inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask me anything about me.

Written By: warped on 08/18/12 at 4:27 pm

And I'll try and answer.
If not, I'll make something up that might be interesting. :D

Subject: Re: Ask me anything about Baseball or Hockey, or the cities of Toronto or Montreal.

Written By: nally on 08/18/12 at 5:09 pm

Were you a fan of the Montreal Expos (before they moved to D.C. and became the Nationals in 2005)?

Subject: Re: Ask me anything about Baseball or Hockey, or the cities of Toronto or Montreal.

Written By: snozberries on 08/18/12 at 6:40 pm

I know tge new Degrassi eps film on a studio but Kids of Degrassi St and even the old Degrassi Jr High / Degrassi High seemed to shoot on location. Soooo my question is- is there a real degrassi st in Toronto?

One of my good friends lives in Montreal. He hates it. Do you like Montreal?  Do you speak French fluently too?

Written By: warped on 08/18/12 at 7:09 pm

Were you a fan of the Montreal Expos (before they moved to D.C. and became the Nationals in 2005)?

Yes, I was a fan of the Expos...and also a fan of the Blue Jays. I did not transfer my loyalties to the Nationals (I think they have the best record in Baseball right now.)

Written By: warped on 08/18/12 at 7:18 pm

I know tge new Degrassi eps film on a studio but Kids of Degrassi St and even the old Degrassi Jr High / Degrassi High seemed to shoot on location. Soooo my question is- is there a real degrassi st in Toronto?

One of my good friends lives in Montreal. He hates it. Do you like Montreal?  Do you speak French fluently too?

There is a De Grassi street in Toronto. But the school they used wasn't on Degrassi street, but pretty close by. I have passed by that school many times, but never been inside, nor did I ever see them shoot on location there. I have seen some of the actors/actresses though, in the Toronto area.

Montreal and Toronto are 2 different cities. Montreal is still quite European.
I can get by in French...just don't ask me to write anything in French (that would belong in the wrongest thread category)

Written By: Howard on 08/18/12 at 7:52 pm

What's the temperature over there in Montreal?

Written By: snozberries on 08/18/12 at 7:52 pm

That's so cool. I totally wanna visit Toronto now!!!! Gonna add it to my road trip itinerary for after I win the lotto! :-)

Written By: warped on 08/18/12 at 8:02 pm

What's the temperature over there in Montreal?

Forecast for the next week...highs of 80F all week.
Don't visit Montreal in December or January. Brrrrr.

Written By: nally on 08/18/12 at 10:45 pm

Yes, I was a fan of the Expos...and also a fan of the Blue Jays. I did not transfer my loyalties to the Nationals (I think they have the best record in Baseball right now.)

Cool. I do remember you mentioning something in the baseball thread about the 1981 postseason, which was the only time the Expos got there.

And yes, the Nationals do currently have the best MLB record. I sure hope they win the NL East division.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/19/12 at 4:48 am

I visited Montreal once and loved it and have always wanted to visit Toronto. 

Written By: warped on 08/19/12 at 6:36 am

I visited Montreal once and loved it and have always wanted to visit Toronto.

Toronto:

http://www.geostoronto.com/files/photos/canada_ontario_toronto_canada.jpg

Montreal:

http://balanceoffood.typepad.com/.a/6a00e55214ffbe88340163058a18df970d-800wi

Written By: nally on 08/19/12 at 11:47 am

^ Lovely. I would like to go to those places someday. :)

Written By: warped on 08/19/12 at 12:58 pm

^ Lovely. I would like to go to those places someday. :)

I know you are a baseball fan, the Jays play at Rogers Centre, just to the left at the tall tower (CN tower)  in the Toronto photo. (The curved shaped white roof building is the Rogers Centre)

Written By: Howard on 08/19/12 at 1:16 pm

What do you know about The Montreal Screwjob?

Written By: warped on 08/19/12 at 1:19 pm

What do you know about The Montreal Screwjob?

I didn't watch it but heard of it and watched clips at a later date. You are talking about the Bret Hart wrestling match against Shaun Michaels, right?...and not the weekend I spent in Montreal in 1988.

Written By: Howard on 08/19/12 at 1:36 pm

I didn't watch it but heard of it and watched clips at a later date. You are talking about the Bret Hart wrestling match against Shaun Michaels, right?...and not the weekend I spent in Montreal in 1988.

It was November 9th 1997. Bret Hart should've kept the title that night but he chose to screw himself and go to WCW.

Written By: nally on 08/19/12 at 3:35 pm

I know you are a baseball fan, the Jays play at Rogers Centre, just to the left at the tall tower (CN tower)  in the Toronto photo. (The curved shaped white roof building is the Rogers Centre)

Oh yes. If I ever visit Toronto, I will definitely want to visit that stadium. So far I have visited two stadiums other than Dodger Stadium: AT&T Park (home of the Giants) and Petco Park (home of the Padres), both on my cruise earlier this year.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/19/12 at 4:50 pm

Robertson Davies  Now there was a writer.  :)

Written By: warped on 08/19/12 at 6:13 pm

Robertson Davies  Now there was a writer.  :)

Many of my female schoolmates liked his books since he was from the area. I'm not an avid reader. I do remember reading a short story (or play??) of his in high-school. It might have been a required reading, I just don't remember the title at all.
(See? I told ya I wasn't an avid reader.)

Written By: warped on 08/19/12 at 6:17 pm

Oh yes. If I ever visit Toronto, I will definitely want to visit that stadium. So far I have visited two stadiums other than Dodger Stadium: AT&T Park (home of the Giants) and Petco Park (home of the Padres), both on my cruise earlier this year.

I've been to both ballparks in Toronto (They were at Exhibition stadium before 1989), and I visited both ballparks in Montreal. The "Big-O" and "Jarry Park"
I have also seen games at Yankee Stadium and the one in Philadelphia. I'd like to see a game at Wrigley field, or Fenway park, in my lifetime.
I've been to many little league games too. I used to coach it, years ago. Kids are fun but there's always 1 or 2 that are challenging to deal with.

Subject: Re: Ask me anything about Baseball or Hockey, or the cities of Toronto or Montre

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/20/12 at 11:28 am

Do you follow the CFL? Have you ever been to an Argos game?

Subject: Re: Ask me anything about Baseball or Hockey, or the cities of Toronto or Montre

Written By: warped on 08/20/12 at 1:17 pm

Do you follow the CFL?

No. Or I should say "barely".

Have you ever been to an Argos game?

No.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/12 at 1:22 pm

Is there a good website that explains the rules of baseball in layman's terms?

Written By: warped on 08/20/12 at 1:40 pm

I have followed baseball since I was 5 and never had to check a website for that.  When I coached Little league, no internet at that time and we used a "how to play baseball" book for little league (young people).

I glanced over http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_rules and it seemed to make sense to me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/12 at 1:41 pm

I have followed baseball since I was 5 and never had to check a website for that.  When I coached Little league, no internet at that time and we used a "how to play baseball" book for little league (young people).

I glanced over http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_rules and it seemed to make sense to me.
Many thanks

Written By: nally on 08/20/12 at 1:42 pm

I've been to both ballparks in Toronto (They were at Exhibition stadium before 1989), and I visited both ballparks in Montreal. The "Big-O" and "Jarry Park"
I have also seen games at Yankee Stadium and the one in Philadelphia. I'd like to see a game at Wrigley field, or Fenway park, in my lifetime.
I've been to many little league games too. I used to coach it, years ago. Kids are fun but there's always 1 or 2 that are challenging to deal with.

In addition, I have passed by Wrigley Field, when I went to Chicago with my family in 1994. Also, I've probably passed by Angel Stadium several times on the freeway when we've gone into Orange County.

Also, for the record, I have not seen any ballgames in stadiums other than Dodger Stadium.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/21/12 at 3:05 am

None of you baseball fans have been anywhere until you have been to Fenway  ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/21/12 at 3:08 am

The best way would be to get a fan and have him/her explain it while you watch a game.  Trying to read the rules doesn't quite do it.

Written By: warped on 08/21/12 at 6:47 am

The best way would be to get a fan and have him/her explain it while you watch a game.  Trying to read the rules doesn't quite do it.

I agree. And when the fan explains it, you may have many questions. It takes a long time to learn the game. It's not as easy as "throw the ball, knock down as many pins as you can" bowling.

Written By: warped on 08/21/12 at 6:48 am

None of you baseball fans have been anywhere until you have been to Fenway  ;)

I tried to get to Fenway, but my car went through Bill Buckner's legs.  ;)

Written By: nally on 08/21/12 at 12:25 pm

I agree. And when the fan explains it, you may have many questions. It takes a long time to learn the game. It's not as easy as "throw the ball, knock down as many pins as you can" bowling.

Watching a game is one way to learn, but it's not quite that simple either. Sure, a batter needs to be able to hit his way on base... but you never know if a bad play will be made by the defense or anything like that. It might help to watch the games on a regular basis.

LOL! :D

Written By: danootaandme on 08/21/12 at 6:52 pm

;D

Too bad you can't get here.  I hear the tickets here are now going for less than tickets to the Pawtucket Red Sox(farm team). 

Written By: warped on 08/21/12 at 7:43 pm

;D

Too bad you can't get here.  I hear the tickets here are now going for less than tickets to the Pawtucket Red Sox(farm team).

My car made it through Buckner's legs, but now it has a huge Bucky Dent in it, can't go.

Written By: loki 13 on 09/02/12 at 9:16 am

Which Park in Philadelphia, The Vet or Citizens Bank? I've only been to Citizens Bank Park once; I've been to the Vet,
or Veterans Stadium, too many times to count and I've been to Connie Mack a few times. Of the three, Citizens Bank
Park is the best. The only other Yard Ive been to is Camden Yards.

I see that no one has brought up hockey yet, why do I get the feeling that when they finally do get to playing we will
be at odds the whole season?  ::) 

Written By: warped on 09/02/12 at 1:50 pm

Which Park in Philadelphia, The Vet or Citizens Bank?

The Vet. Saw Steve Carlton pitch.

I see that no one has brought up hockey yet, why do I get the feeling that when they finally do get to playing we will
be at odds the whole season?  ::) 

Depends what team you cheer for. I'm taking a wild guess it's Philadelphia.  I'm not a Philly fan, but Philly Vs Pittsburgh last year was the most exciting series I saw in a long time.  I like Claude Giroux.

Written By: loki 13 on 09/02/12 at 2:29 pm

The Vet. Saw Steve Carlton pitch.

Chances are I was at the same game. I like The Vet, it was such a rat hole it was intimidating.

Depends what team you cheer for. I'm taking a wild guess it's Philadelphia.  I'm not a Philly fan, but Philly Vs Pittsburgh last year was the most exciting series I saw in a long time.  I like Claude Giroux.

That series will go down as one of the great ones. There is no love lost between the cities.

The Boy and I are die hard Flyer fans. When the Flyers are on, my wife locks herself in her room so as not hear us. It don't work,
even the neighbors down the street know when the flyers are on.

I had to set The Boy right though, when he played roller hockey he was a Maple Leaf fan. I still have a custom made Jonas Hoglund
sweater hanging in my basement. 

Written By: warped on 09/02/12 at 2:40 pm

Chances are I was at the same game. I like The Vet, it was such a rat hole it was intimidating.

The game was in July 1978, against Houston. 

That series will go down as one of the great ones. There is no love lost between the cities.

I saw that.  Crosby's a great player but one day he's gonna get the living shyt kicked out of him because of his antics. 

I had to set The Boy right though, when he played roller hockey he was a Maple Leaf fan. I still have a custom made Jonas Hoglund
sweater hanging in my basement. 

BURN THE SWEATER!!!!  :D

I might like the Leafs less than you do.

Written By: Howard on 09/02/12 at 3:20 pm

What groups are you familar with from the 70's from Montreal?

Written By: warped on 09/02/12 at 3:44 pm

What groups are you familar with from the 70's from Montreal?

You mean musical groups? bands?

Written By: Howard on 09/02/12 at 3:46 pm

You mean musical groups? bands?

Yes.

Written By: warped on 09/02/12 at 3:52 pm

Gino Vanelli, Patsy Gallant, Pagliaro were from the Montreal area. April Wine was based in Montreal but they were from the East coast. French bands and singers like Harmonium and Rene Simard were popular in the 70s.  Any particular artist you were asking about?

