inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Apollonia 1986 ANYTHING Else!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/03/09 at 1:01 pm

Hi Everyone!

As many of you know, I have threads for Michael Jackson, Prince and Jimmy Stewart, but those aren't the only things I know about. So I'm opening a thread for any other questions you mght want to ask me!

PLEASE ASK AWAY! 

Thank you!  ;D

Subject: Re: Ask Apollonia 1986 ANYTHING Else!

Written By: woops on 05/03/09 at 1:09 pm

What's yout opinion about Deborah Gibson, hair metal, and vintage animation (mainly Warner Bros. & Disney)?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/03/09 at 1:28 pm

Hi Woops!  ;)

Debbie Gibson: I like her. I  thought she was cool back in the 80s and I like her now. She's like an older verion of Britney Spears. (you know with out the insanity)

Hair Metal: I love it. CC Deville from Poisin is my homeboy! I wish the look would come back. It was awesome!

Vintage Animation: I am a huge fans of all things vintage. Old card, old homes, vintage clothing. So of course I enjoy watching vintage cartoons. Cartooning really is an art and Disney and WB brought it to the forefront with thier shorts and later, full legnth feautres. I used to watch them, all the time on tv. I love Merry Melodies with Porky, and Bugs and Daffy and more obscure characters like Screwball Squirrel. (or was that Tex Avery?) And I love all the Disbney movies like Fantasia and Snow White. It's all good and one day when I have kids I' will share it with them!

Wonderful questions! Please ask more!  ;D

Written By: woops on 05/03/09 at 1:51 pm

Screwy Squirrel was from MGM, though Tex Avery did worked at Warner Bros in the '30's up to 1941 where he created Daffy Duck & directed the first official Bugs Bunny cartoon A Wild Hare".

added: link to brief history of Warner Bros. animation

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/03/09 at 2:09 pm

Why 1986?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/03/09 at 3:19 pm

Hi Everyone!

@ Woops!  Thanks for the information and the link. I really appreciate it and I love learning new things!

@Philip: I chose 1986 because that's the year I was born.  ;)

Please ask more questions!

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/09 at 8:19 pm

Wow...you called her Debbie Gibson and he didn't go off on you...nice...

How many ask me threads do you intend to have by the end of the year?

Why don't you ever go to mine and ask me something any more?

What's the dumbest question you've ever been asked (and how did you answer) - no fair using my questions for this one  ;)

What's the best question you've ever been asked? and how did you answer...

whats the one question you hope some will ask... and what would the answer be?

what's the one question you wouldn't want to be asked... Just tell me what it is = I promise I won't ask you to answer it...

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/03/09 at 8:56 pm

Hi Snoz!

Correction for fairness :Deborah Gibson

--I don't know how many Ask Me threads I'll have. Just however the mood hits me. But I think this is it. This is a catchall for anything not Michael, Prince or Jimmy related. I might start a Cary Grant thread. You never know! LOL!
--I'm sorry I haven't been in your thread. I'll pop over and ask some questions!  :) (I hope to see you around my MJ and Prince threads hint hint)
--The dumbest question I've ever been asked is about Michael Jackson of course. And it's a toss up between do I pray TO Michael, like he was a God. And another was would I put my mouth on a certain part of Michael's anatomy at a concert. Both of those questions got answered with a curled fist (mine) and a bloddied nose (thiers.) I don't appreciate idiocy. I have a sense of humour, but that was the line. And you don't ask dumb questions. You're an intelligent person whom I respect.  :)
--The best question I ever got was probably how Michael has impacted my life. And the answer to that is he has been a positive force for me mainly because he's taught me to be lighthearted about things. Why do you think I have such a great since of humour?
--The one question I'll be asked. Have you met Michael Jackson? and I hope to one day be able to say "Yes"  8)
--The one question I never wanna be asked. I'm tired of pedophile questions about Michael The trial ended 3 years ago and I'm so over it I'm not even in the same time zone as it. I also don't want to be quesitoned about Ellen DeGeneres, Rosie O'Donnell, Nancy Grace, Diane Dimond or Tom Sneddon, Jay Leno, or Oprah Winfrey.  Thank you. (Oprah is okay only in refrence to the 1993 interview with Michael Jackson or the 1998 interview with the Artist Formerly Known as Prince)

Great questiions! Please ask more!

:)

Written By: woops on 05/04/09 at 2:24 am

Wow...you called her Debbie Gibson and he didn't go off on you...nice...

I rarely bite and only offended if it's an ignorant and/or immature comment since I actually take her seriously as an artist.  :)

for Apollonia1986

Have you ever been dissed for being a fan of Michael Jackson? And how do your friends/relatives/peers feel about your interest?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/04/09 at 7:00 pm

@Woops!

Have I ever been dissed for being a fan of Michael Jackson?  :o YES! My time in middle school was especially hard and it is a little difficult for me to speak about. But it hard to go to school everyday for three years and be harrassed by EVERYONE in my class--20+ people. I've been in fights, had my hair pulled, cut, been shoved, punched and blamed for thingsI didn't do. All because they thought I was weird for liking Michael Jackson. I went to a high school out the way just to get away from them. I had to beg all the summer before 9th grade, but eventually I was able to go the school I graduated from. But don't worry for me, most of the kids who bothered me have gotten fat, and I've lost weight so I'm happy.  ;D

My friends like Michael Jackson. That's one of the biggest things we have in common. We share a similar taste in music. My parents were tolerant of Michael My mother--rest her soul--only liked one his songs and my father. My father hatees Michael Jackson. But then again, my father genrally hates everyone I like. He is convinced that Michael is gay and wants to be a white man (because of skin color change) and calls him "Michelle". (he also calls Prince "Princess") But yet again I don't care, because the second my kidneys failied he said he'd see to it I got to go to an MJ concert when he played the USA.  ;D I don't listen to him when he trashes Michael because he doesn't really know anything about Michael and I guess just likes to hear the sound of his voice.  :D

And my peers just take it all stride because I don't try to shove "King of Pop!" down thier throats. I'm laid back and cool.

Please ask more questions  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/04/09 at 10:36 pm

And you respect that people have differing povs and are entitled to them so long as they agree to have a rational disscussion and agree to table the issues we'll never agree on it's cool to have dialogue.

You that way O0.

Oh what was the one song your mom liked.

Have you always lived in Tx. Do you like it? 
Excluding prince and mj from the equasion. If you could live anywhere where would you live and why? 
We'll just assume D wants what u want and would be will to move too.

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/05/09 at 8:15 am

When you got to do Miss USA, did you nervous?  Did she hurt she tailbone?

I was in middle school too but I remember a different version of that, with Madonna... everyone made fun of me for being a Madonna fan. 
I remember your school but were you still called Apple back then?

@ Apple:  Did you say your dreaming about that Michael question?

@ Apple:  What's your favorite movie other than Ghostwalker and Moondance?

@ Apple:  Have you ever been dissed for being a fan of Michael Jackson?  How about Jermaine?  I hear that's not as bad.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/05/09 at 4:35 pm

Hi Y'all!

