inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask me about Cryptozoology

Written By: amjikloviet on 01/24/13 at 9:35 pm

Anything about Cryptozoology you want to know about? Just ask me, and I will use my expertise in the field to do my best and reply.  :)

Subject: Re: Ask me about Cryptozoology

Written By: meesa on 01/25/13 at 12:07 pm

is there a specific type of animal that you are researching, or are you just doing general research?
Is there any specific type of animal research that appeals to you?

Written By: amjikloviet on 01/25/13 at 2:24 pm

is there a specific type of animal that you are researching, or are you just doing general research?
Is there any specific type of animal research that appeals to you?

Yes, just general research that I have been doing since 2005. I would say the Cryptid research that appeal to me most are the sea serpents and lake creatures, such as: Caddy, Ogopogo, Igopogo, Nahuelito, Manipogo, Tahoe Tessie, Champ, Mokele mbembe, the list goes on and on.

Written By: meesa on 01/25/13 at 2:41 pm

Yes, just general research that I have been doing since 2005. I would say the Cryptid research that appeal to me most are the sea serpents and lake creatures, such as: Caddy, Ogopogo, Igopogo, Nahuelito, Manipogo, Tahoe Tessie, Champ, Mokele mbembe, the list goes on and on.

It sounds really fascinating!  :)

I knew about Champ and and Nessie but I did not know that there were so many others!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/25/13 at 4:24 pm

The first thing that popped into my head was this:

Is the Jersey Devil, truly a cryptid or is just folklore?
Thanks

Feel free to post questions to my page too.  :)

Written By: amjikloviet on 01/25/13 at 6:46 pm

The first thing that popped into my head was this:

Is the Jersey Devil, truly a cryptid or is just folklore?
Thanks

Feel free to post questions to my page too.  :)

Yes the Jersey Devil is considered a cryptid because it supposedly has been described as being animal like. It is described as being three to four feet and a half high with a head like a dog, long neck, and wings about three feet long. Because it has only been seen and not captured it is also considered a mythical creature.

Written By: Howard on 01/25/13 at 8:12 pm

what in the world is cryptzoology?  ???

Written By: amjikloviet on 01/25/13 at 8:31 pm

what in the world is cryptzoology?  ???

Cryptozoology is the study of unknown animals or creatures whose existence have not been proved by science. Some examples of unknown creatures or animals include the Yeti, Loch ness monster and Tasmanian Tiger. Cryptozoology is a pseudoscience because it relies mostly on alleged sightings and stories by people who have seen them. The unknown animals are referred to as "Cryptids"

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/25/13 at 11:00 pm

Thanks!

I just thought the Devil was Snooki without her makeup on.  ;)

Joking.

Written By: warped on 01/26/13 at 12:22 pm

Cryptozoology is the study of unknown animals or creatures whose existence have not been proved by science. Some examples of unknown creatures or animals include the Yeti, Loch ness monster and Tasmanian Tiger. Cryptozoology is a pseudoscience because it relies mostly on alleged sightings and stories by people who have seen them. The unknown animals are referred to as "Cryptids"

Like unicorns or the Dodo bird?

Written By: amjikloviet on 01/26/13 at 12:38 pm

Like unicorns or the Dodo bird?

Well, the Dodo did exist but is not a Cryptid because it's not unknown. The unicorn could be one though, possibly a type of horse that hasn't been found yet.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/27/13 at 10:32 pm

What's the strangest Cryptid you've ever heard of?

Written By: amjikloviet on 01/28/13 at 1:44 pm

What's the strangest Cryptid you've ever heard of?

Probably the Moa. I just can't imagine seeing a bird without any wings, lol.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/28/13 at 4:35 pm

That sounds creepy. I wiki'd it and this picture came up.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d7/Megalapteryx.png/419px-Megalapteryx.png
I do reckon if it were around when people walked the earth, it was fairly easy to club the brains out of one and have dinner. LOL.

Written By: amjikloviet on 01/28/13 at 5:37 pm

That sounds creepy. I wiki'd it and this picture came up.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d7/Megalapteryx.png/419px-Megalapteryx.png
I do reckon if it were around when people walked the earth, it was fairly easy to club the brains out of one and have dinner. LOL.

Yep that's a Moa. That is probably one of the scariest pictures of the Moa ever!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/08/13 at 10:14 pm

Do you believe in Big Foot?  I don't.  We've been patrolling the forests of the Northwest and Canada by air and nobody's ever spotted one of those things with verifiable proof.

You have to be a little more cafreul about the Yeti because the Buddhists in that part of the world regard Yeti as a real entity in their mythology. 

Written By: amjikloviet on 02/08/13 at 10:24 pm

Do you believe in Big Foot?  I don't.  We've been patrolling the forests of the Northwest and Canada by air and nobody's ever spotted one of those things with verifiable proof.

You have to be a little more cafreul about the Yeti because the Buddhists in that part of the world regard Yeti as a real entity in their mythology.

I think it could be possible that Big Foot exists(because supposedly there is evidence), however I really believe that a lot of the sightings have been hoaxes. Anyone could buy a costume that resembles an ape like creature and make a good video and fool people.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/09/13 at 11:01 pm

I watch this show on the Travel Channel called "Mysteries at the Museum" and on there--I can't recall what state the place was in, but it was the northwest US, and they claimed to have like a slide with fecal matter on it that they claim came from Big Foot.

I don't know what bothered me more. That someone took a sample, or that the museum KEPT it after all this time!  :(

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/19/13 at 1:40 am

Is the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland real?

Check for new replies or respond here...