inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask me about Disneyland (or anything related to Disney)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/17/06 at 3:44 pm

I love Disney and although I'm not a complete expert, I'd love to help you with any questions about what I may know...

So, please, don't hesitate :0)

Subject: Re: Ask me about Disneyland (or anything related to Disney)

Written By: Tia on 08/17/06 at 4:22 pm

what's this character's last name?

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=17073;type=avatar

careful! trick question.

i'm a big disney fan too. but i'm like the only person alive who prefers their live action stuff. "computer wore tennis shoes," "bedknobs and broomsticks," "tron," even "the black hole" -- it's the best!

what's the first disney movie you ever saw? what's your favorite?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/17/06 at 7:21 pm

what's this character's last name?

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=17073;type=avatar

careful! trick question.

i'm a big disney fan too. but i'm like the only person alive who prefers their live action stuff. "computer wore tennis shoes," "bedknobs and broomsticks," "tron," even "the black hole" -- it's the best!

what's the first disney movie you ever saw? what's your favorite?

I think you got me there, I can't remember!  :\'(  ;D

How about Tia Tia  ;D

I love a lot of live action Disney, especially the ones you mentioned and the stuff that Hayley Mills did, and also Mary Poppins - one of my all time favorite movies.

I think the very first movie I recall was when I was 4 years old watching TV and finishing up an episode of the Flintstones and after that ended, Dumbo aired on TV. Now I own Dumbo on DVD.

There are soooo many I like, but I think Mary Poppins ranks at the very top.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/17/06 at 7:36 pm

what's the first ride you want to go on once you enter the park?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/23/06 at 2:53 pm

what's the first ride you want to go on once you enter the park?

Space Mountain was high on my list as I hadn't been on that since 1989! But, I think we ended up with going on Thunder Mountain Railroad as the lines elsewhere were horrendous!  ;D

Written By: nally on 08/23/06 at 2:57 pm

Hey there! Have you been to the Disney's California Adventure theme park yet? (It's Disneyland's next door neighbor.)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/23/06 at 3:02 pm

Hey there! Have you been to the Disney's California Adventure theme park yet? (It's Disneyland's next door neighbor.)

Yes, I've been there twice (once in 2004 and 2006). Hey, guess what? I was in Northridge. We drove through that entire area. I must say it's a pretty nice area. Big mall (Westfield) and I remember seeing a really pretty park.

Written By: nally on 08/23/06 at 3:09 pm

Yes, I've been there twice (once in 2004 and 2006). Hey, guess what! I was in Northridge. We drove through that entire area. I must say it's a pretty nice area. Big mall (Westfield) and I remember seeing a really pretty park.

For the record, I've been to DCA once, and that was in June 2002. :)

Come back down to the So-Cal area again sometime! I guess I missed ya when you were down here earlier this year.

Also, the Westfield mall, I believe, is the Topanga Plaza mall in Canoga Park. (There's also one not too far away in Woodland Hills---the Promenade Mall.) I don't think the Northridge Fashion Center is owned by Westfield as of yet.

Maybe we could continue this discussion in my "Ask" thread.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/23/06 at 3:14 pm

Ah, you're back from vacation, hope it was swell :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/23/06 at 3:15 pm

For the record, I've been to DCA once, and that was in June 2002. :)

Come back down to the So-Cal area again sometime! I guess I missed ya when you were down here earlier this year.

Also, the Westfield mall, I believe, is the Topanga Plaza mall in Canoga Park. (There's also one not too far away in Woodland Hills---the Promenade Mall.) I don't think the Northridge Fashion Center is owned by Westfield as of yet.

Maybe we could continue this discussion in my "Ask" thread.

Oh, I was actually counting '06 as just this last time - not earlier this year (I'm sorry, I should have rephrased that)

Yeah, we went through the Topanga canyon area and went through that whole area.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/23/06 at 3:16 pm

Ah, you're back from vacation, hope it was swell :)

Why thank you :0) It was wonderful  :)

Written By: nally on 08/23/06 at 3:18 pm

Oh, I was actually counting '06 as just this last time - not earlier this year (I'm sorry, I should have rephrased that)

Yeah, we went through the Topanga canyon area and went through that whole area.

Now I'm confused. Did you or did you not go to DCA in '06 (this year)? If so, when (in '06) did you go?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/23/06 at 3:20 pm

Now I'm confused. Did you or did you not go to DCA in '06 (this year)? If so, when (in '06) did you go?

