inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ask me about comic books.....

Written By: dogwelder on 02/11/10 at 11:18 pm

i run the biggest comic book store in brooklyn and my comic book knowledge is insane........i'll answer without help....and if i don't know, sorry!

Subject: Re: ask me about comic books.....

Written By: silhouette on 03/15/10 at 6:59 pm

Did Warren Ellis ever release Superidol as a real paper comic book? I've only read it online.

Written By: dogwelder on 03/19/10 at 12:35 pm

hmmmm....i think you mean supergod......supergod #1 and #2 have been relesed by avatar comics already.......#3 is set to ship next week according to my inventory.....so far i loved the first 2 issues!!!!

Written By: silhouette on 03/19/10 at 3:45 pm

http://www.artbomb.net/comics/superidol.jsp

This comic.

Written By: dogwelder on 03/21/10 at 1:28 am

it was never been released on paper
it was online only............its old........it may never be printed.

gravel.......ellis' best book!!!

Written By: Davester on 03/21/10 at 9:24 pm

Just started reading comics again after a twenty-plus year hiatus.  Started off with Dynamite's Red Sonja early last year.  Loved her back when Marvel had her in the 1980s and just about wore-out the Smith/Tierney paperbacks.  Trying to regain my bearings with DC Comics and have absolutely no idea where to start, so I just started picking random issues of random titles.  One thing I am not happy about is DC's flip-flopping on the issue of multiverses.  I dropped comics way back sometime after Crisis '85 when that particular event supposedly settled the issue of multiverses.  I see that Didio has brought them back.  Ugh...

At least Zatanna is getting her own series again.  Also, DC is bringing back Birds of Prey with the talented Gail Simone.  I love that series...

Anyway, what are your favorite publishers and/or titles..?

Written By: dogwelder on 03/25/10 at 1:17 am

SINCE YER CUMMIN' BACK INTO READIN' COMICS I WOULD SUGGEST TRADE PAPERBACKS OF OLDER STUFF YOU MAY HAVE ENJOYED THAT YOU MIGHT NOT OWN ANYMORE..............

PICKIN' UP RECENT TRADES OF NEWER DC STUFF GO FOR:
IDENTITY CRISIS
INFINITE CRISIS
MORRISON JLA
BATMAN HUSH
GREEN LANTERN REBIRTH
SINESTRO CORPS

the multiverse was brought back recently.........the choice of multi-earths has been alright...
i will check out new birds and zantanna

my favorite comic is the walking dead....

Written By: silhouette on 04/05/10 at 6:17 pm

I've got some old Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters comic books... was that ever actually a trend, parodies of TMNT?  :o

Written By: dogwelder on 04/26/10 at 9:17 am

I've got some old Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters comic books... was that ever actually a trend, parodies of TMNT?  :o

a trend.........and a parody. they were looking to cash in on tnmt's success. the rbbh comics died out fast.

Written By: slacker on 06/12/10 at 12:09 am

From the Archie Comics...

Were Betty and Veronica the same drawing, except for hair?

Betty who was sweet w/ blond hair and
Veronica who was "not so sweet", dark hair and rich.

Who did Archie like better  ::)
Veronica of course

Check for new replies or respond here...