inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask whistledog

Written By: whistledog on 05/09/07 at 1:34 am

I can't remember doing thuis, so it's high time one should appear
Please ask me anything ...

Subject: Re: Ask whistledog

Written By: Red Ant on 05/09/07 at 1:51 am

Well, lemme be first, for a change, heh heh.

Do you Photoshop all your avatars, or are you lucky enough to find them on-line?

Written By: whistledog on 05/09/07 at 3:30 am

Well, lemme be first, for a change, heh heh.

Do you Photoshop all your avatars, or are you lucky enough to find them on-line?

I make them from scratch using just the basics ... Windows Paintbrush, free downloadable fonts that match the product logo I choose to parody, and for the animated ones, basic shareware gif animators that I just keep re-downloading once the trial runs out lol.  Alot of people are surprised to find I don't use photoshop.  When it comes to Windows Paintbrush, I am quite the wizard ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/09/07 at 6:17 am

Do you work for a living? ???

Written By: whistledog on 05/09/07 at 6:49 am

Do you work for a living? ???

Yessir.  I do office work.  Temp jobs for the time being until I can get something permanent

Written By: Howard on 05/09/07 at 7:01 am

Yessir.  I do office work.  Temp jobs for the time being until I can get something permanent

What are your plans for full time?

Written By: whistledog on 05/09/07 at 7:12 am

What are your plans for full time?

More office work.  My dream job is sitting on my ass in an office doing paperwork ;D

Written By: karen on 05/09/07 at 7:19 am

More office work.  My dream job is sitting on my ass in an office doing paperwork ;D

I have some here you could do!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/09/07 at 8:06 am

hahaha...like the movie, "Office Space"...that was hilarious!!

Ok..lemme think of a question for ya.....

How tall are you?

Written By: spaceace on 05/09/07 at 8:23 am

Are you one of those mythological "Weird Canadians" we Americans hear so much about??

Written By: Howard on 05/09/07 at 6:38 pm

Wouldn't you want to push carts like me for Pathmark? ;D

Written By: woops on 05/09/07 at 11:28 pm

How did you come up with your screen name?

Written By: Howard on 05/10/07 at 6:29 am

Do you whistle? ;D

Written By: whistledog on 05/10/07 at 6:37 am

hahaha...like the movie, "Office Space"...that was hilarious!!

Ok..lemme think of a question for ya.....

How tall are you?

lol
I would be about 5'9", but the last time I was measured was 'bout 2 years ago

Are you one of those mythological "Weird Canadians" we Americans hear so much about??

lol no.  Actually, the last time I was in the US, several people told me that I couldn't be Canadian because I don't have an accent lol

Wouldn't you want to push carts like me for Pathmark? ;D

That's actually not all that bad of a job.  It's a form of exercise, so in a way, you're getting paid to work-out ;D

How did you come up with your screen name?

a whistledog is a hotdog available at all Canadian locations of A&W Restaurants.  I was eating one, the day I was trying to think of a good screen name to use lol

Do you whistle? ;D

I do.  I can whistle quite good

Written By: Howard on 05/10/07 at 7:24 pm

Why were you named "whistledog"? ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/10/07 at 7:48 pm

he explains that in the above post, Howard. :)

Written By: whistledog on 05/20/07 at 10:59 pm

What Erin said ;D

Written By: Dave79 on 05/22/07 at 7:50 am

Uh do you have a dog? I mean surely??

--
Dave.

Written By: whistledog on 05/22/07 at 11:01 am

Uh do you have a dog? I mean surely??

--
Dave.

I do not have a dog no

Written By: Howard on 05/22/07 at 4:01 pm

Do you keep up to date with wrestling?

Written By: whistledog on 05/23/07 at 1:11 pm

Do you keep up to date with wrestling?

I haven't watched wrestling since the mid 90s.  In those days, wrestling was all about man vs man in the ring.  Now, wrestling is all about 6 men vs 4 men backstage with chairs, pipes, and trash cans.  That's not wrestling, that's Mortal Kombat lol

Written By: Howard on 05/23/07 at 6:37 pm

I haven't watched wrestling since the mid 90s.  In those days, wrestling was all about man vs man in the ring.  Now, wrestling is all about 6 men vs 4 men backstage with chairs, pipes, and trash cans.  That's not wrestling, that's Mortal Kombat lol

Do You get The Madison Square Garden Network where you live? ???

Written By: whistledog on 05/25/07 at 1:14 pm

Do You get The Madison Square Garden Network where you live? ???

nope.  I didn't know there was a network like that

Written By: Howard on 05/25/07 at 10:07 pm

nope.  I didn't know there was a network like that

yes there is.If you have Direct TV that is.

Written By: saver on 05/30/07 at 3:48 pm

How can I find the name of an actor in a tv commercial...unless you're a tv/film buff you may not know the one I am thinking of....unless they are just a new actor oin the scene..

The commercial is for MOBILE 5 where you enter your 5 favorite people to call..the commercial shows a guy waiting for his date and her father is reminding him how his number is next to his (like he better not try anything funny with her)...The guy looks like a movie actor but can't place him...maybe a little like Matthew Labyorteaux from Little House on the Prairie?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/01/07 at 6:53 pm

Do you have a favorite vacation spot?  What do you do to relax?