She just came back from there for vacation, like, an hour ago :D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/23/06 at 3:22 pm

Yes, that answers the question (I was counting 2006 from now, not any other time this year).

Written By: nally on 08/23/06 at 3:22 pm

Oh. I was unaware of that. Thankx for the info. O0

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/23/06 at 7:59 pm

Welcome back Kristen. I know you had a lot of fun at Disneyland. Thunnder Mountain railroad rocks! although a guy did get killed on it 2 years ago. Did you see the Fantasmic show, Haunted Mansion, and ride Indiana Jones,  Splash Mountain, Star Tours, Soaring Over California at the othe side.  And How was the new & improved Pirates Of The Caribbean??

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:06 pm

Are you Goofy?  ;D

Written By: nally on 08/24/06 at 3:29 pm

Welcome back Kristen. I know you had a lot of fun at Disneyland. Thunnder Mountain railroad rocks! although a guy did get killed on it 2 years ago. Did you see the Fantasmic show, Haunted Mansion, and ride Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, Star Tours, Soaring Over California at the other side.  And How was the new & improved Pirates Of The Caribbean??

I probably shouldn't be answering this...but I've seen the majority of those. Splash Mountain, however, I have NOT gone on in the entire 17 years it's been around. Mostly because that big drop scares me. On my Grad Nite in highschool eight years ago (which happened a month before we graduated), I told my friends that I didn't feel like going on it, and they understood, so while they went on it, I sat on a bench and waited.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/24/06 at 5:40 pm

Welcome back Kristen. I know you had a lot of fun at Disneyland. Thunnder Mountain railroad rocks! although a guy did get killed on it 2 years ago. Did you see the Fantasmic show, Haunted Mansion, and ride Indiana Jones,  Splash Mountain, Star Tours, Soaring Over California at the othe side.  And How was the new & improved Pirates Of The Caribbean??

I did get to go on Thunder Mountain railroad. We went to Disneyland 2 years ago, and it was shut down due to that guy dying on it. But, now that it's reopened - we went on it about 4 times - more than any other ride there. For some reason, the wait was not that long.

I saw Fantasmic (in full) the second to last night we were there. Saw two different versions of the fireworks shows (one by A Small World) and the 2nd near the castle. I went on the Haunted Mansion twice, Indiana once, Splash Mountain once, Star Tours we skipped (even though I love that one, as well), Soaring Over California we skipped as we'd been on it before. The Pirates of the Caribbean was very busy, but we managed to go on that twice. The animatronic of Johnny Depp looks very real. He shows up in there about 3 times.

Some other favorite areas for me are the Tiki Room, The Carnation Dance Hall area, The Winnie the Pooh shop (which has a TON of candy and cookies), Storybook Land which has bonsai trees surrounded by famous Disney movie scenes, and The Jungle Cruise always amuses me.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/24/06 at 5:52 pm

I probably shouldn't be answering this...but I've seen the majority of those. Splash Mountain, however, I have NOT gone on in the entire 17 years it's been around. Mostly because that big drop scares me. On my Grad Nite in highschool eight years ago (which happened a month before we graduated), I told my friends that I didn't feel like going on it, and they understood, so while they went on it, I sat on a bench and waited.

Splash Mountain is not too bad. That drop looks scary from the prospectors view, but actually being on the ride - it's not bad at all.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/24/06 at 7:05 pm

I did get to go on Thunder Mountain railroad. We went to Disneyland 2 years ago, and it was shut down due to that guy dying on it. But, now that it's reopened - we went on it about 4 times - more than any other ride there. For some reason, the wait was not that long.

I saw Fantasmic (in full) the second to last night we were there. Saw two different versions of the fireworks shows (one by A Small World) and the 2nd near the castle. I went on the Haunted Mansion twice, Indiana once, Splash Mountain once, Star Tours we skipped (even though I love that one, as well), Soaring Over California we skipped as we'd been on it before. The Pirates of the Caribbean was very busy, but we managed to go on that twice. The animatronic of Johnny Depp looks very real. He shows up in there about 3 times.

Some other favorite areas for me are the Tiki Room, The Carnation Dance Hall area, The Winnie the Pooh shop (which has a TON of candy and cookies), Storybook Land which has bonsai trees surrounded by famous Disney movie scenes, and The Jungle Cruise always amuses me.
That sounds excellent Kristen. You obviously had a great time and rode all the good ones that I like. I'm due for another trek down there. Did you ride the Matterhorn, Autopia, and its a Small World, they're all fun rides too, and even the train that goes around the park is pretty cool. It's a totally fun place and you know it well, so you can navigate thru the park easily and that saves time.

