inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask ladyhawk about ladyhawk...

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/06/07 at 1:06 pm

Okay Let's try a different way to put this.
Hi......... I am Melissa
I know a few people out here would like to get to know me; so here you go.
I grew up in a little town in Northern California
I helped my parents raise chickens and other farm animals.
My mother had 8 children and my dad fathered 6 of them
Only 5 girls remain and I am the 2nd oldest.
I have always wanted to see the Atlantic Ocean.
For 17 years I was an adopted Romanian.
I have had a good deal of experience with different cultures and religions.

Anything you would like to know, feel free to ask me.........I will be happy to answer.

Subject: Re: Ask ladyhawk about ladyhawk...

Written By: ninny on 12/06/07 at 2:26 pm

I give you Karma because I wouldn't have the guts to do it,So I'm kinda new so I do not know much about your family,are you into mythology? or just dragons and warriors?

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/06/07 at 2:45 pm

I love Mythology. In school the kids use to call me Medusa, so I researched her. I found out her story and it kind of went from there.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/06/07 at 2:55 pm

My dragon pic represents the fact that I am a Gemini(the twins) and that I was born in the year of the fire dragon.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/07/07 at 12:54 am

Just going to put a little eye candy here for myself.

http://www.meatloaf-oifc.com/chsib/meatloaf.jpg

Written By: Howard on 12/07/07 at 6:55 am

What's your favorite Meatloaf song?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/07/07 at 7:20 am

Do you like Meatloaf as an actor?  He just looks like a big ole teddybear.  :)

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/07/07 at 10:40 am

What's your favorite Meatloaf song?

That is a very difficult question, thanks for asking it. It made me have to really think. Meatloaf has so many awesome songs and I love them all. But my favorite would have to be "Life Is a Lemon and I Want My Money Back."

Do you like Meatloaf as an actor?  He just looks like a big ole teddybear.  :)

I do love Meatloaf as an actor. I loved the Wicked Villain he played in Black Dog. He look absolutely awesome in that movie. In my opinion he is looking better as he is aging. I have always thought he was a hunk, but as time goes by he just keeps getting better.
As far as the teddy bear types, those are what I love. A man needs to be large and very mascline looking.

But one thing about Meatloaf, he definitely does not have my husbands 21 1/2" biceps.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/07/07 at 10:18 pm

Here is one that is even better. The Most Handsome Man In This World To Me.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/07/07 at 10:36 pm

That's a nice picture Melissa.  :)  Where is one of you?  ;D

OK, guess I will do the typical Ask me questions:

Favorite food?
Favorite color?
Favorite place to vacation/visit?
Do you have a favorite book?
Can you yodel?  ;D

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/07/07 at 11:35 pm

That's a nice picture Melissa.  :)  Where is one of you?   ;D

OK, guess I will do the typical Ask me questions:

Favorite food?
Favorite color?
Favorite place to vacation/visit?
Do you have a favorite book?
Can you yodel?   ;D

I guess I could pull one of me over and place it here.

My favoret food is Shrimp Scampi
My favoret color is sky blue
My favoret vacation was when my family went to Pismo Beach
I read so much it is hard to pick a favoret book. I genrally like anything dealing with Merlin that is true to his life.
I have never tried to yodel.
Thank you for the questions.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/07/07 at 11:43 pm

I have something I want to let you guys know.
I know Wayne has painted me as being pretty bad.
I do want you guys to know that he has hid the fact that he has done this from me for this entire time. The only thing I knew about this site I found out about only about 4 months or so ago.
I understand that people here sent Christmas cards to him last year. One day around last Christmas I checked the mail and found one. He would not let me check the mail again so he could be sure to keep the cards from me.
He has kept this a secret from me for as long as he has been on here.
Imagine how you would feel if your partner did that to you. Kept a secret like that.
I have been searching to find out a little about this place because I want to have an idea what he has been doing.
Please understand that when he deleted his account, it was because I started asking him about it.
I want you all to form your own opinion of me.

Written By: snozberries on 12/07/07 at 11:53 pm

Hey Melissa.... I joined the boards a couple of years ago but didn't become active until this past spring or summer... I just wanted to let you know that I've never had exchanges with Wayne about you so when he deleted the account and then you signed up I was kinda in the dark but I have really enjoyed talking to you.

So favorite tv show?

I like this... I think I'm gonna do one too.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/07/07 at 11:56 pm

To tell the truth Q, I really don't watch t.v.
When I do I might catch an episode of CSI.
But I really don't have a favorite, I do have some I don't care for.

Written By: snozberries on 12/07/07 at 11:58 pm

To tell the truth Q, I really don't watch t.v.
When I do I might catch an episode of CSI.
But I really don't have a favorite, I do have some I don't care for.

Well in all fairness you don't have a lot of time... I was thinking more like when you were a kid you had to watch when you were a kid right?

How were you an adopted Romanian for 17 years?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/08/07 at 12:07 am

I have something I want to let you guys know.
I know Wayne has painted me as being pretty bad.
I do want you guys to know that he has hid the fact that he has done this from me for this entire time. The only thing I knew about this site I found out about only about 4 months or so ago.
I understand that people here sent Christmas cards to him last year. One day around last Christmas I checked the mail and found one. He would not let me check the mail again so he could be sure to keep the cards from me.
He has kept this a secret from me for as long as he has been on here.
Imagine how you would feel if your partner did that to you. Kept a secret like that.
I have been searching to find out a little about this place because I want to have an idea what he has been doing.
Please understand that when he deleted his account, it was because I started asking him about it.
I want you all to form your own opinion of me.
I gotta add my take here Melissa. I somewhat disagree here, about you being painted pretty bad. The things I recall or at least the last things I remember Wayne saying about you were extremely flattering and complimetary. Wayne speifically spoke of loving the smell of your hair, and being enamored with other generous areas of your physique. He bragged about you a few times. I'm here a lot and have seen a lot, and I can't remember anything negative about you. but the secretive thing I can relate to. my wife knows about the site, I've spoken to her about some of the people I've met, but it's kinda my thing and she's not that interested in it. We do a lot together, and I love her, but this playground is for me.  8) 

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 12:09 am

Well in all fairness you don't have a lot of time... I was thinking more like when you were a kid you had to watch when you were a kid right?

How were you an adopted Romanian for 17 years?

When I was a kid I was very sheltered. I watched a lot of older Disney and other movies. We did not have cable or really anything. My parents really monitored what we watched. I did like Bugs Bunny though.

