inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Macaroni Man

Written By: Macaroni Man on 06/24/12 at 3:23 pm

I'll put up one of these just in case someone feels like asking ME something for some very strange reason. 

Unfortunately I'm not an expert on any particular topic, so I feel narcissistic by starting this.  Just imagine it's like Formspring I guess

Bring on the crickets! you know, cuz crickets chirp during awkward silences

Subject: Re: Ask Macaroni Man

Written By: snozberries on 06/24/12 at 3:27 pm

Kraft or store brand?

Written By: Macaroni Man on 06/24/12 at 6:45 pm

Kraft or store brand?

I almost always like the real brand better, so Kraft.  Besides, they also have those special Spongebob shaped noodles occasionally!  I think we have the "Great Value" (Wal-Mart) brand most often though. 

But it's true that the store brands ARE cheaper, and sometimes they really don't make a difference.  Like water for example, tastes the same everywhere so you should just get the cheaper one. 

Written By: snozberries on 06/24/12 at 6:53 pm

I almost always like the real brand better, so Kraft.  Besides, they also have those special Spongebob shaped noodles occasionally!  I think we have the "Great Value" (Wal-Mart) brand most often though. 

But it's true that the store brands ARE cheaper, and sometimes they really don't make a difference.  Like water for example, tastes the same everywhere so you should just get the cheaper one.

I have to disagree with you about water. I dislike Arrowhead....a lot. It makes me thirstier when I drink than say Sparkletts, Kirkland, Dansani or Trader Joe's brands.

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/24/12 at 10:19 pm

Do you eat the powdered faux cheese kind or the big congealed orange blob of faux cheese kind?

Written By: snozberries on 06/24/12 at 10:20 pm

Do you eat the powdered faux cheese kind or the big congealed orange blob of faux cheese kind?

8-P

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/24/12 at 10:49 pm

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/P1-BF854_PASTA_D_20120420184358.jpg

Ever raised a toast to Guillermo Haro, Pasta Architect from Kraft Foods, the guy who's been inventing most of those fancy shaped pastas for the past 22 years, ensuring they look the same when they're in the box as they do on the plate, that they don't break apart, that they're of uniform thickness that they cook evenly, and and that they're shaped just right to hold enough sauce to remain tasty?

Written By: Howard on 06/25/12 at 7:13 am

Did Yankee Doodle stick a feather in his cap and called it macaroni?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/25/12 at 7:53 am

Not so much a question as a compliment: I clicked on your YouTube link and watched your "Subscribe To My Page" parody and I thought it was hilarious.

So much so that I actually did subscribe to your page. :D

Written By: Macaroni Man on 06/27/12 at 11:02 pm

@Ladybug, if one adds just the right amount of milk and mixes it patiently, the orange cheese powder will eventually unclump itself entirely.  But it must be eaten hastily because no one likes leftover Mac and cheese that sticks together. 

@Foo, not only have I raised a toast to him, but I've - wait for it - built a macaroni sculpture out of him.  But seriously, I have heard of him before.  Just because I've heard of him doesn't mean I'm obsessed with Macaroni and google it all the time, I just....huh I guess that is what it means.  And apparently there's another Guillermo Haro that was an astronomist according to Wikipedia. 

@Howard: Indeed.  And that feather was the great great grandfather of my father (most of my starchy-grain pasta genetics came from my mom's family tree).  Everyone probably already knows this, but that song was created as a taunt during the Seven Years' War, but the US adopted it as a classic patriotic folk song thing anyway. 

@Al-B: thanks.        That video seemed most appropriate to put as the autoplay one on my channel, but I've often questioned my decision, wondering if it would give people the wrong impression of me, and I also have better songs that I could display instead. 

Written By: Howard on 06/28/12 at 7:18 am

Are you married to a macaroni woman?  :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/28/12 at 8:56 am

Are you strictly a macaroni man or do you cook up some shells & Velveeta once in a while?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/12 at 2:15 pm

Do you have the fondness for spaghetti too?

Written By: Macaroni Man on 07/04/12 at 11:22 am

Man I'm slow at responding to these.

@Howard: Yes, she acquired superpowers of cheesiness after taking Macaroni grease burns to the chest.  http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/woman-assaulted-with-macaroni-grease (huh, Macaroni Man/Woman DOES sound like a superhero; never really thought about it).  In reality, no I am not married but I'm younger than most of the people here

@AlB: I did used to eat a lot of shells in the past... but you sea, now I have not in a while

@ Phillip: I don't know anyone who doesn't like spaghetti, it's deliciouz.  but it actually is annoying when people try to make it with anything other than the straight pasta.  Indeed, I mean to say macaroni noodles shouldn't be put in spaghetti sauce

Written By: Howard on 07/04/12 at 6:09 pm

Do you like other foods besides macaroni? ???

Written By: danootaandme on 07/04/12 at 6:45 pm

See much of Fusilli Jerry?

Written By: Macaroni Man on 07/06/12 at 10:40 am

Do you like other foods besides macaroni? ???

Yes.  I enjoy a good cat sandwich every now and then

See much of Fusilli Jerry?

Well I had to google that to know what you were talking about, but I do think I've used that Fusilli Jerry as an avatar somewhere before.  Although I do want to see that episode now, I must point out that Fusilli =/= Macaroni

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/06/12 at 10:47 am

:o :o :o :o

Should I be scared?

Cat

Written By: Macaroni Man on 07/06/12 at 10:58 am

Should I be scared?

Cat

No because I don't eat people who have funny avatars

Written By: danootaandme on 07/06/12 at 7:30 pm

I must point out that Fusilli =/= Macaroni

Fusilli doesn't have to equal macaroni to hang out with it....cousins as it were.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/06/12 at 8:08 pm

and I enjoy a nice hot dog.  ;D

Written By: Macaroni Man on 07/07/12 at 8:23 am

and I enjoy a nice hot dog.  ;D

Or as I like to call them
>.>
<.<
Chinese food
(bring on the negative karmel)

Check for new replies or respond here...