inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Hawk About: Cthulhu

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/12/07 at 3:12 am

Some of you may know that I make references to "Cthulhu" or "H.P. Lovecraft".

Perhaps you don't know what they are, or perhaps want to see if I'm insane yet!
So- ask away!

Subject: Re: Ask Hawk About: Cthulhu

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/12/07 at 8:46 am

Alrighty, I'll bite!  What the hell are "Cthulhu" and "H.P. Lovecraft"?

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/07 at 11:58 am

and how the hell do you pronounce "Cthulhu"

Written By: danootaandme on 12/12/07 at 2:57 pm

Lovecraft is a premier horror writer.  I still look over my shoulder when walking in the North End of Boston or in Providence, Rhode Island, all because of Cthulu

Written By: Midas on 12/12/07 at 3:30 pm

So, are you insane yet?  :D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/12/07 at 7:29 pm

H(oward) P(hillips) Lovecraft was a "Gothic" horror write who died in 1937.
He lived in Providence, RI, and New York, primarily.
He created his famous "Cthulhu Mythos" roughly around 1910.
In a nutshell-

Great Cthulhu is one of a malevolent race, called "The Great Old Ones", who ruled various points of the universe millions of years ago, and them many of them were banished either to the deepest reaches of space, or on Earth. In Cthulhu's case, he was banished to a sunken city called "R'lyeh", rumored to be either in the Devil's Triangle, or in the Bermuda Triangle.
Roughly once every 500 years, R'lyeh rises, and the human cults of Cthulhu worship him, attempting to restore a gate to the waking world, for Dread Cthulhu to return and rule.

and how the hell do you pronounce "Cthulhu"

Pronounced "kuh-THOO-loo"

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/13/07 at 8:53 pm

Cthulhu loves me, this I know.
'Cause the High Priest tells me so.
He's my lord, all dank and wet.
He won't eat me, not just yet!

So anyways, why isn't Cthulhu running for President?  After all, everyone says they're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/13/07 at 9:00 pm

So anyways, why isn't Cthulhu running for President?  After all, everyone says they're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils...

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/5/59/Cthulhu-elections.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/13/07 at 10:04 pm

That's what I'm talkin' about!  Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn and I vote!

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/14/07 at 3:23 am

So, are you insane yet?  :D

Not yet, but I have, on occasion, watched a bunny disappear in the local Jewish cemetery.
What made it strange is that the bunny was singing "Comfortably Numb".

Apparently, Congress refuses to acknowledge the Elder Party.
Also- they don't like the thought of the President having the power to drive the nation insane...they reserve that for themselves!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/14/07 at 3:29 am

Have you ever played or looked at the Cthulhu roleplaying game?  How close does it come to the book?  What about the movie Necronomicon from 1993?  It was pretty gory and somewhat cheesy, did it have much basis of the stories as they were written?  I'm more of a Edgar Allen Poe fan myself.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/14/07 at 3:49 am

Have you ever played or looked at the Cthulhu roleplaying game?  How close does it come to the book?  What about the movie Necronomicon from 1993?  It was pretty gory and somewhat cheesy, did it have much basis of the stories as they were written?  I'm more of a Edgar Allen Poe fan myself. 

I own the "Call Of Cthulhu" RPG book, 3rd Ed.- Chaosium.
I like it, because you're playing in the 1920s, in which most of the stories were happening.
WOTC (Wizards Of the Coast) screwed it up so badly!
(I also own two playing modules- Terror From the Stars, & Fragments Of Fear.)

As for Lovecraftian movies:

-Necronomicon: Yes, the gore and cheese factor were there, but besides that, they did a halfway OK job with the stories "Cool Air" and "The Rats On the Walls" (the first tale). Condensed and somewhat modernized, but halfway OK.

Films which come a bit closer to the mark, and that I would recommend:

-The Dunwich Horror (cheesy for the '60s, but fairly accurate on the storyline...except what happens to Wilbur Whateley in the end.)

