inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: like anything new age and philosophical discussion is here ;)

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 05/28/10 at 1:34 am

ok the title explains everything so.... yeah ;)

if any one here is curious enough

interestingly if you are quite aware and sensitive enough that there has been great changes in the 00s alone.... like everything.... rapid globalisation... well shouldn't there be some physical changes to our body?.... well not the fact that we are getting weaker than those in older generation here...

i don't know how to describe it but.... if you guys know the stuff about those indigo children... or those crystals and such.... if anyone here is curious... i will gladly explain... and i bet you.... it will be an interesting thing to hear.... and yess it will give a fresh new perspective of our world... seriously...

oh anything alien related.... ask me i don't mind.... somehow this is related to all what i'm talking about

not just some mumbo jumbos here.... trust me it will be very interesting....  8)

Subject: Re: like anything new age and philosophical ;) just ask me :p

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/28/10 at 12:11 pm

Do you know anything about Wicca?

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=23624.0

What about homeopathic/herbal remedies?

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=36985.0

Cat

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/29/10 at 10:13 am

OK Fredrick, I'll bite.  I think the whole idea of indigo children is bullsheesh, especially regarding the "higher evolved" - discuss...

Here's a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_children

Written By: wildcard on 05/30/10 at 1:30 pm

know anything about thing swinging to answer yes and no questions.  I can do it I just have no idea what it is.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/30/10 at 1:54 pm

know anything about thing swinging to answer yes and no questions.  I can do it I just have no idea what it is.

Like I just answered you in the other thread, it is a pendulum.

http://www.wiccanwitchcraftblog.com/2008/10/how-to-use-pendulum.html

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 05/30/10 at 3:24 pm

^ okay well I didn't know if it was something you knew about or not.  Wouldn't mind what others have to say if they have anything to.

Subject: Re: like anything new age and philosophical discussion is here ;)

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 06/01/10 at 4:33 am

haha interesting response...

sorry for being a bit vague.... i should have change the title to discussion board here...

its just that these days... weird feelings i get where weird phenomenan happen more often...

sort of like "these things"....

like yeah 1 example of indigo child phenomenon

but lol thats an old info now....

there's much more than just being all self centred healing spiritual herbal such etc like that....which by the way i am no expert at that :p

it gets deeper into our purpose of existence and such.... often todays society can be ignorant and close minded....

i say that the indigo phenomenan thingsi that.... if u guys believe in reincarnations... these are usually people with old souls that have been through a lot on earth and therefore an automatic wisdom there... and as they are also more aware and sensitive.... most have ability that involve our ixth sense... even though we all have it technically but its closed... these people have automatically have them since they were born...

or other crazycrazy (supposedly) concept is "starseed" which means their souls weren't originally from eath... they come here wiith a mission... you can look at the factsin google :p

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 06/18/10 at 6:41 am

come on don't be shy people ;)

Written By: slacker on 06/19/10 at 7:09 pm

Indigo Children?
Are they actually purple, like blue babies or like orange jaundice babies  ;D

Possibly from lack of incandescent lighting, nothing but florescent??  :-\\
Possibly another LSD side effect from the hippie era??  :-\\

Just kidding, never heard indigo children before, sounds very purple to me 8-P

Written By: Frank on 06/19/10 at 7:17 pm

OK Fredrick, I'll bite.  I think the whole idea of indigo children is bullsheesh, especially regarding the "higher evolved" - discuss...

Here's a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_children

I read a book on that. I'm not in agreement with it either.