When I was in 7th grade I made my first friend. She was Romanian. She had been born in Bucharest and was brought here when she was about 5. Her family basically adopted me and I spent a lot of time around them and the other Romanians that they were associated with. I did learn a bit of Romanian in that time. However, when my baby sister married into that family, Elisabeta (my once bestfriend from Romania) did not like it and called the friendship off.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 12:12 am

I gotta add my take here Melissa. I somewhat disagree here, about you being painted pretty bad. The things I recall or at least the last things I remember Wayne saying about you were extremely flattering and complimetary. Wayne speifically spoke of loving the smell of your hair, and being enamored with other generous areas of your physique. He bragged about you a few times. I'm here a lot and have seen a lot, and I can't remember anything negative about you. but the secretive thing I can relate to. my wife knows about the site, I've spoken to her about some of the people I've met, but it's kinda my thing and she's not that interested in it. We do a lot together, and I love her, but this playground is for me.  8) 

Well I know that he blamed a lot of his absences on me. I know he also has stated about problems he was having in his family life and that he would have to leave to deal with it.

Written By: snozberries on 12/08/07 at 12:12 am

When I was a kid I was very sheltered. I watched a lot of older Disney and other movies. We did not have cable or really anything. My parents really monitored what we watched. I did like Bugs Bunny though.

When I was in 7th grade I made my first friend. She was Romanian. She had been born in Bucharest and was brought here when she was about 5. Her family basically adopted me and I spent a lot of time around them and the other Romanians that they were associated with. I did learn a bit of Romanian in that time. However, when my baby sister married into that family, Elisabeta (my once bestfriend from Romania) did not like it and called the friendship off.

did they want him to marry someone Romanian or something? That's sad.... to lose a friend over something like a marriage. Is the marriage going well? Am I getting to personal....

Oh yeah... now that you've joined I take it you found out how addictive it is right? Maybe W. was being secretive because is so time consuming.. I think if my people knew exactly how much time I was here I would be on that A&E show Intervention next week!  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/08/07 at 12:20 am

Well I know that he blamed a lot of his absences on me. I know he also has stated about problems he was having in his family life and that he would have to leave to deal with it.
selective memory on my part perhaps?  ::)          well, we've all got problems and I believe that there is some dysfunction in even the most normal appearing families. personally, I rarely share my personal life or emotional stuff here. sometimes I'll open up, but not as much as some people do here. whatever was or may have been posted, I don't recall those things for some reason, but the nice ones are kinda vivid. I'd cut him some slack and kiss and hug and learn from it and grow closer.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 12:27 am

did they want him to marry someone Romanian or something? That's sad.... to lose a friend over something like a marriage. Is the marriage going well? Am I getting to personal....

Oh yeah... now that you've joined I take it you found out how addictive it is right? Maybe W. was being secretive because is so time consuming.. I think if my people knew exactly how much time I was here I would be on that A&E show Intervention next week!  ;D

If you get to personal I will let you know simply by saying that I don't feel comfortable with answering something.
No they did not want him marrying my sister. They did want him to marry a Romanian. I feel it is silly that she kissed our friendship goodbye because they got married.

My outlet has always been my family. I understand that Wayne needs outside friends, that is who he is and where we are there are not too many opportunities to find them. I am not addicted to this at all. I just have been trying to figure this place out. Trying to find out what he has been doing here.
I hide absolutely nothing from him and he does hide things from me. I have just felt it a little unfair of him to do so. I am an understanding person, if I have the opportunity to understand something. This I was not given the chance.
selective memory on my part perhaps?  ::)          well, we've all got problems and I believe that there is some dysfunction in even the most normal appearing families. personally, I rarely share my personal life or emotional stuff here. sometimes I'll open up, but not as much as some people do here. whatever was or may have been posted, I don't recall those things for some reason, but the nice ones are kinda vivid. I'd cut him some slack and kiss and hug and learn from it and grow closer.

Wayne carries his heart on his arm and he cannot contain his aggravation when it comes to things. Especially when it comes to me. I know he has said some very complementary things about me as well.
That is what I am trying to do with him by being here. I am trying to find a way for us to grow closer.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/08/07 at 12:49 am

Do you believe in God?

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 12:50 am

Very much so. But see I also believe there is a Goddess as well.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/08/07 at 12:50 am

Very much so. But see I also believe there is a Goddess as well.

Only two? Or are there other Gods?

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 12:53 am

Okay Let's try a different way to put this.
Hi......... I am Melissa
I know a few people out here would like to get to know me; so here you go.
I helped my parents raise chickens and other farm animals.
My mother had 8 children and my dad fathered 6 of them
Only 5 girls remain and I am the 2nd oldest.
I have always wanted to see the Atlantic Ocean.
For 17 years I was an adopted Romanian.
I have had a good deal of experience with different cultures and religions.

Anything you would like to know, feel free to ask me.........I will be happy to answer.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 12:55 am

Only two? Or are there other Gods?

As many as there are stars in the heavens. But only a mother and a father for this relm.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/08/07 at 12:56 am

As many as there are stars in the heavens. But only a mother and a father for this relm.

So do you mean an infinite amount?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/08/07 at 1:08 am

My outlet has always been my family. I understand that Wayne needs outside friends, that is who he is and where we are there are not too many opportunities to find them. I am not addicted to this at all. I just have been trying to figure this place out. Trying to find out what he has been doing here.
I hide absolutely nothing from him and he does hide things from me. I have just felt it a little unfair of him to do so. I am an understanding person, if I have the opportunity to understand something. This I was not given the chance.
Wayne carries his heart on his arm and he cannot contain his aggravation when it comes to things. Especially when it comes to me. I know he has said some very complementary things about me as well.
That is what I am trying to do with him by being here. I am trying to find a way for us to grow closer.
I've always said my wife deserves a medal for enduring me for so long.  I applaud you for your efforts

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 1:13 am

So do you mean an infinite amount?

For infinite relms. But for our relm there is one mother and one father.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/08/07 at 1:16 am

Do you shave your legs?

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 1:18 am

Do you shave your legs?

I am not Mediterainian, yes I do. Do you? ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/08/07 at 1:37 am

Thank you for being open about your reason for being here.
I hope that you find it as interesting a place as I do.

I tell my husband about some of the things that go on here, there isn't anything I wouldn't tell him, it's just he's a very busy man, and his interests (some of them anyways) and my interests are different.  He doesn't often have the patience for my stories.  My husband spends more time on the internet then I do even.  We've tried doing the same things on the internet, for awhile we tried an online game called Second Life (for about a two week period, it WAS practically a second life).  But he got bored with it.  He knows I have friends on message boards, and he's even spoken to my best friend on the phone while I was in the hospital.  I don't tend to make friends offline very much, perhaps this is what Wayne is doing.  It is alot easier being more open especially with society's judgements.  Luckily my husband and I make time for each other offline if one asks the other.  Oftentimes it's really easy to get caught up reading and the hours online just fly by.  Hence why I often complain about my messy house.  ;) ;D

I don't think Wayne has ever been inappropriate with any females on here, to my knowledge anyways.  Its definately easier to make friends online then off.
I still think your spouse is your best friend, and knows you better then anyone else (and SHOULD!)

Anyways, back to questions:

Did you like being in a big family?
Are you close to your family?
Do you live far from them?
Did you want a bigger family other then your daughter?