@ Snoz:  Yes, I've learned to respect people for the different views. I don't mind if you don't like Michael Jackson. Just don't go out of your way to be mean to me about it. I wouldn't be mean to anyone else. Like you don't care for Michael and I'm okay with that. We're still cool and friends.  :)

My mom liked "You Are Not Alone" Just the song. Not the video. She didn't really like to see Michael Jackson naked with angel wings on. LOL  Or with his chest showing:

http://mjjpictures.free.fr/history/shortfilms/yana/008.jpg
I rather fancy this look and would love to see it come back.

I've always lived in Texas. It's okay, I just hate having to disappear for 8 days on evactuation when a hurricane comes through. It sucks!
If I could live anywhere, I'd probably like to go to Australia. I just like the accents and the landscape and water and everything. It seems like a cool place to live. That or the UK. I just love the accents. And maybe Dion would too. His dream is to go to Minneapolis to live. (Y'know, the Prince thing... ::) ) I don't want to live that close to Prince because Dion would sit outside the gates blaring his songs until thre throw him on his face for disturbing the peace. But then I could always not claim him and as the goons are carrying him off, I can make sweet talk at Prince. LMAO!

@ Billzy: I've never done Miss USA.  :-\\ And I assume she didn't hurt her tailbone...

I wasn't called Apple back then. I'm just called Apple because of my screen name. My real name is Tiffeny.  :) I wasn't into Prince back then. And why would they pick on you about Madonna. She's cool!

No I'm not dreaming about the question! LOL!

My favorite movie is "Harvey" with Jimmy Stewart. Love that film. Oh! And "Vertigo!"

I've been dissed for Michael. Not for Jermaine. I diss him enough myself. LOL.

Great questions guys! Please ask more!  ;D

Written By: woops on 05/05/09 at 8:35 pm

Do you have any favorite cartoon? Character, movie, comic book/strip/magna, etc.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/05/09 at 10:03 pm

You might not want to answer these questions, but it is up to you.

Are you on a transplant list for your kidneys?

How long have you had problems with them and/or dialysis?

If you got a Make a wish, would it be to meet Michael?

BTW, I am still working on your signature picture, just been really busy this week and my creative juices have dried up as of lately (I'm trying to get inspired). 

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/06/09 at 2:26 pm

Hi Y'all!

@Woops!: A favorite cartoon. Gosh, I dunno. I watched alot of cartoons as a kid. I was one of the ones with my ass on the floor watching tv with my Baribes growiing up. LOL. But if I had to choose, I really like Rocko's Modern Life. LOL. Oh, and The Oblongs. My favorite character is probably...I dunno, Goofy. The way he laughs. LOL. My favorite movie is hands down, A Goofy Movie! it's so funny I adore it! And my favorite comic is Archie and Friends. I've been reading those since I was 8 years old.

@ Bookmistress: I really can't divulge my medical history. I'm sorry. I can tell you that before I was diagnosed, I was misdiagnosed and almost died as a result. I was severly malnpourished from constant vomiting from the toxins building in my body and I lost 90 pounds as a result. (You can see how I look now on my Myspace page)  By the time they found out what the true problem was, I probably wouldn't have lived but for anohter week, it was really scary. I don't know how long I'll be on dialysis, I supposed until they find a kidney, unless mine start to work again.
I've had problems for like 4 months and tratment for a little over a month. It's all good. I can eat properly now and do everything basically as usual.

And take your time with the siggy I don't mind.

AND BLOODY YES, I'D LOVE TO MEET MICHAEL JACKSON! But make a wish is only for terminally ill people and I'm not terminally ill, thank god. I'm young, and otherwise healthy. Hmm...young and healthy, and pretty...yes, Michael would like me.  8) (sorry Dion bunny)

Please ask more questions.

Written By: Davester on 05/06/09 at 2:48 pm

AND BLOODY YES, I'D LOVE TO MEET MICHAEL JACKSON! But make a wish is only for terminally ill people and I'm not terminally ill, thank god. I'm young, and otherwise healthy. Hmm...young and healthy, and pretty...yes, Michael would like me.  8) (sorry Dion bunny)

I admire your enthusiasm.  And a little self-assurance is always sexy... :)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/06/09 at 4:23 pm

Thank you Davester:

I see a Karma in your immediate future!

Please ask more questions!  ;)

Written By: Davester on 05/06/09 at 4:44 pm

Thank you Davester:

I see a Karma in your immediate future!

Thanks.  I'm a helpless mooch...

I forgot this wasn't the Michael thread...

Do/did you ever dig Nirvana..?

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/09 at 4:23 am

Yeah... if Prince and Mj didn't exist who would you listen to instead?

What is your all time favorite tv show (I know its hard to choose but try)  ;)

Which character, movie or tv, do you most identify with?

If they made a movie of your life who would be cast in the important roles?

If you could meet any celeb (besides the obvious) who would you want to meet and why

Which celebrity would you want to bring back from the dead....aside from Jimmy Stewart.... to spend a day with.

You have about $10,000 (tax free) but you can only have it if you spend it on yourself.... you cannot pay bills and you cannot give it away to charity.... what do you buy? 

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/07/09 at 5:23 pm

Hi Everyone!  ;D

@Davester: Yeah, I dug Nirvana. I went through a rock stage a few years ago and I really dug thier sound. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is still one of my jams. I love it.

@Snoz: Gosh if Prince and Michael didn't exixst...I've never thought of that. Music would be pretty pitiful without thier contributions, but if I had to choose, I suppose Ne-Yo and Usher. I like them.
--My all time favorite show, hands down is Miami Vice. And it's not hard to choose honey. I love the show so much that right now, in a white faux-crocodile case is the entire series on dvd! I was happy as hell when I bought it!  8)
--You're going to laugh at me, I'm sure, but I really am a cross between Tootie from the "Facts of Life" and Dorothy from the "Golden Girls", I'm nosy like Tootie and snarky like Dorothy. (funny thing is, Tooties' real name is also Dorothy! LOL! ) Plus I was close to my mother like Dorothy Zbornak was to Ma (Sophia)
--If a movie of my life was made. Gosh, I'm not sure. I'm not really up to date on current actors, but I'll try.

Me: Thandie Newton. I don't care if she is British, she can have speech classes to sound Southern.  :)
Mom: The perfevct person to play my mom actually wouild have been Isabella Sanford, but since she's gone, I really liked Jo Marie Payton, the mom from "Family Matters" She really reminded me of my mom by the way she acted. (Isabella was buitl similar to my mother.)
Dad: James Earl Jones. Hands down! Yes!
Michael Jackson: E'Casanova (the best tribute artist in america)
Dion:  :-\\ I dunno...Prince....? LOL. Prince would like that, obsessing over himself.  ;D

--If I could meet any celeb. Gosh. It would be a toss between Kimora Lee Simmons and Johnny Depp. I admire Kimora because she is a strong woman of color, runs her own business empire and still has time to raise her two girls. (and is expecting a third) and Johnny Depp, because he's gorgeous!  ;)

Any celeb other than Jimmy...CARY GRANT! He's just so dashing and debonair, I'd be thrilled to meet him. I admire him so much and just am a fan of hs work. And also Rudolph Valentino. He was a silent actor and I'd just like to hear what his voice actually sounded like.