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/20/10 at 3:20 pm

Indigo Children?
Are they actually purple, like blue babies or like orange jaundice babies  ;D

Possibly from lack of incandescent lighting, nothing but florescent??  :-\\
Possibly another LSD side effect from the hippie era??  :-\\

Many parents having children diagnosed with autistic spectrum disorder believe that their children are "indigo children" because of their high intelligence levels in certain areas.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/20/10 at 8:47 pm

Fad diagnosis: Indigo Children.  Doesn't sound purple, sounds kinda like the mascot from AFLAC to me :)

http://www.fixcas.com/news/2008/quack.jpg

But hey, Jenny McCarthy believes her kid is an Indigo as part of her antivaccine thing.  And she has nice enough boobs to have modeled for Playboy, so I'm still inclined to stare at her while she talks about it, even though I know that every child she kills makes her grow stronger.  (Sorry Frederick, there are skeptics here as well as New-Agers :)

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/21/10 at 11:31 pm

Jenny McCarthy also believes she has "cured" her son's "autism"  ::)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/23/10 at 4:47 pm

Have you ever heard of the First Earth Battalion?

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 06/24/10 at 6:39 pm

hmmmh interesting response here....

i suppose you guys think that they have autism and such... and it is just another label for ome psychology thing...an a me

i guess you are half right guys... i do agree with some of your responses

but what if... just imagine... what if...

just imagine if you guys merely a physical being... what if there's something greater the ability that just comes naturally that are allowing you to see things that are more than just our physical world... like for example... we are able to see spectrums of energy in the air... and as your DNA develops we produce greatermagnetic energy within our body and are able to interfere with your electronics like blowing light bulbs and screwing radio signals etc... wouldn't that be annoying

or they are simply able to have higher consciousness and aremore receptive to their surrooundings and school is frusationg for them because it limits their creativity

they exist for real...  and they might be mislabelled autism and have similar characteristics but really they are simply more receptive to the environment surrounding them thaan the mainstream society and more of them in the future except people label these next generations of the new indidigos as "crystal" because they have clear aura's supposedly

and interesting facts... einstein was "indigo"

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 06/26/10 at 12:39 am

here is the good link for the facts and things about this new children if you guys were wondering

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1647295883864938444#

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/28/10 at 10:16 pm

but what if... just imagine... what if...

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

like for example... we are able to see spectrums of energy in the air...

Should be trivially testable if you're meaning something like near-infrared or ultraviolet.  If you're talking radio, our eyes would have to be several feet in diameter.  If you're talking X-Ray or gamma, they'd have to be made of things not found in biological systems.

we produce greatermagnetic energy within our body

This would also be trivially testable.  But it's never been observed, and there isn't enough ferromagnetic stuff in a human body to make it work.

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/046/123/original/magnets.jpg?1270937748

*bleep*ing magnets, that's not how they work.  

Sensitivity to magnetism, on the other hand, is perfectly plausible.  People are experimenting with Transcranial magnetic stimulation, but I wouldn't recommend trying it at home.  The fields involved are significantly higher than anything found in nature, and it's essentially the equivalent of trying to program a computer with an EMP pulse.  Interesting proof of concept if you're trying to prove that computers work on electrical impulses, but a bad idea if you're trying to actually program it.

So let's get back to nature and magnetism in the natural world, especially since I'm on an ICP and magnets kick: Pigeons and other birds have small clumps of magnetically-reponsive matter in their brains, and can detect - and navigate - according to the earth's magnetic field.  That's a pretty extraordinary claim - and it took *bleep*ing scientists a long time to come up with...

*bleep*ing pigeons, that's how they work.  

But yeah, much over 150 nanoTeslas and the pigeons don't come home when released away from landmarks, but we had to wait for the Sun to spout off several 30-billion-ton clouds of plasma in our general direction (and figuring that out was tough enough) in order to solve the mystery.

But none of that has anything to do with autism or Asperger's.  It was a neat diversion, though.

and interesting facts... einstein was "indigo"

While it is probable that Einstein had Asperger Syndrome.  I'll bet the people trying to explain psychological phenomena in terms of neurochemistry are able to produce a coherent explanation before the Indigo folks do.

