inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Me Anything About Disneyland & DCA

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/09/07 at 1:39 pm

I believe I made this thread and then deleted it. For some reason I couldn't find it in here...  :(

So, anyway, any questions you have about Disneyland or other Los Angeles area places, please don't hesitate to ask.

I have some questions for you about Disneyland -

What's your favorite ride(s)?

Your Least favorite ride(s)?

What are your traditions when going to the park?

What are your favorite memories?

When was the first time you went to Disneyland? The last?

What ride do you think you've ridden most?

What are your favorite restaurants/food vendors in the park?

What are the best souvenirs?

Questions from Mike:

Why is the ride Splash Mountain nicknamed "Flash Mountain"? 

What are you favorite Land's in Disneyland

Do you like the older rides or the newer ones?

What rides would you ride over and over again if you could?

Have you ever been inside Club 33?

Subject: Re: Ask Me Anything About Disneyland & DCA

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/09/07 at 2:05 pm

Have you ever been inside Club 33 http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/129803426_1f9d77ac4c.jpg?v=0

Written By: nally on 11/09/07 at 2:07 pm

Yes, you did do this thread before: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=22479.0

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/09/07 at 2:17 pm

What's your favorite ride(s)?

Your Least favorite ride(s)?

What are your traditions when going to the park? we like to take pics once inside the gate with the big Mickey Mouse emblem oin the grass
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5xfFvjRHU5sA51.jzbkF/SIG=12crhe0ss/EXP=1194725445/**http%3A//www.meridentravel.com/disneyland%2520entrance.jpg

What are your favorite memories? Me and Diane taking turns sitting with Julie on the rides, being there on July 4th when it was the most crowded I've ever seen and enjoying the extra special fireworks show that night.

When was the first time you went to Disneyland? The last? first time for me was 1985, it was Diane and my first anniversary. my family did not go when I was a kid. the last time was probably 2003 or 2004

What ride do you think you've ridden most? Pirates of The Caribbean and Indiana Jones Adventure, Temple of the Forbidden Eye and of course Autopia

What are your favorite restaurants/food vendors in the park? the Blue Bayou in Orleans Square, and the ice cream shop on Main Street

What are the best souvenirs? tee shirts, hats and sweatshirts for me

Written By: Howard on 11/09/07 at 3:07 pm

What's The DCA?  ???

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/09/07 at 3:26 pm

What's The DCA?  ???
Disney's California Adventure,  it's a 2nd theme park right next to Disneyland, only a few hundred yards away from Disneyland, and all the rides and attractions are themed around the state of California. it's pretty cool.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/09/07 at 3:59 pm

Yes, you did do this thread before: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=22479.0

Ahh, there it is..  ;D that's so weird because I tried looking for it, but it never showed up. Thanks for your skills in finding it. I may retitle that one in order to keep these separate. I think this one will be the better of the two.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/09/07 at 4:05 pm

Have you ever been inside Club 33 http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/129803426_1f9d77ac4c.jpg?v=0

Great Questions, Mike!!  :) I added them to the first post so everyone will get a good chance to answer them :0)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/09/07 at 4:11 pm

Great Questions, Mike!!  :) I added them to the first post so everyone will get a good chance to answer them :0)
that's cool Krissy, and you'll be answering questions, won't you?  :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/09/07 at 4:13 pm

What's your favorite ride(s)?  To be honest, I like all of them. Some of them are not quite as exciting as the others, but I have a lot of fun with them anyway.

Your Least favorite ride(s)? Probably the Winnie the Pooh ride. It isn't the most exciting of all the rides, but I love Winnie the Pooh, so I still ride it, lol

What are your traditions when going to the park? We usually ride the train ride that goes throughout the whole park and you get to see the Grand Canyon. This kinda gets your feet wet before you jump off and explore all the sights. We also have made a tradition of seeing Fantasmick and the fireworks shows (but who hasn't?).

What are your favorite memories? I have so many memories of Disneyland. I remember riding on Matterhorn about 5-6 times in a row because it was the end of the night and it seemed hardly anyone was there, so they let us keep riding. I remember riding "it's a small world" for the first time with my parents. I remember meeting Mickey and Minnie for the first time, watching Lincoln at the Opera House, Captain EO, Star Tours.. all of those made big first impressions on me as a kid - and oh yes, the Electric Main Street Parade.