And if I has 10 gran, tax free, After paying for my tickets and SERIOUSLY increasing my MJ collection, I would like to make a monument in my back yard to my mother. The cemetery she's in only allows flat headstones and I really would like to make something bigger and more prominent to her memory.  :)

Wonderful questions!

Please ask more!

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/09 at 8:05 pm

those were great answers!

Okay...

How did you find us? inthe00s that is?

Was there any particular thing, post, thread or moment here that made you stay?

Why don't you post in PPP more? Like in the  How ya doin threads or the other ones where we all come together for fun and socializing?

um.... that's all I can think of right now...

oh yeah... how many hurricanes have you gone thru? 

Written By: woops on 05/07/09 at 10:53 pm

Are you into any current singer, movie, cartoon, or whatever? And anything from the past you dislike?

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/08/09 at 1:08 am

What are you doing for your birthday?  Happy birthday Apollonia  ;)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/08/09 at 7:46 pm

Hi Y'all!

@Snoz: I found in the 00s off of Google. I was searching for a 1980s forum and this popped up and I've been here ever since.  ;D
--I just stayed because this place seems all incliusive. You cover everything from pre-70s to the present. There a forum for everything I could possibly want to talk about.
--I like the Decades threads and food thread more, but I could try the PPP threads.
--And I've been through four hurricanes. and it was NOT pleasant.  >:(

@Woops: Gosh, am I into anyone current? I guess not. I am really into Michael and Prince, which is a little embarrassing to say. I don't know I occasionally listen to Ne-Yo and Usher, but I'm not freaking over them and buying everything from them like I do with the other two. The thing is I don't mind buying Michael and PRrince because they've stood the test of time and I just don't trust these little flash in the pan guys. Here one day and out the next. I don't like to waste my money like that. I learned theat the hard way with Justin Guarini. I thought he was going places and he's stuck in neutral. The key isn't even in the darn ignition. So I stick to Michael and Prince. So what if they're fifty. They don't LOOK it.  ::)
And there';s not really much from the past I dislike, I just hate Birth of A Nation. And I hate I didn't come of age in the 80s! But you all know that! LOL!

@Dave: Thank you for tyhe birthday wish! And I will spend it with my Sweetie Dion.  ;D

Please ask more questions Y'all!

Written By: Davester on 05/09/09 at 1:29 pm

Check out this piccy from 1988...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193336/1988.jpg

How would you like to see styles like this make a comeback...

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/09/09 at 5:35 pm

Hi Davester!

Are you sure that pic is from 1988? Because the boy in the middle looks like he's using a cell phone. And cellphnes back in 1988 were huge!

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p8/knyte6426/dynatac.jpg
Oh yeah, the man is so chic...yeah right.  ::)

But I do like the outfit on the girl in the checked shoes. I've actually been hunting a pair of shoes like that. I like those. I just likt eh whole 80s look. The bright colors, the wild hairdos. I mean everything. I just wish my town was a bit more fashion forward. I really have to search for unique things. But as long as I have Instyle.com, I'm good! I wish I could live everyday like a scene in Purple Rain. Well with out the cursing and smacking around of course. LOL.

Please ask more questions!  ;D

Written By: Davester on 05/09/09 at 10:30 pm

^Okay it's not from 1988, but from two years ago, on a high school campus.  I was wondering if the cell phone would give it away.  It did...

Written By: snozberries on 05/10/09 at 11:48 am

Hi Y'all!

@Snoz: I found in the 00s off of Google. I was searching for a 1980s forum and this popped up and I've been here ever since.  ;D
--I just stayed because this place seems all incliusive. You cover everything from pre-70s to the present. There a forum for everything I could possibly want to talk about.
--I like the Decades threads and food thread more, but I could try the PPP threads.
--And I've been through four hurricanes. and it was NOT pleasant.  >:(

You should give PPP a try.... here's the sort of thread you are missing by not hanging out there

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=37008.msg2009114#msg2009114

Written By: snozberries on 05/12/09 at 9:14 pm

You should give PPP a try.... here's the sort of thread you are missing by not hanging out there

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=37008.msg2009114#msg2009114

Have you forgotten about this thread already?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/13/09 at 8:31 pm

Hi Snoz!

I'm sorry I missed the link before.

A big THANK YOU! to you and everyone else that was kind enough to post on my birthday thread. Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it.

Please ask more questions y'all!

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/09 at 12:28 am

drawing from other threads.....

what's your favorite cut of steak?

what do you put on your hamburgers?

which states have you visited?  which do you want to visit?

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/14/09 at 11:11 am

what kind of mascara do you wear when you go on picnics?

name 3 states that you believe Elvis would have loved.

do carnivals have lions because they can't afford tigers?

what's the deepest point in the Atlantic ocean where red fish can live?

how about dem Panthions?

Michael Jackson??

Written By: woops on 05/14/09 at 12:19 pm

What's your favorite tv show and/or channel?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/14/09 at 3:28 pm

Hi Y'all!

@Billzy: You must keep a Roll-a-Decok of Random Questions.  ;)

--I usually else wear Maybelline Collasall Volume or Max Factor Vivid Impact in black. (I also have pink, blue and silver mascara for fun)

--I think Mr. Presley would have loved Texas because of the 72 ox steaks you can get, Pennsylvania because that's where the Herchesy's Chocolate Factory is and Tennessee--his homestead--for the PB and bananna sandwhiches. We all know the man loved to eat.  ;)

--I think they get the lion with the mane because it looks cooler. If they wanted, they could get a Liger whicjh is half of each:

http://slices-of-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/liger-pic.jpg

--I don't know. I'm not an itchyologist.  :)

--And I don't know what a Pathion is.  ???

--And Michael is cool. I love him.  :)

@Woops: I typically watch the Food Network and Style Network (except when CLean House is on) I like to watch people cook and love to stay up on the trends. I also watch Bravo for the Real Housewives series. I like them all except the real housewives of Orange County, because I don't like Vicki. I can't stand Vicki. I can't look at Vicki. LOL.

Please ask more questions! Thank you!

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/09 at 8:57 pm

sigh... I was skipped again.  :-\\

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/14/09 at 9:30 pm

Snoz, I am so sorry and will give you a Karma for being such a good sport.

Won't happen again. I read too fast at times.  :(

@Snoz:
--My favorite cut would be a T-bone, well done and with some A-1 on the side. I can't eat bloody meat.
--My hamburgers are very simple. Mayo, onion (white or red) pickles and lettuce. Yum-o.  ;D No tomatoes. I hate raw tomatoes for some reason. Even Michael Jackson in a speedo juggling them couldn't get me to eat one.  ::) Now that's a visual. LOL LMAO
--I've been to Louisiana and Florida for a pageant once. I'd like to go to California and maybe light a candle for what's left of Neverland, and see if I can see any celebs., New York to shop and cheer on Kobayashi at the Nathan's Hot Dog contest, Minnesota to see Paisley Park and First Avenue, Tennesse to see Graceland, and go to LAs Vegas to the Liberace Museum. I really wanna go to the Liberace Museum. I don't know anything he ever played, but I LOVE the way the man had the guts to put on some of the stuff he wore! Man put Prince to SHAME.

http://30daysout.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/liberace.jpg

I'm going specifically to see this outfit (the under the sea ensemble) and his car that's covered in little mirrors like a disco ball.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/00/18/ca/5f/liberace-cars.jpg

Now if that's not the RADDEST, BADDEST set of wheels I've ever seen...I don't know.  ??? I'd kind of expect to see Michael Jackson dancing on top of that for some odd reason. Like in concert.  ???