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 1:50 am

Did you like being in a big family?
Are you close to your family?
Do you live far from them?
Did you want a bigger family other then your daughter?

The answers to your questions are:
No I did not like being in a big family. I was treated more like another number and my parents never had time to pay any attention to any of us.
I have a pretty close family but I am the one that is most disconnected from them by my own choice.
I live in the same town that I grew up in and am related to A LOT of people here. My parents and 2 of my sisters still live in this town. I have 1 sister who lives about 80 miles away and the youngest lives in Georgia right now, where she is stationed with the Navy.
I have always wanted 2 children- a girl (which of course I already have) and a boy. I to have the boy within the next 4 years or I will feel that I am getting to old for another child. I just want to get my degree to provide better for our little family and our 2 bedroom apartment is to small for that right now.

Written By: Davester on 12/08/07 at 1:58 am

If I may, which little town in NorCal did you grow up..?

There are four members (including myself) who live in somewhat close proximity here in the Bay Area...

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/08/07 at 2:03 am

Do you like California?
Do the earthquakes, fires, landslides, crime, price of property scare you?  ;)

If you had the time, money, and everything that may impead you living outside of where you do now, would you move somewhere else?  Any other state or country?

What do you like to read about?

How did you get into the rental management field?

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 2:24 am

If I may, which little town in NorCal did you grow up..?

There are four members (including myself) who live in somewhat close proximity here in the Bay Area...

I am from a little town that is about 60 miles north east of Sacramento named Oroville. Although there is a possibility of moving to Vallejo next fall/winter for a company that I have interview for. They have a property that will be opening up at that time and think that I am a good fit for it.

Do you like California?
Do the earthquakes, fires, landslides, crime, price of property scare you?   ;)

If you had the time, money, and everything that may impead you living outside of where you do now, would you move somewhere else?  Any other state or country?

What do you like to read about?

How did you get into the rental management field?

I have lived in California my entire life. I have never really known anything other then it. I want to move away from it eventually.
The last time there was a real earthquake in the area I am in, it was a year before I was born. I have never really experienced one. Fires never really come to close to us. There is a mountain called table mountain that stands over us (it is kind of a mesa), it catches fire and the smaller towns around us do, but we have never. Never experienced a landslide either, the crime rate where I am is very low (we do hear some scuttle about different gangs that are trying to claim this area, but where I live is genrally pretty quiet.)
I do think that the price of property is exorbitant, but I am not afraid of it.

I would like to live somewhere warm and where it would be possible to see the Atlantic Ocean. I have never seen it. I also have never seen a lightning bug (firefly) and would love to; my mind cannot comprehend them.
I love to read about Mythology. My favorite charactor is The Wizard Merlin. I also love stories about Avalon and Atlantis as well as most Greeko/Roman mythology.

The rental Field I was able to get into because the owner of the apartment complex in which Wayne and I were living approached me and asked if I would like to manage for him. He was not happy with the manager he had and would like to train me to do it. I said yes, I have always wanted to have my own rental properties and it appeared to be a way for me to get my foot in the door.
I love what I do and am good at it.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/08/07 at 2:39 am

I also have never seen a lightning bug (firefly) and would love to; my mind cannot comprehend them.

I really hope that you get that chance!  They are awesome!  Although truthfully, at least where I am in Ohio, there hasn't been as many lightning bugs as there used to be in earlier years.  I'm not sure why that is.

There is a childrens book by Eric Carle called The Very Lonely Firefly, have you ever read it to your daughter? 

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 2:42 am

I really hope that you get that chance!  They are awesome!  Although truthfully, at least where I am in Ohio, there hasn't been as many lightning bugs as there used to be in earlier years.  I'm not sure why that is.

There is a childrens book by Eric Carle called The Very Lonely Firefly, have you ever read it to your daughter? 

I had never heard of it. I will have to go to the library and look for it so I may.

One day I know I will get the opportunity to see one. I look forward to that day.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/08/07 at 2:53 am

You said you lived near a mountain, do you (or can you) hike up it? 

Would you consider yourself athletic?

Do you do anything crafty or collect anything?

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 3:02 am

I have hiked up it in my youth. I actually have a picture on the "Where Have The Snow Shovels Gone" thread.

Yes I do consider myself athletic, I still can do cartwheels and rollerskate with my daughter. I also walk a great deal and love to ride bike with my daughter. In my youth I was a weight lifter and played basketball.

I am very mechanically inclined by nature. So I am very crafty, I use to collect porcelain dolls, teddy bears and dragons; but my collections have gotten so big I stopped.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/07 at 6:32 am

What music do you listen to?

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/08/07 at 7:42 am

You keep going on about wanting to see the Atlantic Ocean. Apparently because you have never seen it ?  ???

http://www.math.buffalo.edu/~sww/St.Thomas.US.VI/18AtlanticOcean2.JPG
*** ^ Ladies & Gentlemen, I now present ... the Atlantic Ocean ! ^  ***  :P

Yeah, what a disapointment ! Looks about the same as the Indian, Pacific, and those other boring oceans !  :P  ;)

Well, now you've seen it .... you can R.I. P. ...... ladyhawk !  :P

What ?  ??? You'd appreciate a question? Alright  :( ... what's your favourite movie then ? (Don't say 'Hawk the Slayer' !  >:(  ;D).

Written By: Tia on 12/08/07 at 10:04 am

*** ^ Ladies & Gentlemen, I now present ... the Atlantic Ocean ! ^  ***  :P

that's so pretty, i'ma name my kid after it! :P

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/08/07 at 10:10 am

You related to Frank Zappa by any chance ?  ???  :P

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 1:56 pm

You keep going on about wanting to see the Atlantic Ocean. Apparently because you have never seen it ?  ???

No I have never seen the Atlantic Ocean in anything other then on t.v. I have seen the Pacific quite a few times; however, people who have lived by it have told me it is very different then the Pacific.
http://sp1.mm-a10.yimg.com/image/425802493

This is my favorite place along the Pacific, it is Pismo Beach. I have been there 2x in my life. Most of the coast line along it does not look like this. It is mainly steep cliffs.

It is pretty from what I have seen and I understand that is much shallower then the Pacific; so it is actually warmer.

You related to Frank Zappa by any chance ?  ???  :P

As far as know I am not related to him.

*** ^ Ladies & Gentlemen, I now present ... the Atlantic Ocean ! ^   ***   :P

Yeah, what a disapointment ! Looks about the same as the Indian, Pacific, and those other boring oceans !  :P  ;)

Well, now you've seen it .... you can R.I. P. ...... ladyhawk !  :P

What ?  ??? You'd appreciate a question? Alright  :( ... what's your favourite movie then ? (Don't say 'Hawk the Slayer' !  >:(  ;D).