Written By: Howard on 08/25/06 at 2:03 pm

Any new rides they have over there?  ???

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/25/06 at 3:06 pm

Any new rides they have over there?  ???

Pirates of the Caribbean has been updated and so has Space Mountain. Disneyland (the main park) hasn't had a lot of new rides in recent years.

Written By: nally on 08/25/06 at 3:11 pm

Splash Mountain is not too bad. That drop looks scary from the prospectors view, but actually being on the ride - it's not bad at all.

Still, the thought of a near-vertical drop scares me....and falling down it at a fast rate.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/25/06 at 3:15 pm

Still, the thought of a near-vertical drop scares me....and falling down it at a fast rate.

I understand  ;)

The first time I went on it, I was 22 and I was a bit apprehensive - but then once the drop happened, I was like -
"Wow - that wasn't as bad as it looks!"

Written By: nally on 08/25/06 at 3:30 pm

I understand  ;)

The first time I went on it, I was 22 and I was a bit apprehensive - but then once the drop happened, I was like -
"Wow - that wasn't as bad as it looks!"

On a similar note (and I may sound like I'm going a wee bit off topic here)... I was always scared to go on roller coasters (especially the ones that go upside down)...until I went to Magic Mountain with my senior class in October 1997; I was 17 at the time. I hung out with some friends, and one of them convinced me that Colossus wouldn't be so bad. So I went on it with them...and the first drop was kinda scary at first, but I didn't worry about it; I thought it was kinda fun to go on it. If you've ever seen the TV show "Step By Step", you might notice in the opening credits that the big drop on Colossus is shown at the beginning. I thought about that while I was on the ride with my friends. Still, however, I didn't ride the looping coasters with them (such as Viper or Batman The Ride).

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/25/06 at 5:53 pm

On a similar note (and I may sound like I'm going a wee bit off topic here)... I was always scared to go on roller coasters (especially the ones that go upside down)...until I went to Magic Mountain with my senior class in October 1997; I was 17 at the time. I hung out with some friends, and one of them convinced me that Colossus wouldn't be so bad. So I went on it with them...and the first drop was kinda scary at first, but I didn't worry about it; I thought it was kinda fun to go on it. If you've ever seen the TV show "Step By Step", you might notice in the opening credits that the big drop on Colossus is shown at the beginning. I thought about that while I was on the ride with my friends. Still, however, I didn't ride the looping coasters with them (such as Viper or Batman The Ride).

Well, on a similiar note, I also went to Magic Mountain last Friday on our way down to Disneyland. It was my first time and we went on the Colossus and it was a lot of fun. I was actually reading about the "Step by Step" info today on Wikipedia. It's also the same park that hosted as "Walley World" in National Lampoon's Vacation in 1983.

I am a die hard roller coaster fan, so very few get to me anymore (since I was about 10, I've been on most upside down and  regular roller coasters at the theme parks I've been to).

Written By: Tia on 08/25/06 at 5:57 pm

by the way, it's typically tia and tony malone, although once tony gives their name as castaway. BUT... they're all fake names, because they don't know their real last name and eventually realize that they're from another planet where the custom of surnames isn't practiced. interesting, huh?

i never liked space mountain that much. i liked disneyworld when i went but mostly for their funky animatronic to the future stuff and the 3d virtual blickies at that movie studio theme park they've got there, name escapes me. for thrill rides you gotta stick to the regular theme parks! walt's not trying to scare you, he's trying to make you feel good.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/25/06 at 6:08 pm

That sounds excellent Kristen. You obviously had a great time and rode all the good ones that I like. I'm due for another trek down there. Did you ride the Matterhorn, Autopia, and its a Small World, they're all fun rides too, and even the train that goes around the park is pretty cool. It's a totally fun place and you know it well, so you can navigate thru the park easily and that saves time.