Great questions! Please ask more!

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/09 at 9:56 pm

Snoz, I am so sorry and will give you a Karma for being such a good sport.

Won't happen again. I read too fast at times.  :(

@Snoz:
--My favorite cut would be a T-bone, well done and with some A-1 on the side. I can't eat bloody meat.
--My hamburgers are very simple. Mayo, onion (white or red) pickles and lettuce. Yum-o.  ;D No tomatoes. I hate raw tomatoes for some reason. Even Michael Jackson in a speedo juggling them couldn't get me to eat one.  ::) Now that's a visual. LOL LMAO
--I've been to Louisiana and Florida for a pageant once. I'd like to go to California and maybe light a candle for what's left of Neverland, and see if I can see any celebs., New York to shop and cheer on Kobayashi at the Nathan's Hot Dog contest, Minnesota to see Paisley Park and First Avenue, Tennesse to see Graceland, and go to LAs Vegas to the Liberace Museum. I really wanna go to the Liberace Museum. I don't know anything he ever played, but I LOVE the way the man had the guts to put on some of the stuff he wore! Man put Prince to SHAME.

http://30daysout.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/liberace.jpg

I'm going specifically to see this outfit (the under the sea ensemble) and his car that's covered in little mirrors like a disco ball.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/00/18/ca/5f/liberace-cars.jpg

Now if that's not the RADDEST, BADDEST set of wheels I've ever seen...I don't know.  ??? I'd kind of expect to see Michael Jackson dancing on top of that for some odd reason. Like in concert.  ???

Great questions! Please ask more!

Thanks for knowing I was just kidding...

I'd give you karma too but I already had for something else...

Cali's fun... have I seen my pic with shemar moore? its in the famous people thread in the say cheese section.....

Vegas can be fun too... I like the M&M and Coca Cola stores and the shopping area at Ceasar's Palace.

Kobayashi? Is that some sort of chef or a brand of barbeque ovens?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/15/09 at 1:25 pm

Hey Snoz!

--You are so lucky to have met Shemar. Is he as gorgeous up close as he is in pictures?  :-* He is a doll!
--I'm making a beeline to the Liberace Museum and maybe the M&M store. And then I'll walk all over the Venetian Hotel to see if Michael is there. (I need the excersice anyway) And then I'l go see one of my MJ look alike friends in one of thier shows. ( I know three guys in the Vegas area)
--You really don;t know who Kobayashi is? Until last year he held the record for eating the Most Nathan's Hot Dogs at thier Annual Fourth of July Contest in New York. I think his record was 55 hot dogs in 12 minutes. Last year an American ate 59 I think. (Kobayashi is from Japan)

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/features/theysaid/070709/takeru_kobayashi.jpg

He this little tiny man, but boy can that man pack it away. He eats 2 and three dogs at a time. I've also seen him eat an entire roasted turkey--giblets and all--a bunch of sticks of butter and a jar of mayo. And once on MTV he ate 100 little plates of sushi and 3 pounds of noodles. He is a freak of nature. LOL.

Written By: snozberries on 05/15/09 at 3:29 pm

Hey Snoz!

--You are so lucky to have met Shemar. Is he as gorgeous up close as he is in pictures?  :-* He is a doll!
--I'm making a beeline to the Liberace Museum and maybe the M&M store. And then I'll walk all over the Venetian Hotel to see if Michael is there. (I need the excersice anyway) And then I'l go see one of my MJ look alike friends in one of thier shows. ( I know three guys in the Vegas area)
--You really don;t know who Kobayashi is? Until last year he held the record for eating the Most Nathan's Hot Dogs at thier Annual Fourth of July Contest in New York. I think his record was 55 hot dogs in 12 minutes. Last year an American ate 59 I think. (Kobayashi is from Japan)

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/features/theysaid/070709/takeru_kobayashi.jpg

He this little tiny man, but boy can that man pack it away. He eats 2 and three dogs at a time. I've also seen him eat an entire roasted turkey--giblets and all--a bunch of sticks of butter and a jar of mayo. And once on MTV he ate 100 little plates of sushi and 3 pounds of noodles. He is a freak of nature. LOL.

Wait you cAn get paid for over eating. Oh man. I have totally been wasting my talent giviing it all away for free.

Tho I can barely handle two hot dogs. I love hotdogs but I star getting sick partway thru the second one.  I'm ready to tackle one of 72oz Texas steaks you talked about tho.  ;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/18/09 at 11:48 am

Hey Snoz!

Good luck with that snack. I'd drop dead about halfway through it. LOL.

Written By: snozberries on 05/18/09 at 10:34 pm

Hey Snoz!

Good luck with that snack. I'd drop dead about halfway through it. LOL.

all I'd need is a fork, a knife, a big bottle of a-1 and someone to carry me back to the hotel...

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/09 at 4:22 pm

Hey Tiff.... so in the last movie you watched thread you were talking about watching a movie with Barbara stanwyck in it and that got me thinking.....

have you ever seen Stella Dallas?

Written By: woops on 05/19/09 at 8:57 pm

Do you listen to satellite radio?

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/20/09 at 3:45 pm

What's with wacko jacko postponing concerts until 2010??? I TOLD YA SO!!!  :P

Written By: snozberries on 05/20/09 at 11:35 pm

Promise you won't skip me again since two others have posted after me?  ;)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/22/09 at 4:33 pm

Hi Y'all!

@Snoz: I really don't know what movie I was watching, I just saw her name in the opening credits, and I've never seen Stella Dallas, but name sounds intriuguing. AND I DIDN'T SKIP YOU HONEY!  ;)

@Woops: No...I mostly play my CDs. I haven't played the radio in a loooooong time. LOL.

@Billzy: I dont know who Wacko Jacko is. I've never seen that person. I heard that Michael Jackson might play in the USA in 2010. And you haven't told me anything. The concerts are still on for this summer.  ;D It's not my finest point but I do spend a considerable amount of time on Michael Jackson.I'm online looking for him before my lipgloss has dried in morning. LOL. I midly fell out of the loop this week because I was in the hospital, but I do have a line up of friends who keep me informed. 

Please ask more questions y'all!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/22/09 at 4:34 pm

Hi Y'all!

@Snoz: I really don't know what movie I was watching, I just saw her name in the opening credits, and I've never seen Stella Dallas, but name sounds intriuguing. AND I DIDN'T SKIP YOU HONEY!  ;)

@Woops: No...I mostly play my CDs. I haven't played the radio in a loooooong time. LOL.

