inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sure, why not . . . go ahead and ask me things . . .

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/01/09 at 3:58 pm

Consider this the return of the "Ask Spaceace" thread that ended so abruptly.

So, ask away!!! :)

Subject: Re: Sure, why not . . . go ahead and ask me things . . .

Written By: snozberries on 07/01/09 at 10:58 pm

where did the spaceace name come from and why did you change it...

who's reynolds and why 1863

how did you get into all that civil war crap I mean stuff?

what is the one interesting fact about the war that most of us don't know...

what's your favorite battle?

favorite historical figure

if you could have the ultimate historian dinner party who would be the guest of honor and who would the other guests be....

which former president should be president of modern society?

if you could time travel what event in history would you like to observe

if you could see two historical figures debate ..... and time and space is not an issues....who would they be and why?

and will you ask me questions in my thread... .  ;)  (links in my sig line)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/02/09 at 7:58 am

where did the spaceace name come from and why did you change it...  It came from my sister who called me that on a daily basis.  I left the board for awhile because of someone and came back as Reynolds1863.

who's reynolds and why 1863Reynolds is Major General John Fulton Reynolds (A most awesome Civil War General) and 1863 is for the battle of Gettysburg

how did you get into all that civil war crap I mean stuff?I blame my parents they should have never taken me to a battlefield when I was 6.  Had that not happen I would have gone into fashion design. :D

what is the one interesting fact about the war that most of us don't know...Probably that there were over five hundred women who fought disguised as men.

what's your favorite battle?Gettysburg

favorite historical figureYou mean I can only pick one? :(  Thomas Jefferson, I like the fact that he had his head on straight and was interesting in everything.

if you could have the ultimate historian dinner party who would be the guest of honor and who would the other guests be.... Queen Victoria, anyone who can keep an empire running for so long deserves to go through 20 questions +

which former president should be president of modern society?  Jefferson, he was secular which in my opinion is what this country needs.

if you could time travel what event in history would you like to observe For some reason I want to attend a 18th century ball. Sort of Jane Austinish.

if you could see two historical figures debate ..... and time and space is not an issues....who would they be and why?Congressman Thaddeus Stevens and James Buchanan two kick ass lawyers on opposite sides of the slavery issue.

and will you ask me questions in my thread... .  Wink   (links in my sig line)  Of course. :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/02/09 at 9:04 am

Fascinating answers thanks!!!

where did the spaceace name come from and why did you change it...  It came from my sister who called me that on a daily basis.  I left the board for awhile because of someone and came back as Reynolds1863.

I'm glad you came back!  :)  although I didn't know you the first time but now I know what I would have been missing if you hadn't and the thought of it makes me sad!

who's reynolds and why 1863Reynolds is Major General John Fulton Reynolds (A most awesome Civil War General) and 1863 is for the battle of Gettysburg

What came first? the General or the wrap..... actually that's a rhetorical question.  ;)

how did you get into all that civil war crap I mean stuff?I blame my parents they should have never taken me to a battlefield when I was 6.  Had that not happen I would have gone into fashion design. :D

you can't do both? 
was just a battlefield... like a guided tour or was it a reenactment?
do you go to reenactments?
Are they fairly accurate? have you found any amusing inaccuracies?
have you participated in any?
any amusing anecdotes you can share if you have?

what is the one interesting fact about the war that most of us don't know...Probably that there were over five hundred women who fought disguised as men.

I did not know this... and you're right it is interesting... hmmmmm I don't recall hollywood making this movie yet.... you know what we should talk...for realz. (sorry kevin  ;) )

what's your favorite battle?Gettysburg 

HEY! That's the one I know! well I mean the one I've heard of... at least I know that its not just an address or a place where Lincoln gave "some" speech...  :D

Did you read that Lincoln emancipation proclamation only freed slaves in the south... the union states were still allowed to own slaves or something because they followed or held the loyalty of the union... I read that somewhere... I have the book here but am too lazy to get the exact wording right now... if that's true it kind of pisses me off...

favorite historical figureYou mean I can only pick one? :(  Thomas Jefferson, I like the fact that he had his head on straight and was interesting in everything.

okay....okay... 2-10  GO!!!!!  excluding Reynolds cuz I already know you like him.

if you could have the ultimate historian dinner party who would be the guest of honor and who would the other guests be.... Queen Victoria, anyone who can keep an empire running for so long deserves to go through 20 questions +

cool

which former president should be president of modern society?  Jefferson, he was secular which in my opinion is what this country needs.

