inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Good occult works/how to gain occult knowledge?

Written By: Ryan112390 on 06/26/11 at 5:37 pm

I admit--I'm a fan of D&D and Warhammer Fantasy and the like. I don't play, but I love the worlds and stories based on the games. I notice a lot of stuff which would pass for occult stuff is incorporated into those games. I'm kind of interested in writing my own dark fantasy sort of story and would love some sources for the Occult, Occult works and the like, as well as fantasy Beasteries and the like.

Subject: Re: Good occult works/how to gain occult knowledge?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/11 at 3:23 pm

IMO, you are talking about two different species. You have fantasy-i.e. dragons, unicorns, etc. which I think that D&D falls under. Then you have the occult-i.e. witchcraft, voodoo, tarot cards, ghosts, esp, palm reading, etc.

Yes, it is possible to combine the two. Not really following fantasy, I'm sure people who write do incorporate many aspects of the occult into it. 

As to where to gain knowledge about the occult? The simple answer is EVERYWHERE!!!  ;D ;D ;D Try here: http://www.llewellyn.com/  That is a good place to start.

FYI My favorite author about witchcraft is Scott Cunningham.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...