inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask me anything Moddy Blues Related

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/20/08 at 7:17 pm

Go ahead ask me... Its my favorite band of all time. Opps mispelled it Moody Blues.. What a dolt I am :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Subject: Re: Ask me anything Moddy Blues Related

Written By: gibbo on 09/20/08 at 7:38 pm

Go ahead ask me... Its my favorite band of all time. Opps mispelled it Moody Blues.. What a dolt I am :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

That's okay GJ...you mispelled oops too ;D

Moody Blues were a great band.... Nights In White Satin is still my favourite and one of their later hits..The Voice holds some fond memories for me... :)

Do you know if this was Justin Haywards first band?

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/20/08 at 8:31 pm

That's okay GJ...you mispelled oops too ;D

Moody Blues were a great band.... Nights In White Satin is still my favourite and one of their later hits..The Voice holds some fond memories for me... :)

Do you know if this was Justin Haywards first band?
No his first band was The Wilde Three when he was a teenager 17 I think.

Written By: nally on 11/17/08 at 10:41 pm

No his first band was The Wilde Three when he was a teenager 17 I think.

Interesting...so did he form any other bands before becoming a member of the Moody Blues?

also...what is your favourite single/album of theirs?

Subject: Re: Ask Green Jello anything Moody Blues Related

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/16/08 at 7:15 pm

Damn ... I've ONLY just seen this thread, or I'd've been in before, Deb.    :-[    :(

Re the misspelling ... that's fixed up, easily enough. Just select  'modify message' ... and alter the title ( in  the white bar .... next to 'Subject:)   :)

It's no secret .... that I'm a big fan of theirs .... and rate 'To our children's childrens' children ... as their best.

Of the classic seven.... what's yours ? And the ones that followed ..... do you regard them ALL highly ? Personally, I think the 'wheels started to fall off' around the time of 'The Present' .... and my purchases of their albums more or less ended there.

Are you familiar with ALL their solo albums, particularly from the 70's ? What is /are your favorites ?

I think the Blue Jays collaboration was probably the best ... BUT ... I particularly love some tracks off of 'From Mighty Oaks' .... 'Love is the key' ... being my personal fave ... but, 'Adam and I' .... 'From Mighty Oaks' .. and 'I wish we could fly' ..... are all very good for me, too !

:)

Check for new replies or respond here...