inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask me anything about...Katharine Hepburn!

Written By: Zeb on 02/06/09 at 10:56 am

Well go ahead :)

Subject: Re: Ask me anything about...Katharine Hepburn!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/07/09 at 4:41 pm

Hi Zeb!  :)

I have a few questions:

--Is it true that while filming the movie "Bringing Up Baby" that Katherine was almost attacked by the big cat posing as her pet?

--Did she really date Spencer Tracy or were they just friends?

--Are there any photos of Katherine with Michael Jackson? I know they used to be friends in the 1980s.

--Is she related to Audrey Hepburn?

--How many films did she make with Cary Grant?

Thanks!  :)

Written By: Silver Power on 02/13/09 at 8:49 am

Is it true that Katharine Hepburn is actually still alive, but lives in an underground cave with 2Pac and JFK?

Written By: Zeb on 02/13/09 at 9:54 am

Hi Zeb!  :)

I have a few questions:

--Is it true that while filming the movie "Bringing Up Baby" that Katherine was almost attacked by the big cat posing as her pet?

--Did she really date Spencer Tracy or were they just friends?

--Are there any photos of Katherine with Michael Jackson? I know they used to be friends in the 1980s.

--Is she related to Audrey Hepburn?

--How many films did she make with Cary Grant?

Thanks!  :)

1.) I doubt it.

2.) Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy had a long and very loving relationship. They first met when they were making their first of nine movies together Woman of the Year in 1942. You see, Spencer Tracy was married and had kids one of whom was def. Tracy was also a devout catholic so he would never leave his wife. Kate had been married only once to a man she called Luddy but that did not last long and was early in her career.  She also had a nice romance with Howard Hughes. Spencer Tracy was, for all of her adult life, the one and only man for her; shortly after making Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner Spencer died. 

3.) Katharine Hepburn and Michael Jackson friends? Well, that’s the first I’ve heard of it. 

4.) I think three, Philadelphia Story, Holiday(not to be confused with Roman Holiday) and Bringing up Baby.

5.) No, Audry and her were not related.

Written By: Zeb on 02/13/09 at 10:28 am

Here are some examples of Katharine Houghton Hepburn smoking fools and talking noise 8).

Her Bel Air home always had a real log fireplace going even in the summer. 

She started wearing those famous slacks back when she was in college at Bryn Mawr; a woman’s college in Pennsylvania. 

Sometimes, if her friends in the business were out at a party for the evening, she would break into their homes just to have a look around.

She loved collecting flowers, but not from a florist. If she saw some wild flowers along the side of the road or sidewalk, by god, she would just reach down and pick them to bring home with her. 

When Barbara Walters asked her if she ever owned a skirt K-Hep replied. “yes, and I’ll wear it to your funeral.” 

She hated the ending to Woman of The Year because it called for her character, a very socially active and educated woman, to show despair when she failed at her domestic endeavors. 

If you have any other questions just feel free.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/13/09 at 9:08 pm

Hi Zeb!

Thanks for the info! And yes, Michael and Katherine Hepburn were friends. Jane Fonda introduced them when Katherine was filming the movie On Golden Pond in 1981. I even have a clip of her speaking about MJ in Michael Jackson the Legend Continues. That was the first time I had heard about them being friends. Michael was friends with a lot of old hollywood. I don't blame him, KH was a great actress.  :)

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/16/09 at 3:18 pm

what is Catherine's claim to fame?

did she ever try singing instead of acting?

what is she most famous for?

what movies did she do in her 20's?

in the 20's?

did she ever fall in love?

what year was her 21st birthday and how did she celebrate it?

middle name?  I heard it was Karen.

Written By: Tia on 03/16/09 at 3:20 pm

did she do her own stunts?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/27/09 at 12:19 am

How did she get along with Henry Fonda on the "On Golden Pond" set?

Wasn't On Golden Pond one of her last movies?

Had she won any Oscars?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/30/09 at 1:32 pm

Hey!

I know that towards the end of her life, Katherine had a noticable head tremor. Did she suffer from Parkingson's Disease? (My father has it and I'm interested in any one with it--like Michael J. Fox.)

Thank you!  :)

Written By: Zeb on 04/27/09 at 4:14 pm

Hey!

I know that towards the end of her life, Katherine had a noticable head tremor. Did she suffer from Parkingson's Disease? (My father has it and I'm interested in any one with it--like Michael J. Fox.)

Thank you!  :)

I don't know if it was Parkinson's disease although it sure looked that way.  She won an Oscar for On Golden Pond. She only appeared at the Oscars once in 1975 or thereabout here she is...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNQAFm2OYXQ

Written By: Zeb on 05/12/09 at 8:25 pm

Happy 102 Code Red wherever you are 8) ;D :D

Check for new replies or respond here...