inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Me About Home/Herbal Remedies

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/09 at 12:22 pm

I am not a doctor nor do I play one on t.v but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express when I was in Philadelphia.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Ok, in all seriousness, this is about MINOR inflictions/conditions. If it is a serious matter SEEK MEDICAL ASSISTANCE.

Cat

Subject: Re: Ask Me About Home/Herbal Remedies

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/06/09 at 12:29 pm

Hey Cat! This question has to do with cats (since you are a cat lady, maybe you have a suggestion). My cat (Oliver Moonboots) seems to have caught a cold from my sister's cat Peppermint (I am watching Peppermint till August and he had a cold when we got him, he was from a shelter). Anyway...Beth took Peppermint to the vet and they gave him amoxacillin drops and eyedrops. He seems to be better now..but Oliver is not himself. His eye is infected, he has been hiding away by himself, not eating much, and puts up a HUGE fuss when we try to put the drops in his mouth. Is there anything else I could give him for this cold, besides the amoxacillian, in your opinion?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/09 at 12:38 pm

Hey Cat! This question has to do with cats (since you are a cat lady, maybe you have a suggestion). My cat (Oliver Moonboots) seems to have caught a cold from my sister's cat Peppermint (I am watching Peppermint till August and he had a cold when we got him, he was from a shelter). Anyway...Beth took Peppermint to the vet and they gave him amoxacillin drops and eyedrops. He seems to be better now..but Oliver is not himself. His eye is infected, he has been hiding away by himself, not eating much, and puts up a HUGE fuss when we try to put the drops in his mouth. Is there anything else I could give him for this cold, besides the amoxacillian, in your opinion?

My advice is keep trying and if he doesn't get better very soon, I would take him to the vet.

Cat

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/06/09 at 2:12 pm

Hi Cat!

Maybe you can help me. I was watching 16 Candles and I know that Molly Ringwald's character was eating carrots to try to increase her bust size. Does that really work? Eating a bunch of carrots? And if not, what does work?

Thank you!  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/09 at 3:11 pm

Hi Cat!

Maybe you can help me. I was watching 16 Candles and I know that Molly Ringwald's character was eating carrots to try to increase her bust size. Does that really work? Eating a bunch of carrots? And if not, what does work?

Thank you!   ;D

Never really heard of that. Gaining weight increases it.

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/07/09 at 7:58 pm

My advice is keep trying and if he doesn't get better very soon, I would take him to the vet.

Cat

thanks Cat! He seems to be getting a little better. He's eating/drinking today...and grooming himself. So far so good! :)

Written By: Davester on 05/08/09 at 8:03 am

I know a few herbal remedies...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/08/09 at 11:07 am

I know a few herbal remedies...

So do I.  ;)  That's why I started this thread.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/27/09 at 5:51 pm

I thought that I would bump this thread up with an interesting tidbit that I thought I would share with everyone. This is for those of you who suffer from allergies. The best cure for allergies is to eat a tablespoon or two of local honey a day. It has to be LOCAL. The idea behind this-honey is made from bees who gather pollen from local flowers. What are people usually allergic to? Pollen. Thus, by eating the honey, your body will build up immunity to the local pollen thus giving you relief from allergies. Try it. What do you have to lose (beside maybe your allergies). And besides, honey is yummy.  :)

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/09 at 12:22 pm

What are the medicinal benefits of Eucalyptus?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/09 at 2:04 pm

What are the medicinal benefits of Eucalyptus?

What about them?  ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Actually, there are many benefits of eucalyptus:
-respiratory issues
-muscles aches & pains
-wounds

To name a few.

Check this out to some of the uses for eucalyptus oil.

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/natural-essential-oils/health-benefits-of-eucalyptus-essential-oil.html

Cat 

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/09 at 2:07 pm

What about them?  ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Actually, there are many benefits of eucalyptus:
-respiratory issues
-muscles aches & pains
-wounds

To name a few.

Check this out to some of the uses for eucalyptus oil.

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/natural-essential-oils/health-benefits-of-eucalyptus-essential-oil.html

Cat 
Many thanks, aches and pains all sound too familar

Written By: danootaandme on 11/02/09 at 7:44 am

I thought that I would bump this thread up with an interesting tidbit that I thought I would share with everyone. This is for those of you who suffer from allergies. The best cure for allergies is to eat a tablespoon or two of local honey a day. It has to be LOCAL. The idea behind this-honey is made from bees who gather pollen from local flowers. What are people usually allergic to? Pollen. Thus, by eating the honey, your body will build up immunity to the local pollen thus giving you relief from allergies. Try it. What do you have to lose (beside maybe your allergies). And besides, honey is yummy.  :)

Cat

I've heard this one and it makes sense.  Unfortunately I didn't do it and I am in the midst of the worst allergy attack that I have had in about 30 years.  :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/02/09 at 11:02 am

I've heard this one and it makes sense.  Unfortunately I didn't do it and I am in the midst of the worst allergy attack that I have had in about 30 years.   :(

Go out and buy some local honey and see if it clears up.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/22 at 4:21 am

If a vitamin tablet is described as 'chewable', do you still get the benefits still if it swollen whole?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/12/22 at 3:48 pm

If a vitamin tablet is described as 'chewable', do you still get the benefits still if it swollen whole?

Yes. Whether the tablet is dissolved in the mouth by saliva, or in the stomach by stomach acids, it is being dissolved and will enter into the body.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/18/22 at 6:18 am

Yes. Whether the tablet is dissolved in the mouth by saliva, or in the stomach by stomach acids, it is being dissolved and will enter into the body.

Cat
Thank you, we were having this discussion, and hesitant in responding to it.

Check for new replies or respond here...