Written By: whistledog on 06/01/07 at 7:31 pm

How can I find the name of an actor in a tv commercial...unless you're a tv/film buff you may not know the one I am thinking of....unless they are just a new actor oin the scene..

The commercial is for MOBILE 5 where you enter your 5 favorite people to call..the commercial shows a guy waiting for his date and her father is reminding him how his number is next to his (like he better not try anything funny with her)...The guy looks like a movie actor but can't place him...maybe a little like Matthew Labyorteaux from Little House on the Prairie?

I have seen that commercial, and I recognize the guy from small roles in movies, but I don't know his name :-\\

Do you have a favorite vacation spot?  What do you do to relax?

I've never really been on vacation.  I usually only travel within a 70km radius to visit my relatives or to do some shopping in nearby cities

To relax, I usually compute, or mostly I watch TV.  I got a whole library of classic TV on DVD box sets (I bought too many too fast; gotta love those sales) that I am slowly watching :)

Written By: LittleMissUsername on 06/01/07 at 9:43 pm

Who's this?

Written By: whistledog on 06/02/07 at 4:09 am

Who's this?

lol a very young Melanie Blatt

Written By: Howard on 06/02/07 at 6:24 am

Who's this?

Wow,She looks so young. :o

Written By: whistledog on 06/02/07 at 8:42 am

Wow,She looks so young. :o

She is very young in that photo.  She's 32 now

Written By: Howard on 06/02/07 at 6:44 pm

She is very young in that photo.  She's 32 now

How old was she in that photo? ???

Written By: whistledog on 06/02/07 at 9:30 pm

How old was she in that photo? ???

It's hard to tell.  Probably taken sometime in grade school I would guess

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/02/07 at 10:41 pm

I make them from scratch using just the basics ... Windows Paintbrush, free downloadable fonts that match the product logo I choose to parody, and for the animated ones, basic shareware gif animators that I just keep re-downloading once the trial runs out lol.  Alot of people are surprised to find I don't use photoshop.  When it comes to Windows Paintbrush, I am quite the wizard ;D

You use 'Paintbrush!????
http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/mcenroe_4.jpg

You CANNOT be Serious! >:( ;) :D ;D

But Seriously ... (good name for a book?) ...

I thought Paintbrush was in Windows 3.1, and I think it's just called Paint in XP (which is on my system). I've recently started to play with it, but find it very awkward to do things with. Not easy to draw with (say a moustache) using the mouse and the pencil. Then I tried placing a gif into my avatar and uploading it (here), but it didn't work. In any case, it was  a crude effort. Any chance of say posting a  'step by step' tutorial for those of us who'd aspire to be a maestro like you? Perhaps a scrap book of your proudest achievements, and how you did it?

P.S. Would getting a more advanced graphics software package make the task easier for a novice like me , particularly drawing with a mouse? (GL  a novice? Well, I am a GREEN  lantern ... ;) :D )

P.P.S.  Then I tried placing a gif into my avatar and uploading it (here), but it didn't work. . Strange, it certainly didn't work at the time ... a very long delay it seems to be recognised and then displayed by the system (including several logins/logouts). As you know, I can't direcly affect yellow, so I 'will-powered' an electric fan into existence, some green paint too, and blew it over the face. That's better. As for this yellow face next to this line ... help! ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/03/07 at 6:24 am

Does Melanie Blatt have CDs in the US? ???

Written By: whistledog on 06/03/07 at 6:18 pm

You use 'Paintbrush!????
http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/mcenroe_4.jpg

You CANNOT be Serious! >:( ;) :D ;D

But Seriously ... (good name for a book?) ...

I thought Paintbrush was in Windows 3.1, and I think it's just called Paint in XP (which is on my system). I've recently started to play with it, but find it very awkward to do things with. Not easy to draw with (say a moustache) using the mouse and the pencil. Then I tried placing a gif into my avatar and uploading it (here), but it didn't work. In any case, it was  a crude effort. Any chance of say posting a  'step by step' tutorial for those of us who'd aspire to be a maestro like you? Perhaps a scrap book of your proudest achievements, and how you did it?

P.S. Would getting a more advanced graphics software package make the task easier for a novice like me , particularly drawing with a mouse? (GL  a novice? Well, I am a GREEN  lantern ... ;) :D )

P.P.S.   . Strange, it certainly didn't work at the time ... a very long delay it seems to be recognised and then displayed by the system (including several logins/logouts). As you know, I can't direcly affect yellow, so I 'will-powered' an electric fan into existence, some green paint too, and blew it over the face. That's better. As for this yellow face next to this line ... help! ;D

It all depends on what kind of image you are looking to do.  The only graphics I ever make, is either turning Howard into a celebrity, or editing my screen name into an already famous logo. 

For the logos, what I do is when I find one I like, I find a font that is similar to the font used in the logo.  I save the logo and open it with Paint, then I delete the wording, and add in my own using the similar font.  The animated ones can get a little trickier ...

For instance, the avatar I use now comes from the American game show Family Feud.  What I did was I took print screen shots from the old Sega Genesis video game of it.  Then using a Family Feud font, which I found on some font website, I deleted the Family Feud word, and re-typed in my name.  For each additional frame where the logo starts to spin, I re-sized the font horizontally, so it would look like it was actually spinning in synch with the oval.

Here's some examples of one I've done in the past.  Since you can't do 360 rotations in Paint, for these three I used Microsoft Word also for the 'Word Art' feature ...