@Billzy: I dont know who Wacko Jacko is. I've never seen that person. I heard that Michael Jackson might play in the USA in 2010. And you haven't told me anything. The concerts are still on for this summer.  ;D It's not my finest point but I do spend a considerable amount of time on Michael Jackson.I'm online looking for him before my lipgloss has dried in morning. LOL. I midly fell out of the loop this week because I was in the hospital, but I do have a line up of friends who keep me informed. 

Please ask more questions y'all!  :D

yay... you should see Stella Dallas...its the Quintessential Maternal Melodrama... the other Quintessential Maternal Melodrama is Imitation of Life...

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/22/09 at 7:03 pm

Hi Snozzie!

I haven't seen that, but I've watched Imitation of Life so many times. Both versions! My mother and I especially loved the like 1950s version with Lana Turner. We liked that Mahalia Jackson sang at the mother's funeral. That woman could SANG. And I liked the actress that played Sarah Jane. She was so dramatic like me as a chid. LOL. I remember reading the liner notes to the movie, and the actress that played Sarah Jane wasn't even Black. LOL. I thought she was so that was a surpsie. LOL.

Written By: snozberries on 05/23/09 at 12:36 am

Hi Snozzie!

I haven't seen that, but I've watched Imitation of Life so many times. Both versions! My mother and I especially loved the like 1950s version with Lana Turner. We liked that Mahalia Jackson sang at the mother's funeral. That woman could SANG. And I liked the actress that played Sarah Jane. She was so dramatic like me as a chid. LOL. I remember reading the liner notes to the movie, and the actress that played Sarah Jane wasn't even Black. LOL. I thought she was so that was a surpsie. LOL.

I found the woman who played young Sarah Jane on ebay... she was auctioning off some IoL stuff on ebay and its one of my favorite movies so I bought the stuff. She sent me a note saying she was curious about why I bought everything and I explained about my love for the film and how I spent a quarter at film school analyzing the film... I got an A+ for my break down and reconstruction of the film.  ;) plus I did a comparison of the original to the remake...the 1959 version is my favorite too... the way Douglas Sirk used light and shadow to enhance his story telling and all..

anyway she wrote me back to tell me she was little Sarah jane and we talked about the film and what she remembered and all. she was awesome.. we exchanged notes on Facebook recently because  of it being 50s and all...

anyway- one of my profs clued me into stella dallas and I love it too.. on a different level than IoL but yeah...its a great movie.

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/23/09 at 9:24 am

So, wacko has cancelled his tour... big surprise!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/23/09 at 10:14 am

So, wacko has cancelled his tour... big surprise!!
Only the first four concerts.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/24/09 at 12:14 pm

Hey Y'all!

@Snoz: That's awesome that you spoke with trhe lady that played Sarah Jane. If you EVER meet Michael Jackson, PLEASE steer him towards me!  ;D ( Dion who?)

@ Billzy:  One of these days Michael's gonna surprise the hell out of you and when you have a turd flying out of you from the sheer shock, I will be on the sidelines laughing.  ;D

@Philip: I haven't heard that. I'll look into it, of course.

Written By: snozberries on 05/24/09 at 3:19 pm

Hey Y'all!

@Snoz: That's awesome that you spoke with trhe lady that played Sarah Jane. If you EVER meet Michael Jackson, PLEASE steer him towards me!  ;D ( Dion who?)

@ Billzy:   One of these days Michael's gonna surprise the hell out of you and when you have a turd flying out of you from the sheer shock, I will be on the sidelines laughing.  ;D

@Philip: I haven't heard that. I'll look into it, of course.

I heard on the radio he canceled the dates in England but not why....funny I meant to ask you about it but I forgot

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/24/09 at 3:20 pm

I heard on the radio he canceled the dates in England but not why....funny I meant to ask you about it but I forgot
I heard these concerts have deferred to another date next year.

Written By: woops on 05/25/09 at 9:37 pm

Do/did you ever watch VH1 Classic?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/25/09 at 10:59 pm

Hi Y'all!

@Snoz and Philip: I'm still kind of investigating those cancelled shows. I'm not sure. I'm not really worried. The only time you'll see me just absoliutely belligerent with anger is if I have a ticket to see him and he moonwalks out the deal. I would be Pissed with a captial P studded with diamonds over that. It takes a lot from Michael to make me mad (my friends joke I'd be the perfect wife for him since I'm well temepered and easy going about all that does.) I would be mad. But at the current time, since it doesn't affect me, I'm not worried. I just don't think he's wild enough to cancell the whole thing because I personally know people in England and the surrounding areas who are going. A lot of the fans are deeming it as a huge comeback and if he cancells it, the only person he's hurting is himself.

Michael Jackson fans--the true ones--are forgiving on various levels. I just hope he doesn't dig a hole and end up having to jump in it. I treat Michael Jackson the same way I treat Dion. I look pretty, smile at him, act happy, and life is easy.  ;D I try not to question every little thing because if I did...gosh.... :o  It just wouldn't be great.  ;D<---That's me.

@Woops: I don't have VH! Classic.  :( But I sincerely wish I did. But I don't think I'd ever leave the television.  ;) I keep trying to get it, but I keep getting interrupted with hospital stays. And one of the hospitals doesn't even get MTV!  :o That was an UGLY 5 days in my life!

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/26/09 at 4:55 pm

Do you have VH1 Classic?  If not, do you wish you did?  If not, have you tried to get it?  If Michael Jackson jumped in a well, would you save him?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/26/09 at 5:20 pm

Hey Billzy.

My God, when you ask a question, you go for the gusto don't you honey? As I answered before, I do not have VH1 Classic. Is it that tragic that I don't get it?  ??? And like I said before, everytime I srart the process to get it, I end up in the hospital... 8-P

??? If Michael jumped in a well, would I save him? Yeah, sure. If they can pluck Baby Jessica out of a Texas well, I can pluck him out.  ;) I'd just like to know why he'd jump in there in the first place? He was pretending he was a quarter and trying to grant his own wish maybe?

Please ask more questions!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/27/09 at 12:37 am

You should get directv.... then you would have Vh1 classic

Written By: woops on 05/27/09 at 1:48 am

VH1 Classic is more classic rock oriented (not sure if you're into it) and only airs music videos during the night to around noon. Though the videos are very selective (ie a certain amount from each artist) and have those annoying VH1 Mobile ringtone ads popping up in  music videos. Though still better compared to MTV2, which is basically MTV leftovers like "Punk'd" and mostly current rap & emo music.

What I posted on another board...

Some hints of the downfall of VH1 Classic...

source, Idolator from 2008

VH1 Classic is already slipping down my list of favorite cable channels, thanks to the same three or four specials and movies clogging its schedule on the weekends, but it looks like things are going to get worse. Helpful press release hint for you kids out there: if someone from MTV Networks uses the word “but”, whatever he said previously is either a lie and/or to be completely ignored. Today’s example comes from Tom Calderone, EVP and General Manager, VH1: “We still air the classic music videos that prove that the mullet was a questionable hair choice in the 80s. But VH1 Classic is focused on celebrating the legacies of the rock icons that continue to impact music and pop culture today.” The attempt at humor is intended to be a distraction, but rest assured, in the near future, VH1 Classic is going to show around as many videos as MTV2.

from VH1 Classic board, ironically many of the members appear to be into classic rock/metal

I liked some Metal , but just like Rap.. Metal took over VH1 Classic.. Can we have some 80's new wave, some alternative bands from the 90's too.. I feel like MTV all overagain when we had to wait for 120 mins. after midnight to hear some music that appeal to me and I am sure to many as well.. As you can tell, I am a Morrissey fan, Depeche mode, The cure, etc.. but this kind of music is always overlooked..