Written By: snozberries on 09/02/12 at 7:30 pm

Why are Montrealians....Montrealers? So fond of breakfast 

Written By: warped on 09/02/12 at 9:01 pm

Why are Montrealians....Montrealers? So fond of breakfast

It's "Montrealers".  O0    Why are they so fond of breakfast? Not sure what you mean... I eat breakfast...everyone I know eats breakfast... Do people not eat breakfast in California much?  Noit sure what you are asking.

Written By: Howard on 09/03/12 at 3:22 pm

Gino Vanelli, Patsy Gallant, Pagliaro were from the Montreal area. April Wine was based in Montreal but they were from the East coast. French bands and singers like Harmonium and Rene Simard were popular in the 70s.  Any particular artist you were asking about?

Nah just wondering in general....  ;)

Written By: warped on 09/03/12 at 4:26 pm

Nah just wondering in general....  ;)

Music from the Toronto area was better than Montreal's music in the 1970s.

Written By: snozberries on 09/03/12 at 10:15 pm

It's "Montrealers".  O0    Why are they so fond of breakfast? Not sure what you mean... I eat breakfast...everyone I know eats breakfast... Do people not eat breakfast in California much?  Noit sure what you are asking.

We eat breakfast but apparently it's a big deal in Montreal (according to my friend & a friend from here who went to visit them) they love breakfast more than the average human....or so I'm told

Written By: warped on 09/04/12 at 7:03 am

We eat breakfast but apparently it's a big deal in Montreal (according to my friend & a friend from here who went to visit them) they love breakfast more than the average human....or so I'm told

I've not heard this trend before but it's entirely possible for 2 reasons.
1) Lots of Europeans in Montreal, and many of then French. They enjoy their coffee with Baguettes (bread). When I travelled around Europe in the 1980s, I stayed in youth hostels. Breakfast was a very popular meal there.  Good luck for me trying to get cereal there. Nope. Lots of scrambled eggs available, long thin baguettes. Lots of bread.
2) When I visited Montreal (often) in the 80s, 90s, early 2000s, they have some clubs open till 3 or 4 am...people then get together after that for a bite to eat. They call it breakfast. I know..I've participated  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/04/12 at 10:43 am

I've not heard this trend before but it's entirely possible for 2 reasons.
1) Lots of Europeans in Montreal, and many of then French. They enjoy their coffee with Baguettes (bread). When I travelled around Europe in the 1980s, I stayed in youth hostels. Breakfast was a very popular meal there.  Good luck for me trying to get cereal there. Nope. Lots of scrambled eggs available, long thin baguettes. Lots of bread.
2) When I visited Montreal (often) in the 80s, 90s, early 2000s, they have some clubs open till 3 or 4 am...people then get together after that for a bite to eat. They call it breakfast. I know..I've participated  ;D

Makes sense :-)

Subject: Re: Ask me anything about Baseball or Hockey, Toronto or Montreal, or just anything.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/12/12 at 7:51 am

Have you been up the CN tower and did you enjoy it?

Also, are the Toronto Islands worth visiting?

Subject: Re: Ask me anything about Baseball or Hockey, Toronto or Montreal, or just anything.

Written By: warped on 11/12/12 at 10:27 am

I've been up the CN tower 5 or 6 times. It's a great view of the city. I'd recommend it ( unless the price is too steep or you have a fear of heights )
On a clear day you can see the mist rising up from Niagara falls, on the other side of Lake Ontario.

I haven' been to all the islands, only Centre island, a couple of times, it's a nice place to get away, great view of downtown. It's not on the top 10 things to do in Toronto, but if you are visiting and have the time, it's a nice play to go ( Centre island)

Written By: belmont22 on 11/20/12 at 12:42 pm

Have you been to Vancouver and did you like it?

Written By: warped on 11/20/12 at 12:47 pm

Have you been to Vancouver and did you like it?

I've lived in Vancouver for a short time, am familiar with the city. I prefer the east coast to the west coast, lots of reasons but the #1 is probably because I grew up in the east coast & am used to it.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/20/12 at 12:54 pm

I've lived in Vancouver for a short time, am familiar with the city. I prefer the east coast to the west coast, lots of reasons but the #1 is probably because I grew up in the east coast & am used to it.

To me Vancouver and Toronto just both feel like Canada, I really enjoy both cities. :) But I'm sure to a Canadian, the differences are probably a lot more apparent. I've never actually spent months or years on end in either place too of course.

Written By: warped on 11/20/12 at 1:22 pm

To me Vancouver and Toronto just both feel like Canada, I really enjoy both cities. :) But I'm sure to a Canadian, the differences are probably a lot more apparent. I've never actually spent months or years on end in either place too of course.

Yeah, there are huge diffenrences between Toronto and Vancouver. Vancouver has that west coast mentality, Toronto is a USA wannabe. (but a fail in that category  ;D)

Toronto is fast paced, Vancouver slower paced. Toronto is more strict on laws in general, Vancouver not so much.

I assume (by your post) you have been to both cities?  Which one do you like more?

Written By: belmont22 on 11/20/12 at 1:31 pm

Yeah, there are huge diffenrences between Toronto and Vancouver. Vancouver has that west coast mentality, Toronto is a USA wannabe. (but a fail in that category  ;D)

Toronto is fast paced, Vancouver slower paced. Toronto is more strict on laws in general, Vancouver not so much.

I assume (by your post) you have been to both cities?  Which one do you like more?

I have. I went back east earlier this year and spent about 9 days in Ontario, mostly in Toronto, and I've been up to Vancouver twice in the past year.

It's kind of a draw. As a city, I actually prefer Toronto. It's more exciting, it's bigger, and believe it or not, it's actually somewhat cheaper as well. But at the same time, Vancouver has a much better setting. You can literally take the city bus from downtown and go skiing or snowboarding! And the setting along the Salish Sea is overall a bit more scenic than Toronto's setting on Lake Ontario. Don't get me wrong though, Ontario is beautiful in its own way, especially the further north you go. I wouldn't mind retiring in the Georgia Bay region!

Toronto does seem a bit more Americanized too. I notice the younger people in Vancouver still have fairly noticeable accents, while people under 40 in Toronto, aside from an occasionally 'soary' or 'eh' pretty much sound like Californians.

Do you think Toronto has more in common with the eastern United States than it does with Western Canada? To me, all of Canada kind of has a similar feel to it (edit: That I've been to at least. I'm sure Quebec, Nunavut and Newfoundland feel every bit as foreign as Mexico!), Vancouver and Toronto even smell similar. But I wonder if Canadians would find California and New York State similar in the same way because of their American-ness.

Written By: warped on 11/20/12 at 1:38 pm

Do you think Toronto has more in common with the eastern United States than it does with Western Canada? To me, all of Canada kind of has a similar feel to it (edit: That I've been to at least. I'm sure Quebec, Nunavut and Newfoundland feel every bit as foreign as Mexico!), Vancouver and Toronto even smell similar. But I wonder if Canadians would find California and New York State similar in the same way because of their American-ness.

Never thought about any of this, and really don't care about the similarities/differences. It's not my thing.
If you are curious, then post a topic like that if I you feel you want to do that...and I'm sure you probably will.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/20/12 at 1:40 pm

Never thought about any of this, and really don't care about the similarities/differences. It's not my thing.
If you are curious, then post a topic like that if I you feel you want to do that...and I'm sure you probably will.

Nah, I won't.

Um - do you prefer Tim Hortons or Starbucks?

Written By: warped on 11/20/12 at 1:46 pm

Nah, I won't.

Um - do you prefer Tim Hortons or Starbucks?

Now that is an easy question to answer.  ;D
Since I don't like starbucks, I will chose Tim Hortons.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/25/12 at 7:19 pm

Now that is an easy question to answer.  ;D
Since I don't like starbucks, I will chose Tim Hortons.

I like Timmies better too. Much cheaper and I like their donuts and food too. I try to eat there as often as possible whenever I'm in Canada, just because it's so damn Canadian.  ;)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/25/12 at 7:21 pm

Whose idea was it to put the chevrons on the 401? Because once I saw how they worked (and how compliant the Canadians were in actually using them) I thought they were absolutely brilliant and I'd love to see America adopt them on a trial basis.

Are the chevrons also in other Canadian cities or just in Toronto?

Written By: warped on 11/26/12 at 6:30 am

Whose idea was it to put the chevrons on the 401? Because once I saw how they worked (and how compliant the Canadians were in actually using them) I thought they were absolutely brilliant and I'd love to see America adopt them on a trial basis.

Are the chevrons also in other Canadian cities or just in Toronto?

(Scratches head) I do remember seeing those on highways but dang I don't remember where. I thought for sure it was in the USA. Maybe the Seattle area?. Not sure.      But I like the idea of the Chevrons.

You saw them in the Toronto area. Where exactly?

Subject: Re: Ask me anything about Baseball or Hockey, Toronto or Montreal, or just anyth

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/26/12 at 7:26 am

(Scratches head) I do remember seeing those on highways but dang I don't remember where. I thought for sure it was in the USA. Maybe the Seattle area?. Not sure.      But I like the idea of the Chevrons.

You saw them in the Toronto area. Where exactly?

This was well over 10 years ago, but if my memory is correct I was just east of Toronto and heading westbound on the 401 Highway when I saw them.  And it was really cool, because almost like magic all the cars became neatly spaced apart.

Subject: Re: Ask me anything about Baseball or Hockey, Toronto or Montreal, or just anyth

Written By: warped on 11/26/12 at 7:30 am

This was well over 10 years ago, but if my memory is correct I was just east of Toronto and heading westbound on the 401 Highway when I saw them.  And it was really cool, because almost like magic all the cars became neatly spaced apart.

That's right, I remember now. It was near Ajax or Whitby or Oshawa, on the 401 where I saw them. That's just east of Toronto.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/26/12 at 10:53 am

That's right, I remember now. It was near Ajax or Whitby or Oshawa, on the 401 where I saw them. That's just east of Toronto.

I must share with you sometime the story of when I was driving over the road and I took my younger brother along for one of my runs and we went to Toronto. Lots of funny things happened on that run...  ;D

Written By: warped on 11/26/12 at 11:54 am

I must share with you sometime the story of when I was driving over the road and I took my younger brother along for one of my runs and we went to Toronto. Lots of funny things happened on that run...  ;D

Sounds like fun, be glad to hear it.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/20/12 at 1:33 pm

Do you get annoyed when you find American coins in your change?  ;D

Written By: warped on 12/20/12 at 1:57 pm

Do you get annoyed when you find American coins in your change?  ;D

On the contrary. I'm happy. REAL MONEY!!!!!  ;D

Back in the 90s I was happy when I found an American quarter. It was worth $1.35 or more CDN. 
We travel to the US about once a year. We need to collect those American coins to use them when we are there. We get American pennies often, the rest not so much.  They don't look at CDN currency in the US. I think it's equivalent to Monopoly money down there.. ;D

Written By: nally on 12/22/12 at 2:48 pm

Do you currently favor any particular MLB or NHL team?

Written By: warped on 12/22/12 at 2:52 pm

Do you currently favor any particular MLB or NHL team?

NHL teams? Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins, and the Red Wings.

MLB? Not sure if I favor a particular team anymore. It used to be the Expos since 1969. I liked the 1970s Pirates too. Later I liked the Jays.
Now? Unsure. 

Written By: nally on 12/22/12 at 2:57 pm

NHL teams? Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins, and the Red Wings.

MLB? Not sure if I favor a particular team anymore. It used to be the Expos since 1969. I liked the 1970s Pirates too. Later I liked the Jays.
Now? Unsure.

Sounds good to me. :) I know I'd asked you at the beginning if you liked the Expos when they were the Expos, and you said you did, but not after they became the Nationals. And I hadn't seen any replies stating you were a fan of any particular team or not (or no replies on the MLB Season thread indicating so), so that's why I was curious.

As for the current Blue Jays, I know they have made some huge transactions this offseason.

Written By: warped on 12/22/12 at 3:03 pm

Sounds good to me. :) I know I'd asked you at the beginning if you liked the Expos when they were the Expos, and you said you did, but not after they became the Nationals. And I hadn't seen any replies stating you were a fan of any particular team or not (or no replies on the MLB Season thread indicating so), so that's why I was curious.

