inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Inquire about the greatest band ever - Megadeth.

Written By: La Roche on 12/28/06 at 10:49 pm

You know they're the best!

Find out why!

Subject: Re: Inquire about the greatest band ever - Megadeth.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/28/06 at 10:51 pm

What's your favorite Megadeth song?

Written By: La Roche on 12/28/06 at 10:54 pm

What's your favorite Megadeth song?

Oh great Al, ask me like.. the hardest question.

Possibly Trust, maybe.. Victory.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/28/06 at 10:55 pm

Oh great Al, ask me like.. the hardest question.

Possibly Trust, maybe.. Victory.
Right now I really like Train Of Consequences.

Written By: La Roche on 12/28/06 at 10:59 pm

Right now I really like Train Of Consequences.

Great song, great album! Victory is one of the last songs on Youthanasia.

Written By: Red Ant on 12/29/06 at 12:15 am

A one of the incredibly few Megadeth fans here, I'll just leave a brief reason why I like them so much, and why they are not the best!

First of all, Rust in Peace, Countdown to Extinction and Cryptic Writings are all on my "A-list" CDs, which means I play them fairly regularly, and usually from start to finish. Too many great songs to list them all, but I have to say that Sweating Bullets, Use The Man, Trust, and Foreclosure of A Dream are probably my favorites.

I also love "Angry Again", which I have on the Last Action Hero soundtrack (great music, so-so movie).

I could never get into "The System Has Failed" CD though, as well as a lot of their other stuff.

They are probably in my top 10 fave bands ever, but Alice in Chains and Faith No More, while having considerably shorter lifespans than Megadeth, move me a lot more.

BTW, I'd rank Megadeth over Metallica; Megadeth has been hit or miss IMO, but when they hit they are on the money. Metallica hasn't made a decent album in 15 years; "St. Anger", and the bonus DVD, were long ago relegated to drink-coaster status.

Written By: Howard on 12/29/06 at 6:11 am

Have you been to their concerts?

Written By: La Roche on 12/29/06 at 10:16 am

Have you been to their concerts?

Yes Howard. I'm trying to think exactly how many times I've seen Megadeth.

I saw them in 1999 in Rock City which is in Nottingham; England.
In 2000 at the World Amphitheatre in Chicago Illinois
Like.. 3 days later in St. Louis at Riverport.
I saw them in Milton Keynes in 2001.
I saw em up at the Tweeter Center in Illinois in 2005 (does that place exist anymore, anyone?)
Errr, I think I've seen em a couple other times as well.

Written By: La Roche on 12/29/06 at 10:21 am

A one of the incredibly few Megadeth fans here, I'll just leave a brief reason why I like them so much, and why they are not the best!

First of all, Rust in Peace, Countdown to Extinction and Cryptic Writings are all on my "A-list" CDs, which means I play them fairly regularly, and usually from start to finish. Too many great songs to list them all, but I have to say that Sweating Bullets, Use The Man, Trust, and Foreclosure of A Dream are probably my favorites.

I also love "Angry Again", which I have on the Last Action Hero soundtrack (great music, so-so movie).

I could never get into "The System Has Failed" CD though, as well as a lot of their other stuff.

They are probably in my top 10 fave bands ever, but Alice in Chains and Faith No More, while having considerably shorter lifespans than Megadeth, move me a lot more.

BTW, I'd rank Megadeth over Metallica; Megadeth has been hit or miss IMO, but when they hit they are on the money. Metallica hasn't made a decent album in 15 years; "St. Anger", and the bonus DVD, were long ago relegated to drink-coaster status.

The Last Action Hero soundtrack was kickass, the movie was just... so bad to be funny. Cult viewing if such a thing can exist for a big budget movie.

I loved The World Needs A Hero and The System Has Failed, I guess because they're very thrashy compared to the couple of albums that came before.
Risk was Megadeth's Re-Load.. but here's the thing, even Risk although high on the suck-factor chart did have a couple of gems. Breadline and Crush Em could go on any other Megadeth album and be acceptable.

I'd rank Megadeth over Metallica for one simple reason, apart from the Risk incident Dave's always gone out to play great music. Over the past few years Metallica have gone out to sell records. I love Metallica, love listening to them, have paid stupid amounts of money for near stage tickets to see them, but since the Black Album (which I don't like to criticise because it really is a good album - not thrash, but good) they're released 3 full albums (Not including Garage Inc -which ruled and S&M - which was pretty sweet) and on those three albums I'd say there is one album worth of Metallica worthy material.

Written By: Apricot on 12/29/06 at 6:10 pm

Are they anything like Iron Maiden?

And if not...

What would you recommend to get into this band?

Written By: La Roche on 12/29/06 at 6:12 pm

Are they anything like Iron Maiden?

And if not...

What would you recommend to get into this band?

Yeah.. see.. you made the mistake of going from pussy ass sh.it music to death metal. You missed the middle.

Buy Youthanasia, it's the most user-friendly Megadeth. No, they're not really like Maiden.

Written By: Red Ant on 12/29/06 at 9:22 pm

I like Metallica's Black Album as well (and everything before that, especially KIll 'Em All and MoP). S&M is pretty good; I don't have Garage, Inc.

