inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Me About Weather/Climate

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/03/06 at 9:59 am

Ask me anything about weather and climate, especially relating to Australia, S.W. Western Australia...

Subject: Re: Ask Me About Weather/Climate

Written By: Dave79 on 08/07/06 at 1:26 pm

Ha, well no one else has asked a question in this thread, I will do this now..

Tell me the mean temp in south western australia, in C or F it doesnt matter.

--
Dave.

Written By: Howard on 08/07/06 at 2:48 pm

Does the weather bother the Kangaroos?

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/09/06 at 1:15 am

Ha, well no one else has asked a question in this thread, I will do this now..

Tell me the mean temp in south western australia, in C or F it doesnt matter.

--
Dave.

Well, it varies from region to region (SW WA covers an area about the size of the UK) - and depends on the season, min/max. temp. Summer ranges from mild to hot, and is generally sunny - with only occaisional showers. Temps range from about 15 to 40+C in the region...in Perth, the mean min/max is 17.9 to 30.6. Winter is cool to mild, and the wettest time of year - values can drop below freezing, especially inland, although days are usually mild. It is rare for the mercury to stay below 10 degrees Celsius in any given 24 hour period. The median in Perth is from 9.0 to 18.4. Extreme values for Perth range from 0.0 on several occasions (I forget the exact dates), to 46.2oC on 12th Feb 1991.

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/09/06 at 1:16 am

Does the weather bother the Kangaroos?

Kangaroos are well adapted to their climate...although the Red Kangaroos can probably stand the heat better cos they're adapted to that environment. They are, however, most active at dawn and during dusk, when they are often seen foraging in open paddocks, grassland, clearing.etc, and near water holes. In some parts of SW WA, Kangaroos are almost as common as sheep.

Check for new replies or respond here...