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 2:07 pm

Here is the mountain around where I live. I have hiked it many times. It has all kinds of caves in it to go spelunking in. That was something I found to be a lot of fun.

http://sp1.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/4113440632

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/07 at 2:11 pm

http://www.southdownsway.co.uk/images/IMG_5270.jpg

How does the English Channel appeal to you?

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 2:36 pm

What music do you listen to?

Sorry I did not mean to skip you Howard.
I like many types of music. My favorite is actually a mixture of Rock and Opera. That is why I like Meatloaf so much. I also love Celtic music, jazz and heavy metal, I enjoy most style of music save for rap. There are a few rap songs that I find alright but the majority of it, I don't care for.

What ?   You'd appreciate a question? Alright   ... what's your favourite movie then ? (Don't say 'Hawk the Slayer' !    ).

No, Hawk the Slayer is not my favorite movie. That is a really difficult question, as I don't really watch to much in the way of t.v or movies. There are a lot of movies that I like and many that I don't.  Wayne says that he thinks the closest thing to a "favorite" movie is actually.......ready for this(?)......... Full Metal Jacket! I also like the movie "Apocalypse Now". I enjoy movies that involve psychological trips. I am a little out of the norm from most women.  

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/07 at 2:38 pm

I like many types of music. My favorite is actually a mixture of Rock and Opera. That is why I like Meatloaf so much. I also love Celtic music, jazz and heavy metal, I enjoy most style of music save for rap. There are a few rap songs that I find alright but the majority of it, I don't care for.

What ?   You'd appreciate a question? Alright   ... what's your favourite movie then ? (Don't say 'Hawk the Slayer' !    ).

No, Hawk the Slayer is not my favorite movie. That is a really difficult question, as I don't really watch to much in the way of t.v or movies. There are a lot of movies that I like and many that I don't.  Wayne says that he thinks the closest thing to a "favorite" movie is actually.......ready for this(?)......... Full Metal Jacket! I also like the movie "Apocalypse Now". I enjoy movies that involve psychological trips. I am a little out of the norm from most women.  
A good choice of films there, I rate Stanley Kubrick very highly, shame he did not make more films.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 2:52 pm

Actually he does have quite a few other movies. Namely his last 2 were Eyes Wide Shut and Artificial Intelligence (AI). He also was the one that was partially responsible for the classic 2001 Space Odyssey. He actually does have quite a list of movies. Granted not as many as Spielberg, but still Platoon and others are very impressive. AI was the movie he was working on when he died.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/07 at 2:53 pm

Have you seen Barry Lyndon?

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 3:07 pm

Have you seen Barry Lyndon?

I have not had the pleasure as of yet. But I did love A.I

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 3:14 pm

Yeah I have 2 female friends, most of my friends growing up were guys because I actually get along better with them. I have A Lot of things in common with men. I am not too much into womens activities. A lot of my friends always considered me one of the guys. Just with good looks and femininity when it was necessary.
Not too many women could handle me because of some of the things I do. Being a farm girl where there were no boys made me a little more tough in comparison and not to mention my dream career had been to be in the military as an aircraft pilot.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 3:18 pm

Don't get me wrong I am no where near a mascline woman. I am not butch at all. I am very straight.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 3:19 pm

Just very A typical.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/08/07 at 6:26 pm

Do you ever listen to Rufus Wainwright?

Written By: snozberries on 12/08/07 at 6:48 pm

Actually he does have quite a few other movies. Namely his last 2 were Eyes Wide Shut and Artificial Intelligence (AI). He also was the one that was partially responsible for the classic 2001 Space Odyssey. He actually does have quite a list of movies. Granted not as many as Spielberg, but still Platoon and others are very impressive. AI was the movie he was working on when he died.

Kubrick only made 13 films considering he started filmmaking in the 60s that's not a lot. Though almost all of his films are held in high regard.  Personally I only liked The Killing, Lolita & Full Metal Jacket...

Written By: Tia on 12/08/07 at 7:14 pm

2001: a space odyssey is the coolest damn movie ever made. 8)

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 8:34 pm

Do you ever listen to Rufus Wainwright?

No I don't think that I have ever listened to him. I will have to do that. What could you recommend?

Kubrick only made 13 films considering he started filmmaking in the 60s that's not a lot. Though almost all of his films are held in high regard.  Personally I only liked The Killing, Lolita & Full Metal Jacket...

I loved A.I, I also loved the work he did on the Shinning. I agree that 13 movies in a career is not a lot. I do enjoy everything of his that I have seen. I think F.M.J is the bomb.

2001: a space odyssey is the coolest damn movie ever made. 8)

How did you like 2010? I found 2001 to be quite a deep movie with a lot of subversiveness to it.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/08/07 at 8:47 pm

No I don't think that I have ever listened to him. I will have to do that. What could you recommend?

I loved A.I, I also loved the work he did on the Shinning. I agree that 13 movies in a career is not a lot. I do enjoy everything of his that I have seen. I think F.M.J is the bomb.
How did you like 2010? I found 2001 to be quite a deep movie with a lot of subversiveness to it.

Hmm... Listen to "Peach Trees" and "Cigarettes and Coffee."

Written By: Tia on 12/08/07 at 8:48 pm

i liked AI. i feel like a lot of people didn't but it mystifies me when folks see a stephen spielberg movie and then complain cuz it's a little schmaltzy. i mean, dont we know the guy by now? dont see it if you're not okay with the occasional hallmark moment. i thought it was overly sentimental but i was fully prepared for that and i liked it quite a lot.

i thought 2010 was passable well, i grooved on it a lot when it came out but i was a little kid -- it kinda didn't do any of the things 2001 did well. 2001 was deliberately hard to understand and it seemed like 2010 was trying to be the cliffs notes for people who were frustrated because they didn't get the original movie. which i can dig but the explanations 2010 gave weren't satisfying, you left thinking, no, the original movie wasn't really about that. it's supposed to be mysterious.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/08/07 at 9:59 pm

i liked AI. i feel like a lot of people didn't but it mystifies me when folks see a stephen spielberg movie and then complain cuz it's a little schmaltzy. i mean, dont we know the guy by now? dont see it if you're not okay with the occasional hallmark moment. i thought it was overly sentimental but i was fully prepared for that and i liked it quite a lot.

i thought 2010 was passable well, i grooved on it a lot when it came out but i was a little kid -- it kinda didn't do any of the things 2001 did well. 2001 was deliberately hard to understand and it seemed like 2010 was trying to be the cliffs notes for people who were frustrated because they didn't get the original movie. which i can dig but the explanations 2010 gave weren't satisfying, you left thinking, no, the original movie wasn't really about that. it's supposed to be mysterious.

Well that is the point behind subversiveness(2001). It can apply in multiple contexts. I enjoy stuff like that, because that is how my brain works. When I read simple stories I can see multiple different ways that it can be taken.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/08/07 at 10:49 pm

XD It sounds like you're talking decadeology.