As for the current Blue Jays, I know they have made some huge transactions this offseason.

Yes they did. Let's see how well the Jays do against NY, Bos, TB and Baltimore (who played really well last year). It will be a competitive division.

Written By: nally on 12/22/12 at 3:05 pm

Yes they did. Let's see how well the Jays do against NY, Bos, TB and Baltimore (who played really well last year). It will be a competitive division.

My team, the Dodgers, will play all those teams next year, at various parts of the season. For the record, they will go to Toronto in July, right after the All-Star Break. It'll be the Dodgers' first time playing the Jays since 2007.

Written By: warped on 12/22/12 at 3:15 pm

My team, the Dodgers, will play all those teams next year, at various parts of the season. For the record, they will go to Toronto in July, right after the All-Star Break. It'll be the Dodgers' first time playing the Jays since 2007.

Maybe Ted Lilly might start that game ( he played for the Jays several years ago). Beckett, Gonzalez & Crawford are also familiar with playing against Toronto.

I wonder of Lilly is the one major league player still active who played for both Toronto & Montreal. Not sure.

Written By: nally on 12/22/12 at 3:29 pm

Maybe Ted Lilly might start that game ( he played for the Jays several years ago). Beckett, Gonzalez & Crawford are also familiar with playing against Toronto.

Hopefully he'll heal up from his injury which sidelined him for a good part of the '12 season. He wasn't very effective. Maybe they'll demote him to the bullpen when he's ready to be activated; who knows. I do know, however, that 2013 is the final year of his current contract.

I wonder of Lilly is the one major league player still active who played for both Toronto & Montreal. Not sure.

Maybe so; I never thought of that. He could very well be.

Written By: warped on 12/22/12 at 3:36 pm

Maybe so; I never thought of that. He could very well be.

We almost could have added Vlad Guerrero to the list. He was signed to a minor league contract last year by the Jays, but he left after a few games.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/14/13 at 7:22 pm

Are you a fan of the show Trailer Park Boys?

Written By: warped on 01/14/13 at 7:33 pm

I've seen the show before, I know it's quite famous here (In Canada), but I'm not really a fan.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/08/13 at 2:48 pm

Are you a fan of The Tragically Hip?

Written By: warped on 02/08/13 at 2:54 pm

Are you a fan of The Tragically Hip?

Not really. I know I've said this elsewhere, but usually if a band/artist became popular after 1989, i'm not interested in their music. I stopped listening to music in/arund 1989 or 1990, I just didn't think music was very good anymore (or it's the generation gap thing)
There are some exceptions though, not many. I didn't mind several songs from the "Jagged little pill" album from about 1995 from Alanis Morissette.

Written By: nally on 02/10/13 at 11:34 pm

There are some exceptions though, not many. I didn't mind several songs from the "Jagged little pill" album from about 1995 from Alanis Morissette.

I remember that album; it was her first successful album in the States (where four of its tracks were huge hits). Was she popular in Canada before then (that is, as a musician)?

Written By: warped on 02/11/13 at 1:31 am

I remember that album; it was her first successful album in the States (where four of its tracks were huge hits). Was she popular in Canada before then (that is, as a musician)?

Yes, she had some hits in Canada prior to that, I remember hearing them on the radio once in a while.

Written By: nally on 02/11/13 at 3:39 pm

Yes, she had some hits in Canada prior to that, I remember hearing them on the radio once in a while.

I figured she might, given that she's from Canada, and you're there too. In fact, I have heard of some Canadian-born artists being successful there before the U.S. hears about them.

Written By: warped on 02/11/13 at 5:04 pm

In fact, I have heard of some Canadian-born artists being successful there before the U.S. hears about them.

Like...most of them. Sometimes the US doesn't even get to listen to some great Canadian Music. Whistledog has created some good threads for Canadian music (from the 50s up to present day)...you might want to have a listen, if you have time.

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/13 at 7:48 pm

Erm...Have you found those barrels of maple syrup yet?  ;)

I have read recently that everybody in Canada seems to hate Toronto. Is this true and, if so, what do you think the reason may be?

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/13 at 7:50 pm

I am. It was shown on Comedy Central a few years ago. Absolutely brilliant.  :)

Written By: nally on 02/11/13 at 11:46 pm

Like...most of them. Sometimes the US doesn't even get to listen to some great Canadian Music. Whistledog has created some good threads for Canadian music (from the 50s up to present day)...you might want to have a listen, if you have time.

I have had a look at several of his threads which deal with Canadian music...and I will listen to some of it when I have the time. But that will probably be sometime after tomorrow, as I will be quite busy tomorrow.

Written By: warped on 02/12/13 at 7:51 am

Erm...Have you found those barrels of maple syrup yet?  ;)

I have read recently that everybody in Canada seems to hate Toronto. Is this true and, if so, what do you think the reason may be?

A few reasons. One view is that most of Canada is quite rural, whereas Toronto is the largest city and quite urban.  Another view is that many people from Toronto think it's the center of the Universe. Another view is that Toronto is an American "wannabe", just wants to be like an American city. (Therefore more of less shunning or insulting the rest of Canada, as they want to be different).  Toronto wants an NFL team. It thinks it deserves one even more than L.A does, even though Toronto forgets it's not in the USA.
Many Canadians don't like the sports media from Toronto, because (as someone who has lived far away from Toronto or the Province of Ontario) a national sports network will concentrate more on Toronto sports teams, and just leave a little for the rest of the country. (This does happen often, but not everyday). Out most famous Canadian sports channel is TSN (The Sports Network). Most people outside Toronto call it "Toronto Sports Network" LOL

In general (not in all cases), I have found people from Toronto to be less friendly than the rest of Canada as well, and that doesn’t help other Canadians love them more either.

On the good side though, Toronto is very multicultural, but for the “racists” out there, another reason to hate Toronto. :-\\

Subject: Re: Ask me anything.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/15/13 at 2:03 pm

Have you ever seen Rush in concert?

Written By: warped on 02/15/13 at 2:05 pm

Have you ever seen Rush in concert?

No I haven't, not a fan of Rush really. I think Getty Lee's voice is  8-P, but I like some of their instrumentals (like parts of "The trees", "Subdivions", "La Villa Strangiata".  You'd think since I grew up in Toronto in the late 70s and 80s I'd like them. I'd say a large part of my buddies from high school did, just not me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/15/13 at 4:36 pm

Anything?

Written By: Howard on 02/15/13 at 7:39 pm

Anything?

nothing at the moment, my mind is blank right now.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/15/13 at 8:56 pm

Hey Warped, what time is it>

Written By: warped on 02/15/13 at 9:00 pm

nothing at the moment, my mind is blank right now.

Good question Howard. My mind feels blank often.

Written By: warped on 02/15/13 at 9:00 pm

Hey Warped, what time is it>

It's 10pm, almost time for bed..so..

It's hammock time!  :D

Written By: whistledog on 02/15/13 at 9:23 pm

Where were you when the lights went out?

Written By: warped on 02/15/13 at 10:40 pm

Where were you when the lights went out?

With Snow White in the Conservatory with the Candlestick.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/15/13 at 11:45 pm

Now we know!

Written By: warped on 02/17/13 at 11:41 am

I could have been with Snow White in the conservatory with rope, might have been more kinky.  :D

Written By: Howard on 02/17/13 at 12:58 pm

where'd you put the candlestick?  ;)

Written By: warped on 02/21/13 at 1:25 pm

where'd you put the candlestick?  ;)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8247/8494948031_df9d4d6987.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 02/21/13 at 1:57 pm

do you watch Once Upon a Time?  Snow White kinda kicks ass in it!

Written By: warped on 02/21/13 at 2:22 pm

do you watch Once Upon a Time?  Snow White kinda kicks ass in it!

Is that a TV show? I have not heard of it.

Written By: snozberries on 02/21/13 at 2:58 pm

It is... a good one...

Written By: whistledog on 02/21/13 at 6:47 pm

It airs Sundays on CTV at 7pm

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/07/13 at 6:29 am

Where was Gene Pitney when has was 24 hours from Tulsa?

Written By: warped on 03/07/13 at 6:32 am

Another dumb question  ::)

Answer: With your wife.

I dunno why you like to ask these stupid questions, sometimes to Howard too. If you think you are being funny/clever, it's not, it's just annoying.  :)

Written By: danootaandme on 03/07/13 at 6:38 am

Assuming he was driving straight through, non-stop, on highways, he was pretty far away.  As far as Boston in the east or Los Angeles in the West. 

Written By: danootaandme on 03/07/13 at 6:44 am

OR

Oaxaca, Mexico to the south or Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada to the north.

Written By: Howard on 03/07/13 at 7:16 am

What color is the Canadian national flag?

Written By: warped on 03/07/13 at 7:23 am

What color is the Canadian national flag?

Red and white

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/school/Canada/flagbig.GIF

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/07/13 at 7:26 am

Red and white

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/school/Canada/flagbig.GIF
The same colours as the Japanese flag.

Written By: warped on 03/07/13 at 7:29 am

The same colours as the Japanese flag.

True. Red and white flags are kind of common, I guess. Poland, Denmark, Switzerland also have red and white. Turkey too?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/07/13 at 12:46 pm

When was the dawn of Aquarius?

Written By: warped on 03/07/13 at 1:01 pm

When was the dawn of Aquarius?

You've been given a warning before.

Ask me a normal question about me, my country, fine I will try and answer. If you keep asking idiotic questions and making a continuous ass of yourself, I shall not respond to your moronic questions.

Got it?

>:(

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/07/13 at 1:09 pm

You've been given a warning before.

Ask me a normal question about me, my country, fine I will try and answer. If you keep asking idiotic questions and making a continuous ass of yourself, I shall not respond to your moronic questions.

Got it?

>:(

Or anything else really. And I'll try and answer.
If not, I'll make something up that might be interesting. :D

The title of your topic is "Ask Me Anything" and your will try and answer, so I am following the directions.

Written By: warped on 03/07/13 at 1:13 pm

The title of your topic is "Ask Me Anything" and your will try and answer, so I am following the directions.

So basically I have to suggest that this topic be closed or changed  because there are hundreds of members here who ask proper normal questions and only one of them is being a complete ass about it?

Do you take pleasure in being such an annoying ass?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/07/13 at 1:16 pm

So basically I have to suggest that this topic be closed or changed  because there are hundreds of members here who ask proper normal questions and only one of them is being a complete ass about it?

Where has your sense of humour go to? You display great in other topics?

Written By: warped on 03/07/13 at 1:23 pm

Where has your sense of humour go to? You display great in other topics?

Because you aren't funny.

Look. When you posted here

I told you that you were being annoying. You do the same thing in Howard's thread sometimes. I am not the only one who thinks you aren't being "funny" when you do that, but annoying. Did you know that?

Then you post another stupid question, which isn't funny, just annoying, a few hours after I have posted what I said to you. It isn't funny. If you were funny, I'd laugh, but it isn't funny, just annoying. Do you get that now?  Do you have the ability to understand that?  ???

Written By: Howard on 03/07/13 at 1:43 pm

Warped take it easy man he's not being insulting he's just following directions and no I'm not taking sides! calm down.

Written By: Howard on 03/07/13 at 1:44 pm

have you had dental surgery?

Written By: Howard on 03/07/13 at 1:46 pm

Because you aren't funny.

Look. When you posted here

I told you that you were being annoying. You do the same thing in Howard's thread sometimes. I am not the only one who thinks you aren't being "funny" when you do that, but annoying. Did you know that?

Then you post another stupid question, which isn't funny, just annoying, a few hours after I have posted what I said to you. It isn't funny. If you were funny, I'd laugh, but it isn't funny, just annoying. Do you get that now?  Do you have the ability to understand that?  ???

C'mon Warped, what's gotten into you man? ???

Written By: warped on 03/07/13 at 1:48 pm

C'mon Warped, what's gotten into you man? ???

Howard, there are certain things you don't understand. Please don't jump in when you don't understand something.
Thanks.

Subject: Re: Ask me anything about me, not silly idiotic questions

Written By: warped on 03/07/13 at 1:51 pm

ARE YOU HAPPY PHILIP!

