inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wanna ask me sumthin? Anything? Ha Ha Ha!!

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/09/08 at 12:48 am

Heck, I tried this once and I had a couple of questions about PB&J sandwiches, so I never bothered again, but I'm feeling crazy and decided to try again...ask me anything, and I'll answer as truthfully as I can.  Ask me about Bristol Va, my kids, my hubby, my uncle or dad who make wigs for Broadway and TV...ask me what I cooked for dinner last night, whatever!!!!!!!  LOL!!!!    :) :D ;D :o

Subject: Re: Wanna ask me sumthin? Anything? Ha Ha Ha!!

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/09/08 at 11:00 am

Heck, I tried this once and I had a couple of questions about PB&J sandwiches, so I never bothered again, but I'm feeling crazy and decided to try again...ask me anything, and I'll answer as truthfully as I can.  Ask me about Bristol Va, my kids, my hubby, my uncle or dad who make wigs for Broadway and TV...ask me what I cooked for dinner last night, whatever!!!!!!!  LOL!!!!    :) :D ;D :o
Alrighty, I'll bite.  Where have you been?  We haven't seen you in a while.

Written By: loki 13 on 03/09/08 at 11:33 am

Okay, I have a few questions. Does Bristol have two different police forces? How does a divided town collect taxes?
Are there any houses or businesses that sit on the VA - TN border? Last but not least, why such a long absence, is
everything alright?

Written By: Howard on 03/09/08 at 4:40 pm

What do you do for a living?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/08 at 7:37 pm

How are your kids doing? How was your vacation? :)

Written By: snozberries on 03/09/08 at 11:01 pm

I was going to ask about your user name but I figured out on my own as my alter ego is known as arramat  ;D but rarely QT. . .

Have you lived in Virginia long?

Have you ever been to the Chesapeake House?  is it true that its gone now?

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/10/08 at 10:35 am

Alrighty, I'll bite.  Where have you been?  We haven't seen you in a while.

No where, right here in boring old Bristol.  :D

December and January were extremely crazy around here and I never had much time to get on the computer...then I sort of enjoyed not being on the computer for a while, but like most others who decide to take a break from here, I just couldn't stay away.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/10/08 at 10:54 am

Okay, I have a few questions. Does Bristol have two different police forces? How does a divided town collect taxes?
Are there any houses or businesses that sit on the VA - TN border? Last but not least, why such a long absence, is
everything alright?

Man, I typed out a nice post and hit the wrong button...dang it! 

Bristol is really two different cities and the only thing they share is the name, everything else is separate.  Different police department, fire departments, government, even different sales tax.  So if I shop in Tn. I'll pay 8.25% sales tax and only 4.50% in Va.. 

We have our "famous" State Street, one side is Virginia and across the street is Tennessee.  It is possible to be in two states at one time by standing in the middle of the street.

Here is an old postcard...
http://www.bristolhistoricalassociation.com/images/storeimg/mulepostcard.jpg

Awww, thanks for asking.  Everything is fine, I just needed a break.  :)

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/10/08 at 10:55 am

What do you do for a living?

Right now I am a stay-at-home-mom.  Before I had kids, I worked in banking for many years.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/10/08 at 10:58 am

How are your kids doing? How was your vacation? :)

:)

My kids have been sick just about all winter...you name it, they've had it.  Megan even got strep while on vacation.  >:(

Our vacation was super (even though Megan got sick), if you ever got to Orlando stay at the Nick Hotel, it is perfect for kids.  They could have stayed in the pool all day instead of going to any parks.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/10/08 at 11:08 am

I was going to ask about your user name but I figured out on my own as my alter ego is known as arramat   ;D but rarely QT. . .

Have you lived in Virginia long?

Have you ever been to the Chesapeake House?  is it true that its gone now?

You are so smart, my husband couldn't figure it out.  ;D

When I was a kid my friends and I decided that we were going to call ourselves by our backwards names, I was Lorac Enna.  I think I was the only one that had something that you could pronounce.  ;D

I grew up in New York and moved down here when I got got married.  My husband grew up in this area and we decided that this would be a great place to live.  I got married when I was 20, back in 1989 so I've been down here almost 19 years.  :o :o 

I've never heard of the Chesapeake House but I do have a Chesapeake Bay Retriever named Baxter. 