The Home Depot
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/TheWhistleDog-1.jpg

Dominos Pizza
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/DominosPizza.jpg

American game show 'Family Feud'.  Larger sized version of the smaller avatar sized one you see on the left
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/FamilyFeud-Animated-1.gif

American game show 'Wheel of Fortune'.  Explaining how I made the colours move in a circle would take hours.  Making it actually took hours LOL
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/WheelofFortune-Animated-1.gif

Written By: whistledog on 06/03/07 at 6:19 pm

Does Melanie Blatt have CDs in the US? ???

As a member of All Saints ... yes
As a solo artist ... no

Written By: Howard on 06/03/07 at 6:37 pm

As a member of All Saints ... yes
As a solo artist ... no

What's her Number 1 song?  ???

Written By: whistledog on 06/03/07 at 9:20 pm

What's her Number 1 song?  ???

With All Saints, it was 'Never Ever' in both the UK and the US
For Canada, her biggest so far is 'I Know Where It's At'

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/03/07 at 11:56 pm

author=whistledog link=topic=26633.msg1309694#msg1309694 date=1180912718]
It all depends on what kind of image you are looking to do.  The only graphics I ever make, is either turning Howard into a celebrity, or editing my screen name into an already famous logo. 

For the logos, what I do is when I find one I like, I find a font that is similar to the font used in the logo.  I save the logo and open it with Paint, then I delete the wording, and add in my own using the similar font.  The animated ones can get a little trickier ...

For instance, the avatar I use now comes from the American game show Family Feud.  What I did was I took print screen shots from the old Sega Genesis video game of it.  Then using a Family Feud font, which I found on some font website, I deleted the Family Feud word, and re-typed in my name.  For each additional frame where the logo starts to spin, I re-sized the font horizontally, so it would look like it was actually spinning in synch with the oval.

Here's some examples of one I've done in the past.  Since you can't do 360 rotations in Paint, for these three I used Microsoft Word also for the 'Word Art' feature ...

"I see" ..."Well, sort of ... think it's all a bit too convoluted for my 'brain cell'  at this stage ... :-[ :-[

Sort of get the idea / big pic, but the final details of the execution .. Well, maybe I've just got to play with 'paint' a bit more. At this stage, I don't even know how you get the words typed in neatly. I used the mouse and 'pencil' before to draw some words, but it looked awful.

I'd like to also be able to place the pictures I post here across one line, insteading of them  only appearing vertically down the page. Do you know if that is possible?

One final q' (for now) ... I had the idea for a quick gag the other day, and wanted to be able to arrange a bunch of smileys to spell out HELLO  across  (not down) the page. Is that possible? I suspect the 'O' would be particularly difficult though (alignment).

Cheers for the assist.

:)

(/edit: cringe-worthy .. but true material removed by me. Too much info).

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/07 at 1:00 am

"I see" ..."Well, sort of ... think it's all a bit too convoluted for my 'brain cell'  at this stage ... :-
I'd like to also be able to place the pictures I post here across one line, insteading of them  only appearing vertically down the page. Do you know if that is possible?

It is possible.  Just place the image tags one after the other (with or without a space).  Depending on the width of the image, adding text above or below the image requires putting lots of spaces between the words

http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_9529.png http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_9529.png http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_9529.png http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_9529.png http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_9529.png http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_9529.png

One final q' (for now) ... I had the idea for a quick gag the other day, and wanted to be able to arrange a bunch of smileys to spell out HELLO  across  (not down) the page. Is that possible? I suspect the 'O' would be particularly difficult though (alignment).

It is possible, but it's very difficult because the spacing you see when you type it in the reply box differs from what you see when you preview / post it.  So it does take a while to do ...

:) :) :) :) :)     :) :) :) :)     :) :) :) :)      :) :) :) :) :)
           :)                :)                      :)                                 :)
           :)                :) :) :) :)     :) :) :) :)                 :)
           :)                :)                                      :)                 :)
           :)                :) :) :) :)     :) :) :) :)                 :)

Cheers for the assist.

I'm always glad to help :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/04/07 at 1:09 am

Thanks a lot for the help above. I'll try it out at a later stage.

Written By: Howard on 06/04/07 at 6:29 am

Got any more Faces of Howard?  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/04/07 at 4:50 pm

When was chewing gum first made available?

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/07 at 5:14 pm

Got any more Faces of Howard?  ;D

in due time lol

When was chewing gum first made available?

I am not sure, but it was long before my time lol

Written By: LittleMissUsername on 06/04/07 at 8:18 pm

Prince or Michael Jackson?  To be trapped on a tropical island with for a month. Chose wisely.

Written By: whistledog on 06/05/07 at 12:04 am

Prince or Michael Jackson?   To be trapped on a tropical island with for a month. Chose wisely.

Prince.  Michael Jackson is creepy lol

can I choose secret option C: suicide? lol

Written By: Howard on 06/05/07 at 6:03 am

Prince or Michael Jackson?   To be trapped on a tropical island with for a month. Chose wisely.

You forgot Paris Hilton.  ;D

Written By: esoxslayer on 06/05/07 at 8:41 am

Prince or Michael Jackson?  To be trapped on a tropical island with for a month. Chose wisely.

I think either one of the two would be useful in the event of a Kimodo dragon attack.....

