inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Me Anything About the Roads of North Carolina

Written By: Roadgeek on 08/17/06 at 8:21 pm

If you have any questions about the roads of North Carolina, ask me and I'd be happy to answer them. :)

Subject: Re: Ask Me Anything About the Roads of North Carolina

Written By: DJ Midas on 08/23/06 at 12:10 pm

Why did they name the new loop they're building around Raleigh I-540?  Interstate loops around cities are supposed to start with an even number; Interstate spurs into the city are supposed to start with odd numbers.

Written By: CeeKay on 08/23/06 at 12:39 pm

Actually, I've heard there are some beautiful roads through North Carolina and I've considered taking a trip to drive them.  What's the best route? 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/23/06 at 12:42 pm

I drove through I-40, which crosses part of the Appalachians close to Asheville.  Asheville is really nice, great place to camp and ski and do outdoorsy stuff and the people are nice too.  I would recommend that :)

Written By: Roadgeek on 08/23/06 at 1:09 pm

Actually, I've heard there are some beautiful roads through North Carolina and I've considered taking a trip to drive them.  What's the best route? 

Well, I suggest the Blue Ridge Parkway, US-70 through the Mountains, and NC-12 through the Outer Banks. I've never been on NC-12 before, but I've seen pictures.

Written By: Roadgeek on 08/23/06 at 1:09 pm

Why did they name the new loop they're building around Raleigh I-540?  Interstate loops around cities are supposed to start with an even number; Interstate spurs into the city are supposed to start with odd numbers.

That's one of those big mysteries of roads.

Written By: KKay on 08/23/06 at 1:12 pm

are they paved?

:)

Written By: Tia on 08/23/06 at 1:18 pm

witch mountain is in north carolina.

is the blue ridge parkway the best road to see the blue ridge mountains, or are there cooler less-well-known roads?

Written By: Roadgeek on 08/23/06 at 1:24 pm

witch mountain is in north carolina.

is the blue ridge parkway the best road to see the blue ridge mountains, or are there cooler less-well-known roads?

The Blue Ridge Parkway would probably be the best, but there are probably better unknown roads.

Written By: DJ Midas on 08/23/06 at 1:42 pm

That's one of those big mysteries of roads.

Ah, you mean you don't know.  :D

Written By: CeeKay on 08/25/06 at 8:09 am

I drove through I-40, which crosses part of the Appalachians close to Asheville.  Asheville is really nice, great place to camp and ski and do outdoorsy stuff and the people are nice too.  I would recommend that :)

I used to work with a guy who grew up in Asheville.  He said it was a great place to live.  Thanks, everyone, for your recommendations.  A road trip through North Carolina is on my list!  I better check the Roadside Attractions site to see what oddities await in that area!

Written By: KKay on 08/25/06 at 8:13 am

^ohh asheville. I have been there and someone told me they had great skiiing.

anyhow, i have seen almost all of NC and it's great.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/25/06 at 8:00 pm

I was on the NC-12 in the Outer Banks in 2003. Nice bridges over there.

Written By: Midas on 09/16/08 at 11:02 am

What's up with the Interstate 73/74 up through Asheboro?  Have you ever ridden/driven onnit?

Check for new replies or respond here...