I should learn more about history huh?

if you could time travel what event in history would you like to observe For some reason I want to attend a 18th century ball. Sort of Jane Austinish.

interesting... somehow I thought you might have decided to be one of those women who fought in the civil war disguised as a man....btw are we talking north and south? or just south....because for some reason the southern conviction of the war seems like the side a woman would battle for... but maybe I'm just suddenly picturing scarlett O'hara taking up arms to defend Tara and what it means to her..... personally if I had been Butterfly McQueen or Hattie McDaniels I would have burned the shyt out of Tara when no one was looking and said the Soldier's is coming! The Soldier's is coming... then I would have run out the back door screaming and hoped everyone else ran out the front  ;D

if you could see two historical figures debate ..... and time and space is not an issues....who would they be and why?Congressman Thaddeus Stevens and James Buchanan two kick ass lawyers on opposite sides of the slavery issue.

oooh that would be interesting...

and will you ask me questions in my thread... .  Wink  (links in my sig line)  Of course. :)

thanks they were great questions! by the way I did my color scheme before seeing yours so I didn't copy you.... I'm just saying!  :D

Written By: danootaandme on 07/02/09 at 9:18 am

Are you going neat the battlefield this weekend? It is the big weekend and I am gonna miss it. A friend of mine is on a road trip in the area, I told him to go, he doesn't know enough about, thought it was just a big field,  ::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/02/09 at 9:43 am

Are you going neat the battlefield this weekend? It is the big weekend and I am gonna miss it. A friend of mine is on a road trip in the area, I told him to go, he doesn't know enough about, thought it was just a big field,  ::)

I really should however it's way too crowded.  You can't get close enough to see the battle let alone figure out which corps is what and which regiment is what.  The only thing I would go for on the forth is for the guest speakers.  A big field eh.  Oh ouch that hurt. >:(  BTW I'm going into Lancaster today what do you think the odds are of me going to see the General? ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/02/09 at 10:01 am

My first trip to Gettysburg was with my parents no tour guide which was why I eventually had to look up the answers for my 1000 questions.  So that's how it started.

I wanted to do reenactments however the only thing they'd let me do was be a girl.  I told them to piss off there was no way I was wearing a hoop skirt in public.  However I did do an encampment.  That was cool.  Wore the uniform, carried a rifle .  I cut my hair just to do that, didn't regret it either.

I yelled at a reinactor for having a cellphone once. ;D

Yeah, I probably burn Tara too.  Remembering of course the rule . . . pillage first then burn.  So many people get that mixed up and burn first. ::)

Yes, Lincoln only freed the slaves in the South.  It was a political move that would have hopefully brought the South to it's knees.  Slavery was still permitted in boarder states.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/02/09 at 4:15 pm

I should learn more about history huh?

I am disappointed in you Snoz.  I may have to come out there and give you a crash course in African American history. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/02/09 at 4:33 pm

I am disappointed in you Snoz.  I may have to come out there and give you a crash course in African American history. 

If you can pry her away from the TV. :-\\  Best shot is probably the History Channel.

Written By: snozberries on 07/02/09 at 9:04 pm

I am disappointed in you Snoz.  I may have to come out there and give you a crash course in African American history.  

oh no... my African American history if fairly solid...its the "regular" history that I'm a bit shaky on...  ;)

nah... that stuff is boring... I can't watch it...