Written By: LittleMissUsername on 06/05/07 at 3:20 pm

I think either one of the two would be useful in the event of a Kimodo dragon attack.....

:( You mad my cola go in  my nose!  Great mental image.

Written By: Howard on 06/05/07 at 4:05 pm

Oh Please,Hell No!  ::)

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/05/07 at 4:24 pm

:( You mad my cola go in  my nose!  Great mental image.

I'm shocked 'LittleMissUsername'. Here I was thinking you were a nice 'clean-cut' young lady... and it turns out ... you're into ... :o ...

I hope your boss doesn't catch you! ...

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/uploads/cokesnort.jpg
'Snorting coke!'  :D

Written By: Howard on 06/05/07 at 5:01 pm

I would "drink" it but not snort it. :o

Written By: LittleMissUsername on 06/05/07 at 7:19 pm

I'm shocked 'LittleMissUsername'. Here I was thinking you were a nice 'clean-cut' young lady... and it turns out ... you're into ... :o ...

I hope your boss doesn't catch you! ...

You had me confused with some other Littlemissusername.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/uploads/cokesnort.jpg
'Snorting coke!'   :D

Written By: esoxslayer on 06/05/07 at 7:26 pm

Oh Please,Hell No!  ::)

Sorry Howard...I forgot about those poor Kimodo's getting an upset stomach and possibly having some sort of allergic reaction....

Written By: LittleMissUsername on 06/06/07 at 7:55 am

Zombie Prince, or Zombie Michael Jackson?

Written By: Howard on 06/06/07 at 7:24 pm

Zombie Prince, or Zombie Michael Jackson?

I hate to know what Zombie Prince looks like. :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/07 at 4:12 pm

Why did the Nauvoo House not stand forever and ever?

Written By: whistledog on 07/06/07 at 4:28 pm

I've no idea what that is lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/07 at 4:36 pm

I've no idea what that is lol
I will ask someone else.

Written By: esoxslayer on 07/07/07 at 4:33 pm

How come cans of Labatts are 12 ounces and the bottles are only 11.5 ounces??  I feel cheated and think they need to "import" me about 2 tractor trailer loads full, to compensate me for shorting me that .5 of an ounce in every bottle...

Written By: Howard on 07/07/07 at 7:38 pm

Why'd the chicken cross the road?

Written By: whistledog on 07/08/07 at 12:44 am

How come cans of Labatts are 12 ounces and the bottles are only 11.5 ounces??  I feel cheated and think they need to "import" me about 2 tractor trailer loads full, to compensate me for shorting me that .5 of an ounce in every bottle...

I'm not a beer drinker, but I can speculate that maybe they want to try and sell more cans of beer, becuase the beer stores are too lazy to have to take back empty bottles LOL

Why'd the chicken cross the road?

Because the road crossed him first

Written By: Howard on 07/08/07 at 6:22 am

What was the worst Atari game ever?

Written By: whistledog on 07/08/07 at 8:53 pm

What was the worst Atari game ever?

That would have to be 'Reactor'

http://www.videogamecritic.net/images/2600/reactor.png

Written By: McDonald on 07/09/07 at 12:45 am

Must be the metric conversion.  ;)

I joke, but pretty much everything up here is done using the metric system, especially food and beverage packaging.

Written By: karen on 07/09/07 at 3:52 am

It is still standing today and visitors can go and see it

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/07 at 5:00 am

It is still standing today and visitors can go and see it
Thanks for imparting this information to me.

Written By: Howard on 07/09/07 at 6:13 am

That would have to be 'Reactor'

http://www.videogamecritic.net/images/2600/reactor.png

http://www.videogamecritic.net/images/2600/boxing.png

And don't forget Atari's Boxing.

Written By: whistledog on 07/09/07 at 5:08 pm

http://www.videogamecritic.net/images/2600/boxing.png

And don't forget Atari's Boxing.

No, that one is fun.  It's hard as hell, but what Atari game wasn't? lol  Activision games were like the Rolls Royce of Atari cartridges 8)

Written By: Howard on 07/09/07 at 5:39 pm

No, that one is fun.  It's hard as hell, but what Atari game wasn't? lol  Activision games were like the Rolls Royce of Atari cartridges 8)

I wish we were back in the Activision age.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/09/07 at 7:05 pm

I have 2507 images on my flashdrive.

How many do you think are catgirls?

Written By: whistledog on 07/09/07 at 9:43 pm

I have 2507 images on my flashdrive.

How many do you think are catgirls?

2508.  You forgot about the one where the catgirl is in the shower :D

Written By: Step-chan on 07/09/07 at 9:58 pm

2508.  You forgot about the one where the catgirl is in the shower :D

Wrong!!!!

It's actually 920.

You gave an answer similiar to what Philip did awhile back, which is nothing new now that he did it.

I have more categories of images than that.  :D ;D ::) ;)

Written By: whistledog on 07/09/07 at 10:08 pm

Wrong!!!!

It's actually 920.

You gave an answer similiar to what Philip did awhile back, which is nothing new now that he did it.

I have more categories of images than that.  :D ;D ::) ;)

only 920?  I expected more.  There are some people out there who probably have 921 catgirl images.  Shame on you for not being a devoted catgirl fan.  tsk! tsk! :P ;D :D

Written By: Step-chan on 07/09/07 at 10:42 pm

only 920?  I expected more.  There are some people out there who probably have 921 catgirl images.  Shame on you for not being a devoted catgirl fan.  tsk! tsk! :P ;D :D

Well.... if I were less selective.... I would have about 200 more.