-Re-Animator (again, more modernized than I like, but Jeffrey Combs does a good job of portraying the arrogant-yet-crazed-yet-genius Herbert West. He just should've dyed his hair platinum- in the story, West is called "a towheaded little freak".)

-The Haunted Palace (good Vincent Price film, based loosely off of "The Case Of Charles Dexter Ward".)

-Dagon (a bit closer to the mark, and it mixes two stories into one tale: "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" and "Dagon".)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/14/07 at 3:51 am

Also- they don't like the thought of the President having the power to drive the nation insane...

You mean we don't have that already???  ??? ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/14/07 at 6:28 am

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/5/59/Cthulhu-elections.gif

That image reminds of a Pac Man goblin. :o

Written By: Midas on 12/14/07 at 10:15 am

That kinda looks like Hulk Hogan...dontcha think...brother?    :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/14/07 at 11:46 pm

The most merciful thing in the Universe, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate its contents.  And you had to mention Pac-Man in a Cthulhu thread.  I knew there was a reason why they only dared to show the Pac-Man ghosts naked in 320x240 resolution in a 1980s video game.  Why Pac-Man could travel right through Blinky, but only if the angles were right.  Why Buckner and Garcia spoke of a fever, a fever that was driving them crazy, and now... thanks to you, now the horror of that realization is loosed upon the world...

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/15/07 at 4:21 am

Pac-Man goblins...= Hounds of Tindalos?

Meaning: Pac-Man = Frank Belknap Long?

-And if "Pac-Man Fever" relates to this, then that must mean the song "Do the Donkey Kong" relates to....

*shudder* The horror!

Written By: Howard on 12/15/07 at 6:22 am

That kinda looks like Hulk Hogan...dontcha think...brother?    :D

Not in the least bit. ::)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/15/07 at 2:40 pm

Not in the least bit. ::)

Howard kinda reminds me of someone in a Lovecraft novel.

Written By: Howard on 12/15/07 at 7:22 pm

Howard kinda reminds me of someone in a Lovecraft novel.

Ooh which one?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/16/07 at 4:38 am

Ooh which one?

In looks- probably Randolph Carter.

Carter was an inventive dreamer, born of a wealthy shipbuilding family.
However, he was questioned following the disappearance of his friend/colleague, Harley Warren.

-Details of this tale are found in "The Statement of Randolph Carter".

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/02/08 at 7:18 am

I understand that Dread Cthulhu is indeed tossing in his hat, for the White House!
While he has yet to annouce his running mate, rumor has it that his hated brother Hastur (aka "He Who Must Not Be Named) is retaliating, by running for the Republicans!

Written By: Davester on 06/12/11 at 10:33 pm

Great Cthulhu is one of a malevolent race, called "The Great Old Ones", who ruled various points of the universe millions of years ago, and them many of them were banished either to the deepest reaches of space, or on Earth. In Cthulhu's case, he was banished to a sunken city called "R'lyeh", rumored to be either in the Devil's Triangle, or in the Bermuda Triangle.
Roughly once every 500 years, R'lyeh rises, and the human cults of Cthulhu worship him, attempting to restore a gate to the waking world, for Dread Cthulhu to return and rule.

Dangit, that would suck...

Written By: ralfy on 09/27/16 at 8:43 am

"New ‘Re-Animator’ Film is More Remake than Sequel"

http://www.horror-movies.ca/2016/09/new-re-animator-film-remake-sequel/

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/27/16 at 1:31 pm

"New ‘Re-Animator’ Film is More Remake than Sequel"

http://www.horror-movies.ca/2016/09/new-re-animator-film-remake-sequel/

It's been a long time since this thread was mentioned, and I don't even think that post was relevant to the thread.

Written By: ralfy on 09/27/16 at 10:56 pm

It's been a long time since this thread was mentioned, and I don't even think that post was relevant to the thread.