When was the first time you went to Disneyland? The last? First time, September 1988 and the last time was August 2006.

What ride do you think you've ridden most? Probably, Pirates, It's a Small World, Jungle Cruise, etc.

What are your favorite restaurants/food vendors in the park? Blue Bayou, Bengal BBQ, McDonalds Fry stand, etc.

What are the best souvenirs? I like to keep napkins, and even some wrappers (if they're pretty enough), postcards, artwork, keychains, mugs, shirts, etc.

Questions from Mike:

Why is the ride Splash Mountain nicknamed "Flash Mountain"? Ladies flash their ta-ta's -  ;D

What are your favorite Land's in Disneyland? Adventureland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, New Orleans Square, Main Street USA.

Do you like the older rides or the newer ones?  The older ones are great - but a few of the new ones really standout - such as Hollywood Tower of Terror, California Screamin', etc.

Riding Big Mountain Thunder is a lot of fun doing more than once.

Have you ever been inside Club 33? I never have.. I'd love to be a special guest one of these days...

Written By: Howard on 11/09/07 at 4:21 pm

How Old is Mickey?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/09/07 at 4:40 pm

How Old is Mickey?

I would say, from my own memory, is officially 79 years old (from his 1928 talkie cartoon "Steamboat Willie") but I believe Walt made comics and some silent cartoons with Mickey prior to that, so he probably is technically in his 80s.

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/11/18/mickeyat75.ap/story.steamboat.jpg

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/09/07 at 4:46 pm

that's cool Krissy, and you'll be answering questions, won't you?  :)

You got it!!  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/10/07 at 6:18 am

I would say, from my own memory, is officially 79 years old (from his 1928 talkie cartoon "Steamboat Willie") but I believe Walt made comics and some silent cartoons with Mickey prior to that, so he probably is technically in his 80s.

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/11/18/mickeyat75.ap/story.steamboat.jpg

What would Mickey look like with gray hair?  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/10/07 at 4:28 pm

What would Mickey look like with gray hair?  ;D

There might be a cartoon with an old Mickey in it, lol But, good question  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/07 at 4:30 pm

Is it true the Disney Characters at Disneyland & DCA are not allowed to speak?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/10/07 at 4:34 pm

Is it true the Disney Characters at Disneyland & DCA are not allowed to speak?

According to Associated Content.com, on Tips on How to Get a Job being a Disney Character, the answer is True - Characters are not allowed to speak to visitors.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/128131/tips_on_how_to_get_a_job_being_a_disney.html

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/07 at 4:35 pm

According to Associated Content.com, on Tips on How to Get a Job being a Disney Character, the answer is True - Characters are not allowed to speak to visitors.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/128131/tips_on_how_to_get_a_job_being_a_disney.html
So it must be down to copyright?

Written By: Brigitte on 11/10/07 at 6:53 pm

Is Walt Disney Frozen? I heard that somewhere.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/11/07 at 3:08 am

I heard this to, the preservation system is called Cryogenics.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/11/07 at 3:30 am

I heard this to, the preservation system is called Cryogenics.
I thought that if you cryogized a thing and took it to a certain freezing temperature and then brought it back up slowly, that somehow the molecular structure changes. maybe he'll come back stronger  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/11/07 at 3:32 am

I thought that if you cryogized a thing and took it to a certain freezing temperature and then brought it back up slowly, that somehow the molecular structure changes. maybe he'll come back stronger  :o
...and will still be the only employee of the Disney Co. to have a moustache.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/11/07 at 3:36 am

...and will still be the only employee of the Disney Co. to have a moustache.
that's rather selfish of him  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/dali.gif

Written By: Howard on 11/11/07 at 5:53 am

How old would Walt Disney be today?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/11/07 at 6:14 am

How old would Walt Disney be today?
If he had not died, he must had been over 100.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/11/07 at 10:34 am

So it must be down to copyright?