Plus, it's not easy to find ones that I like... especially with the fact that I rely heavily on image boards. I don't like to use torrents(they require a zip program to open them and some torrents have problems working).

I only have one flashdrive right now... even though it's 1 gigabyte, I still have to think about storage limitations.

Wait a minute...

If I include the 2 mislabels and kemono(mix animal girl theme images, part of them also have catgirls in them), it's over 920. 920 are labeled as neko(for catgirl images).

I think 920+ is a good amount to amass in a few months. I have been putting up requests for different(including nekomimi/catgirl types) but haven't had any real luck. Ecchi(softcore naughty) is my second highest image set, it's at 826.

I have talked to people who have had over 3000 catgirl images, so my numbers are not that big compared to them(but I haven't had as much time to find any I like after getting the net here at home).

I think there are at least a few catgirl types I've put up in requests, but I notice that alot of requests for tamer stuff gets passed by... As if more of them are interest in helping people looking for hentai(nothing wrong with that, though. Still would be nice to get help for what I'm looking for).

The majority of my images are anime(a small number are real girls)... Close to 2500 to be precise.

Written By: whistledog on 07/09/07 at 11:33 pm

^ Of all your images, what are the non catgirl ones of?  Any pics of Jewel?

Written By: Howard on 07/10/07 at 6:19 am

http://games.atari.com/index.php

All you ned is a log in and password and you can play old school games for free. :)

Written By: Step-chan on 07/10/07 at 2:54 pm

^ Of all your images, what are the non catgirl ones of?  Any pics of Jewel?

Pictures of Jewel are in my photobucket account(I don't put any images of music artist male or female on my flashdrive, not even Nirvana).

Now, you do know that not all of my anime stuff is catgirls/foxgirls/bunnygirls(and so on)..... You do know that... don't you?

Less than half(I'd say about 40-43%) of my anime(some are actually video game characters too) are animal ear and tail type girls.

The others are normal anime girls(for lack of a better word).

I think I have about 10 or so that are actually real women(not all are naughty images either). I'll check my flashdrive to get the actual amount.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/12/07 at 4:47 pm

Images of real women/girls: 13

Written By: whistledog on 07/12/07 at 5:28 pm

Images of real women/girls: 13

only 13? :\'(

Written By: Howard on 07/12/07 at 7:11 pm

How does Atari compare to today's consoles? ???

Written By: Step-chan on 07/12/07 at 8:42 pm

only 13? :\'(

Okay, it's not a tragedy that I only have 13 on the flashdrive.

I have to find ones that I like, not just fill up with everyone I see... (This reason is similiar to the reason why I won't save any pictures of myself on my image account until I have some that I approve of)

Plus, I have a fetish for illustrations. I'm way more likely to save images of anime girls than I am to save images of real girls(but when I do come across pics of real girls/women I like I do save them, I'm just on anime boards alot more often, usually it's in a random or request board that I stumble across pics of real girls/women that I'm likely to save).

Also I still have other images in my main image account of real women(Carmen Electra and Jewel mainly).

If you're concerned about this, you can PM me or ask me on my main question thread, okay?  ;)

But you do know that anime is more than catgirls, right?

(Felt the need to repeat the question, didn't get an answer from the last post)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/13/07 at 8:50 am

Okay, it's not a tragedy that I only have 13 on the flashdrive.

I have to find ones that I like, not just fill up with everyone I see... (This reason is similiar to the reason why I won't save any pictures of myself on my image account until I have some that I approve of)

Plus, I have a fetish for illustrations. I'm way more likely to save images of anime girls than I am to save images of real girls(but when I do come across pics of real girls/women I like I do save them, I'm just on anime boards alot more often, usually it's in a random or request board that I stumble across pics of real girls/women that I'm likely to save).

Also I still have other images in my main image account of real women(Carmen Electra and Jewel mainly).

If you're concerned about this, you can PM me or ask me on my main question thread, okay?  ;)

But you do know that anime is more than catgirls, right?

(Felt the need to repeat the question, didn't get an answer from the last post)

what do you do with all of these images?

Written By: Howard on 07/13/07 at 3:20 pm

Scooby,Where Are You?  ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 07/13/07 at 5:10 pm

what do you do with all of these images?

Can you ask the question in my question thread? I feel alittle silly answering it in another persons thread.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/13/07 at 10:50 pm

Can you ask the question in my question thread? I feel alittle silly answering it in another persons thread.

sure, no problem! ;)

Written By: whistledog on 07/13/07 at 11:53 pm

How does Atari compare to today's consoles? ???

It doesn't, but I get more enjoyment out of Atari than I do these new fangled video games.  Simple is better, even though the graphics aren't

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/14/07 at 12:19 am

Simple is better, even though the graphics aren't

Funny...that's how I descibe myself.  ;D

If a dog were to whistle, what tune would a whistling dog whistle if a whistledog could?

Written By: Green Lantern on 07/14/07 at 12:27 am

If a dog were to whistle, what tune would a whistling dog whistle if a whistledog could?

Maybe 'You I aint nothing but a hound-dog' (crying all the time  :\'( ).