I've changed the topic headline, just because of your silly questions.
Thanks.

Written By: warped on 03/07/13 at 1:53 pm

have you had dental surgery?

Wow a normal question.  :D

Yes I have had dental surgery. Has my wisdom teeth pulled. It was painful.

Written By: Howard on 03/07/13 at 2:16 pm

Howard, there are certain things you don't understand. Please don't jump in when you don't understand something.
Thanks.

Ok then I won't!

Written By: warped on 03/07/13 at 2:24 pm

Ok then I won't!

Sorry if I came across as blunt, Howard. I'm not angry with you, not angry with anyone. I just don't like it when someone makes fun of people. I find it rude and I try and stop those things, as best I can. Maybe I didn't handle it the best way I can, but I'm trying.  :)
I'm only human.
Anyway, I'm done with it. I changed the title from "Ask me anything" to "Ask me anything about me, not silly idiotic questions"

I hope that works. if not, I'm gonna have to shut my thread down just because of one person, which isn't right. :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 03/07/13 at 3:17 pm

I chuckled at Philips questions....they were so .......warped.

Written By: warped on 03/07/13 at 3:18 pm

I chuckled at Philips questions....they were so .......warped.

::)

That isn't very senstive of you to say that after what has transpired on this thread and after he started posting a 2nd stupid question after I basically asked him not to do that. :-[
I don't find him funny at all, sorry. Never have.  But you have a right to your opinion.

But now I feel ganged up on.  :-[ :-\\
Give me a break, folks.

Written By: snozberries on 03/07/13 at 4:27 pm

I think what warped is trying to say is that he doesn't appreciate being asked impossible to answer questions.
Philips has a dry wit that doesn't always translate in writing. I for one- didn't get the Tulsa reference question but I got the dawning of Aquariaus one.

Philip I think the Howard thing is because sometimes the joke lands just over his head and it translates to something other than funny.

Don't know if I helped or not but its paleyfest so I'm gonna go back and have fun.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/07/13 at 4:32 pm

I am reading a story written by a Canadian. The main characters are in high school and it is mentioned Grade 13. I guess I always assumed that Canadian schools were like those in the U.S. and only go to Grade 12. I'm not exactly sure what my question is: I guess, is it true that Canadian schools go up to Grade 13?

Cat

Written By: nally on 03/07/13 at 7:30 pm

I had mine removed, too. All four of them. Was not painful for me, but the procedure was done without a hitch, and I healed up pretty quickly.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/07/13 at 9:08 pm

Had mine out many years ago.  The used sodium pentathole.  Said "count backwards from 100".  I said "100", woke up and said "99"

And yeah, those were dumb-ass questions and not at all funny, but sit back, have a Molson on me, and chill.  Life is full of dumb-ass questions that aren't funny

Written By: warped on 03/07/13 at 9:09 pm

Had mine out many years ago.  The used sodium pentathole.  Said "count backwards from 100".  I said "100", woke up and said "99"

Ha! I think same for me, I had mine out in 1981.  I think I got to 98 before I went under  ;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/07/13 at 9:14 pm

Ha! I think same for me, I had mine out in 1981.  I think I got to 98 before I went under  ;D

Weaker pentathole? More resistant?  Mine was before 1973, maybe 1970.  Don't like to remember trips to the dentist

Written By: Dagwood on 03/07/13 at 9:15 pm

Now I am just jealous.  My dentist just used a local and I heard the whole thing. :(

My ankle surgery, on the other hand, was awesome.  They pushed me into the operating room and turned the bed around.  During the time the bed was turning, a cast magically appeared on my leg.  It was like one stream of consciousness.  I guess my doctor was magic. ;)

Written By: warped on 03/07/13 at 9:19 pm

I am reading a story written by a Canadian. The main characters are in high school and it is mentioned Grade 13. I guess I always assumed that Canadian schools were like those in the U.S. and only go to Grade 12. I'm not exactly sure what my question is: I guess, is it true that Canadian schools go up to Grade 13?

Cat

When I graduated form high school in the province of Ontario, high school went up to grade 13. Back in 1984 they began phasing that out (calling grade 13 “OAC”), and about 10 years ago it was eliminated (amalgamated with grade 12 more or less over several years) and now schools go up to grade 12 only.  Because we went up to grade 13 back then, I had lots of classmates that graduated high school at the age of 19. Doesn't happen much anymore. 

Back in the prehistoric days when I attended high school, you could still graduate with a grade 12 diploma though. People who went on to grade 13 did so with the intention of moving on to college/university. You needed grade 13 to go to College/University.  I almost didn't pass because my marks in English were very low but Math marks were in the 90s.

Quebec had (maybe still has? not sure) 13 grades. Up to grade 11 in high school then 2 years of what they call college (CEGEP), so 13 in total.

Not sure how the other provinces work but I'd guess they only go up to grade 12.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/07/13 at 9:21 pm

Now I am just jealous.  My dentist just used a local and I heard the whole thing. :(

My ankle surgery, on the other hand, was awesome.  They pushed me into the operating room and turned the bed around.  During the time the bed was turning, a cast magically appeared on my leg.  It was like one stream of consciousness.  I guess my doctor was magic. ;)

Going off topic here, but after a skiing accident I needed knee surgery.  Had a spinal, so was awake for it all, but couldn't see what they were doing.  As the doc was nailing my ligament back onto my calf bone (I heard the noise, and felt the jolts) I asked if he was using a Stanley hammer.  He said no, it was a Black and Decker

Written By: whistledog on 03/07/13 at 11:12 pm

When I graduated form high school in the province of Ontario, high school went up to grade 13. Back in 1984 they began phasing that out (calling grade 13 “OAC”), and about 10 years ago it was eliminated (amalgamated with grade 12 more or less over several years) and now schools go up to grade 12 only.  Because we went up to grade 13 back then, I had lots of classmates that graduated high school at the age of 19. Doesn't happen much anymore. 

Back in the prehistoric days when I attended high school, you could still graduate with a grade 12 diploma though. People who went on to grade 13 did so with the intention of moving on to college/university. You needed grade 13 to go to College/University.  I almost didn't pass because my marks in English were very low but Math marks were in the 90s.

Quebec had (maybe still has? not sure) 13 grades. Up to grade 11 in high school then 2 years of what they call college (CEGEP), so 13 in total.

Not sure how the other provinces work but I'd guess they only go up to grade 12.

Not sure about other provinces, but in Ontario, OAC was phased out in 1995.  I remember because when I was in Grade 12 at that time, it was announced there would no longer be OAC.  I was so glad, because I heard that OAC were tougher courses, but to take OAC was also not mandatory because you had to have good grades to do it, and that was not me.  My school motto:  C's and D's get degrees :D

Written By: Dagwood on 03/07/13 at 11:18 pm

Going off topic here, but after a skiing accident I needed knee surgery.  Had a spinal, so was awake for it all, but couldn't see what they were doing.  As the doc was nailing my ligament back onto my calf bone (I heard the noise, and felt the jolts) I asked if he was using a Stanley hammer.  He said no, it was a Black and Decker

I'm impressed you still had a sense of humor.  I would have been completely freaked out.

Written By: Howard on 03/08/13 at 5:49 am

Sorry if I came across as blunt, Howard. I'm not angry with you, not angry with anyone. I just don't like it when someone makes fun of people. I find it rude and I try and stop those things, as best I can. Maybe I didn't handle it the best way I can, but I'm trying.  :)
I'm only human.
Anyway, I'm done with it. I changed the title from "Ask me anything" to "Ask me anything about me, not silly idiotic questions"

That's ok Warped, no problem man, water under the bridge, don't worry you're cool with me!  ;) :)

Written By: Howard on 03/08/13 at 5:51 am

I had mine removed, too. All four of them. Was not painful for me, but the procedure was done without a hitch, and I healed up pretty quickly.

I had mine removed years ago.

Written By: snozberries on 03/08/13 at 10:05 am

Can you spell out the acronyms OAC & CEPEG (or whatever it was...I'm not going back to look)

Written By: nally on 03/08/13 at 11:00 am

I had mine removed years ago.

So did I. This July it'll be 13 years.

Written By: nally on 03/08/13 at 11:03 am

Wow, that is quite amazing. :o Didn't know they had an extra grade level there.

As confusing as that may seem, I think I understand it somewhat. Did you attend that 13th grade?

Written By: warped on 03/08/13 at 12:02 pm

Can you spell out the acronyms OAC & CEPEG (or whatever it was...I'm not going back to look)

Certainly:

For the province of Ontario -> OAC: Ontario academic credit  (which replaced Grade 13)
For the province of Quebec -> CEGEP: Collège d'Enseignement Général Et Professionnel    (In English it means "General and Vocational College")  Quebec students (in General) take 2 years of CEGEP, equivalent to grade 12 and grade 13.

Written By: warped on 03/08/13 at 12:04 pm

Wow, that is quite amazing. :o Didn't know they had an extra grade level there.

As confusing as that may seem, I think I understand it somewhat. Did you attend that 13th grade?

Sorry to confuse you nally. In fact I did attend grade 13, and passed. Youngest in my class too!

Written By: snozberries on 03/08/13 at 12:50 pm

Certainly:

For the province of Ontario -> OAC: Ontario academic credit  (which replaced Grade 13)
For the province of Quebec -> CEGEP: Collège d'Enseignement Général Et Professionnel    (In English it means "General and Vocational College")  Quebec students (in General) take 2 years of CEGEP, equivalent to grade 12 and grade 13.

Thank you. My friend from Montreal is here for Paleyfest. This give me something new to ask him!

Written By: warped on 03/08/13 at 12:54 pm

Thank you. My friend from Montreal is here for Paleyfest. This give me something new to ask him!

If he attended a private school, he made have stayed in it all through high school. There are some exceptions to attending CEGEP.

Written By: nally on 03/08/13 at 7:19 pm

Sorry to confuse you nally. In fact I did attend grade 13, and passed. Youngest in my class too!

Not a problem. :) That's all I needed to know. And congratz!!

Here in the United States, the highest grade level has always been 12 (as long as I can remember).

Written By: warped on 03/08/13 at 7:35 pm

Not a problem. :) That's all I needed to know. And congratz!!

Here in the United States, the highest grade level has always been 12 (as long as I can remember).

Thanks!

I think the highest grade level in most places is Grade 12

I skipped a grade along the way and was the youngest in class by about 6 months. I was 17 when I graduated from grade 13 (I guess that would be like someone graduating grade 12 at the age of 16)
Most of the student in my class were 1 to 2 years older than I.

Written By: Howard on 03/08/13 at 8:07 pm

So did I. This July it'll be 13 years.

I think it was over 10 years for me.

Written By: Howard on 03/08/13 at 8:09 pm

How do you pronounce Quebec? Qua or Ka-bec? ???

Written By: warped on 03/08/13 at 8:16 pm

How do you pronounce Quebec? Qua or Ka-bec? ???

In English it's "Kwa-Bek"
In French it's "Kay-Bek"

Written By: Tashlovglit on 03/08/13 at 10:34 pm

Do you prefer 30 days of freezing weather or 30 days of humid weather?

Written By: whistledog on 03/08/13 at 11:34 pm

In English it's "Kwa-Bek"
In French it's "Kay-Bek"

I've heard some people pronounce it "Cue-Bek".  I want to slap those people lol

Written By: warped on 03/09/13 at 6:01 am

Do you prefer 30 days of freezing weather or 30 days of humid weather?

Neither. I stay indoors for both.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/09/13 at 8:59 pm

I've just finished a book on the old west in the US and got to wondering how Canada handled what we call the northern plains indians, Sioux, Cheyenne, Black Feet, Nez Peirce etc. 

Written By: warped on 03/09/13 at 9:32 pm

I've just finished a book on the old west in the US and got to wondering how Canada handled what we call the northern plains indians, Sioux, Cheyenne, Black Feet, Nez Peirce etc.