I've noticed that most specials are mostly about hard rock (ie "Heavy: Story of Metal"),  many weekend marathons devoted to Rush, AC/DC, Kiss, and '80's metal,  "That Metal Show" hosted by Eddie Trunk, and most of the Classic in Concert specials are of rock artists and even hair bands like Poison and Motley Crue. Though I've been watching VH1 Classic for about 8 months, I noticed that the channel is more rock oriented. Maybe VH1 Classic wants to aim more towards rock or many of the viewers are hardcore fans of the genre. Agree that VH1 Classic should air (or go back to showing) more genres/variety of music.

"Totally 80's" airs a mixture of pop, rock, hard rock/hair bands, R&B, new wave, and a few old school rap and more also has more variety compared to "VH1 The Big '80's" from the mid 1990's and '80's retrospects that aired n MTV around the same time.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/27/09 at 4:12 pm

Thanks Woops!

I think I'll stick to hanging around Youtube for when I get the urge to see Rick James or BeBarge. Thanks. I'm NOT that heavy into rock--though I can boogie with Whitesnake and Motley Crue on occasion--but I like R&B mostly.  :) If I can dance to it, I listen to it.  ;D

Written By: woops on 05/28/09 at 11:38 am

I think you'd appreciate VH1 Soul

Since I don't have it, I don't know much about the channel besides what's posted on the Wiki entry.

Written By: snozberries on 05/30/09 at 8:02 pm

Have you seen any Sydney Poitier movies? Which is your favorite?

Will you watch Top Chef Masters on Bravo June 10th and will you post in the thread I plan to start in the 2000's board

Do you like to cook?

What's your best meal?

What's the hardest thing to make?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/30/09 at 8:42 pm

Hi Y'all!

@ Woops: Vh1 SOul seems to be more of what I'd like. Thanks for sharing that.  I wish I had it. LOL.

@ Snozzie:

--Yes, I have seen some Sydney Poitier films. I liked him in "In the Heat of the Night" (that slapping scene was priceless!) and "A Raisin in the Sun". I"ve always found him to be a very debonair and cultured man. I like him. Plus he's friends with Michael Jackson!  ;D I like anyone who is cool with Michael Jackson...well... :( Mostly everyone.

http://www.mjj.altervista.org/immagini/gallerie/MJ_VIP/images/Mj%20&%20Sidney%20Poitier_jpg.jpg
I tell ya, Google is an amazing thing! (But I have an article from 1982 with the same pic.)

--I might watch Top Chef. I'm really more into the Real Housewives series. My favorite cooking show is Chopped on the Food Network. And Triple D with Guy Fieri! And sure, I'll post in your thread!  :)

--I don't really like to cook all that much, but I do have to eat, so I do cook occasionally.

--My best meal is potatoes smothered with sausage and onions. It's really good and pretty simple to make.

--I usually make the holiday meals at my home BY MYSELF so it's pretty hard to keep an eye on like 5 jumping pots and things in the oven. LOL. But I haven't screwed up a Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years in about 8 years.  ;D And I typically make a ham, potato salad, green bean casserole, cornbread, dirty rice and some kind of dessert.  :) It's not really hard, iI just have to be organized and I'm not really an organized person.

I swear the only thing in my house that's really organized is my set of encyclopedias and my CDs. I have to have my CDs arranged by year for some reason. LOL. And one shelf is for MJ, one is for Prince and the other is for all my other music.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/20/09 at 3:37 am

If you could be anything in the world what would you be?

Did you get in trouble for something as a kid that seemed bad then but is kind of silly now?

If someone said you had to tatoo the symbol on your face to meet Prince (and you had to wear the symbol for 20 years) would you do it?

Same question but the tatoo is MJ's glove... or MJs socks and shoes (ala Billie Jean)

do you have tatoos?

If you were on David Letterman's stupid Human Tricks what would your talent be?

did you forget to check out top chef Masters?

oh and will you ask me more questions now!  :D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/24/09 at 10:58 pm

Hey Snozzie!

--Since I was a kid I've wanted to be a novelist. I started out wanting to write horror like RL Stine and Stephen King, but my mind just isnt twisted like that, so I've settled on dramatic sagas. LOL. I hope one day I get published and that maybe I can use that as a venue to meet Michael Jackson. I'd rather discuss literature than how many times he grabs his crotch anyway.  :)

--Gosh...LOL. I remember I got smacked while my mother was yelling at me because I started singing "Leave Me Alone" at her LOL. That was so stupid on my part.

--Prince ain't that sexy. And do you realize that if I wore that for 20 years Prince would be 70 and I'd be 43. He'd be too old to do anythign worthwhile anymore...(hint hint) and by the time I'm 43 I hope to be married and with a son in pee-wee sports and a daughter in pageants. And what the hell would we talk about? How the arthritis in his hands stopped him from playing guitar? How his hips hurt? How the experimental treatment to fix his hands turned his entire body and eerie shade of blue? (I really do have a writer's mind! LOL) Plus I will NOT disfigure my face for a man that comes up to my navel. Not for Michael either. Else they have accept my face as is--which is cute anyway--or they can go kick rocks!  :) Look at what I've accepted from Prince. The man is short, tempermenal, wears more make up that Nina Flowers...that's alot.

--No...but I do have a friend that has his eyes tattoed on the back of her neck. She's white so the color shows. I'd have to get an all black tattoo because I'm brown and black pigment ink is the hardest to remove.

And besides, Michael isn't tattooing a damn thing on his body for me, so I won't for him. Not on my face! I'm not THAT skilled with make up.

http://i39.tinypic.com/r2kx2e.jpg
This is the back of my friend Ashley's neck.

I've seen fan swith Michael's signature on thier backs, arms, and boobies. (Yes one girl got him to sign her chest and she had it permanently tattoed on!) I have THREE THOUSAND pictuires of Michael. It's not that hard to pick up one as I'm dashing out the door for him to sign.

--I don't have any tattoos.  :( I wanted to have Michael's initials on my thigh when I was younger then it occoured to me,needles would have to be poked in my skin and I'm terrified of needles. You shoudl see me clown in the hospital.  :o

--My stupid trick...hmm I dunno. The only really "odd" thing I think I can do is one of two things--answer any question about Michael Jackson, or describe anyone or anything and make it sound sexy. I mean give me like a photo of someone and I can describe them and make them sexy. I leanred that when I described a pic of Prince to a friend of mine and she started drooling. LOL.

And I DID forget about Top Chef.  I'm sorry! I got caught up with Chopped. But I did see a preview for one episode I wanna watch where they have to cook like animal inards. I don't know about some people but I do like some of the innards like Beef livers (with onions) and beef tripe.

--I'll think  of some more stuff to ask you!