Or 'Who let the dogs out? (by the Baha men)

Or 'Me and you and a dog name Boo?' (Lobo)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/14/07 at 12:40 am

Maybe 'You I aint nothing but a hound-dog' (crying all the time  :\'( ).

Or 'Me and you and a dog name Boo?' (Lobo)

You are too funny.

Here's a Canadian Question for ya, do you like...(what we call) Canadian Bacon or American bacon better?  lol 

Written By: whistledog on 07/14/07 at 1:48 am

He would whistle the whistle song if you gave him a whistle for every whistle he whistled

That's a Canadian song

You are too funny.

Here's a Canadian Question for ya, do you like...(what we call) Canadian Bacon or American bacon better?  lol 

I actually prefer American Bacon, only because I haven't had Back (Canadian) Bacon in years.  I've lost a taste for it, so perhaps I should hit my grocer and stock up on some lol

Written By: Howard on 07/14/07 at 6:22 am

It doesn't, but I get more enjoyment out of Atari than I do these new fangled video games.  Simple is better, even though the graphics aren't

http://www.soledadpenades.com/imgs/joystick.png

Back in the days when joysticks were just a red button and a handle. ;D^

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/14/07 at 6:29 am

It looks so primative for todays standards

Written By: Howard on 07/14/07 at 6:52 am

It looks so primative for todays standards

I always wound up with blisters.

Written By: whistledog on 07/15/07 at 7:55 pm

I couldn't use those Joysticks coz the button was on the wrong side.  Luckily, I had the 7800 which the joystick had buttons on both sides.  It was soooo much easier to handle

http://www.videogamecritic.net/images/systems/7800controller.jpg

Written By: Howard on 07/16/07 at 6:21 am

I couldn't use those Joysticks coz the button was on the wrong side.  Luckily, I had the 7800 which the joystick had buttons on both sides.  It was soooo much easier to handle

http://www.videogamecritic.net/images/systems/7800controller.jpg

That was much better than the one I had before.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/16/07 at 8:14 am

Our first computer was a Commodore 128 (which had inbedded a 64) and the first joystick we had was one of these

http://cgi.zdnet.de/glossar/i/small/id17f10_t.png

and was soon taken over by one of these

http://www.tecnogadgets.com/fotografias/joystickcen.jpg

but, without that row of red buttons on the front.

Written By: Howard on 07/16/07 at 3:41 pm

I always wound up with blisters. :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/16/07 at 3:55 pm

I always wound up with blisters. :P
You was not the only one with blisters.

Written By: Howard on 07/16/07 at 4:32 pm

You was not the only one with blisters.

My fingers hurt for days.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/16/07 at 5:19 pm

I always liked playing Ms. Pac-man and Bowling on the Atari 2600 myself.

Written By: whistledog on 07/16/07 at 5:30 pm

Our first computer was a Commodore 128 (which had inbedded a 64) and the first joystick we had was one of these

http://cgi.zdnet.de/glossar/i/small/id17f10_t.png

I had one of those too.  It came with the Commodore Vic-20.  They were very hard on the hands yes.  Having the button on the front made it very awkward as in arcades, the buttons are too the right (and sometimes left) of the joystick

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/16/07 at 5:40 pm

What's the difference between a whistledog and a regular hot dog?

Written By: Howard on 07/17/07 at 6:18 am

Hot Dogs don't whistle. ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/17/07 at 6:20 am

I always liked playing Ms. Pac-man and Bowling on the Atari 2600 myself.

http://www.sodabob.com/3DGames/images/Atari_PacMan.gif  :)

Written By: whistledog on 07/17/07 at 9:14 am

a Whistle Dog only comes with relish, cheese and bacon.  No idea why it's called a Whistle Dog though lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/17/07 at 9:17 am

a Whistle Dog only comes with relish, cheese and bacon.  No idea why it's called a Whistle Dog though lol
In days past, you would whistle to the waiter "Where's my relish?"?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/17/07 at 1:00 pm

Whenever you dig through your change, do you ever find the occasional American quarter among your Canadian quarters? Do you find this as irritating as I do whenever I find a Canadian quarter in my pocket, since they won't work in US vending machines (and I'm assuming vice versa)?

Written By: Step-chan on 07/17/07 at 4:01 pm

http://www.sodabob.com/3DGames/images/Atari_PacMan.gif  :)

Ms. Pac-Man looked alot better than Pac-Man(picture ^).

;) :D

Written By: Howard on 07/17/07 at 4:32 pm

I thought a whistledog comes with a whistle? ;D

Written By: whistledog on 07/17/07 at 7:14 pm

In days past, you would whistle to the waiter "Where's my relish?"?

lol Whistle Dogs are found at A&W.  They have no waiters there :D

Whenever you dig through your change, do you ever find the occasional American quarter among your Canadian quarters? Do you find this as irritating as I do whenever I find a Canadian quarter in my pocket, since they won't work in US vending machines (and I'm assuming vice versa)?

I get US Quarters all the time in change.  I've never had a problem with them in vending machines in Canada

I thought a whistledog comes with a whistle? ;D

If they did, you'd choke on them lol

Written By: Howard on 07/18/07 at 6:16 am

lol Whistle Dogs are found at A&W.  They have no waiters there :D

I get US Quarters all the time in change.  I've never had a problem with them in vending machines in Canada

If they did, you'd choke on them lol

The Dog or The Whistle?  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/22/07 at 4:04 am

Who is April Scott?