I considered the references to Lovecraft and Re-Animator in the first page and decided to use this thread to share the news.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/16 at 11:22 pm

I considered the references to Lovecraft and Re-Animator in the first page and decided to use this thread to share the news.

Had you considered starting a new topic for this subject?

Written By: ralfy on 09/28/16 at 9:40 am

Yeah, but I found the point about Lovecraft notable. Interestingly enough, one of the periods when stories about the weird became popular took place right before WW2.

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/16 at 10:22 am

Yeah, but I found the point about Lovecraft notable. Interestingly enough, one of the periods when stories about the weird became popular took place right before WW2.

Phillip's point is.... instead of spamming every thread with a link you want people to see (and presumably discuss) you can start your own thread and call it... I don't Interesting links or Stuff only I want to talk about or something else relevant.... and keep those post there and anyone interested in clicking a link you post can do so and I don't know... maybe someone will even talk to about what it is that makes that stuff interesting (or uninteresting) since the internet seems to be full of people who prefer to disagree about stuff..

at any rate.  Please keep your posts in threads relevant to the topic at hand and please feel free to start your own thread for these posts.

Written By: ralfy on 09/28/16 at 8:25 pm

Phillip's point is.... instead of spamming every thread with a link you want people to see (and presumably discuss) you can start your own thread and call it... I don't Interesting links or Stuff only I want to talk about or something else relevant.... and keep those post there and anyone interested in clicking a link you post can do so and I don't know... maybe someone will even talk to about what it is that makes that stuff interesting (or uninteresting) since the internet seems to be full of people who prefer to disagree about stff..

at any rate.  Please keep your posts in threads relevant to the topic at hand and please feel free to start your own thread for these posts.

The post is obviously relevant given the point that the thread is about Lovecraft and his creations, as seen in the first message.

Next, you refer to my posts as "spamming." That refers to unsolicited advertisements. If so, then it won't matter whether I post in this thread or in a new one, as you would still refer to my messages as such.

Finally, I don't agree with the claim that what I post is "spam," but if that is the view of the admins, then I will stop sharing news.

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/16 at 9:13 pm

The post is obviously relevant given the point that the thread is about Lovecraft and his creations, as seen in the first message.

Next, you refer to my posts as "spamming." That refers to unsolicited advertisements. If so, then it won't matter whether I post in this thread or in a new one, as you would still refer to my messages as such.

Finally, I don't agree with the claim that what I post is "spam," but if that is the view of the admins, then I will stop sharing news.

Actually....the point of this thread was to ask a former member HawkTheSlayer about it. He hasn't been a member in forever.

If you want to talk about lovecraft then start a thread about lovecraft  and TALK about it but this is a Q&A thread not a discussion thread.

I consider your posts spamming when I go into 10 or 20 threads and see you post a couple
Of words and then a link.

I will not click on your links because I don't trust them... You can say what the link is but just because you say that's what it's about doesn't mean that's where it goes...

Ultimately you are not discussing anything. You just post a link and leave. And post and leave and post and leave. ( I looked. You did this 15 times today and about 26 times yesterday)

If I'm the only one who finds this annoying then so be it but I suspect I am not.

Written By: ralfy on 09/30/16 at 1:53 am

Actually....the point of this thread was to ask a former member HawkTheSlayer about it. He hasn't been a member in forever.

If you want to talk about lovecraft then start a thread about lovecraft  and TALK about it but this is a Q&A thread not a discussion thread.

I consider your posts spamming when I go into 10 or 20 threads and see you post a couple
Of words and then a link.

I will not click on your links because I don't trust them... You can say what the link is but just because you say that's what it's about doesn't mean that's where it goes...

Ultimately you are not discussing anything. You just post a link and leave. And post and leave and post and leave. ( I looked. You did this 15 times today and about 26 times yesterday)

If I'm the only one who finds this annoying then so be it but I suspect I am not.