Interestingly enough, I've been interested in the American Native Indian history more than ours, mostly because of the Indian wars, so I don't know much about our Indians except that, just like in the US, Buffalo were hunted, killed.  Furs traded and desired because of the white man, like in America. But here, often furs were traded for alcohol ( to the Indians). So alcoholism together with the lack of Buffalo (for food) made life very difficult for the Canadian Indian, in general.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/10/13 at 8:17 am

Interestingly enough, I've been interested in the American Native Indian history more than ours, mostly because of the Indian wars, so I don't know much about our Indians except that, just like in the US, Buffalo were hunted, killed.  Furs traded and desired because of the white man, like in America. But here, often furs were traded for alcohol ( to the Indians). So alcoholism together with the lack of Buffalo (for food) made life very difficult for the Canadian Indian, in general.

Sounds similar to the fate of Native Americans here south of the border.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: nally on 03/10/13 at 12:05 pm

Thanks!

I think the highest grade level in most places is Grade 12

I skipped a grade along the way and was the youngest in class by about 6 months. I was 17 when I graduated from grade 13 (I guess that would be like someone graduating grade 12 at the age of 16)
Most of the student in my class were 1 to 2 years older than I.

Hey, I was still 17 when I graduated from high school; that's mainly because I have a summer birthday, so for each grade I was in, I was the same age throughout that grade level. In addition, some people are (gradelevel + 4) years old when they start a grade, but those are mainly people with birthdays would be sometime between September and early December.

Written By: warped on 03/10/13 at 12:12 pm

Sounds similar to the fate of Native Americans here south of the border.  :-\\

Cat

Sadly, yes.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 03/10/13 at 2:34 pm

have you smoked before?

Written By: warped on 03/10/13 at 4:19 pm

have you smoked before?

I'm thinking you meant weed or cigarettes?

Nope, neither. Never interested in either of them. I've never taken any drugs (although people might suggest otherwise when reading some of my bizarre posts).

I don't need drugs to be weird and think bizarre thoughts. I'm already weird! Maybe drugs might make me normal..and who wants that! ;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/10/13 at 9:47 pm

The buffalo hunters were the same groups, they didn't recognize our European borders.  But we killed them, you know, Custer and all that.

BTW, when I was a kid I thought Custer's last stand was an ice cream vendor's operation that went bust

Subject: Re: Ask me anything about me, not silly questions

Written By: Tashlovglit on 03/19/13 at 11:53 pm

What are some of your favorite board games?

Written By: warped on 03/20/13 at 3:53 am

What are some of your favorite board games?

Trivial pursuit regular
Trivial pursuit sports edition
Trivial pursuit Canadian edition
Outburst
Scattergories

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/22/13 at 10:09 am

Trivial pursuit regular
Outburst
Scattergories

Shouldn't that read "bored" games?  ;) ;)

Written By: warped on 03/22/13 at 12:33 pm

Shouldn't that read "bored" games?  ;) ;)

yeah some see it that way, not a trivia nut like me.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/22/13 at 1:04 pm

yeah some see it that way, not a trivia nut like me.

When Carlos & I were first dating, I had some friends visiting but we ended up at my neighbors' place and engaged in a game of Trivial Pursuit. I was expecting Carlos so I put I note on my door and told him where we were. He joined us. I wanted to show him that I could kick ass at Trivial Pursuit. After getting to know him better, I realize that he could care less about trivia.  :-\\  Oh well.

That day really sticks out in my mind because that was the day that it hit me that I was in love with Carlos.

No question. Just wanted to share.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Tashlovglit on 03/22/13 at 6:51 pm

I love trivia games  ;D

Written By: warped on 03/23/13 at 7:57 am

I love trivia games  ;D

Me too. Especially more world or Canadian trivia ( most board game are very American centric).

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/31/13 at 10:12 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8rEY-JtdNk

Who is the guy interviewing actor John Dunsworth (a.k.a. Trailer Park Supervisor Jim Lahey from the show Trailer Park Boys)? Is he Canada's version of Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity? He seems like a massive douchenozzle.

Dunsworth, by way of comparison, comes off as being intelligent and articulate and an all-around cool guy.

Written By: warped on 04/01/13 at 8:26 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8rEY-JtdNk

Who is the guy interviewing actor John Dunsworth (a.k.a. Trailer Park Supervisor Jim Lahey from the show Trailer Park Boys)? Is he Canada's version of Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity? He seems like a massive douchenozzle.

Dunsworth, by way of comparison, comes off as being intelligent and articulate and an all-around cool guy.

;D Jim Nunn. Canada's version of Bill O'Reilly? Ha!
He was just being a dyck.  Usually he's not as bad as that.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/01/13 at 9:26 am

;D Jim Nunn. Canada's version of Bill O'Reilly? Ha!
He was just being a dyck.  Usually he's not as bad as that.

So was Nunn just trying to take the piss out of Lahey then? Is he just doing a send up on American pundits, a la Stephen Colbert?

Written By: warped on 04/01/13 at 10:54 am

So was Nunn just trying to take the piss out of Lahey then? Is he just doing a send up on American pundits, a la Stephen Colbert?

When I have seen Nunn, he's not like that generally. I wonder0 if it was partly staged...but I think Nunn was being a dick head.

Written By: nally on 04/01/13 at 7:30 pm

Trivial pursuit regular
Outburst
Scattergories

I have played the regular Trivial Pursuit, which my dad seems to do well in (particularly the orange category, which is sports & leisure) whenever I play the game with my family. We don't have the sports edition, but if we did, my dad would probably ace it.

In the regular edition, do you favor any one particular category? Or are you good at all six?

Written By: warped on 04/01/13 at 7:55 pm

In the original Trivial Pursuit, I'm good at the sports one, and history/geography and science. I am just OK at entertainment and I'm terrible at Arts & Literature.  My favorite category is either sports or geography.

I think I still have the sports edition and also a Canadian edition (lots of question in the original Trivial Pursuit are American centric, that's why we have the Canadian one ).  I haven't lost yet at the sports edition. I know my hockey & baseball well.

Written By: nally on 04/01/13 at 10:11 pm

In the original Trivial Pursuit, I'm good at the sports one, and history/geography and science. I am just OK at entertainment and I'm terrible at Arts & Literature.  My favorite category is either sports or geography.

Great! :) I'm not so good at Arts & Literature either. History, I know a little bit about, but for me it's stronger than Lit. I'm pretty good overall at entertainment, sports, and geography. There's also a science & nature category (which I think is green in the original set) which has some math questions; I'd ace those.

I think I still have the sports edition and also a Canadian edition (lots of question in the original Trivial Pursuit are American centric, that's why we have the Canadian one ).  I haven't lost yet at the sports edition. I know my hockey & baseball well.

That's good. O0 Does the Canadian edition have different categories than the main American edition?

Written By: warped on 04/02/13 at 7:07 am

That's good. O0 Does the Canadian edition have different categories than the main American edition?

No, I believe they are the same as the original Trivial Pursuit edition.
Geography (blue), Entertainment (pink), History (yellow), Arts & Literature (brown), Science & Nature (green), and Sports & Leisure (orange).

Written By: Tashlovglit on 04/24/13 at 12:06 am

What year did you get your first cellular phone?

Written By: warped on 04/24/13 at 7:40 am

What year did you get your first cellular phone?

Good question. I have never had one, and don't plan on getting one either.  :o

Written By: wildcard on 04/26/13 at 5:09 pm

There's probably not a lot of gardens where you live, but do you or anyone you know of have some kind of plant?

Written By: warped on 04/26/13 at 7:11 pm

There's probably not a lot of gardens where you live, but do you or anyone you know of have some kind of plant?

Lots of gardens here. Except we don't plant stuff (vegetables) until the 3rd week of May, weather related reasons. We have to wait until there's no frost at night.

We used to have our own garden where we grew our own vegetables and planted flowers.

Written By: wildcard on 04/26/13 at 8:15 pm

Lots of gardens here. Except we don't plant stuff (vegetables) until the 3rd week of May, weather related reasons. We have to wait until there's no frost at night.

We used to have our own garden where we grew our own vegetables and planted flowers.

so you do have a time where it's warm enough for some stuff.  There's a lot of agriculture where I live.

Written By: warped on 04/27/13 at 10:24 am

so you do have a time where it's warm enough for some stuff.  There's a lot of agriculture where I live.

Yes, we have time where it's warm enough to grow stuff. It's not a snow storm 365 days a year.    ;D

Usually between end of May until end of October is when we grow stuff. The temps here are not altogether different from Buffalo or Detroit in your country.

Written By: wildcard on 04/27/13 at 10:36 am

I should have known that you do plant something at some point, just seeing your house and talking about -40 got my head to too cold.  May is too hot for us already, it's already 90 here in April. We can plant in fall because it doesn't snow here.

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/13 at 5:29 pm

What would u buy if u won $100 million

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/13 at 5:29 pm

What would your dream house be like?

Location?
Furnishings?
Size?
# Of Rooms? Bathrooms?

Etc

Written By: warped on 04/29/13 at 6:01 pm

What would u buy if u won $100 million

I’d buy a huge house here in Canada, and buy a condo in Florida or California so I can stay there during the cold winter months.

We’d take a cruise to Australia, New Zealand, Philippines, Japan, China with stopovers in Major cities within the area.

I’d go to Europe and visit my relatives, stay there for several weeks. Tour around Germany, Austria, Italy. Go over to the coast and spend some time in a Greek and/or Italian island and just relax.

I’d give lots of $ to some decent trusting organisations in the area to help feed the poor and the street people. I’d sponsor dozens of kids in 3rd world countries, making sure they’d get food, medical care (including inoculations against various diseases in the area)  and (in some areas) provide them with the necessary tools/soil etc for them to grow their own fruits/vegetables so they won’t starve.

I’d buy a huge screen TV and a large number of DVDs from all the films & TV shows I like.

This is just some of the things  :)

I'll get to your "dream house" question later.

Written By: warped on 04/29/13 at 6:18 pm

What would your dream house be like?

Location?
Furnishings?
Size?
# Of Rooms? Bathrooms?

Etc

I’d like a house like in the TV show “The Beverly Hillbillies”, maybe a little smaller.

I’d build the dream house on Vancouver Island (In Canada).  The weather there is great. It only snows a few days a year there. (It’s near the U.S. San Juan islands)

House  ->  3 stories, 6 or 7 rooms. At least 5,000 square feet. Swimming pool (indoor cement pond)
Tennis court, huge garden to grow flowers, fruits and vegetables. I’d try to grow everything I could.

Bathrooms? Great idea. Yah, we’d have some, 3 or 4.  A Jacuzzi near the indoor swimming pool too. And guest rooms. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/29/13 at 6:29 pm

I’d like a house like in the TV show “The Beverly Hillbillies”, maybe a little smaller.

I’d build the dream house on Vancouver Island (In Canada).  The weather there is great. It only snows a few days a year there. (It’s near the U.S. San Juan islands)

House  ->  3 stories, 6 or 7 rooms. At least 5,000 square feet. Swimming pool (indoor cement pond)
Tennis court, huge garden to grow flowers, fruits and vegetables. I’d try to grow everything I could.

Bathrooms? Great idea. Yah, we’d have some, 3 or 4.  A Jacuzzi near the indoor swimming pool too. And guest rooms.

What about an old Victorian that needs lots of work.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: warped on 04/29/13 at 6:47 pm

What about an old Victorian that needs lots of work.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

http://lilyincanada.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/mk_helpfulanimals.gif

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/13 at 9:22 am

Nice.

I once fantasized about buying a McMansion
And creating rooms that were replicas of my favorite tv shows.
A chucks chicks office
Facts o life living room etc  :D

Written By: warped on 04/30/13 at 9:30 am

Nice.

I once fantasized about buying a McMansion
And creating rooms that were replicas of my favorite tv shows.
A chucks chicks office
Facts o life living room etc  :D

I like that.  Imagine if you bought a totally huge mansion with many rooms, and converted each room to your favorite TV show rooms.

In my case:

The Waltons kitchen, Kevin Arnold's bedroom, The Brady Bunch boys & girls bedroom, and so on.

And then charge admission to those who want to see it.

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/13 at 9:33 am

I like that.  Imagine if you bought a totally huge mansion with many rooms, and converted each room to your favorite TV show rooms.

In my case:

The Waltons kitchen, Kevin Arnold's bedroom, The Brady Bunch boys & girls bedroom, and so on.

