inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask the TigerMystic

Written By: TigerMystic on 01/01/08 at 5:36 pm

Ask, and you shall receive.  Exactly what  you'll receive, though, I can't guarantee--

http://z.about.com/d/hinduism/1/0/N/5/sacredcow.gif

;) ;D ;)

Subject: Re: Ask the TigerMystic

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 6:07 pm

Ask, and you shall receive.  Exactly what  you'll receive, though, I can't guarantee--

http://z.about.com/d/hinduism/1/0/N/5/sacredcow.gif

;) ;D ;)

how come Tigerrmystic uses a cow yogi icon in the initial post

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 6:08 pm

how come you never went here and asked me any questions?  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=29934.0

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 6:09 pm

Did you know that your sig pic was an ad for Chick-fil-a?

Oh yeah I told you that.....

Have you ever eaten at a Chick-fil-a?

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 6:10 pm

Does it annoy you when I ask each question in an individual post?  I'm trying to get to 5000 before the 15th. 

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 6:10 pm

Do you know the way to san jose?

okay that last one was a joke....

Written By: TigerMystic on 01/01/08 at 6:15 pm

how come Tigerrmystic uses a cow yogi icon in the initial post

If you are artistically talented and can create a "tigermystic" graphic or pic for me, I'll happily switch!  No tigermystic images were available via Google.

The world is SOOOOOOO incomplete--  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 6:16 pm

If you are artistically talented and can create a "tigermystic" graphic or pic for me, I'll happily switch!  No tigermystic images were available via Google.

ah well I like the cow anyway!  but you knew that didn't you?

Written By: TigerMystic on 01/01/08 at 6:28 pm

ah well I like the cow anyway!  but you knew that didn't you?

"Everything I do, I do it for..."
;D ;D ;D

Re: Questions above--Yes, I ate at a Chick-Fil-A (or however it is spelled) once, many moons ago, at a mall.  I am not a fast food person, but when you're in a mall and gotta eat--

I'm great with directions.  So, armed with Google Maps (or a private plane and a chauffeur), I could assuredly find my way to San José.  Right now, though, the question is :  Why  would I want to?!?

Hey, you want 5,000 posts by the 15th?  Fine.  I wish you luck.  Just don't hijack my thread, girl, or you're dead!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 7:15 pm

I could have sworn there was a matching pic http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Saiera/Moodset/Calvin%20and%20Hobbes/crazy.gif of Hobbes but I couldn't find it.

This Wise Tiger Speaks The Truth http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o23/TigraDelNorte/hobbes.jpg

Intuitive Hobbes http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q183/dreaminsnow/hobbes_200_225-1.jpg

Philosophical Hobbes http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k194/14kels/Calvin%20and%20Hobbes/Godsownimage.gif

yeah I got nothing!

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 7:17 pm

"Everything I do, I do it for..."
;D ;D ;D

Re: Questions above--Yes, I ate at a Chick-Fil-A (or however it is spelled) once, many moons ago, at a mall.  I am not a fast food person, but when you're in a mall and gotta eat--

I'm great with directions.  So, armed with Google Maps (or a private plane and a chauffeur), I could assuredly find my way to San José.  Right now, though, the question is :  Why  would I want to?!?

Hey, you want 5,000 posts by the 15th?  Fine.  I wish you luck.  Just don't hijack my thread, girl, or you're dead!  ;D

too late... okay I'll take a break  ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/02/08 at 6:29 am

How'd you come up with the name?

Written By: TigerMystic on 01/02/08 at 10:05 am

How'd you come up with the name?

Thanks for asking, Howard!  :)

I'm quite fond of Jon Anderson (of Yes).  "Tiger mystic" is mentioned in one of his songs on his "In the City of Angels" album, a tune called "Top of the World (The Glass Bead Game)."

BTW, "fond" is quite the understatement.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/02/08 at 3:04 pm

What do you do for a living?

Written By: nally on 01/02/08 at 3:18 pm

Thanks for asking, Howard!  :)

I'm quite fond of Jon Anderson (of Yes).  "Tiger mystic" is mentioned in one of his songs on his "In the City of Angels" album, a tune called "Top of the World (The Glass Bead Game)."

BTW, "fond" is quite the understatement.  ;)

That's wonderful. :) I thought maybe the "tiger" part had to do with Hobbes of Calvin & Hobbes, because you have a picture of them in your avatar.

Written By: TigerMystic on 01/02/08 at 6:02 pm

That's wonderful. :) I thought maybe the "tiger" part had to do with Hobbes of Calvin & Hobbes, because you have a picture of them in your avatar.

Well, now that I think of it, there are lots of reasons that could justify my chosen name!  I was born in the Year of the Tiger; the tiger was our high school mascot; I love Calvin & Hobbes; I am interested in mysticism, mystics, past lives, telepathy, astrology, metaphysics, etc.  I've had a fair number of mystical experiences myself, too.  So, yea, the name kinda fits for a number of reasons!  :)

Written By: TigerMystic on 01/02/08 at 6:50 pm

What do you do for a living?