Written By: Tia on 12/09/07 at 12:12 am

XD It sounds like you're talking decadeology.
funny thing is, it all came out in the late 60s. but really, because star wars made so much fun of it, it's like it was really in the 70s. and yet! it was all set in the present day. more or less.

and in the dvd extras, there's... the long lost 2001 roller derby scenes!  :o

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/09/07 at 12:25 am

Yeah ... I liked A.I. too. Have watched it 3 or 4 times now.  8)  :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/09/07 at 12:30 am

and in the dvd extras, there's... the long lost 2001 roller derby scenes!  :o

:o

Dude, I must get that!

...  :-[

I'm no movie buff, there are so many classics I've yet to see.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/09/07 at 4:23 am

Melissa's not going to be logging in again for a while, but if you have questions go ahead and ask. I will let her know and she will answer them through me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/07 at 4:48 am

...but 2010 was not Kubrick?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/07 at 4:50 am

Yeah ... I liked A.I. too. Have watched it 3 or 4 times now.  8)  :)
Superb film, saw at the cinema and have watched again (and will many times more) on DVD. Each time I see it, I always see more references to Stanley Kubrick.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/09/07 at 4:50 am

No, 2010 was a different director....Peter Hyams.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/07 at 4:52 am

No, 2010 was a different director....Peter Hyams.
Thanks, saves me looking it up.

Peter Hyams made Capricorn One, I think?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/09/07 at 4:30 pm

Yes he did as well as The Relic,Timecop and as well as others. -Melissa

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/09/07 at 10:18 pm

Melissa- Philip here is what the Pacific ocean looks like in most places.

http://sp1.mm-a10.yimg.com/image/346919304

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/09/07 at 10:26 pm

Melissa's not going to be logging in again for a while, but if you have questions go ahead and ask. I will let her know and she will answer them through me.

Why?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/09/07 at 10:34 pm

Melissa- I have enjoyed playing with you guys, but I am a very busy woman and need to concentrate on what is required of me. I will be logging in every once in a while, but it is difficult to do what is necessary of me and this causes a distraction for me that is hard to work around. I promise it will not be the last you guys see me. I just have to priorities things. Thank you for allowing me to be part of this and for being so enjoyable.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/10/07 at 2:39 am

Melissa- Philip here is what the Pacific ocean looks like in most places.

http://sp1.mm-a10.yimg.com/image/346919304
From watching golf from Pebble Beach on television, I have seen the Pacific Coast and that is rocky with cliffs.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/10/07 at 2:41 am

Wayne, be cool and go down into the basement and untie her so she post.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/10/07 at 3:15 am

Unfortunately, she is now in bed.

She starts Finals in the morning, and has them all this week.
I imagine she'll be out here (probably sneaking in on my account, rather than show everyone that she actually misses it out here).

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/10/07 at 3:18 am

Unfortunately, she is now in bed.

She starts Finals in the morning, and has them all this week.
I imagine she'll be out here (probably sneaking in on my account, rather than show everyone that she actually misses it out here).
Please wish her good luck with her finals.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/07 at 6:55 am

goals for 2008? ???

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/10/07 at 2:09 pm

goals for 2008? ???

Please clarify the question.

Do you mean "what are her personal goals for 2008", or do you mean "2008's Resolutions", or what?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/10/07 at 2:34 pm

Do you mean "what are her personal goals for 2008", or do you mean "2008's Resolutions", or what?
She may play football?

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/10/07 at 6:22 pm

No Philip, I don't play football. I may get back into my weight lifting though or Aerobics.

Written By: Howard on 12/11/07 at 6:41 am

I mean what are your goals for 2008?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/11/07 at 7:35 am

;D  Way to clear up the confusion there Howard

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/11/07 at 7:42 am

I understand what you mean, Howard. I don't think it needs much clarification.

So don't worry. The thread's called "Ask Ladyhawk About Ladyhawk"...not "Ask Hawk..", anyway...  :D

Written By: Tia on 12/11/07 at 9:24 am

i love this board.

Written By: Howard on 12/11/07 at 1:03 pm

Are you into retro things?

Written By: Tia on 12/11/07 at 1:04 pm

yes, i do, but i said i love the board because of the above exchange. it's awesome.

Written By: Howard on 12/11/07 at 1:06 pm

yes, i do, but i said i love the board because of the above exchange. it's awesome.

I was asking ladyhawk,not you. ::)

Written By: Tia on 12/11/07 at 1:14 pm

I was asking ladyhawk,not you. ::)
i hate this board! >:(

Written By: Howard on 12/11/07 at 1:59 pm

i hate this board! >:(

I love you for hating this board. ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/13/07 at 12:05 am

I love you for hating this board. ;D

What are your goals for 2008?

Written By: Howard on 12/13/07 at 6:26 am

What are your goals for 2008?

I thought I asked that question...  ???

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/13/07 at 8:17 pm

I am done with my finals and have some time before my next semester starts.

My goals for 2008 are to work further towards my degree. I also am going to be taking steps to clear up mine and wayne's credit scores. Hopefully by the end of 2008 or 2009 our credit will be greatly cleaned.

Humm, retro things. I am enthralled with the 1920-40s. But I really don't collect anything any longer. I use to study Al Capone and other figures of that time period. I have been to Al's cell at Alcatraz when I was in high school. I got a kick out of it. I would love to see wayne in a zoot suit! I find that time frame to be very romantic.

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/07 at 9:10 pm

I am done with my finals and have some time before my next semester starts.

My goals for 2008 are to work further towards my degree. I also am going to be taking steps to clear up mine and wayne's credit scores. Hopefully by the end of 2008 or 2009 our credit will be greatly cleaned.
Humm, retro things. I am enthralled with the 1920-40s. But I really don't collect anything any longer. I use to study Al Capone and other figures of that time period. I have been to Al's cell at Alcatraz when I was in high school. I got a kick out of it. I would love to see wayne in a zoot suit! I find that time frame to be very romantic.

congratulations on getting thru finals.  & Welcome back see I told ya the board was a little addicting & you gotta admit you were on  more than you planned to be right?  ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/14/07 at 6:30 am

Do you eat healthy?

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/14/07 at 6:14 pm

According to my doctor, I eat perfectly healthy. She wishes that more people would eat the way that I do. Just to give you a little hint about how healthy I eat; I have been a diabetic since 1999, I just had my A1 C which is a long term blood sugar test, and it came back at 5.5; it is considered non diabetic. I have done it completely by my diet.

Written By: Howard on 12/15/07 at 6:29 am

According to my doctor, I eat perfectly healthy. She wishes that more people would eat the way that I do. Just to give you a little hint about how healthy I eat; I have been a diabetic since 1999, I just had my A1 C which is a long term blood sugar test, and it came back at 5.5; it is considered non diabetic. I have done it completely by my diet.

Do you take insulin?  ???

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/15/07 at 12:52 pm

Do you take insulin?  ???