Written By: snozberries on 06/24/09 at 11:10 pm

Hey Snozzie!

--Since I was a kid I've wanted to be a novelist. I started out wanting to write horror like RL Stine and Stephen King, but my mind just isnt twisted like that, so I've settled on dramatic sagas. LOL. I hope one day I get published and that maybe I can use that as a venue to meet Michael Jackson. I'd rather discuss literature than how many times he grabs his crotch anyway.  :)

--Gosh...LOL. I remember I got smacked while my mother was yelling at me because I started singing "Leave Me Alone" at her LOL. That was so stupid on my part.

--Prince ain't that sexy. And do you realize that if I wore that for 20 years Prince would be 70 and I'd be 43. He'd be too old to do anythign worthwhile anymore...(hint hint) and by the time I'm 43 I hope to be married and with a son in pee-wee sports and a daughter in pageants. And what the hell would we talk about? How the arthritis in his hands stopped him from playing guitar? How his hips hurt? How the experimental treatment to fix his hands turned his entire body and eerie shade of blue? (I really do have a writer's mind! LOL) Plus I will NOT disfigure my face for a man that comes up to my navel. Not for Michael either. Else they have accept my face as is--which is cute anyway--or they can go kick rocks!  :) Look at what I've accepted from Prince. The man is short, tempermenal, wears more make up that Nina Flowers...that's alot.

--No...but I do have a friend that has his eyes tattoed on the back of her neck. She's white so the color shows. I'd have to get an all black tattoo because I'm brown and that's the hardest pigment to remove.
And besides, Michael isn't tattooing a damn thing on his body for me, so I won't for him. Not on my face! I'm not THAT skilled with make up.

http://i39.tinypic.com/r2kx2e.jpg
This is the back of my friend Ashley's neck.

I've seen fan swith Michael's signature on thier backs, arms, and boobies. (Yes one girl got him to sign her chest and she had it permanently tattoed on!) I have THREE THOUSAND pictuires of Michael. It's not that hard to pick up one as I'm dashing out the door for him to sign.

--I don't have any tattoos.  :( I wanted to have Michael's initials on my thigh when I was younger then it occoured to me,needles would have to be poked in my skin and I'm terrified of needles. You shoudl see me clown in the hospital.  :o

--My stupid trick...hmm I dunno. The only really "odd" thing I think I can do is one of two things--answer any question about Michael Jackson, or describe anyone or anything and make it sound sexy. I mean give me like a photo of someone and I can describe them and make them sexy. I leanred that when I described a pic of Prince to a friend of mine and she started drooling. LOL.

And I DID forget about Top Chef. But I did see a preview for one episode I wanna watch where they have to cook like animal inards. I don't know about some people but I do like some of the innards like Beef livers (with onions) and beef tripe.

--I'll think  of some more stuff to ask you!

funny... what if you had to get the tatoo of MJ's glove and wear it for 20years but you could have dinner with MJ a month after getting the Tat....and talk to him about all the literature you want...  but you still have a contractual obligation to keep the tatoo after your day with michael was over?

so you can describe anything and make it sexy? I don't believe you.....

susan Boyle....go!  ;D
That Gremlin Spike! GO!
Sloth from goonies go!

;D

you should watch Top Chef...its on Bravo on Wed. 10 pm PST.... but it also replays a lot during the week...there have been two episodes so far. Tonight is the third.... and well I bet you could find reruns this weekend of them 

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/24/09 at 11:27 pm

Gosh Snoz.

Does the tat have to be in my face? I mean really on my facE?  :o Eh, what the hell, I only live once. I'd get a glove the size of a mole so far off it looks like a beauty mark. And I'd charm Michaels little pancake buns off at dinner.

Susan Boyle? Baby I ain't a miracle worker, but I'll take a stab at it.

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/we-love-telly/assets_c/2009/04/susan-boyle-pic-itv-150409-thumb-450x324.jpg

With the voice of an angel descended straight from Heaven, Susan Boyle is sexy. You may laugh and say "how the hell" but I'll tell you. She is no classical beauty, but once again, so few are. From her mop of care-freee, willy nilly chestnut brown curls to the thick eyebrows that make even Brooke Shiields jealous the woman is striking. With deep set, dark and yet hauntingly innocent brown eyes, an impish nose and that little bow of a mouth, the woman makes you take a double take. Maybe even a triple.
And while she does not have a supermodel figure, she is the kind of woman you want to hug (in a motherly way, if that's what turns some of you on) Can anyone say MILF? (I can't beleive I said that!)
I tried. Do not shoot me for trying. (Why didnt you gimme someone easier...like Simon Cowell at least?)

I just looked up Spike. Thank you Snoz. I won't be sleeping tonight. That little thing has scared me. That thing looks like something Satan spit up. I can't do it.  >:( i will be awake all night.

I've met my match with SLoth.

But on the lightside, Susan Boyle was a real person and I tried with her. Next time, give me a real person, please. hehe.

Please ask more questions!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 06/24/09 at 11:34 pm

Gosh Snoz.

Does the tat have to be in my face? I mean really on my facE?  :o Eh, what the hell, I only live once. I'd get a glove the size of a mole so far off it looks like a beauty mark. And I'd charm Michaels little pancake buns off at dinner.

Susan Boyle? Baby I ain't a miracle worker, but I'll take a stab at it.

With the voice of an angel descended straight from Heaven, Susan Boyle is sexy. You may laugh and say "how the hell" but I'll tell you. She is no classical beauty, but once again, so few are. From her mop of care-freee, willy nilly chestnut brown curls to the thick eyebrows that make even Brooke Shiields jealous the woman is striking. With deep set, dark and yet hauntingly innocent brown eyes, an impish nose and that little bow of a mouth, the woman makes you take a double take. Maybe even a triple.
And while she does not have a supermodel figure, she is the kind of woman you want to hug (in a motherly way, if that's what turns some of you on) Can anyone say MILF? (I can't beleive I said that!)
I tried. Do not shoot me for trying. (Why didnt you gimme someone easier...like Simon Cowell at least?)

I just looked up Spike. Thank you Snoz. I won't be sleeping tonight. That little thing has scared me. That thing looks like something Satan spit up. I can't do it.  >:( i will be awake all night.

I've met my match with SLoth.

But on the lightside, Susan Boyle was a real person and I tried with her. Next time, give me a real person, please. hehe.

Please ask more questions!  :)

maybe you could charm mj to get out of your contractual obligation....  ;D ;D
and yeah it had to be the face...anywhere else you can cover it up.... I was just curious how far you would go to spend some real one on one time with him?  ;)

girl you do have talent... that Susan Boyle write up is quite good.....

never seen gremlins huh? that makes me sad....

Written By: snozberries on 06/24/09 at 11:58 pm

okay more questions....

besides Prince and MJ movies  ;)

what's your favorite movie from the 50s?

60s?

70s?

80s?

90s?

00s?

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/31/09 at 10:51 am

Do you have any MJ tattoos or do you want any?  I was not clear about your answer.  HOw many tatoos of MJ would you like to have?  How about Thriller?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/31/09 at 4:00 pm

Hey Y''all!