Right. Think of how impressedy Paley friends (fellow tv addicts) would be  ;D

I haven't fully thought out the rooms yet but I know my living room (or fam rm would be Monica/Rachel's apt from friends

Have u seen the live replica Simpsons house? Some fan won in a contest a few years ago?

Written By: warped on 04/30/13 at 9:37 am

Have u seen the live replica Simpsons house? Some fan won in a contest a few years ago?

No I haven't. (Q to Q for proving a pic now  ;)  )

Written By: warped on 04/30/13 at 10:02 am

Right. Think of how impressedy Paley friends (fellow tv addicts) would be  ;D

I haven't fully thought out the rooms yet but I know my living room (or fam rm would be Monica/Rachel's apt from friends

I think this is a good thread topic. "If you had unlimited access to money and house size, and each room of your house would look like a room from a favorite TV show or movie...what would your house look like? "

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/13 at 11:21 am

No I haven't. (Q to Q for proving a pic now  ;)  )

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=real+simpsons+house+images

8)

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/13 at 11:21 am

I think this is a good thread topic. "If you had unlimited access to money and house size, and each room of your house would look like a room from a favorite TV show or movie...what would your house look like? "

go for it...I've gotta get out of here

Written By: warped on 04/30/13 at 1:22 pm

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=real+simpsons+house+images

8)

Thanks. Pretty close replica.

Written By: warped on 04/30/13 at 1:39 pm

go for it...I've gotta get out of here

If I can think of a shorter title, I'd do it, but can't  (need help with English)

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/13 at 1:46 pm

Thanks. Pretty close replica.

Yeah it was commissioned by fox & Pepsi and given away in a contest. 
It seems something happened to the house but the few websites I saw about it were dead links. Ill have more time later to figure out what went down

Written By: Tashlovglit on 04/30/13 at 7:28 pm

What type of candy (fruity & chocolate) do you like?

Subject: Re: Ask me anything about me.

Written By: warped on 05/01/13 at 7:26 am

What type of candy (fruity & chocolate) do you like?

Lindt chocolate
Ferrero Rocher chocolate
Jolly Rancher
Smarties
Coffee Crisp

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/01/13 at 6:37 pm

In my case:

I don't think you would want the Brady Bunch bathroom-they didn't have a toilet.

Cat

Written By: warped on 05/03/13 at 8:08 am

I don't think you would want the Brady Bunch bathroom-they didn't have a toilet.

Cat

Yeah, wonder why they never showed the toilet.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/03/13 at 1:11 pm

Which Brady vacation did you like best, the Grand Canyon or Hawaii?

Written By: warped on 05/03/13 at 1:44 pm

Which Brady vacation did you like best, the Grand Canyon or Hawaii?

They were both very good. If I'd have to pick one, I'd choose the "Grand Canyon" one. But I might change my mind in 5 minutes.  ;D

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/03/13 at 2:17 pm

They were both very good. If I'd have to pick one, I'd choose the "Grand Canyon" one. But I might change my mind in 5 minutes.  ;D

It's a tough decision ;D

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/03/13 at 2:50 pm

Have you been to Hawaii?

Written By: warped on 05/03/13 at 4:21 pm

Have you been to Hawaii?

I have not been to Hawaii, and probably won't go there either.

Written By: Howard on 05/03/13 at 8:06 pm

Yeah, wonder why they never showed the toilet.

Why should they?

Written By: snozberries on 05/15/13 at 7:16 pm

Did you like Johnny Bravo character?  What did or didn't you like about the character?

Written By: warped on 05/15/13 at 8:01 pm

Did you like Johnny Bravo character?  What did or didn't you like about the character?

Johnny Bravo fit the suit. A great Brady Bunch episode.  Johnny Bravo was cool...got all the chicks...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgy07e23zn1qzik8zo1_500.jpg

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/20/13 at 3:36 pm

Have you ever been stung by a wasp or another insect besides mosquito?

Written By: warped on 05/21/13 at 6:41 am

Have you ever been stung by a wasp or another insect besides mosquito?

I have been stung by bees before. One time when I was stung by a bee on my finger, I felt the pain right away, and the bee was still there on my finger. I think what must have happened was that the bee died when it stung me. Very unusual.

Like many people, I despise bees and wasps and am afraid of them.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/22/13 at 8:43 am

I have been stung by bees before. One time when I was stung by a bee on my finger, I felt the pain right away, and the bee was still there on my finger. I think what must have happened was that the bee died when it stung me. Very unusual.

Like many people, I despise bees and wasps and am afraid of them.

Bees can only sting once, when one does sting the stinger gets ripped out of its body and stays in the victim and keeps pumping its venom, but this also proves to be fatal to the bee.

Wasps, on the other hand, can sting repeatedly until they run out of venom and their bodies regenerate more.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/22/13 at 8:48 am

I know tornadoes occur in Canada, but are they commonplace? Has there ever been a catastrophic tornado outbreak in Canada like the ones we have in the Midwestern and southern United States?

Written By: warped on 05/22/13 at 10:14 am

Bees can only sting once, when one does sting the stinger gets ripped out of its body and stays in the victim and keeps pumping its venom, but this also proves to be fatal to the bee.

Wasps, on the other hand, can sting repeatedly until they run out of venom and their bodies regenerate more.

Thanks for the information.  :)

I know tornadoes occur in Canada, but are they commonplace? Has there ever been a catastrophic tornado outbreak in Canada like the ones we have in the Midwestern and southern United States?

We don't have a "Tornado Alley" like you do in the USA, but we get a few.  But we had one in Goderich, Ont in 2011, It's just off lake Huron...a couple hours away from here. One dies and 37 were injured. The worst one I remember was in 1987 in Edmonton (in the prairies). Almost 30 deaths, hundreds were injured and hundreds of homes were lost.

Because USA's population is 10X ours, the likelyhodd of a tornado hitting a populated area here is also less.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/31/13 at 8:56 pm

Do you get a daily newspaper deliverd to your house?

Written By: warped on 06/01/13 at 7:12 am

Do you get a daily newspaper deliverd to your house?

No I don't. In fact ever since I moved away from home (from my parents) well over 20 years ago, I've never had a daily newspaper delivered to my home.

Written By: snozberries on 06/11/13 at 12:59 pm

man I was getting mad at you for not answering a question I asked you....but I don't see it here so I guess I composed it on my phone but never hit send  :-[      :D

You can only choose one....

Keep On?
or
Sunshine Day?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/11/13 at 4:28 pm

man I was getting mad at you for not answering a question I asked you....but I don't see it here so I guess I composed it on my phone but never hit send  :-[      :D

You can only choose one....

Keep On?
or
Sunshine Day?

I SOOOOO want to answer this but I know this thread isn't about me.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: warped on 06/11/13 at 4:35 pm

man I was getting mad at you for not answering a question I asked you....but I don't see it here so I guess I composed it on my phone but never hit send  :-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaCCG7QkM_c

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

(go ahead Cat, chose one as well)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/11/13 at 4:53 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaCCG7QkM_c

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

(go ahead Cat, chose one as well)

That's the one I chose, too.  ;D

Cat

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/27/13 at 7:34 pm

How often do you wear jewelry and what kind?

Written By: warped on 06/27/13 at 7:48 pm

I wear a wedding ring for 20+ years. I wear a chain around my neck (1/2 the time), given to me by my Mother-in-law over 20 years ago.

That's it.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/28/13 at 9:14 pm

How many pairs of shoes do you own?  What kind of socks do you wear? (Crew, Low Cut etc.)? :D

Written By: warped on 06/29/13 at 7:36 am

How many pairs of shoes do you own?  What kind of socks do you wear? (Crew, Low Cut etc.)? :D

I think I own 6 or 7 pairs of shoes, and a pair of boots for winter.  I really don't think I need as many as 6 or 7...but somehow my wife says 25 pairs of shoes isn't enough for her  ;D

I have some white, grey and black socks. Most of them are low cut.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 07/02/13 at 7:29 pm

How many fans do you have in your home, both ceiling fans and electric ones?

Written By: warped on 07/02/13 at 8:16 pm

How many fans do you have in your home, both ceiling fans and electric ones?

2 ceiling fans. 1 in the kitchen and one in the master bedroom.
3 electric fans. 1 large and 2 small ones.

And 1 air-conditioner.  ;)

Written By: Tashlovglit on 07/04/13 at 8:24 pm

Do you prefer the original yellow sticky note or neon ones?  :D

Written By: warped on 07/05/13 at 6:53 am

Do you prefer the original yellow sticky note or neon ones?  :D

I don't know. Both are alright.  I think we only have the original ones at home right now. Wife uses them quite a bit. I don't.

Written By: nally on 07/08/13 at 5:25 pm

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but...

What are some of your favorite things to do when you're not on a computer?

Written By: warped on 07/08/13 at 5:32 pm

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but...

What are some of your favorite things to do when you're not on a computer?

Listen to music, go for long walks, watch hockey or baseball, go to the gym, work on puzzles, creative writing, sleep, watch DVDs,

Written By: Howard on 07/08/13 at 7:39 pm

Do you take a car or take public transportation?

Written By: warped on 07/09/13 at 5:31 am

Do you take a car or take public transportation?

I have a car, and use it mostly...although I take public transportation from time to time.

Written By: Howard on 07/09/13 at 6:48 am

How much is bus fare? ???

Written By: warped on 07/09/13 at 5:53 pm

How much is bus fare? ???

Tickets are about $2.50 each.  And I receive a bus transfer too, good for about 90 minutes.

Written By: Starde on 07/10/13 at 2:21 am

Are the Beatles your all-time fave music group?

Written By: warped on 07/10/13 at 5:25 am

Oh yes, without a doubt. In my top 50 songs of all time, I bet there are at least 20 Beatles songs there. Maybe more.  Their sound was so awesome and different than anyone else's. They produced so many albums in a 7 year period (1964-70).  Just incredible.

The musical talent they had and their ability to write great songs. Wow. To me they are so far above anything else that came since. So far above.

Written By: snozberries on 07/10/13 at 8:34 am

Naw I think the silver platters are his fav.

:D

Written By: warped on 07/10/13 at 10:10 am

O0

Written By: Howard on 07/10/13 at 1:01 pm

What do you do for a living? (or a job)?

Written By: warped on 07/10/13 at 2:27 pm

What do you do for a living? (or a job)?

work p/t and in between contracts right now. Have applied for f/t, but not sure if I can work full time due to wife's health. (She has double vision, lupus, arthritis and anxiety attacks resulting from the first 3 illnesses and other stuff thrown in there)

Having said that her health have improved slightly recently, the best she's been in about 1 year.

Written By: nally on 07/10/13 at 4:56 pm

Listen to music, go for long walks, watch hockey or baseball, go to the gym, work on puzzles, creative writing, sleep, watch DVDs,

Ah, very nice. Any specific types of puzzles that you like? Jigsaw? Crossword? etc?  It's all good.

Written By: warped on 07/10/13 at 5:14 pm

Ah, very nice. Any specific types of puzzles that you like? Jigsaw? Crossword? etc?  It's all good.

I like jigsaw puzzles. Crossword...not so much.

Written By: nally on 07/10/13 at 5:16 pm

I like jigsaw puzzles. Crossword...not so much.

I can relate. My dad also likes jigsaw puzzles (especially those with 1,000+ pieces), and I often help him complete those.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/13 at 5:31 pm

What are your feelings about weasels?

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/10/13 at 5:39 pm

Cat

;D

Written By: warped on 07/10/13 at 5:52 pm

I can relate. My dad also likes jigsaw puzzles (especially those with 1,000+ pieces), and I often help him complete those.

Wife and I do puzzles together. 500, 1000 and 1500 pieces..500 piece puzzles usually take me about 3 hours to do.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/13 at 5:56 pm

Wife and I do puzzles together. 500, 1000 and 1500 pieces..500 piece puzzles usually take me about 3 hours to do.

Haven't done a puzzle in a long time. Used to do them all the time.

Cat

Written By: warped on 07/10/13 at 5:56 pm

Cat

Well, I don't like them...who does???

Did you know that in Greek culture, a weasel around the house is a sign of bad luck, even evil?. So I wouldn't want any weasels around me.

Sometimes people confuse weasels with ferrets. I know you like MASH....remember Frank Burns on Mash, they use to call him ferret face.  ;D He was a jerk. But Larry Linville played that character so well.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/13 at 6:05 pm

Well, I don't like them...who does???

