inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Me Anything About Disney World

Written By: Matthias on 05/10/09 at 10:04 pm

If I don't know I'm sure the Disney Nuts I work with sure do!

Subject: Re: Ask Me Anything About Disney World

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/14/09 at 11:19 am

Cool thread!  I went to Disney World in February for the first time (I'm 30) and I fell in love with it.  It was truly the most magical place I've ever been and can't wait to go back.

I was disappointed to learn that, shortly after I left, Space Mountain was closed for refurbishment.  Do you know what exactly is being done?  I think the ride was perfect the way it was... If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Written By: Matthias on 05/14/09 at 11:26 am

I hear that... I hope it's fixed when I go back in August that would really stink, seeing that it's one of the best rides at The Magic Kingdom, and for people like you who have only been there once to miss out on an opportunity like that is a shame.

Anyways, From what I hear they're putting in new track for safety reasons because the layout of the ride is going to stay the same. They're also improving on the queue of the ride (Not really sure what they're going to do there). Pretty much it's going through a lot of renovations in order to make sure that the ride is in perfect working order and still safe. I also hear that they're making it actually darker inside, but we'll see what happens there.

It plans to reopen in November of 2009

When I was working down there they had "The Hall of Presidents" down for renovation, because of the installation of President Obama to the cast.

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/14/09 at 11:29 am

Thanks!  I actually did get to ride it (I think my post was a bit misleading the way I worded it) and I LOVED it.  I really liked the queue... I wish they wouldn't change it... but too late LOL

What's your favorite thing about Disney World?
Any good insider tips for my next visit?  Any hidden gems that not many people know about?
How many times have you been?

Written By: Matthias on 05/14/09 at 11:39 am

Thanks!  I actually did get to ride it (I think my post was a bit misleading the way I worded it) and I LOVED it.  I really liked the queue... I wish they wouldn't change it... but too late LOL

What's your favorite thing about Disney World?
Any good insider tips for my next visit?  Any hidden gems that not many people know about?
How many times have you been?

I love everything about Disney World, I worked there last summer/fall and I can't wait to go back this fall and work again. I worked on The Jungle Cruise and it was fantastic, great people, and a lot of fun. That's probably what I like best about Disney World is that it's such a carefree place, unlike a lot of amusement parks everybody's happy and everything is run so smoothly that you don't have to worry about a lot of things. My favorite ride, other than the Jungle Cruise of course would probably have to be Rock-N-Roller Coaster in Hollywood Studios, because I like roller coasters and Aerosmith! Together it's just fantastic!

One thing that you need to check out is "Fantasticmic" also in Hollywood Studios because it's the best special effects show that I have ever witnessed in my life. I don't want to tell you too much about it, because you need to check it out when you go back, BUT it is freaking fantastic!

Funny that you mention "Hidden Gems" because the Imaginears at Disney actually have a lot of Hidden Mickeys all across the entire Walt Disney World resort, and in Disneyland, California as well. These "Hidden Mickeys" are pictures of Mickey Mouse that you have to actually look closely to see. Here's a web page that will tell you a little more about them: http://www.hiddenmickeysguide.com/

As I said I've worked there so I've probably been to each park at least 50 times if not more, since we get free admission and there's always something new to do down there. There are still things that I still need to do in each park, believe it or not.

Written By: anabel on 05/28/09 at 9:22 pm

What time is the 2 O'Clock Parade?

If I use my Park Hopper Pass, do I really have to hop from park to park?

Why does Goofy sign autographs on top of his nose?

Are Chip and Dale a "couple"?

Written By: Matthias on 05/29/09 at 12:38 am

lol... Those are some great questions! (Ones that I actually get all the time so I know the right answer for each of them)

1. 5:30 in the morning and if you're looking for the one in the Magic Kingdom it's actually in EPCOT

2. Yes, As soon as you get to one park you must get on a monorail or bus and get to another park (Continue doing that until all of the parks are closed)

3. Because he likes the smell of the ink from the pens

4. They were but now they're divorced and seeing other people... I hear that Chip is actually dating Chip from Beauty and the Beast now!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/29/09 at 9:10 pm

Hi! Do they still have the Captain EO ride?  ;)

Written By: Matthias on 06/04/09 at 10:31 am

Hi! Do they still have the Captain EO ride?  ;)

Sadly no, they got rid of that ride because it was too hard to maintain they still have a submarine ride at Disneyland but they turned it into a Finding Nemo Ride

Written By: snozberries on 06/20/09 at 3:32 am

whats the best time of year to go - yet avoid the crowds and still have decent weather?

and will you ask me more questions in my thread? The link can be found in my sig line  ;)

Written By: Matthias on 09/08/09 at 11:19 pm

whats the best time of year to go - yet avoid the crowds and still have decent weather?

and will you ask me more questions in my thread? The link can be found in my sig line  ;)

The weather is always really nice down in Orlando as it never gets cold (The rainy season is usually during the summer)
The best time to go from what I experianced is from September 1st until Thanksgiving (After Thanksgiving it starts getting busy because of Christmas though)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/09/09 at 7:39 pm

What's your favorite ride, there?

Written By: Matthias on 07/03/10 at 8:58 pm

My favorite ride is Rockin Roller Coaster because it's a roller coaster in the dark like Space Mountain but better because you go upside down and you listen to Aerosmith the whole time!

Written By: slacker on 07/03/10 at 9:04 pm

Do all the workers have access to all the tunnels
or do certain people have access to certain areas??

Written By: Matthias on 07/05/10 at 12:29 am

Do all the workers have access to all the tunnels
or do certain people have access to certain areas??

All workers have access to the tunnels you don't even need to work in Magic Kingdom in order to use them although they prefer that you do.

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/06/10 at 9:39 am

What are you most looking forward to in the Fantasyland expansion?

Written By: Matthias on 07/06/10 at 4:52 pm

The return of the underwater attraction! Little Mermaid is cool, but the fact that you're in a submarine underwater is something that I really missed about Disney World!

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/15/10 at 12:33 pm

Is that a picture of you as a tour guide on the Kilaminjaro Safari??

Written By: Matthias on 07/18/10 at 3:08 pm

Is that a picture of you as a tour guide on the Kilaminjaro Safari??

Actually it's a picture of myself working as a tour guide on the Jungle Cruise at the Magic Kingdom  :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/19/11 at 10:41 pm

So, Flynn's Arcade finally became reality:

NgBnamx3GHM

Any SoCal folks know if the Space Paranoids machine at Disney California Adventure's "Flynn's Arcade" is still there?  The game in the movie was ficticious, but the video you see was taken from a custom project done as part of the Tron Legacy marketing campaign.

Written By: Matthias on 09/17/11 at 7:51 pm

Any other questions?

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/22/11 at 5:19 pm

Any inside view on how to go for cheap?

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/23/12 at 9:46 am

Any unannounced plans in the works?  Would love some good imagineering gossip!

Written By: europa on 03/27/12 at 9:56 pm

How many disneyland in all around the world?

Check for new replies or respond here...