or Super Mario 64, which is a truly immortal game. SM Sunshine was okay, but not mind-blowing. The Party games, Smash brothers.etc didn't thrill me too much...the only non-platforming Mario franchise I was addicted to were the Super Mario Kart games...ah, those were a blast...

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/01/06 at 1:35 pm

You bought it!?

There IS something wrong with you... The second one was too druggy-ish, the third one... I love that one.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/01/06 at 4:20 pm

Blu-ray pwn3s HD-DVD is every way possible. It's just a bit more expensive. the rumours that the PS3 was behind schedule because of Blu-ray are being circulated by the evil empire of HD-DVD supporters. when in reality, Sony's main concern with their former release date of the PS3 was the cell CPU used - they weren't sure if they could get enough of them to supply the demand.

Fair enough :)  I also heard that the "Cell" needs something like 8 subchips on each main chip, but some of the 8 chips don't work right or aren't created right or something...

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/01/06 at 4:21 pm

dude, i saw this one coming for, like, forever.

... Whoa, are you serious? And you never warned me?! This could complicate things, JohnDenver.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/01/06 at 5:26 pm

you we're already too far gone. i planned to use you as a research specimen for my Masters Thesis, "A Ten-Week Study of a Videogameitis Victim".  ;D

...You're much more evil than I ever imagined, Denver.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/01/06 at 5:34 pm

You bought it!?

Well, good news! Jay let me borrow a Gamecube and some games. He said to bring it back on Friday, but we all know how horrible my memory is..!

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/01/06 at 6:08 pm

Well, good news! Jay let me borrow a Gamecube and some games. He said to bring it back on Friday, but we all know how horrible my memory is..!

... :(

Talk to you on Friday!

Check for new replies or respond here...