I got a theory about magic and miracles: The universe is awesome and full of miracles even without having to make stuff up.  The question is - do we notice and recognize them?  (Man, I can't believe I'm defending ICP, especially in public, but there's a telescope in that video for a reason.  They managed to troll both their fans and the overly-sensitive-to-one-line scientific community all at the same time.  Lulz!)

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/29/10 at 7:31 pm

^ If you can't baffle them with bullsheesh, dazzle them with brilliance!  Karma, Foo Bar  :)

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 02/15/11 at 2:43 am

ahhh lol i am back again and with this new decade and new knowledges i learn for a while :p

ok lets just get over the fact that indigo can be considered merely as a new age label and terms plus this was back in the earlier days where they must somewhat "categorized" is as so people arent confused about these strange more occuring phenomenon

i'm not here to prophesise or anything lol thats very unlike me :D but there is a purpose i am informing you guys to be more prepared with kids who are in terms of their awareness and consciousness well developed wayy since their chidlhood... not all but increasing numbers of them... with the ever increasing rate of technology (my theory that by 2015 the technology advancement rate would slow down) its very much possible for these kids to experience or at least learn a lot from an early ge... and with further knowledge thus producing greater awareness and consciousness in how they preceive their world...

not so weirdly enough... if you guys ever have learn at least a little bit about quantum physics (i'm not very good with explaining so i'll leave it to you guys to find out most of them) basically... how the scientists describe that the entire existence of universe after undertanding quantum physics really is " you only preceive your universe how you want to preceive it" ;)

i mean not even children itself.... teens, adults, even middle aged person have their own sense of rapidly expanding consciousness i believe in the past years.. not everyone... but more people are experiencing this.... if not now... probably sometime in the near future ;) so yeah be ready to receive so many downloads of information in the near future  8)

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/19/11 at 9:33 pm

not so weirdly enough... if you guys ever have learn at least a little bit about quantum physics (i'm not very good with explaining so i'll leave it to you guys to find out most of them) basically... how the scientists describe that the entire existence of universe after undertanding quantum physics really is " you only preceive your universe how you want to preceive it" ;)

No, quantum mechanics is weirder than that, and quantum chromodynamics is an order of magnitude weirder than that still.  The language of physics got hijacked by a bunch of quacks somewhere along the way, and I fear you've unwittingly become one of their followers.

(If you want to find a middle ground on which we can converse, you might dig Niels Bohr's essays on epistemology, and/or his correspondence with Einstein, but I warn you, if you want to dig any deeper, there's going to be a boatload of math.  And as smart as he was, he's about 50 years out of date.  His model of the atom is good enough to get you through high school - and most real-world - chemistry, but we've got much better ones now.)

To sum up the past 50 years of physics: The world's really weird, but most of the time it doesn't affect you.  If you're clever, you can come up with an experiment in which you can prove that the weirdness is real.  But however weird it is, the weirdness isn't governed by human thought.  The "observer" in quantum physics doesn't have to be human, or even sentient; it's just a verbal convenience that was used by physicists back in the day (and today), but it got hijacked by a bunch of pseudoscientists trying to sucker people out of their money.

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 02/20/11 at 1:35 am

thats why i dont buy their stuff (lol my other reasons is that i am cheap :P)

and you might just realise also that "weird" is really an illusion of we preceive when we see something unusual

sure it doesnt effect you ;) you did not choose (both awarely and subconsciously) to see it that way... but then again most of us just arent...

but if for any reason we somehow have more understanding of everything... you will see why this is significant ;)

if you think about it... actually dont... if you just look around you... or something that is not around you like further a field.... or two... or on the scale of global....  theres this subconscious movement inside many people because now that they see their world differently and more aboard than ever... especially in younger kids.... kids my age or even people in their 20s and early 30s... ok maybe older people as well in their golden years too...massive change in their consciousness of their surroundings...

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 02/20/11 at 1:36 am

i'm not saying everyone is like this... but more of them will become like this

Check for new replies or respond here...