No I don't. Insulin decency is for type 1 diabetics. Meaning you don't produce any insulin on your own. My body does produce insulin, just not quite the right amounts at the right times. Your pancreas is responsible for the insulin, when your pancreas goes haywire that is when you are diabetic. My pancreas isn't sure on what amount is the correct amount of insulin to produce for the amount of sugars my body takes in.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/15/07 at 12:56 pm

How did you exams go?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/15/07 at 3:02 pm

Does Strawberry Jam (Preserve) contain Vitamin C?

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/15/07 at 4:00 pm

How did you exams go?

I only have the grade on one of my classes right now. I know that my grade in Accounting 20 is an A. I am waiting on the results for the rest.

Does Strawberry Jam (Preserve) contain Vitamin C?

I believe that it does. Strawberries are a fruit and fruits have vitamin C.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/15/07 at 4:02 pm

I only have the grade on one of my classes right now. I know that my grade in Accounting 20 is an A. I am waiting on the results for the rest.
Good luck on the others that you do.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/15/07 at 4:04 pm

I believe that it does. Strawberries are a fruit and fruits have vitamin C.
The jam I had earlier had a good taste of Strawberries, then I wonder about the Vitamin C, would it be all lost in the cooking?

Written By: Howard on 12/15/07 at 7:20 pm

What do you do during spare time?

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/15/07 at 9:27 pm

Good luck on the others that you do.

Thank you for the well wishes. I am sure that I did just fine on the others as well

The jam I had earlier had a good taste of Strawberries, then I wonder about the Vitamin C, would it be all lost in the cooking?

I do not think that cooking the strawberries would take out the vitamin C

What do you do during spare time?

Howard,
I really don't get much in the way of free time. I guess in my free time I sleep. Because genrally when I am awake I have so many things going on at once, it is difficult to find any time to do more things then either 1 relax in the bath 2 take a nap or 3 catch up on a little bit of reading.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/15/07 at 11:13 pm

No I don't. Insulin decency is for type 1 diabetics. Meaning you don't produce any insulin on your own. My body does produce insulin, just not quite the right amounts at the right times. Your pancreas is responsible for the insulin, when your pancreas goes haywire that is when you are diabetic. My pancreas isn't sure on what amount is the correct amount of insulin to produce for the amount of sugars my body takes in.

So you've got type 2?

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/16/07 at 1:49 am

So you've got type 2?

That is correct. I am able to control it with diet only, no need for meds yet. I was told that if I keep it up, I won't have to worry about meds for at least another 10 years.
You know diabetics?

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/16/07 at 1:59 am

That is correct. I am able to control it with diet only, no need for meds yet. I was told that if I keep it up, I won't have to worry about meds for at least another 10 years.
You know diabetics?

My mom's got type 2 diabetes, but she injects insulin after every meal. She's pretty serious, I guess... She's had diabetes for over twenty five years, at least.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/16/07 at 2:08 am

My mom's got type 2 diabetes, but she injects insulin after every meal. She's pretty serious, I guess... She's had diabetes for over twenty five years, at least.

Wow she is getting close to type 1. I am sorry to hear that. I have had aunts that have gone from meds to injections. My family is full of diabetics. Both my parents have found out about their diabetees over the last 5 years. My mom's family are all diabetics, it runs rampit in my family. I was the first of my generation to find out. I keep warning my sisters, but they will not listen to me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/16/07 at 2:14 am

I do not think that cooking the strawberries would take out the vitamin C

In that case, I am including that as one of my 5 vegs and fruit per day.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/16/07 at 2:26 am

I wouldn't either. I think it requires a lot more then that for the recommended daily amounts.

Written By: Howard on 12/16/07 at 6:00 am

What's your favorite TV Show?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/16/07 at 7:26 am

I wouldn't either. I think it requires a lot more then that for the recommended daily amounts.
Real strawberries would be nice?

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/16/07 at 8:01 am

Real strawberries would be nice?

They both are, I think she misread it as you deciding not to use the strawberry itself for all five of your vegs/fruits.

... But it does count as one of them, either way!

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/16/07 at 4:05 pm

That is a really difficult question, as I don't really watch to much in the way of t.v or movies. There are a lot of movies that I like and many that I don't.

What t.v. I get a chance to watch I do like the CSI t.v shows and Crossing Jordon as well as Documentaries and things like New Detectives and Forensic Files.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/29/07 at 10:30 pm

Well here I am again sitting at home bored while my husband is out at a bar. I make that sound bad. He is at work running the entertainment at a club and I am home with our daughter. But I am still bored. Sooo ::) I thought I would say "Hi"

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/30/07 at 12:21 am

http://www.studebakerfamily.org/SFNA%20parade%20(5).JPG

Anyone know what this is?

Written By: Howard on 12/30/07 at 5:54 am

A Ford cadillac?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 12/30/07 at 6:10 pm

Its better than my answer... I was gonna say a car!  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/31/07 at 8:46 pm

http://www.studebakerfamily.org/SFNA%20parade%20(5).JPG

Anyone know what this is?

It looks like a '57 Chevy Bel Air, to me.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/01/08 at 12:33 am

I don't think it is...resembles it...but not exactly.

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 1:08 am

I still say its a car

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/01/08 at 1:21 am

I still say its a car

a very sexy one at that! ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/01/08 at 1:23 am

I wonder if it's a '56 Ford Fairlaine?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/01/08 at 2:59 am

it's got those big fins and the 57' had some, but they were much smaller, so that is no Chevy.  I owned a 55 Chevy Bel Air and my friend owned a '57.  this is a unusual piece of metal machinery that is certainly not made any longer.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/08 at 9:08 am

What were your plans for New Years Eve? ???

Written By: ladyhawk on 01/01/08 at 10:32 pm

it's got those big fins and the 57' had some, but they were much smaller, so that is no Chevy.  I owned a 55 Chevy Bel Air and my friend owned a '57.  this is a unusual piece of metal machinery that is certainly not made any longer.

;D gottcha all! It is a Studebaker. Beauty isn't it?!

What were your plans for New Years Eve? ???

I went out with my husband, who had a gig lined up at the bar he runs the entertainment at. I had a wonderful time.
I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years! Welcome 2008!!!

Written By: ladyhawk on 01/01/08 at 10:39 pm

BTW, I am an official member of the Studebaker family line. My great grandmother was one of the Studebaker daughters. So my family built that car.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/02/08 at 7:09 am

Now, here's the $1M Question:
Why did she post a Studebaker on here?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/02/08 at 11:48 am

Now, here's the $1M Question:
Why did she post a Studebaker on here?

She already said...

BTW, I am an official member of the Studebaker family line. My great grandmother was one of the Studebaker daughters. So my family built that car.

Written By: Howard on 01/02/08 at 3:03 pm

How did you have an interest in cars?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/02/08 at 4:15 pm

She already said...