Written By: snozberries on 07/02/09 at 9:10 pm

My first trip to Gettysburg was with my parents no tour guide which was why I eventually had to look up the answers for my 1000 questions.  So that's how it started.

so did you ever work as some historical society tour guide?  or something like that?

I wanted to do reenactments however the only thing they'd let me do was be a girl.  I told them to piss off there was no way I was wearing a hoop skirt in public.  However I did do an encampment.  That was cool.  Wore the uniform, carried a rifle .  I cut my hair just to do that, didn't regret it either.

okay...what's the difference between a reenactment and an encampment....  and do you have pics of you from that time? I'd love to see them!

I yelled at a reinactor for having a cellphone once. ;D

did it have a ring or did it play music...how funny would it be to see some on a battle field and then suddenly hear

My milk shake brings all the boys to the yard
and they"re like it's better than yours
damn right it's better than yours
I can teach you; but I have to charge 
I can see you want it
the thing that makes me what the guys go crazy for
They lose their minds; the way I wind
I think it's time la la-la la la,warm it

;D

Yeah, I probably burn Tara too.  Remembering of course the rule . . . pillage first then burn.  So many people get that mixed up and burn first. ::)

good point... thanks for the reminder!

Yes, Lincoln only freed the slaves in the South.  It was a political move that would have hopefully brought the South to it's knees.  Slavery was still permitted in boarder states.

seee I know stuff.... most people do not know this little tidbit!  :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/02/09 at 9:20 pm

No haven't worked as a tour guide.  However I can take a test and become a certified tour guide just not part of the Park Service.  If only I lived near there I could do it.

Reenactment is either a scrimmage or a battle.  An encampment is where you hang out by your tent roasting the dead horse that belonged to the brigade commander. (don't wanna let good meat go to waste.) You also end up explaining the daily life of a soldier to visitors, tourist gawkers.  I think I have some pictures at my parents house, one of these days I'll get around to getting them and getting them up.

No it didn't have a Kellis ring tone.  It had some country song. ::)

Yes, you do know stuff. :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/02/09 at 9:57 pm

No haven't worked as a tour guide.  However I can take a test and become a certified tour guide just not part of the Park Service.  If only I lived near there I could do it.

Reenactment is either a scrimmage or a battle.  An encampment is where you hang out by your tent roasting the dead horse that belonged to the brigade commander. (don't wanna let good meat go to waste.) You also end up explaining the daily life of a soldier to visitors, tourist gawkers.  I think I have some pictures at my parents house, one of these days I'll get around to getting them and getting them up.

No it didn't have a Kellis ring tone.  It had some country song. ::)

Yes, you do know stuff. :)

ha encampment sounds like a lot more fun!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/03/09 at 7:10 am

ha encampment sounds like a lot more fun!

Best thing is walking up to some prissy chick and say "here hold my gun while I find a hole."  Just make sure you don't have the bayonet on it because even if your careful it freaks them out to the point of no return.  Some guy did that and she threatened to press charges.  Some people have no sense of humor. :P

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/09 at 7:44 am

Best thing is walking up to some prissy chick and say "here hold my gun while I find a hole."  Just make sure you don't have the bayonet on it because even if your careful it freaks them out to the point of no return.  Some guy did that and she threatened to press charges.  Some people have no sense of humor. :P

;D

Written By: danootaandme on 07/04/09 at 4:52 am

Even better go up to some guy who thinks he's all that and do that to him.  When I go to these sights with Sig guys will try to strike up a conversation with him,  he says"Don't ask me, ask her, she's the one who knows"  Just love the jaw drop  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 4:58 am

Even better go up to some guy who thinks he's all that and do that to him.  When I go to these sights with Sig guys will try to strike up a conversation with him,  he says"Don't ask me, ask her, she's the one who knows"  Just love the jaw drop   ;D

that's great ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/07/09 at 8:13 am

Even better go up to some guy who thinks he's all that and do that to him.  When I go to these sights with Sig guys will try to strike up a conversation with him,  he says"Don't ask me, ask her, she's the one who knows"  Just love the jaw drop   ;D

Yeah, I went with a male friend to one and the reenactor started talking to him so I started firing questions.  He just stood by and grinned and said "isn't she the cutest thing?"  Yeah they kind of get this pained look on their face.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/07/09 at 8:25 am

Okay who has more questions besides asking me about Civil War stuff.  Not that I don't mind it's just there's more to me than that . . . just not much more. ::)

Written By: snozberries on 07/07/09 at 7:52 pm

I accidentally posted these in Bobo's thread but they were meant for you  ;D

and....

