inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask me anything about Halo3!!!

Written By: annonymouse on 08/07/07 at 12:04 am

and by "anything" i mean questions about it's contents, releasedate, features. you now, usefull information.

Subject: Re: Ask me anything about Halo3!!!

Written By: whistledog on 08/07/07 at 12:24 am

How many copies has Halo3 sold ?
Is it more successful than Halo2 or the original Halo ?
Can you name everyone who is responsible for the creation of the Halo series ?

Written By: annonymouse on 08/07/07 at 1:29 am

How many copies has Halo3 sold ?
Is it more successful than Halo2 or the original Halo ?
Can you name everyone who is responsible for the creation of the Halo series ?

not out yet
  not out yet
  no

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/07 at 2:06 am

Who are Halo3?

Written By: whistledog on 08/07/07 at 10:49 am

not out yet
  not out yet
  no

If it's not out yet, how will you know stuff about it ?

Written By: annonymouse on 08/07/07 at 3:26 pm

If it's not out yet, how will you know stuff about it ?

things that they have released through the press. hell just ask me about halo

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/07 at 3:30 pm

Can you put me in the picture about Halo3?

Written By: annonymouse on 08/07/07 at 3:58 pm

Can you put me in the picture about Halo3?

halo is the most influential game of my generation. it is based in the year 2552. a conglomeration of alien races called the  covenant have begun a war against human kind for reasons created by their religion. the first game, halo 1 takes place just after the covenant take over and glass (bombard with plasma from orbitting space ships until the planet's surface is glass) the last of humankinds outer planetary strongholds,
"Reach." captain keyes (captain of the space ship "pillar of autmn") escapes with what at the time was thought to be the last remaining spartan, master chief. (children taken at early age trained, biologically enhanced and given a protective armored suit featuring an energy shield. the suit is named mjolnir) he is chased covenant ships and is led to a planet sized ring floating in space with a self contained environment and landscape. they are forced to crash land on the ring structure.  there, along with a large platoon of marines, vehicles an artificial inteligence construct named cortana (the creation of AI constructs actually involves taking a piece of human brain tissue. they are very human like) you (the master chief) discover that the ring structure, (halo) was built by the so called "forrunners" (ancient race that is speculated to be human) to house and study the flood (a parasitic race that poses a threat to all in it's path). the structure has a failsafe system that allows halo to work as a weapon to destroy all sentient life in the galaxy so that the flood has no food and therefor cannot spread. in the end the master chief detonates the reactors of the crash landed "pillar of autumn"  destroying the ring world and then escapes on a longsword bomber (spaceship) located in the "pillar of autumn". 

probably alot more than you wanted to know. but anyways i'll continue it later.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/07 at 3:59 pm

halo is the most influential game of my generation. it is based in the year 2552. a conglomeration of alien races called the  covenant have begun a war against human kind for reasons created by their religion. the first game, halo 1 takes place just after the covenant take over and glass (bombard with plasma from orbitting space ships until the planet's surface is glass) the last of humankinds outer planetary strongholds,
"Reach." captain keyes (captain of the space ship "pillar of autmn") escapes with what at the time was thought to be the last remaining spartan, master chief. (children taken at early age trained, biologically enhanced and given a protective armored suit featuring an energy shield. the suit is named mjolnir) he is chased covenant ships and is led to a planet sized ring floating in space with a self contained environment and landscape. they are forced to crash land on the ring structure.  there, along with a large platoon of marines, vehicles an artificial inteligence construct named cortana (the creation of AI constructs actually involves taking a piece of human brain tissue. they are very human like) you (the master chief) discover that the ring structure, (halo) was built by the so called "forrunners" (ancient race that is speculated to be human) to house and study the flood (a parasitic race that poses a threat to all in it's path). the structure has a failsafe system that allows halo to work as a weapon to destroy all sentient life in the galaxy so that the flood has no food and therefor cannot spread. in the end the master chief detonates the reactors of the crash landed "pillar of autumn"  destroying the ring world and then escapes on a longsword bomber (spaceship) located in the "pillar of autumn". 

probably alot more than you wanted to know. but anyways i'll continue it later.
Thank you for the info.

Written By: whistledog on 08/07/07 at 9:57 pm

If they ever made Halo into a movie, would Debbie Gibson go and see it, and if so would she enjoy it ?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/07/07 at 10:39 pm

They were actually planning on making a Halo movie...it'll probably come out in 2008 or 2009 depending on when Microsoft decides to get their act together and when they can raise the $500M it'll take to do all the special effects.  Peter Jackson's supposedly going to direct it, but most of this is idle chatter from fanboys and speculation from the Hobbit himself.  Debbie Gibson might see it, but she's so busy with stuff that I doubt she'd be able to find the time in her busy schedule to drag herself to the theater and sign her one autograph for the year.

Halo 3 comes out on 9/25 and is exclusively for the Xbox 360.  It will most likely be rated "M" for "Mature", which probably means that daddy will have to buy it for you in lieu of Ritalin.

Written By: annonymouse on 08/08/07 at 10:56 am

They were actually planning on making a Halo movie...it'll probably come out in 2008 or 2009 depending on when Microsoft decides to get their act together and when they can raise the $500M it'll take to do all the special effects.  Peter Jackson's supposedly going to direct it, but most of this is idle chatter from fanboys and speculation from the Hobbit himself.  Debbie Gibson might see it, but she's so busy with stuff that I doubt she'd be able to find the time in her busy schedule to drag herself to the theater and sign her one autograph for the year.

Halo 3 comes out on 9/25 and is exclusively for the Xbox 360.  It will most likely be rated "M" for "Mature", which probably means that daddy will have to buy it for you in lieu of Ritalin.

well, peter jackson isn't going to direct it. some other guy is and peter jackson is doing other stuff on the side. if they do folow through with the thing, i hope they take a "300" style route. there's alot of special effects. oh, and by the way, there is currently no law restricting the purchase of M rated video games to any age group. just store policies.

Check for new replies or respond here...