Written By: Howard on 07/22/07 at 6:15 am

Have you ever created a wrestler for Raw vs.Smackdown 2007?

Written By: whistledog on 07/24/07 at 9:31 pm

Who is April Scott?

Actress and former Deal or No Deal (US version) case holder.  She played Daisy Duke in the TV movie 'The Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning'

Have you ever created a wrestler for Raw vs.Smackdown 2007?

Can't say as I have played that one.  I did create a wrestler for an old wrestling game for the PS1.  Don't remember which game it was though, but the wrestler I created was this big butch woman with gigantic sausage arms.  The Fabulous Moolah of the 2000s ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/25/07 at 12:58 am

Actress and former Deal or No Deal (US version) case holder.  She played Daisy Duke in the TV movie 'The Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning'
Is this her?

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/entertainment/2006-11/13/xin_191103131001154238045.jpg

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/25/07 at 2:25 am

How have things in Canada been lately?

Question #2...

There has been a backlog of people seeking United States passports now that the newish law is in effect where you must have one if you are traveling by plane to Canada (or Mexico) whereas before you did not need one... Is there a rush in Canada as well to get passports?

Written By: Green Lantern on 07/25/07 at 2:36 am

Question #2...

There has been a backlog of people seeking United States passports now that the newish law is in effect where you must have one if you are traveling by plane to Canada (or Mexico) whereas before you did not need one... Is there a rush in Canada as well to get passports?

I haven't heard anything before about ^ this new law. What's the reason?

Also, can you tell me is it easy for Canadians / Americans to work in each others countries without going through ...uhm, strict procedures?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/25/07 at 3:35 am

I haven't heard anything before about ^ this new law. What's the reason?

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html If you travel by air to Canada or Mexico FROM United States.

http://gocanada.about.com/od/canadatraveloverview/qt/uscitizenborder.htm Traveling by car

http://gocanada.about.com/od/faqscrossingtheborde1/f/whti.htm  The law they are talking about

Written By: Howard on 07/25/07 at 6:17 am

Is this her?

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/entertainment/2006-11/13/xin_191103131001154238045.jpg

No,That's jailbird Lindsey Lohan.The person you'e talking about is Jessica Simpson.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/25/07 at 6:21 am

Definately April Scott

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/5824/th-AprilScott_Mazur_12870407_400.jpg

Written By: Howard on 07/25/07 at 6:22 am

I don't think I've seen her on Deal or No Deal. ???

Written By: whistledog on 07/26/07 at 8:18 pm

Question #2...

I'm not sure if there is a rush to get one, but I would think some people would want to get one ASAP before the rates start going up. 

Also, can you tell me is it easy for Canadians / Americans to work in each others countries without going through ...uhm, strict procedures?

It's a whole gruelling process.  Every so often, you have to go to the border to renew your green card, and show all kinds of ID as well as proof of schooling.  I qualify as a Native Canadian, and once I get my band card, I will be able (if I ever choose to) live and work in the US without going through all the major formalities

Definately April Scott

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/5824/th-AprilScott_Mazur_12870407_400.jpg

That is her.  What a babe, eh?

I don't think I've seen her on Deal or No Deal. ???

She left after the show's first season

Written By: Howard on 07/27/07 at 6:51 am

How'd you create that avatar? :)

Written By: whistledog on 07/27/07 at 7:57 pm

How'd you create that avatar? :)

I stole videos from YouTube, extracted frames from them as JPEGs, Animated them together, resized it and voila! lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/28/07 at 5:00 am

I stole videos from YouTube, extracted frames from them as JPEGs, Animated them together, resized it and voila! lol
Did it take long to do?

Written By: Howard on 07/28/07 at 6:15 am

How'd you know which videos to choose?

Written By: whistledog on 07/28/07 at 5:17 pm

Did it take long to do?

In the old days, it would have taken me about 4 or 5 hours LOL.  I've made so many animated avatars, this one only took me about 30 minutes

How'd you know which videos to choose?

I was inspired by a topic I did about short-lived shows of the 80s.  It made me think of all kinds of 80s shows, and how I loved to watch so many, that I should make an avatar montage of some of them

In order of appearance (excluding the static channels LOL):  Mama's Family, Too Close For Comfort (Lydia Cornell), The Charmings

I may change some of the shows over time

Written By: Howard on 07/29/07 at 6:17 am

have you ever thought of changing your name to whistlegod? ;D

Written By: whistledog on 07/29/07 at 7:26 pm

have you ever thought of changing your name to whistlegod? ;D

I did that once, when the option to change names was available to members

Written By: Henk on 07/31/07 at 3:53 pm

Why'd you remove a question from my "There For The Asking" thread? ??? I was working on an answer, you see...  :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 07/31/07 at 4:34 pm

Why'd you remove a question from my "There For The Asking" thread? ??? I was working on an answer, you see...  :\'(

I was going to edit the question, but I deleted the post instead :-[  I will re-ask it in your thread :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/10/07 at 4:39 pm

Who is Emmanuelle Chriqui?

Written By: whistledog on 08/10/07 at 6:52 pm

Who is Emmanuelle Chriqui?

Actress.  Can be seen on the HBO series 'Entourage'

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/11/07 at 5:59 am

Actress.  Can be seen on the HBO series 'Entourage'
Thanks.

