inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Unsolved Mysteries - ask me.

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/24/08 at 10:05 pm

I've been a big fan of the show since I was about 12, especially the older episodes (from about 1988 to 1993/'94) when it had the grainier filming and the stories were more dramatic. I like the Wanted, Lost Loves and Missing Persons cases especially. I'm familar with a majority of the stories and even visit a message board where lots of people talk about it (I've never posted though).

Subject: Re: Unsolved Mysteries - ask me.

Written By: Davester on 07/24/08 at 10:25 pm

Um, like where is it filmed..?

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/24/08 at 10:58 pm

They stopped making new episodes in the early '00s, and it was totally cancelled after Robert Stack died in 2003. :( He sometimes went on-location (I think moreso in the earlier days) but the telecenter was in LA.

Written By: coqueta83 on 07/24/08 at 11:05 pm

Do you plan on watching the new version when it's supposed to come to Spike TV later this year?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/24/08 at 11:14 pm

OMG! Robert Stack died?

I had no idea! How did he die? I really liked him. Gosh. I feel bad for not knowing. How'd the poor guy die.  :(

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/24/08 at 11:39 pm

Do you plan on watching the new version when it's supposed to come to Spike TV later this year?

Oh yeah I'm looking forward to it (even if it'll never quite be the same). I heard something about that on their message board. :) I hope they still do reruns and updates of the older cases, and that it has a similar feel, but anything is better than nothing.

OMG! Robert Stack died?

I had no idea! How did he die? I really liked him. Gosh. I feel bad for not knowing. How'd the poor guy die.  :(

Yeah it's sad. :( I think it was a heart attack. He seems like he was in good shape, but he was about 83 so at least he lived a good, long life. He was a great guy though, and I hate when icons pass away.

Written By: midnite on 08/19/08 at 5:17 pm

Was there an episode discussing the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/19/08 at 5:30 pm

^^Hey^^

I was watching the History channel and they said that Hoffa's remains were incinerated YEARS ago.  :( I don't know how true it is, but it was on one of thier "History's Mysteries" specials.

I have too much time on my hands.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/19/08 at 6:56 pm

Are there any episodes on Area 51?

Written By: Davester on 08/20/08 at 7:48 pm

^^Hey^^

I was watching the History channel and they said that Hoffa's remains were incinerated YEARS ago.  :( I don't know how true it is, but it was on one of thier "History's Mysteries" specials.

I have too much time on my hands.

I heard Hoffa was buried in that landfill along with the millions of unsold Atari E.T. cartridges...

Check for new replies or respond here...