Hmmm, lemme think back on what I went on at Disneyland this year:

Disneyland Park:
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
"it's a small world..."
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Mad Teacups
Peter Pan's Flight
Storybook Land (2x)
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion (2x)
Thunder Railroad (4x)
Pirates of the Caribbean (2x)
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Winnie the Pooh Ride
Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin
Enchanted Tiki Room
Indiana Jones
Disneyland Railroad (we stopped at every station, I believe - go to see the Grand Canyon  ;) )
Mark Twain Steamboat Ride Around Tom Sawyer Island

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/ultraviolet521/IMG_1241.jpg

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/25/06 at 6:37 pm

by the way, it's typically tia and tony malone, although once tony gives their name as castaway. BUT... they're all fake names, because they don't know their real last name and eventually realize that they're from another planet where the custom of surnames isn't practiced. interesting, huh?

i never liked space mountain that much. i liked disneyworld when i went but mostly for their funky animatronic to the future stuff and the 3d virtual blickies at that movie studio theme park they've got there, name escapes me. for thrill rides you gotta stick to the regular theme parks! walt's not trying to scare you, he's trying to make you feel good.

Ohh, that is interesting stuff about Tia and Tony... I need to watch this movie again.. it's been too long  ;D

Oh, I love thrills and the making you feel good part - and when they're brought together - that's dreamy ;D
I don't mind the thrill theme parks, but Disneyland (to me) has it all.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/25/06 at 7:13 pm

Hmmm, lemme think back on what I went on at Disneyland this year:

Disneyland Park:
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
"it's a small world..."
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Mad Teacups
Peter Pan's Flight
Storybook Land (2x)
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion (2x)
Thunder Railroad (4x)
Pirates of the Caribbean (2x)
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Winnie the Pooh Ride
Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin
Enchanted Tiki Room
Indiana Jones
Disneyland Railroad (we stopped at every station, I believe - go to see the Grand Canyon  ;) )
Mark Twain Steamboat Ride Around Tom Sawyer Island

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/ultraviolet521/IMG_1241.jpg
thanks for the info Krissy, i like those little rides and you rode a bunch. did you go on the Alice In Wonderland ride inside the caterpillar cars? i love that. i am ready to go down there myself now after readung your post.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/25/06 at 7:47 pm

thanks for the info Krissy, i like those little rides and you rode a bunch. did you go on the Alice In Wonderland ride inside the caterpillar cars? i love that. i am ready to go down there myself now after readung your post.

I rode on Alice in Wonderland in 2004, but not this time - the lines were massive!! But, yes, I am already yearning to go back. Try to go before October 6th to enjoy the last of the 50th Anniversary decor  ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/25/06 at 7:48 pm

I rode on Alice in Wonderland in 2004, but not this time - the lines were massive!! But, yes, I am already yearning to go back. Try to go before October 6th to enjoy the last of the 50th Anniversary decor  ;)
did you find the Spaghetti Station?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/25/06 at 7:49 pm

Shoot, I don't remember seeing it. We ate at the Denny's across the street and we didn't go any further than that.

Written By: nally on 08/25/06 at 11:19 pm

Well, on a similiar note, I also went to Magic Mountain last Friday on our way down to Disneyland. It was my first time and we went on the Colossus and it was a lot of fun. I was actually reading about the "Step by Step" info today on Wikipedia. It's also the same park that hosted as "Walley World" in National Lampoon's Vacation in 1983.

I am a die hard roller coaster fan, so very few get to me anymore (since I was about 10, I've been on most upside down and regular roller coasters at the theme parks I've been to).

I ain't much of a coaster fan...mostly because thrill rides never really appealed to me. When I was little, I declared that I would never go on a roller coaster that went upside down because I hated the thought of potentially falling off. However, I took a physics class a year and a half ago and found out what makes roller coasters stay upside down. Still, I have no desire to go on them.

Written By: Tia on 08/25/06 at 11:22 pm

I ain't much of a coaster fan...mostly because thrill rides never really appealed to me. When I was little, I declared that I would never go on a roller coaster that went upside down because I hated the thought of potentially falling off. However, I took a physics class a year and a half ago and found out what makes roller coasters stay upside down. Still, I have no desire to go on them.
the anaconda hangs you upside down on corkscrews and you start to lose forward momentum and start to sag against the rollbar. it's FREAKY. i love it, but i can only ride it three times in one night.

Written By: Howard on 08/26/06 at 6:29 am

How was it like saying hello to the Disneyland characters?  ;D

Written By: nally on 08/26/06 at 4:08 pm

the anaconda hangs you upside down on corkscrews and you start to lose forward momentum and start to sag against the rollbar. it's FREAKY. i love it, but i can only ride it three times in one night.