What's your favorite Rankin/Bass Special?

Favorite Peanuts Special?

Which Peanuts character do you most identify with?

and because Ash apparently saved it for me  ;)

favorite TV shows from the past 5 actually  6  decades ?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/09/09 at 5:05 pm

I accidentally posted these in Bobo's thread but they were meant for you  ;D

Does this mean I cut and paste without Bobo's permission?

Not even going to ask where your mind was . . .

*sneaks over to Bobo's thread*

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/09/09 at 5:26 pm

Okay, I think I got it . . . maybe.

and....

What's your favorite Rankin/Bass Special?  It's a tie, Frosty The Snowman and Mad Monster Party?

Favorite Peanuts Special?  It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.  Because I do believe in the Great Pumpkin and one year I refused to go trick or treating so I could watch it.

Which Peanuts character do you most identify with? Linus because of his belief in something others call ridiculous he also has a sensitive spot for humanity and I also dig his blanket.

and because Ash apparently saved it for me  Wink  Ash is involved . . . go figure.  This should be good. ;D

6 might go back to the early 1950's.  Oh very well.

1950's - Circus Boy or I Love Lucy

1960's  - The Monkees  :)

1970's - The Muppets, The Love Boat and The All New Mickey Mouse Club.  (Which leads me to believe that Justin and Britney really do suck)

1980's - Saturday Morning cartoons!!!  Benson, Ripley's Believe It or Not (with Jack Palance because he's awesome) , The Facts Of Life.

1990's - I was watching Days of our Lives and Animaniacs. :-[

2000 - Journeyman (because of Gretchen Egolf) , you tube, so I can still watch I Love Lucy and Circus Boy  I'm told that this is a sign of old age. :P

Written By: snozberries on 07/10/09 at 7:46 am

Okay, I think I got it . . . maybe.

and....

What's your favorite Rankin/Bass Special?  It's a tie, Frosty The Snowman and Mad Monster Party?

Favorite Peanuts Special?  It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.  Because I do believe in the Great Pumpkin and one year I refused to go trick or treating so I could watch it.

Which Peanuts character do you most identify with? Linus because of his belief in something others call ridiculous he also has a sensitive spot for humanity and I also dig his blanket.

and because Ash apparently saved it for me  Wink  Ash is involved . . . go figure.  This should be good. ;D

6 might go back to the early 1950's.  Oh very well.

1950's - Circus Boy or I Love Lucy

1960's  - The Monkees  :)

1970's - The Muppets, The Love Boat and The All New Mickey Mouse Club.  (Which leads me to believe that Justin and Britney really do suck)

1980's - Saturday Morning cartoons!!!  Benson, Ripley's Believe It or Not (with Jack Palance because he's awesome) , The Facts Of Life.

1990's - I was watching Days of our Lives and Animaniacs. :-[

2000 - Journeyman (because of Gretchen Egolf) , you tube, so I can still watch I Love Lucy and Circus Boy   I'm told that this is a sign of old age. :P

you had to search bobo's thread to find questions I quoted here? Okay  ;D

great answers tho thanks... when I think of some more I will ask them!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/10/09 at 8:26 am

you had to search bobo's thread to find questions I quoted here? Okay  ;D

great answers tho thanks... when I think of some more I will ask them!

Had to see if you got it all.  Besides I wanted to see how Bobo handled it.

Written By: snozberries on 07/10/09 at 8:26 am

Had to see if you got it all.  Besides I wanted to see how Bobo handled it.

well you know bobo ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...