Written By: Howard on 08/11/07 at 6:32 am

Whatever to that Melanie Blatt avatar?

Written By: whistledog on 08/11/07 at 5:01 pm

Whatever to that Melanie Blatt avatar?

I retired it in favour of classic TV lol

Written By: Howard on 08/12/07 at 6:31 am

I retired it in favour of classic TV lol

DAMN!  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/30/07 at 6:37 am

If you shine a light into a mirror, does the fact that the light is reflected back mean that you are effectively doubling the amount of light in the room? If so, couldn't the energy problem be at least partially solved by filling rooms with mirrors? If not, why not?

Written By: Howard on 10/30/07 at 6:39 am

Any new faces of Howard?  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/30/07 at 7:56 pm

If you shine a light into a mirror, does the fact that the light is reflected back mean that you are effectively doubling the amount of light in the room? If so, couldn't the energy problem be at least partially solved by filling rooms with mirrors? If not, why not?

This is a good questionl one to which I haven't got an answer, but here's some speculation ...

I would think the light reflecting back would be almost double, which makes sense becuase when I drive, car headlights in my rearview mirror(s) always appear brighter.  If you filled a room with mirrors and shined a light, you could probably create your own eclipse.  Don't look directly at it or you'll go blind ;D

I am in temporary retirement until I can think of some new and original ones.  I did so many, I ran out of other ideas lol

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/30/07 at 8:29 pm

Enough of Howard !  >:( >:( >:(

Damn! This site is all about Howard !  >:(  When it isn't ... he soon comes back to hint hint  ... where's my pics? !  ??? Let's talk about anything ... as long as its Howard ! >:(

Not that I'm jealous, or anything like that !  >:( :\'( ;D

Anyways, I want a 'Many faces of Mr. Mister' thread !  >:(

If I don't see one soon ....

http://www.vivisjournal.com/vivis_wine_notes/Cry_2DBaby_small.jpg
I'll spit out my dummy (pacifier) !!  >:( >:( :\'( :\'( :\'(

:D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/30/07 at 8:52 pm

You big baby ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/30/07 at 8:55 pm

You big baby ;D

You got that right !  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/31/07 at 2:54 am

I am in temporary retirement until I can think of some new and original ones.  I did so many, I ran out of other ideas lol
Any chance on Superhoward as suggested in the Pathmark thread?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/31/07 at 2:55 am

This is a good questionl one to which I haven't got an answer, but here's some speculation ...

I would think the light reflecting back would be almost double, which makes sense becuase when I drive, car headlights in my rearview mirror(s) always appear brighter.  If you filled a room with mirrors and shined a light, you could probably create your own eclipse.  Don't look directly at it or you'll go blind ;D
Thank you.

Written By: Howard on 10/31/07 at 6:25 am

Any chance on Superhoward as suggested in the Pathmark thread?

What would that look like?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/31/07 at 6:36 am

What would that look like?
Howard (yourself) in a Superman suit?

Written By: Howard on 10/31/07 at 3:02 pm

Howard (yourself) in a Superman suit?

pushing carts.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/31/07 at 3:03 pm

pushing carts.
Pushcart Man?

Written By: Howard on 10/31/07 at 3:59 pm

Pushcart Man?

Or Man Pushcart.

Written By: Midas on 09/16/08 at 10:48 am

Are you still giving out candy from last Halloween?  Is that why you haven't posted here?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/20/09 at 3:45 pm

Beaver Lover?!?  :o :o :o

You get a little, 'Dawg?  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/29/09 at 6:46 am

When is Groundhog Day?

Written By: Midas on 01/29/09 at 9:00 am

Is whistledog ever going to answer questions in this thread?  Is he afraid?  :D

Written By: Cautious Lip on 01/29/09 at 7:00 pm

Hello Whistle Dog. Here's my question: What topics on this site impress you the most ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/30/09 at 5:34 am

Is whistledog ever going to answer questions in this thread?  Is he afraid?  :D
Still no replies yet?

Written By: Midas on 01/30/09 at 9:07 am

Still no replies yet?

Maybe he's still loving some beaver?  :D

Written By: whistledog on 01/31/09 at 11:49 pm

Are you still giving out candy from last Halloween?  Is that why you haven't posted here?

I ate all the candy and threw up :D

Beaver Lover?!?  :o :o :o

You get a little, 'Dawg?  ;)

What can I say?  I love cute fuzzy things :D

When is Groundhog Day?

The date of Bill Murray's last successful film lol

Hello Whistle Dog. Here's my question: What topics on this site impress you the most ?

Ones where I can talk about dreaming.  No wait, that's Kyle
Ones where I can talk about sex.  No wait, that's Howard
Ones where I can talk about Debbie Gibson.  No wait, that's woops

Ones where I can talk about dreaming about having sex with Debbie Gibson.  Now that's definately me :D

Written By: Paul on 02/01/09 at 9:03 am

What can I say?  I love cute fuzzy things :D

As long as they don't gnaw right through your log!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/07/20 at 12:05 pm

Is it Labor Day in Canada too?

Written By: whistledog on 09/07/20 at 2:33 pm

Is it Labor Day in Canada too?

It is.  I get the day off

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/07/20 at 2:35 pm

It is.  I get the day off
Splendid!

Check for new replies or respond here...