Right now I am attending school and not working.  This is my last semester (I do hope!).  I'm itching to get back to work again.  I hope to land a job this year with the National Park Service or a company like Davey Tree that does environmental research and assessment.

Written By: nally on 01/02/08 at 10:56 pm

Well, now that I think of it, there are lots of reasons that could justify my chosen name!  I was born in the Year of the Tiger; the tiger was our high school mascot; I love Calvin & Hobbes; I am interested in mysticism, mystics, past lives, telepathy, astrology, metaphysics, etc.  I've had a fair number of mystical experiences myself, too.  So, yea, the name kinda fits for a number of reasons!  :)

Awesome!!!!!!! ;) 8) You learn something new every day!

Written By: Howard on 01/03/08 at 6:29 am

Would you prefer to work part or full time?  ???

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/04/08 at 10:05 pm

I made you a Tiger Mystic, I don't know if you'll like it or not, but I can fix it any way you want.

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/08 at 10:06 pm

I made you a Tiger Mystic, I don't know if you'll like it or not, but I can fix it any way you want.

that's pretty awesome!  Good job!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/04/08 at 10:37 pm

Here's another if you'd prefer

Written By: Howard on 01/05/08 at 6:19 am

Here's another if you'd prefer

I like this one. :)

Written By: TigerMystic on 01/05/08 at 10:49 am

Would you prefer to work part or full time?  ???

I think it's going to come down to ability rather than preference.  I'm going to start off part-time, I believe, because of my disability, which is what knocked me out of the work force nearly six years ago.  But I'd like to work full-time for the stimulation and the $$$.  Guess I'll have to see when it comes time to cross that bridge!  :)

Written By: TigerMystic on 01/05/08 at 10:57 am

How thoughtful and creative of you, bookmistress!  Thanks so much!  :) :) :)

Both pics have their attractiveness.  I'm leaning towards Hobbes-ers for obvious reasons, but something seems to need a tweak--I'm just not sure what.  The orange of Hobbes?  The stark background?  I dunno!

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/08 at 11:16 am

the turban needs to come just a little more forward...other than that it's perfect!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/05/08 at 1:56 pm

Here is another version I played with today

Written By: nally on 01/05/08 at 2:07 pm

hey, that's even cooler than the above ones!! :D ;)

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/08 at 2:49 pm

that's the one I like.... more karma coming your way....

edited to say crap.... I really gotta stop handing the karma out so freely!

Written By: Howard on 01/05/08 at 3:26 pm

I think it's going to come down to ability rather than preference.  I'm going to start off part-time, I believe, because of my disability, which is what knocked me out of the work force nearly six years ago.  But I'd like to work full-time for the stimulation and the $$$.  Guess I'll have to see when it comes time to cross that bridge!  :)

What kind of disability do you have? ???

Written By: TigerMystic on 01/05/08 at 5:23 pm

Bingo!!!!  :)  Absolutely fantastic!  Merci beaucoup!  :)

Written By: TigerMystic on 01/05/08 at 5:35 pm

What kind of disability do you have? ???

Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) as well as a dissociative disorder, the latter which seems to be less and less problematic, thankfully.  They both have adversely impacted my schooling, too, such that at times I've only been able to deal with one course a semester.  It's made for a very  long bachelor's degree program...

But hey, I have a 3.99 GPA, so I'm not gonna complain too  much!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/08 at 6:41 pm

Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) as well as a dissociative disorder, the latter which seems to be less and less problematic, thankfully.  They both have adversely impacted my schooling, too, such that at times I've only been able to deal with one course a semester.  It's made for a very  long bachelor's degree program...

But hey, I have a 3.99 GPA, so I'm not gonna complain too  much!  ;D  ;D  ;D

shoot I graduated high school with a 1.8 but had 3. something in college... I hated high school

Written By: nally on 01/05/08 at 7:59 pm

Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) as well as a dissociative disorder, the latter which seems to be less and less problematic, thankfully.  They both have adversely impacted my schooling, too, such that at times I've only been able to deal with one course a semester.  It's made for a very long bachelor's degree program...

And I thought I had a long bachelor's degree attempt, with this being my tenth year in college! :o :D

But hey, I have a 3.99 GPA, so I'm not gonna complain too much!   ;D  ;D  ;D

I'm proud of ya!! :D Mine's only 2.something...I always try my best in school, even if the class I'm taking is tough.

Written By: snozberries on 09/10/11 at 4:59 pm

I MISS YOU!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!!!!!

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/11/11 at 1:42 am

Speaking of whom... (all links SFW, I just don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it)

Hobbes and Bacon, Part 1 of 1

Hobbes and Bacon, Part 2 of 2

Alas, the genius behind Pants are Overrated didn't continue what was, by far, the worthiest epilogue to Calvin and Hobbes since that motivational poster whose source I didn't feel like tracking down tonight.

Check for new replies or respond here...