I am not sure if it comes down to copyright or if it just keeps characters from diverting too much from what they're suppose to be. I think by not saying anything and if not having the chops to sound like the character may help someone who doesn't have that particular talent.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/11/07 at 10:36 am

I am not sure if it comes down to copyright or if it just keeps characters from diverting too much from what they're suppose to be. I think by not saying anything and if not having the chops to sound like the character may help someone who doesn't have that particular talent.
To have the voices would make it more interesting.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/11/07 at 10:37 am

According to thestraightdope.com, these may well be the sad facts:

1) Walt Disney, as near as can be determined, was cremated on December 17, 1966, two days after his death. Admirable work in this regard was done by William Poundstone, author of a ground-breaking volume called Big Secrets. Poundstone heard not only that Walt was on ice, but that the body was stashed below the Pirates of the Caribbean exhibition at Disneyland. Disney was known to have been preoccupied with death, his funeral services were held in secret, and the cause of his demise was never formally announced. Poundstone, however, was able to get a copy of the death certificate, which says Walt died of cancer of the left lung and was cremated at Forest Lawn cemetery. The certificate was signed by an embalmer named Dean Fluss, a real guy who really worked at Forest Lawn. Forest Lawn would not disclose the location of the remains, but after a search Poundstone found the grave site in the cemetery's Court of Freedom section. There is nothing remarkable about it. Conclusion: Walt was fried, not frozen.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/11/07 at 10:39 am

To have the voices would make it more interesting.

It may be. I'd like to see how some sound in their supposed voices, but maybe it's too hard to find someone who looks and sounds like the character.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/11/07 at 10:42 am

It may be. I'd like to see how some sound in their supposed voices, but maybe it's too hard to find someone who looks and sounds like the character.
All they have to do is speak in a high pitched squeaky voice.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/11/07 at 10:43 am

All they have to do is speak in a high pitched squeaky voice.

;D That's true. Now the sad thing would be is if Prince Charming started talking, and that was his natural voice  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/11/07 at 3:24 pm

If he had not died, he must had been over 100.

Would he have lived to see his creations? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/07 at 5:19 am

When did Walt Disney die?

Written By: Howard on 11/12/07 at 6:16 am

When did Walt Disney die?

1966?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/19/07 at 7:59 pm

Disney lived to see many of his creations come into fruition. The only few things he didn't get to see past the drawing board was Disney World, the Haunted Mansion and I believe Pirates of the Caribbean was being built close to the time he died.

1966?

Yes, he died Dec. 15th 1966.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/20/07 at 3:15 am

Disney lived to see many of his creations come into fruition. The only few things he didn't get to see past the drawing board was Disney World, the Haunted Mansion and I believe Pirates of the Caribbean was being built close to the time he died.

He was well and truly alive when Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was released.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/20/07 at 8:06 am

No....that was because of a joke that too many people didn't get

What happened to Disney when he died?

He was put in suspended animation

Written By: Howard on 11/20/07 at 2:12 pm

How old would he be today?

Written By: nally on 11/20/07 at 2:12 pm

How old would he be today?

Who? Walt Disney?

If he were still alive, he'd be 105.

Written By: Howard on 11/20/07 at 2:17 pm

Who? Walt Disney?

If he were still alive, he'd be 105.

So he was born in 1902?

Written By: nally on 11/20/07 at 2:18 pm

So he was born in 1902?

No, he was born in December of 1901.

Written By: Howard on 11/20/07 at 2:22 pm

Does he have any brothers,sisters,sons or daughters that was handed over to them after he passed on?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/20/07 at 3:42 pm

He was well and truly alive when Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was released.

By far, and he was awarded an Honorary Academy Award for his achievement with Snow White. Up until yesterday, I did not realise he held the record for winning the most Academy Awards.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/20/07 at 3:56 pm

Does he have any brothers,sisters,sons or daughters that was handed over to them after he passed on?

Walt had 4 other siblings (Herbert, Raymond, Roy & Flora). Roy, had a son also named Roy who has played a vital role in the Disney company, recently ousting Michael Eisner and Ron Miller (in 1984).

Walt Disney had two daughters, Diane and Sharon. Diane is married to Ron Miller.  Sharon passed on in 1993.

Written By: ralfy on 05/28/16 at 11:13 pm

"Eye on L.A. dives into Disneyland's 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration"

http://abc7.com/society/eye-on-la-dives-into-disneylands-diamond-celebration/796015/

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/06/17 at 12:53 am

I know this is a sore subject but do you believe that Walt Disney was anti-Semitic? If so, did anyone call Walt on the carpet about his anti-Jewish stand, and why did he embrace those belief? If not, then how did he get that reputation?

Check for new replies or respond here...