Something like that, I can only ride zero times. :-X

Written By: Tia on 08/26/06 at 4:54 pm

Something like that, I can only ride zero times. :-X
my friends i went up with are krazy kamikazes so they would make fun of me when i begged off on getting on a coaster. peer pressure has quite an effect!

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/27/06 at 8:51 pm

Is the Ghost train at Disneyland really haunted?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/28/06 at 1:20 pm

Sometimes I have some anxiety towards them and do think that things could go wrong, but I guess if something does go wrong I guess it may be a better way of going than any other way. The only thing I dislike about coasters are the ones that are really jerky. They hurt my head and those I will more than likely stay away from, if I've been on them once before. If you've been to old fashioned boardwalks (like Santa Cruz or Santa Monica Pier) those don;t go upside down and they're pretty smooth and have great little dips and dives. It really is an exhilarating experience.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/28/06 at 1:21 pm

I never got the chance to say "hi" to any of them this time. They are really popular with the youngin's so I left it to them to greet the characters.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/28/06 at 1:21 pm

Is the Ghost train at Disneyland really haunted?

Do you mean the train that goes around the whole park? I am not sure of that, but it would be awesome if it was!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/28/06 at 1:34 pm

I believe due to copyright reasons the characters do not speak.

Written By: Howard on 08/28/06 at 2:41 pm

I think they're not supposed to speak or they'll get in trouble,I believe. ???

Written By: Howard on 08/28/06 at 2:42 pm

How would Walt Disney see Disneyland today(2006) if to say he was alive?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/28/06 at 4:25 pm

Yes, they're unusually silent.

Written By: Howard on 08/28/06 at 4:26 pm

Yes, they're unusually silent.

That I know

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/28/06 at 4:26 pm

How would Walt Disney see Disneyland today(2006) if to say he was alive?

I think there would be portions he'd like to improve, such as some of the qaulity of the newer Disney tunes which are very un-Disney-like. He may find that Disney turned into too much of a Big Business company to fully achieve his dream of not being coaxed into believing something that's unattainable.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/28/06 at 4:27 pm

That I know

They must want to scream at times, especially around rowdy/bratty kids.

Written By: Howard on 08/28/06 at 4:27 pm

I think there would be portions he'd like to improve, such as some of the qaulity of the newer Disney tunes which are very un-Disney-like. He may find that Disney turned into too much of a Big Business company to fully achieve his dream of not being coaxed into believing something that's unattainable.

How old would he be today?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/28/06 at 4:30 pm

How old would he be today?

I believe he'd be 105 years old in 2006. I think he was born in 1901.

Written By: nally on 08/28/06 at 4:35 pm

I believe he'd be 105 years old in 2006. I think he was born in 1901.

Yes he was. December 5th, to be more specific. :)

So if we were still alive, he'd currently be 104... but in December he would be 105.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/28/06 at 4:38 pm

So if we were still alive, he'd currently be 104... but in December he would be 105.

Yep, that is exacto.  ;)

Written By: nally on 08/28/06 at 4:48 pm

Sometimes I have some anxiety towards them and do think that things could go wrong, but I guess if something does go wrong I guess it may be a better way of going than any other way. The only thing I dislike about coasters are the ones that are really jerky. They hurt my head and those I will more than likely stay away from, if I've been on them once before. If you've been to old fashioned boardwalks (like Santa Cruz or Santa Monica Pier) those don;t go upside down and they're pretty smooth and have great little dips and dives. It really is an exhilarating experience.

I've been to both localities...Santa Cruz on August 15, 1991 (during a vacation) and Santa Monica Pier on October 2, 1997 (it was a day off for me). {For the record, both those dates were Thursdays.} However, I didn't go on any attractions either time; didn't feel like it. All we did was walk around to get some exercise and to see what was out there. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/29/06 at 6:35 am

I bet at 105,He would've loved to see his own creation but at that age he'd be too frail to even acknowledge it.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/29/06 at 2:11 pm

I've been to both localities...Santa Cruz on August 15, 1991 (during a vacation) and Santa Monica Pier on October 2, 1997 (it was a day off for me). {For the record, both those dates were Thursdays.} However, I didn't go on any attractions either time; didn't feel like it. All we did was walk around to get some exercise and to see what was out there. :)

I went to Santa Cruz for the first time in August of 1992 with my best friend's family. I think they still have this offer on Pepsi cans, but if you stay until 4pm on the beach - you can use your Pepsi can with the Beach Boardwalk offer to ride all rides for free after 4pm. So, we did that. We made sand castles and ran around the ocean and sun bathed and then once 4pm hit, we went on the coasters and the ghost ride and a few others. I went again in July of 1998 with my best friend again for a singing competition. Unfortunately, she and I couldn't make it to the boardwalk, but we did drive around the beach area. The next time I went was in April of 2004 with my boyfriend and we rode on the coasters and rides again. The last time was in December of 2004. Good times.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/06 at 2:12 pm

What is the Zip Code for Disneyland?