Did you know that in Greek culture, a weasel around the house is a sign of bad luck, even evil?. So I wouldn't want any weasels around me.

Sometimes people confuse weasels with ferrets. I know you like MASH....remember Frank Burns on Mash, they use to call him ferret face.  ;D He was a jerk. But Larry Linville played that character so well.

Personally, I think they are lower then pond scum and they just make me sick. But I think the ones who walk on all fours, who have tails and are covered in fur are cute.

Cat

Written By: warped on 07/10/13 at 6:06 pm

Haven't done a puzzle in a long time. Used to do them all the time.

Cat

I think we have 50 jigsaw puzzles at home. I usually but them at 2nd hand stores from anywhere between 25 cents and 1 dollar each

Written By: Tashlovglit on 07/11/13 at 9:38 pm

Do you own a leather jacket?

Written By: warped on 07/12/13 at 5:33 am

Do you own a leather jacket?

No I don't, but I use to have one, years ago. Didn't wear it much.

Written By: amjikloviet on 07/13/13 at 10:42 am

What inspires you?

Written By: warped on 07/13/13 at 12:14 pm

What inspires you?

Do you mean..what inspires me to live? Or to continue living? Or what event inspires me? Or person? Or a person 30 years ago? 
I'm unsure what you are asking.  :(
Try again?  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/13/13 at 1:09 pm

Have you ever played NTN/Buzztime trivia?  It's a network of trivia that is played on television (and personal keyboards) and it's networked with other places to play (bars and restaurants) all across USA and Canada?

I love playing it, and do really well in it sometimes.

Written By: warped on 07/13/13 at 4:21 pm

Have you ever played NTN/Buzztime trivia?  It's a network of trivia that is played on television (and personal keyboards) and it's networked with other places to play (bars and restaurants) all across USA and Canada?

I love playing it, and do really well in it sometimes.

Sorry Patti, I never even heard of NTN/Buzztime trivia...  :-[ 

Written By: Howard on 07/13/13 at 4:32 pm

Do you own a PS2 or a PS3?

Written By: warped on 07/13/13 at 4:34 pm

Do you own a PS2 or a PS3?

I've never had or owned any playstation or gameboy, or any computer games. The first time I ever played any of Mario or tetris or qbert, was on the arcade games here, about a year ago. I never played them before.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 07/13/13 at 7:00 pm

Do you own any musical instruments?

Written By: snozberries on 07/14/13 at 6:16 pm

Do u like stand up comedy?

If yes who are some of your faves?

Ever seen it preformed live?

Written By: warped on 07/14/13 at 6:46 pm

Do you own any musical instruments?

I think I still have a recorder (flute) from 40 years ago. I use to play it at school and in our band, briefly.

Written By: warped on 07/14/13 at 6:49 pm

Do u like stand up comedy?

For sure!

If yes who are some of your faves?

George Carlin is my favorite. I'd say Steven Wright is my 2nd favorite.

Ever seen it preformed live?

Yes, at Yukyuk's (club) in Toronto, years ago. Went there a few times, I do not remember the names of the Comedians though. I know Jim Carrey was at YukYuk's during that time period but I don't think he was one of the ones I saw.

I've also seen it done in fairs, or with street comedians.

Written By: snozberries on 07/14/13 at 6:57 pm

For sure!
George Carlin is my favorite. I'd say Steven Wright is my 2nd favorite.

Yes, at Yukyuk's (club) in Toronto, years ago. Went there a few times, I do not remember the names of the Comedians though. I know Jim Carrey was at YukYuk's during that time period but I don't think he was one of the ones I saw.

I've also seen it done in fairs, or with street comedians.

Thank you for answering the question in full. Some others skipped a few points.

Written By: warped on 07/14/13 at 7:09 pm

Thank you for answering the question in full. Some others skipped a few points.

I try my best. I asked you the same questions as well.

Written By: snozberries on 07/14/13 at 7:21 pm

I try my best. I asked you the same questions as well.

I appreciate that!

Written By: Tashlovglit on 07/14/13 at 11:25 pm

What color are the walls in your home?  Are they painted or wallpapered?

Written By: warped on 07/15/13 at 6:12 am

What color are the walls in your home?  Are they painted or wallpapered?

Color of our walls are a light taupe. It looks brownish/purple, but very light.  Oil base paint in the kitchen and latex paint for the rest.
No Wallpaper.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 07/15/13 at 12:31 pm

How many vehicles have you owned?

Written By: warped on 07/15/13 at 12:41 pm

How many vehicles have you owned?

I was lucky coz one of them lasted 16+ years.  :)

Written By: Tashlovglit on 07/15/13 at 12:43 pm

What kind do you presently own?

Written By: warped on 07/15/13 at 12:58 pm

What kind do you presently own?

My volkswagon Jetta. "The green machine"  :)

Written By: Tashlovglit on 07/15/13 at 4:32 pm

Do you have drive in theaters in your city or near by?  And do you like going to them?

Written By: warped on 07/16/13 at 6:18 am

Do you have drive in theaters in your city or near by?  And do you like going to them?

I haven't seen a drive-in theater in years, and years.
We went to many drive-ins, during the 1970s. I enjoyed it a lot. A great experience.

Written By: Starde on 07/17/13 at 11:18 pm

I know, lame question! ;D My mind was blank.

If you could recommend 3 Beatles songs to someone who has never really listened to their music, what would they be?

Written By: warped on 07/18/13 at 6:02 am

I know, lame question! ;D My mind was blank.

If you could recommend 3 Beatles songs to someone who has never really listened to their music, what would they be?

The Beatles were an active (and popular) band from 1962-1970

1. I wanna hold your hand  (give them an idea of their early music)
2. A day in the life (some of their work in the middle)
3. Something  (One of their popular pieces near the end)...I was also thinking of "Let it be" instead of "Something". Either one.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/15/13 at 8:14 am

I just read a rumor online that new Canadian $100 bills smell like maple syrup.

IS THIS TRUE???  :o :o :o

Written By: warped on 08/15/13 at 11:49 am

I just read a rumor online that new Canadian $100 bills smell like maple syrup.

IS THIS TRUE???  :o :o :o

I heard about that last year. I've not had a chance to see one (or smell one) so I can't say for sure if it does.

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/15/13 at 9:40 pm

I heard about that last year. I've not had a chance to see one (or smell one) so I can't say for sure if it does.

Not intentionally, but somehow the idea went viral a few weeks ago.  Canada recently switched to polymer/plastic bills like the Australians use.  As they're no longer paper-based, they're going to smell different than the paper bills that people are used to.  I can imagine how some of the aromas of plastic could kinda smell vaguely like maple syrup if you were thinking of maple syrup at the moment you caught a whiff of it.  Like most things made of plastic, they're going to outgass some volatiles, and probably have a stronger smell when they're brand-new or have only recently been unsealed, compared to after they've been in a bank drawer for a few weeks, and definitely different from after a few months in your wallet.

Written By: The Valley Goth on 08/20/13 at 7:10 pm

Like, Hi, Warped, Fer Shurr,

Why do you call yourself "Warped"?
8)

Written By: warped on 08/20/13 at 7:18 pm

Like, Hi, Warped, Fer Shurr,

Why do you call yourself "Warped"?
8)

Just a name I chose. The name suits me.

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/13 at 9:15 pm

Just a name I chose. The name suits me.

cuz you are seriously warped.....like SERIOUSLY!  :D

Written By: warped on 08/21/13 at 12:39 pm

cuz you are seriously warped.....like SERIOUSLY!  :D

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/sayannachan/Rpsnowwhit.gif

Written By: The Valley Goth on 08/21/13 at 7:18 pm

Like, Hi, warped, Fer Shurr,

Totally priceless!
;D

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/sayannachan/Rpsnowwhit.gif

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/30/13 at 5:37 pm

I just wanted to apologize to you for being a jerk and fudging you in your "Best American Bands" thread the other week. You've always been cool to me and I have no excuse for how I acted towards you. Again, I apologize.  :-\\

Written By: warped on 08/30/13 at 6:01 pm

I just wanted to apologize to you for being a jerk and fudging you in your "Best American Bands" thread the other week. You've always been cool to me and I have no excuse for how I acted towards you. Again, I apologize.  :-\\

Thanks, but no problem. Just thought you were having a bad day or something. I get those...
You have always been cool to me too, no worries.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/30/13 at 10:21 pm

Do they tell Ole and Lena jokes in Canada?

Or is that more of a North Dakota/Minnesota thing?

Written By: warped on 08/31/13 at 7:03 am

Do they tell Ole and Lena jokes in Canada?

I don't even know what those are, sorry.  ;D

Written By: nally on 11/07/13 at 6:33 pm

What was the last vacation trip you took, and when?

Written By: warped on 11/07/13 at 6:45 pm

What was the last vacation trip you took, and when?

Last vacation. That would be a little over 2 years ago, we went to the San Juan Islands in Washington State (in America).  We traveled to and from a bunch of little islands, by ferry boat.  It was quite enjoyable.

Written By: snozberries on 11/07/13 at 10:02 pm

you wake up one morning in prison... what is the crime you were convicted of?  ;D

Written By: warped on 11/08/13 at 7:25 am

you wake up one morning in prison... what is the crime you were convicted of?  ;D

Hmm, let's see...

Prostitution?...erm...nope...
Killing rampant pedophiles? maybe...let's see..
Drug trafficking...not me
Indecent exposure? ewww..I hope not...nope... :D
DWI? Nope..don't drink...
Identity theft? hmmm..Who's identity could I steal.. 

http://images.blogthings.com/whatdisneyprincessareyouquiz/snow-white.jpg

A possibility..but...nope...

Arson? But..what could I burn down...Is there a "Rap music hall of fame" building?  :D  "Disco hall of fame?"  :D

I need money...Insurance fraud? Could be.

But I'm gonna go with this:  Arrested for Pyramid Schemes.

Hey Q...I just started a company...an organization that is helping people help themselves.  All you need to do is send me $1000.00 and I'll get back to ya... later on, when I feel you have passed the test...you can start asking people for $1000.00.. But I expect to keep 95% of that.. and 95% out of every $1000.00 you get.

After 5 years, my percentage decreases to 75%.

Sounds good?  :D  :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/13 at 9:55 pm

Hmm, let's see...

Prostitution?...erm...nope...
Killing rampant pedophiles? maybe...let's see..
Drug trafficking...not me
Indecent exposure? ewww..I hope not...nope... :D
DWI? Nope..don't drink...
Identity theft? hmmm..Who's identity could I steal.. 

http://images.blogthings.com/whatdisneyprincessareyouquiz/snow-white.jpg

A possibility..but...nope...

Arson? But..what could I burn down...Is there a "Rap music hall of fame" building?  :D  "Disco hall of fame?"  :D

I need money...Insurance fraud? Could be.

But I'm gonna go with this:  Arrested for Pyramid Schemes.

Hey Q...I just started a company...an organization that is helping people help themselves.  All you need to do is send me $1000.00 and I'll get back to ya... later on, when I feel you have passed the test...you can start asking people for $1000.00.. But I expect to keep 95% of that.. and 95% out of every $1000.00 you get.

After 5 years, my percentage decreases to 75%.

Sounds good?  :D :D

um.... NO!  :P

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/09/13 at 10:00 am

Hi!  :)

--What's one concert tour you wish you could have seen a show from?
--What do you think of twerking?
--Can you twerk?
--Will you ask more questions, please?  ;)

Written By: warped on 11/09/13 at 12:24 pm

Hi!  :)

--What's one concert tour you wish you could have seen a show from?

The Beatles in the 1960s. Or the Police from 1978-1983.

--What do you think of twerking?

8-P

--Can you twerk?

Don't even wanna try.

--Will you ask more questions, please?  ;)

OK.

Written By: warped on 11/12/13 at 6:33 am

I'd prefer a retrospective...you know a look back at wonder years and its impact.

A reunion movie would be too sad. I mean Kevin pretty much laid out everyone's lives in the finale. Jack dies and Kevin & Winnie do not get married.  Why would I wanna see that

Same question to you in your thread.  Please pretend like I posted it there ;)

I'l like to see a reunion, maybe a 25th High School reunion. Kevin and his wife come with his son. Winnie and her husband come with their daughter.  Both kids are around 13 or 14. And Kevin's son falls in love with Winnie's daughter. Corny, cheesy. But I think it might be cool.