I'll be more than happy to continue what Hawk started, and like subsequent users, add to the thread. Feel free to contribute something on-topic to this thread any time.

Spam refers to unsolicited advertisement. That's not what I've been sharing. You can easily see for yourself by reading the title of the article and even click on the link.

If there is anything that you don't understand in what I post or want more details, feel free to ask any time. You may also share your views about what Hawk started. For example, for now, I find it intriguing that this new version of a Lovecraftian film is a remake because it comes closer to the original atmosphere of the tales. I recall the same discussion with earlier plans to make a film version of At the Mountains of Madness. Any thoughts on that?

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/16 at 9:21 am

I'll be more than happy to continue what Hawk started, and like subsequent users, add to the thread. Feel free to contribute something on-topic to this thread any time.

Spam refers to unsolicited advertisement. That's not what I've been sharing. You can easily see for yourself by reading the title of the article and even click on the link.

If there is anything that you don't understand in what I post or want more details, feel free to ask any time. You may also share your views about what Hawk started. For example, for now, I find it intriguing that this new version of a Lovecraftian film is a remake because it comes closer to the original atmosphere of the tales. I recall the same discussion with earlier plans to make a film version of At the Mountains of Madness. Any thoughts on that?

You can type whatever want and atrach a different link than what it says.

B you are not hawk do you cannot take over Hawks Q&A thread. You can start a new discussion in a decades thread or you can start your own lovecraft Q&A thread but this is not your thread to "take over"

You assume what you posts aren't spam.  I disagree.

Forum spam consists of posts on Internet forums that contains related or unrelated advertisements, links to malicious websites, trolling and abusive or otherwise unwanted information.

Since I don't see many people (or anyone) replying to your link posts it's a safe bet they don't find it any more compelling of any more desire to click the links than I do.

If I'd wanted to do is anything you posted with you any further I would have but so far I'm not interested in any link you've posted.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/30/16 at 5:27 pm

Phillip's point is.... instead of spamming every thread with a link you want people to see (and presumably discuss) you can start your own thread and call it... I don't Interesting links or Stuff only I want to talk about or something else relevant.... and keep those post there and anyone interested in clicking a link you post can do so and I don't know... maybe someone will even talk to about what it is that makes that stuff interesting (or uninteresting) since the internet seems to be full of people who prefer to disagree about stuff..

Is Hawk even still around??  It seems to me he might have had a very specific ideal when he originally posted this.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/30/16 at 5:32 pm

Is Hawk even still around??  It seems to me he might have had a very specific ideal when he originally posted this.
Hawk has left the boards, and was last active in June 2010. If he has e-mail notifications he may come back?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/30/16 at 5:38 pm

Hawk has left the boards, and was last active in June 2010. If he has e-mail notifications he may come back?

He's on Facebook.  He seems to be more interesting in Monty Python than other things. :)

Written By: ralfy on 10/16/16 at 9:40 am

You can type whatever want and atrach a different link than what it says.

B you are not hawk do you cannot take over Hawks Q&A thread. You can start a new discussion in a decades thread or you can start your own lovecraft Q&A thread but this is not your thread to "take over"

You assume what you posts aren't spam.  I disagree.

Forum spam consists of posts on Internet forums that contains related or unrelated advertisements, links to malicious websites, trolling and abusive or otherwise unwanted information.

Since I don't see many people (or anyone) replying to your link posts it's a safe bet they don't find it any more compelling of any more desire to click the links than I do.

If I'd wanted to do is anything you posted with you any further I would have but so far I'm not interested in any link you've posted.

What information about Cthulhu and Lovecraft did I share that you did not want?

Spam doesn't refer to something to which people don't reply. For all you know, they have no opinion on the matter.

If you're not interested in what I share, then don't read it.

Written By: ralfy on 10/16/16 at 9:44 am

When I read subsequent posts from various forum members, I see a thread that discusses anything about Lovecraft and Cthulhu.