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/08 at 11:26 am

You are so smart, my husband couldn't figure it out.  ;D

When I was a kid my friends and I decided that we were going to call ourselves by our backwards names, I was Lorac Enna.  I think I was the only one that had something that you could pronounce.  ;D

I grew up in New York and moved down here when I got got married.  My husband grew up in this area and we decided that this would be a great place to live.  I got married when I was 20, back in 1989 so I've been down here almost 19 years.  :o :o 

I've never heard of the Chesapeake House but I do have a Chesapeake Bay Retriever named Baxter. 

my friends and I started doing it in the mid 90s  one of my friends was icats and the other was cram!  my last name sucks tho sniksag....it sounds like slang for something bad.  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/10/08 at 12:28 pm

my friends and I started doing it in the mid 90s  one of my friends was icats and the other was cram!  my last name sucks tho sniksag....it sounds like slang for something bad.   ;D

My maiden name backwards is Nabru.

One of my firends was llij the other was ydnew.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/10/08 at 2:39 pm

Did you get any souvenirs while on vacation?

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/10/08 at 7:59 pm

My maiden name backwards is Nabru.

One of my firends was llij the other was ydnew.   ;D
Maybe this is a regional thing.  I was nonnahs and my friends were assilem and ynot!  Also, Lorac is that great brand of allergin-free make-up.

Anyhow, is everyone feeling better now?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/10/08 at 8:36 pm

I know you're a Rankin-Bass fan.  Have you seen the movie Mad Monster Party?  If so, are you as addicted to it as I am?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dJUbv6h4_s

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/11/08 at 11:17 am

Did you get any souvenirs while on vacation?

The kids got a bunch of junk and I got a nightshirt that has a picture of Grumpy (from Snowwhite) on it.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/11/08 at 11:22 am

Maybe this is a regional thing.  I was nonnahs and my friends were assilem and ynot!  Also, Lorac is that great brand of allergin-free make-up.

Anyhow, is everyone feeling better now?

Must be!

The used to be a bridal/dress shop near us called Lorac's.

I've heard of it but I've never actually tried the make-up.  Does Sephora carry it?

I think we're finally getting better...*knock wood*

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/11/08 at 11:23 am

I know you're a Rankin-Bass fan.  Have you seen the movie Mad Monster Party?  If so, are you as addicted to it as I am?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dJUbv6h4_s

I haven't seen it in a long time, the last time it was on my daughter made me change the channel.

Written By: Howard on 03/11/08 at 2:35 pm

What's your favorite kind of music? ???

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/11/08 at 7:08 pm

Must be!

The used to be a bridal/dress shop near us called Lorac's.

I've heard of it but I've never actually tried the make-up.  Does Sephora carry it?

I think we're finally getting better...*knock wood*
Yes, Sephora sells Lorac.

Written By: loki 13 on 03/11/08 at 9:20 pm

Have the masses started to arrive yet, I suppose your town should double in population this week?  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/12/08 at 1:07 pm

What's your favorite kind of music? ???

I like all kinds of music.

I guess Rock n Roll is my favorite.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/12/08 at 1:08 pm

Have the masses started to arrive yet, I suppose your town should double in population this week?  ;D

Maybe even more than double, since they keep adding seats.  I've noticed more traffic today, it'll be worse by Friday.

Written By: Howard on 03/12/08 at 2:37 pm

How's the weather over there?

Written By: snozberries on 03/16/08 at 7:31 pm

why?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/16/08 at 8:49 pm

why?

Hope Carol won't be too angry that I answered her question for her, but because of Nascar race in Bristol

03/16/08 Food City 500 Bristol Motor Speedway

Written By: snozberries on 03/16/08 at 9:20 pm

Hope Carol won't be too angry that I answered her question for her, but because of Nascar race in Bristol

03/16/08 Food City 500 Bristol Motor Speedway

How do you confuse a NASCAR fan?

Turn right

;D

I don't remember where I first heard this but I fell out laughing!!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...