Also, Kevin and Winnie begin to have feelings for each other, but don't act upon them. However they do take a drive together on the street where they used to live, and where Harper's woods was. (flashbacks of course)

Paul will be there, Becky Slater too, Chuck, Jeff, Craig Hobson (who married Becky). I just had to think about what kind of havoc will Becky cause in the reunion TV film.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/13 at 8:56 am

^not bad.

Did you know the guy who played Chuck is a writer on Psych?

Written By: amjikloviet on 11/12/13 at 9:43 am

When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Written By: warped on 11/12/13 at 10:23 am

When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Hockey star, baseball star, fireman, astronaut and rock star.

Hockey star because of my love for Bobby Orr, I wanted to be like him.
Baseball star because I also loved the game and it turns out I was a better ball player than hockey player.
Fireman, coz every boy at the time wanted to be a fireman or a cop.  I was never fond of guns and still am not, so I chose fireman.
Astronaut because when I was 6 I was inspired by Neil Armstrong walking on the moon. I think many kids my age were.
Rock Star because I just liked to sing and loved music since the late 1960.

I`ll let you know when I grow up if I became any of these  ;)

Written By: warped on 11/12/13 at 10:23 am

^not bad.

Did you know the guy who played Chuck is a writer on Psych?

No I didn`t but I think I remember a pic of you and him, might have seen it here on or fb.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/12/13 at 4:28 pm

I'l like to see a reunion, maybe a 25th High School reunion. Kevin and his wife come with his son. Winnie and her husband come with their daughter.  Both kids are around 13 or 14. And Kevin's son falls in love with Winnie's daughter. Corny, cheesy. But I think it might be cool.

That is pretty much happened in Will and Grace.  They meet when they are dropping their kids off at college, the kids fall in love....

Written By: warped on 11/12/13 at 6:01 pm

That is pretty much happened in Will and Grace.  They meet when they are dropping their kids off at college, the kids fall in love....

:o  didn't know that.  It was a funny show.

Written By: amjikloviet on 11/14/13 at 11:32 am

Have you ever met any musicians in person, like at a meet and greet?

Written By: warped on 11/14/13 at 2:53 pm

Have you ever met any musicians in person, like at a meet and greet?

I met a few Canadian musicians. I met Bruce Cockburn at a record store. He was very quiet, didn't say much.
I met a few members from "The Spoons" and "Platinum Blonde" when I went on stage after their concerts...shortly before either were famous, there were about a few hundred people in the crowd. 

The Platinum Blonde guys were nice (and played an awesome concert too). Didn't get to do much more than say Hi to Sandy Horne (of the Spoons) since she was being hit on by everyone.

Written By: amjikloviet on 11/14/13 at 6:14 pm

I met a few Canadian musicians. I met Bruce Cockburn at a record store. He was very quiet, didn't say much.
I met a few members from "The Spoons" and "Platinum Blonde" when I went on stage after their concerts...shortly before either were famous, there were about a few hundred people in the crowd. 

The Platinum Blonde guys were nice (and played an awesome concert too). Didn't get to do much more than say Hi to Sandy Horne (of the Spoons) since she was being hit on by everyone.

That's nice. And yes, I've heard a lot of famous musicians are shy in person.

Written By: snozberries on 11/17/13 at 6:01 pm

When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?

Written By: warped on 11/17/13 at 6:07 pm

When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?

Lots of things.

1) A hockey star because of Bobby Orr, I wanted to be like him.  8) 
2) A Baseball star because I also loved the game as much as hockey back then and it turns out I was a better ball player than hockey player. I led my league in Home Runs once when I was 12!
3) A Fireman, coz every male kid at the time wanted to be a fireman or a cop.  I never really liked guns, so I chose fireman. Plus, they have cool trucks  8)
4) An astronaut because when I was 6 I was inspired by Neil Armstrong walking on the moon. I think many boys my age or older were.
5) A Rock Star because I just liked to sing !  I wanted to be a lead singer of a rock band.  Loved those guitar solos.  8)

Written By: snozberries on 11/17/13 at 6:39 pm

Lots of things.

1) A hockey star because of Bobby Orr, I wanted to be like him.  8) 
2) A Baseball star because I also loved the game as much as hockey back then and it turns out I was a better ball player than hockey player. I led my league in Home Runs once when I was 12!
3) A Fireman, coz every male kid at the time wanted to be a fireman or a cop.  I never really liked guns, so I chose fireman. Plus, they have cool trucks  8)
4) An astronaut because when I was 6 I was inspired by Neil Armstrong walking on the moon. I think many boys my age or older were.
5) A Rock Star because I just liked to sing !  I wanted to be a lead singer of a rock band.  Loved those guitar solos.  8)
if you could be any of those now which one do wish you'd been?

Written By: warped on 11/17/13 at 6:48 pm

if you could be any of those now which one do wish you'd been?

At my age (50+), I wouldn't be playing hockey or baseball now.

Guess I would have liked to have been a hockey player and today I'd look back on a decent career.

Written By: Ripley on 11/30/13 at 12:54 am

What is/are your favorite memories from your childhood?

Written By: warped on 11/30/13 at 12:08 pm

I had a few great friends when I was a kid. Playing with toys in their home or ours.  8)
I remember watching Neil Armstrong walk on the moon  8)
I remember running away from home for a day with my best friend at the time  8)

The innocence of childhood. Great times.
Would I go back there? I think so. I'd love to return to the late 60s, when the music was great, TV shows were great and when the world was such a safer and better place than it is now.

Written By: Ripley on 11/30/13 at 9:12 pm

I had a few great friends when I was a kid. Playing with toys in their home or ours.  8)
I remember watching Neil Armstrong walk on the moon  8)
I remember running away from home for a day with my best friend at the time  8)

The innocence of childhood. Great times.
Would I go back there? I think so. I'd love to return to the late 60s, when the music was great, TV shows were great and when the world was such a safer and better place than it is now.

Sometimes I feel like returning to my childhood.  It was much simpler back then  :(

Written By: Ripley on 11/30/13 at 9:13 pm

On average how much do you listen the radio, on an actual radio and internet?

Written By: warped on 12/01/13 at 11:45 am

On average how much do you listen the radio, on an actual radio and internet?

I have an oldies station I listen to on the radio. (50s, 60s, 70s and some 80s creep in once in a while)
I also listen to an internet station, I'd say on average 1 to 2 hours a day. When I'm not listening to that, I listen to my CDs/mp3s or what's on my computer.

Written By: Howard on 12/01/13 at 4:20 pm

Sometimes I feel like returning to my childhood.  It was much simpler back then  :(

I feel the same way.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 12/01/13 at 7:44 pm

When is your birthday?

Written By: warped on 12/01/13 at 7:44 pm

November, it passed exactly 3 weeks ago.

Written By: Ripley on 12/10/13 at 10:45 pm

Do you own any vinyl records and do you play them still?

Written By: warped on 12/11/13 at 5:53 am

Do you own any vinyl records and do you play them still?

Aww, your question brings back memories...I used to own several hundred albums and loads of '45s. I have sold some and given the rest away. The last album I owned was also one of the first ones I ever bought, a K-Tel album from 1973.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 12/14/13 at 11:23 pm

coffee, tea, both, or neither?

Written By: warped on 12/15/13 at 9:01 pm

coffee, tea, both, or neither?

coffee, tea.. or me... ;D

I drink tea a few times a week, I like tea. I have never been a coffee drinker. I'm one of those people that lots of people coz when I wake up, I'm pretty alert after 3 seconds. I will drink coffee a few times a year if I've had 2 hours sleep or less the night before. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/18/13 at 10:50 am

How do you feel about the shock announcement of the retirement of Justin Bieber?

Written By: warped on 12/18/13 at 10:53 am

How do you feel about the shock announcement of the retirement of Justin Bieber?

I replied in another thread you started about Bieber... But I shall post it here as well

There are loads of singers past and present much worse than him, and with much worse character flaws (murderers, drug addicted pedophiles creeps, beating their girlfriends etc..) that I'd rather have seen retire long ago.
But I doubt he will retire.
Since I don't listen to his music, I won't miss him. The only thing I will be glad is if we don't hear his name in the news.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/19/13 at 7:36 am

What was the last concert you saw?

Written By: warped on 12/19/13 at 12:32 pm

What was the last concert you saw?

I saw a band (outdoor) concert in September. They were a local Canadian band called "Cuff the Duke", played country/rock. It was free :D 
I stayed for 1/2 the show until it got too loud for my ears to take.

Written By: Ripley on 12/21/13 at 7:41 pm

Do prefer to eat your fruit by itself or dipped in something (caramel, yogurt, etc.)?

Written By: warped on 12/25/13 at 7:39 pm

Do prefer to eat your fruit by itself or dipped in something (caramel, yogurt, etc.)?

I like fruit by itself, but I also eat it in yoghurt and with ice cream.

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/13 at 7:48 pm

I like fruit by itself, but I also eat it in yoghurt and with ice cream.

do canadians call it yoghurt cuz it hurts to eat something healthy???  :D

Written By: warped on 12/25/13 at 7:50 pm

do canadians call it yoghurt cuz it hurts to eat something healthy???  :D

That's the only reason... :D

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/13 at 7:50 pm

That's the only reason... :D
;D

Written By: Ripley on 12/27/13 at 9:23 pm

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?

Written By: warped on 12/27/13 at 9:30 pm

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?

I never do. Not now or 20 years ago, or even 40 years ago.

Written By: Ripley on 12/27/13 at 9:39 pm

How do you celebrate the new year? 

Written By: warped on 12/28/13 at 2:08 pm

How do you celebrate the new year? 

The last 4 out of 5 years I never made it to midnight, fell asleep before that.  ;D
We don't do anything for New years anymore. It's just another day to me.

Written By: Ripley on 01/02/14 at 5:41 pm

Do you prefer blinds, curtains or both?

Written By: warped on 01/02/14 at 6:29 pm

I prefer curtains in the bedroom and living room. That's where I put them up. We used to have blinds in our bedroom before that. But now we have curtains, everywhere. (bedrooms, living room, kitchen)

Written By: Ripley on 01/02/14 at 6:43 pm

Do you like going to the zoo?

Written By: warped on 01/02/14 at 6:58 pm

Do you like going to the zoo?

Yes, I love family reunions!

I adore going to the zoo, any zoo. I have been to many zoos in my lifetime. The best one I have seen is the Toronto zoo. I have been to zoos in America and Europe as well.  When we go on holidays, I always  check ahead if there is a zoo in the area so that we can visit it.

Written By: Ripley on 01/02/14 at 7:31 pm

Yes, I love family reunions!

I adore going to the zoo, any zoo. I have been to many zoos in my lifetime. The best one I have seen is the Toronto zoo. I have been to zoos in America and Europe as well.  When we go on holidays, I always  check ahead if there is a zoo in the area so that we can visit it.

Awesome!

What are some of your favorite animals to see?

Written By: warped on 01/02/14 at 7:45 pm

Awesome!

What are some of your favorite animals to see?

Let's see: Elephants, Giraffes, Gorillas, Orangutans, Lions, Tigers, Bears, Jaguar's, Kangaroos, Rhino's, Polar Bears, Penguins, Eagles, Bison, Moose, Flamingos....I probably missed a few on the list.  :D

Written By: Ripley on 01/02/14 at 7:55 pm

Have you ever seen penguins at a zoo?  I have and they're fun too watch.  :)

Written By: warped on 01/02/14 at 8:01 pm

Have you ever seen penguins at a zoo?  I have and they're fun too watch.  :)

They sure are!

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3832/11721578316_11418ce5a6_z.jpg

Written By: Ripley on 01/02/14 at 10:43 pm

Have you been to Vancouver?

Written By: warped on 01/03/14 at 5:38 am

Have you been to Vancouver?

Yes I have, several times.  It's beautiful.

Written By: Howard on 01/03/14 at 9:09 am

Do you shovel snow?

Written By: warped on 01/03/14 at 6:27 pm

Do you shovel snow?

Nope.

Check for new replies or respond here...