Written By: snozberries on 10/16/16 at 11:41 am

What information about Cthulhu and Lovecraft did I share that you did not want?

Spam doesn't refer to something to which people don't reply. For all you know, they have no opinion on the matter.

If you're not interested in what I share, then don't read it.

your links are what I consider unwanted information... it's not that you post links it;s that you post a link and offer no real information no discussion... and you post them in a lot of threads...  this is the most dialogue i've seen in a post from you... 

When I read subsequent posts from various forum members, I see a thread that discusses anything about Lovecraft and Cthulhu.

no one is saying you can't talk about these two subjects we are only asking you create your own thread on the topics rather than posting in another members thread.... more specifically rather than reviving a thread that died years ago...

what is so hard about that?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/16/16 at 3:15 pm

But nobody really finds it useful. If you made a thread about pop culture news, then why couldn't you just post it there? I may get that it's related to the topic, but I don't think a lot of people would click any of the links.

no one is saying you can't talk about these two subjects we are only asking you create your own thread on the topics rather than posting in another members thread.... more specifically rather than reviving a thread that died years ago...

Well, sometimes I find it amusing. It gives me vibes of where this site used to be popular during the 2000s. Now, it just seems like a small hangout for nostalgic people, who somehow like to post on certain message boards.

Written By: snozberries on 10/16/16 at 3:53 pm

But nobody really finds it useful. If you made a thread about pop culture news, then why couldn't you just post it there? I may get that it's related to the topic, but I don't think a lot of people would click any of the links.

this! 

create a thread of pop culture factoids or news and post all the links you want there.... you can discuss it with people there... or explain what it is you think is relevant about the link you post don't just drop a link and say speaking of ______ and then leave.... 

Well, sometimes I find it amusing. It gives me vibes of where this site used to be popular during the 2000s. Now, it just seems like a small hangout for nostalgic people, who somehow like to post on certain message boards.

I agree that some thread revivals are interesting however I vehemently disagree with someone taking over another person's Q&A thread... he more than free to create his own thread but this one belongs to someone else... whether they are here to post in it or not.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/16/16 at 8:44 pm

this! 

create a thread of pop culture factoids or news and post all the links you want there.... you can discuss it with people there... or explain what it is you think is relevant about the link you post don't just drop a link and say speaking of ______ and then leave.... 

He actually did made a thread on pop culture news. It's a bit successful.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=54193.0

But yet, he still posts a lot of information outside of his thread. I'm not sure why, but it has to deal with how relevant the topic is to him.

I agree that some thread revivals are interesting however I vehemently disagree with someone taking over another person's Q&A thread... he more than free to create his own thread but this one belongs to someone else... whether they are here to post in it or not.

Yeah. There's no reason why could an individual's Q&A thread should be revived that much. If somebody had to revive my Q&A thread in 10 years, then people wouldn't really think it seems cool, since I wouldn't even be here for that long. Unless the 2020s tend to predict that it wouldn't be as good as the 2000s, in my opinion.

Written By: snozberries on 10/17/16 at 4:08 pm

But yet, he still posts a lot of information outside of his thread. I'm not sure why, but it has to deal with how relevant the topic is to him.

the topic may seem relevant to him but it seems no one is replying or making any contributions about the links he's posting... perhaps if he made an effort to tell people what he's posting and why he thinks it's relevant then maybe the discussion would continue.... right now.... to me they feel like spam no matter how much he disagrees with me I will continue to hold this opinion until he actually starts a dialogue around the links he posts.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/17/16 at 4:11 pm

the topic may seem relevant to him but it seems no one is replying or making any contributions about the links he's posting... perhaps if he made an effort to tell people what he's posting and why he thinks it's relevant then maybe the discussion would continue.... right now.... to me they feel like spam no matter how much he disagrees with me I will continue to hold this opinion until he actually starts a dialogue around the links he posts.