@Snoz. Fave movies huh...let's see.

50s--Vertigo with James Stewart and Kim Novak. (you knew that lol)

60s--It's a draw between Stanley Kubrick's Lolita and The Parent Trap.  Oh, and Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte withBette Davis and Olivia de haviland.

70s--I'm nto really sure. I'd have to say...Proably Carrie.  The part where Carries mom goes "They're all gonna laugh at you" scared me and stayed in my head for DAYS!

80s--Oh gosh. There's too many! Purple Rain, Desperately Seeking Susan, Poltergeist, ET...I haven't seen an 80s Movie I didn't like, but my favorite of all is BACK TO THE FTURE! I LOVE Michael J Fox.

90s--Gee, probably the remake of the Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan. (Before she went crazy)

00--Hand down, Hairspray with Nikki Blonsky! I love her!  :)

Snozzie, why did you leave off movies from the silent era to the 40s? You missed the golden age of ceimena.

@Billzy: I don't have any tattos and I don't want any. I have 7 scars from previous surgieries dancing across my chest and I try not to draw any extra attention to me when I can. My friend Ashley has incredibly long hair, so when her hair is down, you can't see her tat. I have short hair and wouldn't be able to hide anything. LOL. I don't want any tattoos of Michael. I have an array of MJ shirts to wear to proclaim my fanhood of him. No Thriller tats either. It's not exactly attractive to have a snarling werewolf on my chest or arm or back.

http://mjjgallery.free.fr/thriller/shortfilms/thriller/031.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 07/31/09 at 9:52 pm

Hey Y''all!

@Snoz. Fave movies huh...let's see.

50s--Vertigo with James Stewart and Kim Novak. (you knew that lol)

60s--It's a draw between Stanley Kubrick's Lolita and The Parent Trap.  Oh, and Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte withBette Davis and Olivia de haviland.

70s--I'm nto really sure. I'd have to say...Proably Carrie.  The part where Carries mom goes "They're all gonna laugh at you" scared me and stayed in my head for DAYS!

80s--Oh gosh. There's too many! Purple Rain, Desperately Seeking Susan, Poltergeist, ET...I haven't seen an 80s Movie I didn't like, but my favorite of all is BACK TO THE FTURE! I LOVE Michael J Fox.

90s--Gee, probably the remake of the Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan. (Before she went crazy)

00--Hand down, Hairspray with Nikki Blonsky! I love her!  :)

Snozzie, why did you leave off movies from the silent era to the 40s? You missed the golden age of ceimena.

nice selection!!!

and sorry... okay...

1900's

1910's

1920's

1930's

1940's

;D

kay that about covers it... I assume you haven't seen any from 1896-1900's but if you have feel free to mention those too!  ;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/05/09 at 6:06 pm

Hi Snozzie!  ;D

Here are the films I like:

1900s--I like the rendition of Alice in Wonderland. It was so cute. It was shown on TCM the summer I first started recieving it on one of the "Silent Sundays" hosted by Robert Osbourne. I'd always thought the only Alice in Wonderland was the one Disney had done. (And also that cheesy one with Whoopi Goldberg as the Cheshire cat) It came out in 1903 and starred a girl named May Clark. Apparently this version leaves out the part where Alice eats the magic mushrooms and changes size!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMEtJDNYVi4  <---The internet is a heck of a gadget!

1910s--I have always been kind of intrigued by the disadters of the Titanic in 1912 (and loved the 1998 film with Leo!) and the Lusitania in 1915. So I was absolutely FLOORED when I found footage, real footage shot in 1911 of Titatic before her tragic maiden voyage. (Why is the ship referred to as a female?)  I would like to have toured the Titanic before it set sail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM7XglHDWlU  <-- Some of the comments say it's not real, but I think it is.

1920s--Great Googly Moogly! Are you kidding? There's so much that I love. Laurel and Hardy, Harold Lloyd (I like to tell people my father is named after him LOL) Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks, Sr, The Barrymores...The list is so long. But if you drew a gun on me, It'd be a toss up between Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse with Rudolph Valentino (he was so handsome) and Sunrise  with Janet Gaynor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6t0DCtIOBA  <---This is part one of Sunrise. If you haven't seen it, I think that as a movie buff, you'll love it. It was released in 1927, shortly before the advent of "talking" pictures. And I do know that the first "talkie" was the Jazz Singer with Al Jolson.  ;D

1930s--Anything with James Stewart, Cary Grant, or George Brent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUY91zTvGHU <--Jimmy in Mr. Smih Goes To Washington(Part One)  from 1939. Jimmy says that in 1940 when he got his Oscar for The Philidephia Story he said it was just a delayed one for "Washington" LOL. I love the end of the picture. I heard that "Washington" was banned in Europe for a while because of the way it portrayed the US Government.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLEQg3yXhiY <---Cary Grant in The Amazing Adventure (trailer) It's a cute little screwball comedy. And Cary is so dashing! Woo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylz6JSlV2as  <---George Brent in Dark Victory. I didn't even notice old bug-eyed Bette Davis. Georgie was so handsome! And this really is a great, touching film.

1940s--That's still Jimmy and Cary territiory, and if I had to pick, of course it would be The Philidelphia Story. To see Jimmy and Cary on the same screen--pure magic. I also liked the Dick Tracy seires. My favorite is "Dick Tracy Versus Cueball" It was great, and I was literally holding my breath the whole picture. I know that "B" movies are supposed to be bad, but I REALLY liked this. The Dick Tracy with Madonna SUCKED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL2fhR1urBg  <---Part One of DT v.CB. from 1946.

And as for 1896-1900, I do have several that I like. (Yes, I did get around to finding that stuff out LOL.  I LOVE OLD THINGS!)

I'vew tracked down a bunch like "The First Kiss" and the one that shows a locamotive coming towards the screen (it cleamred movies houses out when it premired because people thought it was real--thoiugh it was in black and white  ::) ) But my favorite was shot by the man himself, Thomas Edison, as an advertisement for a brand of cigarettes called Admiral. It's from 1897! How remarkable is that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk5Bqn6VlF0 <---The ciggie ad. Don't smoke it's bad for you! LOL!

Please Ask More Questions!  ;D I know I spend too much time around the tV! LOL!

Written By: woops on 08/05/09 at 6:38 pm

Have you ever heard of the show "Night Tracks" that was a music video showcase on TBS?

Thought I'd share this: Night Tracks Classic (in case you've never seen it with pull promos and iinterview snip-its of pop singers)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/05/09 at 7:10 pm

Hey Woops!

Karma honey! Thanks so much! I think I'll subscribe to that channel. It has a lot of videos I like. Not just MJ.  I see Pat Benatar, and Rockwell. Even Thomas Dolby. Thanks so much!

Written By: woops on 12/06/09 at 5:55 pm

Are you familiar with the Top 50 Greatest Cartoons, which was ranked in 1994 from animation/film historians? Mainly theatrical shorts from Disney, Warner Bros, MGM, etc.

Posted a thread about it a few days ago with some links from YouTube and legitimate sites.

Written By: snozberries on 12/06/09 at 6:05 pm

^ I guess that's one way to pimp your thread  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...