inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Will You Help Me?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/30/12 at 9:13 pm

Hey Y'all!

I'm still on my quest to meet the Jacksons and I was wondering if you guys could help me, please. I follow a pack of the Jacksons on Twitter and I was wondering, if any of you have Twitter, will you tweet to them on my behalf and ask if I can meet them? You don't have to if you don't want to, but I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get. I really am trying--and exhausting--every outlet I can get my hands on.

Thank you.

Tiffeny

Subject: Re: Will You Help Me?

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/30/12 at 10:35 pm

I do not twitter or tweet (or whatever the heck it is) or I'd totally help you, Tif.  :(  Sorry.

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/12 at 11:34 am

Hey Y'all!

I'm still on my quest to meet the Jacksons and I was wondering if you guys could help me, please. I follow a pack of the Jacksons on Twitter and I was wondering, if any of you have Twitter, will you tweet to them on my behalf and ask if I can meet them? You don't have to if you don't want to, but I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get. I really am trying--and exhausting--every outlet I can get my hands on.

Thank you.

Tiffeny

What are their @names???

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/01/12 at 12:26 am

What are their @names???

Here they are:

Jermaine Jackson : @jermjackson5
Halima Rashid (Jermaine's wife/manager): @halimarashid
Marlon Jackson: @Marlon_Jackson
Jackie Jackson: @jackiejackson5

I also follow Latoya, but since she's not in The Jacksons band, I don't think she can do anything. At least I don't think. The only one I've heard from is Halima and I was so happy, I cried.
Thanks so much! A billion hugs for the help!

Written By: snozberries on 06/01/12 at 2:56 am

And yours?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/01/12 at 6:49 pm

Whoops.

Mine is:

@MJsLoveSlave 

::) I know I know.

Written By: snozberries on 06/01/12 at 9:57 pm

Whoops.

Mine is:

@MJsLoveSlave 

::) I know I know.

Honestly tiff...the name may be a little off putting to them. I'd consider using something else. But that's just me. 

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/02/12 at 4:10 pm

Well, I don't know how to change it.
I'm trying. And trust me I know people with WORSE names than that.

Written By: snozberries on 06/02/12 at 7:28 pm

Well, I don't know how to change it.
I'm trying. And trust me I know people with WORSE names than that.

Log into Twitter on the computer,  go to Edit my profile, click on the Account option and that should show you your current info....you should be able to change the user name there.

You don't have to change it, and I'm sure there are worse names out there, but if you are trying to get in with the family you don't want to be seen as psycho crazy fan....even if you are... you gotta fake it a bit otherwise it will totally turn them off and you won't get near them.

I personally cannot tweet  to a member of the family please let my friend @MJsloveslave backstage at the concert.... it just doesn't sit right with me... sorry but I'm just being honest and going off my experience with celebs they can  get weirded out easily...

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/03/12 at 7:26 pm

Okay, thanks for trying.

I got a reply back from Halima--with the crazy SN--and she said for me to email Jermaine's people, which I did. I haven't heard anything back, but then again, I don't expect a response, becasuse Jermaine is kind of the most busy Jackson.

But I'm hatching new plans all the time and asking my friend who's going with me, if she likes them. I was on a problem solving team for five years as a kid. If there;s one thing I can do, is find a solution to a problem. So, I'm trying a variety of things.

My friend Ebonie and I paid extra for access to "VIP" lounge that lets in before and after the show, but I don;t really think there's a guarantee the Jacksons will show up and slam down Boilermakers. So, like I said, my mind is thinking. I'm trying because it would be a dream come true to meet them.

Written By: snozberries on 06/03/12 at 7:30 pm

Okay, thanks for trying.

I got a reply back from Halima--with the crazy SN--and she said for me to email Jermaine's people, which I did. I haven't heard anything back, but then again, I don't expect a response, becasuse Jermaine is kind of the most busy Jackson.

But I'm hatching new plans all the time and asking my friend who's going with me, if she likes them. I was on a problem solving team for five years as a kid. If there;s one thing I can do, is find a solution to a problem. So, I'm trying a variety of things.

My friend Ebonie and I paid extra for access to "VIP" lounge that lets in before and after the show, but I don;t really think there's a guarantee the Jacksons will show up and slam down Boilermakers. So, like I said, my mind is thinking. I'm trying because it would be a dream come true to meet them.

Did you buy the tix that were similar to the link I provided you in my ask me thread. That was pretty much a guaranteed meet and greet.

Check for new replies or respond here...