She must've amended that post, when I was sleeping. It happens.

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/08 at 2:56 pm

She must've amended that post, when I was sleeping. It happens.

nah she just hid it in a quote...

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/03/08 at 11:21 pm

How did you have an interest in cars?

Howard it was something my father instilled in me. I am his oldest child. I have 4 sisters and my one and only brother (that lived passed infancy), died young...........so I was the natural choice to instill his knowledge about cars.

BTW Wayne did not sign out and I didn't want to interrupt what he was doing too long. So I answered under his name. It really is Melissa, promise.

Written By: Howard on 01/04/08 at 6:20 am

Do you drive a car? ???

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/08 at 10:10 pm

Do you drive a car? ???

almost everyone in CA drives..you kinda have too to live here.... public transportation sucks in most of the state

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/05/08 at 5:27 am

almost everyone in CA drives..you kinda have too to live here.... public transportation sucks in most of the state

???

Written By: Howard on 01/05/08 at 6:17 am

yeah and New York is one of them. ::)

Written By: ladyhawk on 01/09/08 at 9:44 am

Do you drive a car? ???

Actually I don't drive a car I drive a SUV.

What public transportation? ??? I ride a bus to College. I understand that the public transportation in Hawaii is a lot better then driving there.

Written By: ladyhawk on 01/18/08 at 11:31 pm

I just wanted to pop in and say 'Hi' to everyone.

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/19/08 at 2:07 am

Pop in ? Something I seem to do frequently. As in .........

"Hi !, Ladyhawk ! "  :D
      http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9824/alaneu0.gif

Written By: Howard on 01/19/08 at 5:56 am

Hello. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/08 at 6:41 am

Hello!

Written By: gibbo on 01/19/08 at 6:53 am

G'day

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/19/08 at 1:45 pm

Greetings and salutations.  :)

When you were a little girl, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Written By: Howard on 01/19/08 at 3:28 pm

What's the worst job you've had?

Written By: ladyhawk on 01/19/08 at 5:04 pm

Greetings and salutations.   :)

When you were a little girl, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I have always be enthralled with the sky. I wanted to be a pilot when I was a little girl. It is still something I will achieve one day, I will get my pilots license. I have since a child wanted also to be involved in rental properties. I want my own. With what I currently do, I will be there one day.

What's the worst job you've had?

Well when I was 15 I had a job as a file clerk in our county library. One thing you never want to do is have a kid sitting still like that sorting through index cards for a long period of time. I physically could not stay awake. My boss would walk over and find me crashed out sleeping. It did not matter how much sleep I got at night, it always happened. I did not last more then a month at that. That had to be the worst job I have ever had.

Written By: Howard on 01/21/08 at 6:27 am

Do you drink coffee?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/21/08 at 11:20 pm

Do you drink coffee?

Asking Melissa if she drinks coffee is like asking you if you think about sex, Howard. ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/22/08 at 6:44 am

Asking Melissa if she drinks coffee is like asking you if you think about sex, Howard. ;D

So,Would that be a yes or no?  ???

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/22/08 at 7:22 am

So,Would that be a yes or no?  ???

If I may be of some assistance.   I'll try to explain this S -----L---------O------------W-------L---Y

Howard. Do you think about sex ? 

NO ?? !  (WTF !  :-X   .... I don't believe it  :-\\   .... I just DON'T BELIEVE IT ! ) .  :-X

What's that ? You thought I said 'Six' ?   Oh .... I must have been hanging around Luke too long ! (Sorry Luke !  :P :D ).

What ? .... So ... you want to change your answer to 'Do bears .... in the wood ?  OH ! I take that as a 'YES' !   :-X

Well, you see Howard   :-\\   .... since your answer is so obviously 'YES' ...... than it is (will be)  the same answer to 'Does Melissa drink Coffee ?'.

As in 'does Melissa drink coffee' .... does a 'bear etc;'

Got that ?  :-\\

I hope that wasn't TOO fast  ..............  :-X

:P  :D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/22/08 at 11:17 am

Well-stated, Alan!

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/22/08 at 5:20 pm

Well-stated, Alan!

Thanks Wayne. I tried to be gentle with the young man. I hope I wasn't too rough on him there.  :-\\    :-X  Well, he's always got the porn to take solace in !  :P  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/16/08 at 8:19 pm

Hi Melissa. Been a while. What's been happening ?

:)

Written By: ladyhawk on 04/22/08 at 5:57 pm

Been really busy with work home and school. I am sick right now. I think I have the beginnings of the flu.  8-P

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/22/08 at 6:28 pm

Been really busy with work home and school. I am sick right now. I think I have the beginnings of the flu.  8-P

Sounds like you're run down ... working too hard. Get that hubby to serve you up some of that Sumatran tea he recommended to me ?

Written By: ladyhawk on 04/22/08 at 6:43 pm

I am run down. I am trying to take it easier today. He did make me up some tea with licorice root.

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/22/08 at 7:17 pm

Breakfast in bed tomorrow !

Still doing gym work-outs ?

Love your sig. dragons btw ... one of the most distinctive on the boards !

Written By: ladyhawk on 04/22/08 at 7:28 pm

No I wish I could stay in bed tomorrow, but I have class in the morning. Teela (our daughter) has a dentist appointment in a town about 20 miles from where we live and I have work right after class. My Wednesdays are very busy. Not to mention I have a midterm final that is due in the morning.

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/22/08 at 7:44 pm

I don't envy you. That all sounds VERY hectic .... and feeling less than 100% ... BAD timing ! Good luck with the 'final'.

Written By: ladyhawk on 04/22/08 at 7:50 pm

Oh I am sure I will do fine on the mid term. It is just in Pilates class.
Thanks for the well wishes. Yes it is very hectic.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 04/22/08 at 9:22 pm

Oh I am sure I will do fine on the mid term. It is just in Pilates class.
Thanks for the well wishes. Yes it is very hectic.

She will do fine, as long as that ball doesn't give her trouble! ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/22/08 at 9:56 pm

Get plenty of rest. ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/23/08 at 8:44 am

Suddenly ful has hit me, I am on the Honey and Lemon now.

Written By: Howard on 04/23/08 at 3:33 pm

How's your job coming along?

Written By: ladyhawk on 04/23/08 at 4:27 pm

Work is always the same. I work hard and am under appreciated by my bosses. I am getting very weery of my job. I can't wait to move to the next step.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 04/23/08 at 4:43 pm

So, do you have a favorite music group or artist?

Written By: ladyhawk on 04/23/08 at 5:24 pm

Me Wayne? You know that I don't have a favorite except for maybe you. I have rather eclectic tastes in music.