Well, other people replied on his thread in the first two pages. But they stopped for some reason. However, most of ralfy's posts don't really seem to have a lot of context within either topics he go through with.

Written By: ralfy on 10/21/16 at 11:04 am

your links are what I consider unwanted information... it's not that you post links it;s that you post a link and offer no real information no discussion... and you post them in a lot of threads...  this is the most dialogue i've seen in a post from you... 

Didn't I raise several points in my recent post here?

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=30001.msg3489039#msg3489039

Not only are you not reading my posts, you keep going off-topic in this thread.

That's it. Since you have nothing important to say and insist on censoring others (i.e., you only want people to post what you think is important to you), then I will ignore the rest of what you say.

Now adding you to my ignore list.

Written By: ralfy on 10/21/16 at 11:09 am

But the whole board is about pop culture news. If I follow your advice, then I'll be posting every message in only one thread.

Wait a minute: isn't this supposed be a pop culture forum about things from the past? If not, then what's the point of having '70s, '80s, and '90s sections.

Finally, why are we still discussing this in a thread about Lovecraft and Cthulhu? Perhaps you can create a thread elsewhere and we can continue this discussion there.

Written By: ralfy on 10/21/16 at 11:15 am

Yeah. There's no reason why could an individual's Q&A thread should be revived that much. If somebody had to revive my Q&A thread in 10 years, then people wouldn't really think it seems cool, since I wouldn't even be here for that long. Unless the 2020s tend to predict that it wouldn't be as good as the 2000s, in my opinion.

That's a specific thread about remakes, etc., and only because several of the films are not discussed in any thread. The same goes for the world cinema and music threads.

I don't understand the next point: are you saying that forum members are allowed to post messages only in a thread that they created?

From what I read, other forum members were raising other questions and answering them in this thread. See for yourself.

Finally, why not use this thread about continuing discussions about Lovecraft, etc.? Anyone who doesn't find that interesting doesn't have to read this thread. For example, for those interested, some updates on the recent film festival:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/10/inside-the-h-p-lovecraft-film-festival-and-cthulhu.html

with points about new Kickstarters, etc.

Written By: snozberries on 10/21/16 at 12:26 pm

That's it. Since you have nothing important to say and insist on censoring others (i.e., you only want people to post what you think is important to you), then I will ignore the rest of what you say.

I'm not trying to censor you... if anything I'm asking you to be more active by actually talking about the links you post instead of just posting links without commenting on them.

Also I'm asking you to CREATE YOUR OWN THREAD ON THIS TOPIC SO YOU CAN KEEP THE DISCUSSION GOING in a more relevant plane than the ask me thread... this is not YOUR ask me thread... 
It's pretty simple and I'm not the only one asking it.

Someone else please relay this message maybe that way he'll finally hear it.  ::)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/21/16 at 1:46 pm

But the whole board is about pop culture news. If I follow your advice, then I'll be posting every message in only one thread.

Wait a minute: isn't this supposed be a pop culture forum about things from the past? If not, then what's the point of having '70s, '80s, and '90s sections.

Finally, why are we still discussing this in a thread about Lovecraft and Cthulhu? Perhaps you can create a thread elsewhere and we can continue this discussion there.

Yeah, but INTERRUPTING someone's thread, which is also a personal Q&A one, doesn't really serve any purpose as to why you're posting it. It's true that most of these threads are about pop culture, but posting something that isn't entirely relatable to the thread doesn't make it look good.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/21/16 at 2:33 pm

That's a specific thread about remakes, etc., and only because several of the films are not discussed in any thread. The same goes for the world cinema and music threads.

Then why couldn't you just make another thread about specific movie news? It's not hard, and it doesn't cause a lot of thread bumps. Even if it doesn't really serve that much context towards the original thread. I create threads whenever I want to talk about a specific topic, so that I wouldn't have to deal with another thread that doesn't serve my purpose.