As for their other three albums making one worthy Metallica CD, I don't think it's even that good. There's only 5 songs I like from Load and Re-Load, and "The Unnamed Feeling" is the only good track from St. Anger.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/29/06 at 9:23 pm

Why do Megadeth suck so much?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/29/06 at 9:24 pm

Rut, roh.  :o :o :o

Written By: La Roche on 12/29/06 at 9:33 pm

Why does everything you love, like, admire, worship and own SUCK! MAJORLY! Like a $5 whore in a singapore bar, wishing she could get to America by stowing away in a G.I's bag?

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/29/06 at 9:35 pm

Why does everything you love, like, admire, worship and own SUCK! MAJORLY! Like a $5 whore in a singapore bar, wishing she could get to America by stowing away in a G.I's bag?

Why do your comebacks suck more than my original insult?

Written By: La Roche on 12/29/06 at 9:37 pm

I like Metallica's Black Album as well (and everything before that, especially KIll 'Em All and MoP). S&M is pretty good; I don't have Garage, Inc.

As for their other three albums making one worthy Metallica CD, I don't think it's even that good. There's only 5 songs I like from Load and Re-Load, and "The Unnamed Feeling" is the only good track from St. Anger.

I'd say if you took the last 3 you could do this.

A 12 track album.

1 - King Nothing
2 - Hero of the Day
3 - Mama Said
4 - Fuel
5 - The Unforgiven II
6 - Carpe Diem Baby
7 - Prince Charming
8 - Low Mans Lyric
9 - Dirty Window
10 - The Unnamed Feeling
11 - St. Anger
12 - I Dissapear (technically just a single, but let's throw it on, 'cus it's cool.)

Why do you have no friends?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/29/06 at 10:26 pm

There's no way the comeback sucked more.  The insult was just dumb.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/29/06 at 10:28 pm

There's no way the comeback sucked more.  The insult was just dumb.

:P Just because the insult was dumb doesn't mean the comeback was any less dumb.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/29/06 at 10:29 pm

Why do you have no friends?

They're jealous of my comebacks. D=

Written By: Apricot on 12/29/06 at 10:48 pm

Yeah.. see.. you made the mistake of going from pussy ass sh.it music to death metal. You missed the middle.

I tested the middle, it let me down.

Buy Youthanasia, it's the most user-friendly Megadeth. No, they're not really like Maiden.

Good.. I recently made the mistake of listening to Iron Maiden. Usually, musicians just bore me.. Maiden actually genuinely pissed me off.

I'll download a wee bit of Megadeth to begin.. if it proves worth buying, I will.

Also, on a question pertaining to purchasing metal, how would I go about purchasing a Cannibal Corpse album? It's not going to be the easiest sell at FYE.

Written By: La Roche on 12/30/06 at 12:23 am

I tested the middle, it let me down.

Good.. I recently made the mistake of listening to Iron Maiden. Usually, musicians just bore me.. Maiden actually genuinely pissed me off.

I'll download a wee bit of Megadeth to begin.. if it proves worth buying, I will.

Also, on a question pertaining to purchasing metal, how would I go about purchasing a Cannibal Corpse album? It's not going to be the easiest sell at FYE.

What the hell is FYE?

Just.. go in.. and like.. exchange cash for product.

If you ever bad mouth Maiden I'll hurt you bad boy.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/30/06 at 12:26 am

What the hell is FYE?

Music store.  You buy music there.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/30/06 at 12:51 am

Usually in the mall. Very minimal selection.

Written By: La Roche on 12/30/06 at 12:54 am

Oh right, I used to go to Virgin or Best Buy if I was going to a big store. Or.. just a regular record store.

Written By: whistledog on 12/30/06 at 1:29 am

Symphony of Destruction was their only US hit.  They had 7 hits in the UK.  Why is it they had more single success in the UK?

Written By: La Roche on 12/30/06 at 1:32 am

Symphony of Destruction was their only US hit.  They had 7 hits in the UK.  Why is it they had more single success in the UK?

Probably because metal is first and foremost a British export.

They had quite a lot of success in Canada did they not? I believe Youthanasia was one of the fastest selling Cd's in Canadian history.

Written By: whistledog on 12/30/06 at 2:09 am

They had quite a lot of success in Canada did they not? I believe Youthanasia was one of the fastest selling Cd's in Canadian history.

On the singles chart, they only just had "Symphony of Destruction". 
Youthanasia was a fast seller.  It debuted in the Canadian Album chart at #11 and for a metal band, that's somewhat of a record setting achievement

Written By: La Roche on 12/30/06 at 2:20 am

On the singles chart, they only just had "Symphony of Destruction". 
Youthanasia was a fast seller.  It debuted in the Canadian Album chart at #11 and for a metal band, that's somewhat of a record setting achievement

One of the fastest to go Gold or something I think.

Written By: Howard on 12/30/06 at 5:45 am

Were they the one who sang "Le Tout Le Monde"? ???

Written By: La Roche on 12/30/06 at 8:00 am

Were they the one who sang "Le Tout Le Monde"? ???

'A tout le monde' - yes.

Written By: Howard on 12/31/06 at 7:45 am

'A tout le monde' - yes.

My Mother cried when she heard that song cause it made her remind herself about her son and my brother who passed away 11 1/2 years ago. :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...