Written By: ladyhawk on 05/22/08 at 7:36 pm

It has been a while since anyone wrote to me on here so I just wanted to say Boo. I guess I have scared everyone away.  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/22/08 at 7:41 pm

It has been a while since anyone wrote to me on here so I just wanted to say Boo. I guess I have scared everyone away.  ;D ;D ;D

Melissa !  ???  :o    ???

http://www.atypically.net/smilies/jawdrop.gif

http://forum.pc-freakz.com/style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif

http://forum.pc-freakz.com/style_emoticons/default/eekout.gif

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/22/08 at 8:23 pm

Have you ever heard the song "Melissa" by the Allman Brothers Band?  Do you like it?  Has Wayne ever sung it to you?

How do you normally take your coffee?

How'd you do on your Pilates test the other day?
Exactly what do you have to do for a test on Pilates anyways?  ???

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/22/08 at 8:31 pm

Have you ever heard the song "Melissa" by the Allman Brothers Band?  Do you like it?  Has Wayne ever sung it to you?

Exactly what do you have to do for a test on Pilates anyways?  ???

Patty (bookmistress) evidently, is not so easily scared. On reflection, about the only thing that scares me .... is looking in the mirror ?

:D

Written By: midnite on 05/22/08 at 11:44 pm

What is a ladyhawk?  A female hawk?  A woman who can fly?  A small town in Wyoming?

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/22/08 at 11:49 pm

What is a ladyhawk?  A female hawk?  A woman who can fly?  A small town in Wyoming?

... and also wife, to 'HawktheSlayer'      ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 05/23/08 at 1:40 pm

What are some of your favorite comics?

Written By: ladyhawk on 05/27/08 at 6:09 pm

Exactly what do you have to do for a test on Pilates anyways?   ???

I am quite familiar with the song. I do like it. No Wayne has never sang it to me. Up until about 2 weeks ago he had never heard it. I finally got him to sit down and listen to it. Maybe he will sing it to me one of these days.

Normally I take 1 sweetener and 2 creamers in my coffee. I don't like it too sweet and too much cream will give me heart burn. Although I can drink it with only 1 sweetener or a little bit of cream. I have tried it straight black, but don't care to drink it that way.

Of course I aced my Pilate's exam as well as the entire class.

For the test I had with two other ladies take the entire class through a complete 10 minute work out as if I was the instructor. I had to explain what the moves were and what muscles the moves worked and how they helped in the work out.

Ladyhawk is a movie from 1985 that stars Michelle Pfeiffer, Rutger Hauer, Matthew Broderick, Leo McKern and John Wood. It happens to be one of my favorites. I figured with my husband being known as hawktheslayer on here I should have a name that could be associated with him.  Hence LadyHawk.

What are some of your favorite comics?

My favorite Comics? Hmmm. Well I really like Storm from the X-men. I am not too familiar with that many comics, so that is about all I can think of.
I am really more of a classical works of literature type lady.

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/27/08 at 6:13 pm

^

Hi Melissa.    :)

So ... what are some of your favorite classic literary works ?    ???

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/27/08 at 6:15 pm

Oh yes .... what's YOUR report of your recent wedding anniversary. Did Wayne do a good job of looking after you on the day ? Careful, now !  ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 05/27/08 at 6:26 pm

My favorite Comics? Hmmm. Well I really like Storm from the X-men. I am not too familiar with that many comics, so that is about all I can think of.
I am really more of a classical works of literature type lady.

Okay, cool.

Written By: ladyhawk on 05/27/08 at 8:14 pm

So ... what are some of your favorite classic literary works ?    ???

My favorite literary works include most all Shakespear, Homer, Virgil, Charles Dickens, T.H White among some others.

Oh yes .... what's YOUR report of your recent wedding anniversary. Did Wayne do a good job of looking after you on the day ? Careful, now !   ;D

My report of our wonderful anniversary is that he did an excellent job. The hotel room was better then I had expected or even dreamed. The only thing that could have made it better is if there had been strawberries to go with the champagne. I loved every moment of it and did not want to come home.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/27/08 at 9:50 pm

hey Melissa. so what did you have to eat for your anniversary dinner at the Sierra Nevada Taproom?  was it good, was it tasty, was it scrumptious?  :)  whatever you had, I'm sure it was excellent.

Written By: ladyhawk on 05/28/08 at 5:06 pm

At the Tap Room I had Shrimp Scampi Capenelli. It was divine. Shrimp Scampi is my favorite.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/28/08 at 5:41 pm

At the Tap Room I had Shrimp Scampi Capenelli. It was divine. Shrimp Scampi is my favorite.
excellent choice.  i love shrimp scampi too. sounds divine

Written By: ladyhawk on 05/28/08 at 6:07 pm

It was divine. The Tap Room knows how to cook shrimp just right. They were so full of flavor, not over cooked or under cooked. They just exploded with flavor when you bit in to them. Wayne also ordered me a glass of white wine with it. He really knows my tastes. The wine was just perfect.

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/28/08 at 6:17 pm

It was divine. The Tap Room knows how to cook shrimp just right. They were so full of flavor, not over cooked or under cooked. They just exploded with flavor when you bit in to them. Wayne also ordered me a glass of white wine with it. He really knows my tastes. The wine was just perfect.

A great night !  :)  8)

You MUST be looking forward to your 7th !    :D    ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/28/08 at 6:32 pm

Melissa, that was one of the best food/restaurant reviews ever.  I'm glad you guys had a nice enjoyable anniversary.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/28/08 at 7:51 pm

That review was great.  You made me hungry (and I'm not even really fond of shrimp that much)  ;D

Do you like flavored coffee? 
When did you first start drinking coffee?

I recently read a "Homemade spa treatment" article which said if you mix instant coffee grounds with witch hazel and put it on your face for awhile, it really stimiulates your face or something.  I haven't done it yet, because I'd probably end up with a stained face and look like I was out in the sun too long or something.  :o ;D

Are you taking any time off from school (the summer)?

Written By: ladyhawk on 05/29/08 at 4:34 pm

Do you like flavored coffee? 
When did you first start drinking coffee?
Are you taking any time off from school (the summer)?

I do like all kinds of flavored coffee. My favorite is peppermint mocha actually. It comes out around the holidays if you can find it.

I first started drinking coffee back in 1997 when I was working in a delicatessen. I was being trained on making speciality coffee and developed a taste for it.

I am taking time off for the summer, I will return to college for the fall semester that begins in August. 

Written By: ladyhawk on 07/11/08 at 7:17 pm

I had a few minutes to spare so I thought I would stop in and say "Hi".

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/11/08 at 9:19 pm

Hi Melissa!  Glad you stopped in for a visit.

Did you happen to bring enough coffee for all of us?  :D ;D

Written By: ladyhawk on 07/17/08 at 4:34 pm

My coffee pot is almost always going. Plenty for all.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed the hands acquire shakes the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone that sets my mind in motion.

Written By: ladyhawk on 08/14/08 at 4:44 pm

Just poping in to say hi again. I am at work and nobody is busting down my door right now and I am kind of bored. My office is just too quiet today.

Check for new replies or respond here...