Written By: nally on 08/29/06 at 2:14 pm

It's in Anaheim, California...so it's probably gonna start with 92xxx.

I think it's 92802.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/29/06 at 2:14 pm

I know the population says 500,000,000 at the main gate where the train station is, but the zip code (if you're counting Anaheim) is probably in the 90000 range, as mine up here in Northern California is 94521 (for Concord, CA)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/06 at 2:15 pm

I think it's 92802.
Thanks and viewing on Google Earth right now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/06 at 2:18 pm

I think it's 92802.
It looks a lot smaller than Disney World, when did the two first open?

Written By: nally on 08/29/06 at 2:22 pm

I know the population says 500,000,000 at the main gate where the train station is, but the zip code (if you're counting Anaheim) is probably in the 90000 range, as mine up here in Northern California is 94521 (for Concord, CA)

Yep... most of the zipcodes for Orange County are in the upper 92000 range. Around Los Angeles it's 90000+.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/29/06 at 2:23 pm

Yep... most of the zipcodes for Orange County are in the upper 92000 range. Around Los Angeles it's 90000+.

Yes, that sounds about right because of the famous Beverly Hills 90210  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/06 at 2:24 pm

By the way, I think it is in Orange County the author Dean Koontz is based.

Written By: nally on 08/30/06 at 2:38 pm

I think my family and I may have eaten there when I was a little kid in the 80's. I have a vague recollection of that.

Written By: Howard on 08/30/06 at 3:58 pm

How do you like Disneyland so far?

Written By: woops on 09/07/06 at 10:50 pm

What do you think of the Walt Disney Treasures DVDs and do you have any favorites?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/07/06 at 11:04 pm

I think my family and I may have eaten there when I was a little kid in the 80's. I have a vague recollection of that.
It's at the Best Western Carriage Inn with a big stagecoach out front and a old west gun museum inside the restaurant. The spaghetti is good.

Written By: Mushroom on 09/08/06 at 2:59 pm

Actually, it has nothing to do with copyright.  It is simply that the characters in a costume head do not talk.

If you run into any of the "Princess" characters (Jasmine, Snow White, Belle, etc), they do talk.  But they are also the only ones that do not wear costume heads.

Written By: Howard on 09/08/06 at 3:06 pm

How's the weather been so far?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/08/06 at 3:19 pm

How's the weather been so far?

At Disneyland? I'm not there now, so I am not sure. It's probably humid and chilly, or wait it's 1:19pm so things may have cleared up a bit now.

Written By: Howard on 09/08/06 at 3:20 pm

At Disneyland? I'm not there now, so I am not sure. It's probably humid and chilly, or wait it's 1:19pm so things may have cleared up a bit now.

humid and chilly? That doesn't make any sense.  ???

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/08/06 at 3:30 pm

humid and chilly? That doesn't make any sense.  ???

It's humid over there and foggy/overcast (in the mornings), so it causes a mixture of humid weather with a chill. That's sort of what San Francisco is like.

Written By: Howard on 09/08/06 at 4:46 pm

It's humid over there and foggy/overcast (in the mornings), so it causes a mixture of humid weather with a chill. That's sort of what San Francisco is like.

Like a combination of both

Written By: nally on 09/08/06 at 5:49 pm

It's at the Best Western Carriage Inn with a big stagecoach out front and a old west gun museum inside the restaurant. The spaghetti is good.

I know where it is; it's just been so long since my family and I ate there.

Written By: nally on 09/08/06 at 5:51 pm

Actually, it has nothing to do with copyright.  It is simply that the characters in a costume head do not talk.

If you run into any of the "Princess" characters (Jasmine, Snow White, Belle, etc), they do talk.  But they are also the only ones that do not wear costume heads.

That makes sense... if a costume involves a special head (like Mickey Mouse), there's no way the person inside it can talk; you couldn't hear the person if s/he spoke.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/08/06 at 6:43 pm

Like a combination of both

Yeah, like combination skin, oily and dry  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...