I don't understand the next point: are you saying that forum members are allowed to post messages only in a thread that they created?

No. I didn't say anything about that. I'm only saying that you've been bumping countless threads, especially if nobody really wanted to read them. I mean, Philip Eno makes countless posts about the news, but at least he makes his own threads on them. He doesn't really bump 10 year old threads, simply for the fact that it's related on what he's talking about.

From what I read, other forum members were raising other questions and answering them in this thread. See for yourself.

Yeah, but you haven't done any of that. You've been basically spreading news articles on threads that weren't even replied by anybody, and yet nobody cared.

Finally, why not use this thread about continuing discussions about Lovecraft, etc.? Anyone who doesn't find that interesting doesn't have to read this thread. For example, for those interested, some updates on the recent film festival:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/10/inside-the-h-p-lovecraft-film-festival-and-cthulhu.html

with points about new Kickstarters, etc.

Have you even see the threads after you replied to them? Nobody has ever responded to any of your links, and that might be the case because it's not like people are willing to respond to them. Maybe if you made a few more threads, which is not that hard, then maybe you wouldn't get this controversy.

Written By: #Infinity on 10/21/16 at 7:11 pm

Didn't I raise several points in my recent post here?

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=30001.msg3489039#msg3489039

Not only are you not reading my posts, you keep going off-topic in this thread.

If you're going to be so stubborn about reviving numerous old threads by linking to tepidly related articles, then why don't you at least add your own input to all the discussions you're attempting to spark? The way you get defensive about all of the topics you don't discuss in your own words makes it seem like you're trying to be your own boss, force-feeding articles to everybody without listening to any questions. It's one thing to revive lots old threads because you genuinely want to engage in some stimulating conversation, but it's totally another matter to essentially dictate whatever random topic off your head you want to other people to chat about and then ignore them when they tell you they're not interested in your barrage of topics posted just for the sake of revival.

It's like having somebody else crushing on you, even though you aren't interested in them due to differing interests and the fact that that other person tries to force conversation rather than communicate with you naturally. If they were outraged at you for asking them to leave you alone and then persisted with the same pleas for attention, wouldn't you get uncomfortable and annoyed very quickly? Actually, it would be even more of a nuisance in this situation because you never contribute to any of the threads you revive yourself, so in the analogy, the person crushing on you would pretty much just ask you to state your own opinion about various matters, only to receive no personal feedback whatsoever.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/21/16 at 7:18 pm

There is a reason why old threads have this:

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/21/16 at 8:23 pm

If you're going to be so stubborn about reviving numerous old threads by linking to tepidly related articles, then why don't you at least add your own input to all the discussions you're attempting to spark? The way you get defensive about all of the topics you don't discuss in your own words makes it seem like you're trying to be your own boss, force-feeding articles to everybody without listening to any questions. It's one thing to revive lots old threads because you genuinely want to engage in some stimulating conversation, but it's totally another matter to essentially dictate whatever random topic off your head you want to other people to chat about and then ignore them when they tell you they're not interested in your barrage of topics posted just for the sake of revival.

It's like having somebody else crushing on you, even though you aren't interested in them due to differing interests and the fact that that other person tries to force conversation rather than communicate with you naturally. If they were outraged at you for asking them to leave you alone and then persisted with the same pleas for attention, wouldn't you get uncomfortable and annoyed very quickly? Actually, it would be even more of a nuisance in this situation because you never contribute to any of the threads you revive yourself, so in the analogy, the person crushing on you would pretty much just ask you to state your own opinion about various matters, only to receive no personal feedback whatsoever.

K+1!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 10/21/16 at 8:24 pm

There is a reason why old threads have this:

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Cat

Yup

Written By: nally on 10/21/16 at 10:38 pm

*golf clap* Play on!!

You have explained everything perfectly. O0

Check for new replies or respond here...