inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help me on this movie location and film

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/13 at 1:40 am

In another topic we were talking about film locations, and I have this image set up for "Name The Movie Location" in Penguin Quizzes, I know it is in New York NY, and I have forgotten the name of the location and which film.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/Phil_O-Sopher/Location24.jpg

Can you help me please?

Subject: Re: Help me on this movie location and film

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/13 at 2:42 pm

The structure is on the corner of River Terrace and North End Road, Lower Manhattan.

But, what was the film!

Written By: warped on 10/22/13 at 3:03 pm

The structure is on the corner of River Terrace and North End Road, Lower Manhattan.

But, what was the film!

After searching google maps, I believe the building/place is called the Irish Hunger Memorial. Hope this helps a little in the search.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/13 at 3:05 pm

After searching google maps, I believe the building/place is called the Irish Hunger Memorial. Hope this helps a little in the search.
Many thanks.

Written By: warped on 10/22/13 at 3:12 pm

Many thanks.

The only movie I have found in any search is " P.S. I Love you?" with Hillary Swank & Harry Connick JR. I have not seen the film so I cannot comment whether what I found on the net is accurate or not.
Is that the one?

Written By: gibbo on 10/22/13 at 6:46 pm

The only movie I have found in any search is " P.S. I Love you?" with Hillary Swank & Harry Connick JR. I have not seen the film so I cannot comment whether what I found on the net is accurate or not.
Is that the one?

Definitely P.S. I Love you.  Now Philip can move on in the Name thta Movie thread. ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/13 at 10:58 pm

Is that the one?

Definitely P.S. I Love you.  Now Philip can move on in the Name thta Movie thread. ;)
Many thanks, I know what to do now!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/13 at 11:06 pm

Is that the one?

The movie "P.S. I Love You" does feature the main stars traveling to Ireland, and the Irish Hunger Memorial does seem to be an appropriate location for it.

Written By: warped on 10/23/13 at 12:14 pm

Philip, Here's the film "PS I Love you"

However, language is not English, but go to minute # 51:50 for the Irish Hunger Memorial.    :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_34qB3sqzZA

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/23/13 at 12:46 pm

However, language is not English, but go to minute # 51:50 for the Irish Hunger Memorial.    :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_34qB3sqzZA
Due to copyright reasons. it has been blocked for my country.

We have the DVD of "PS I Love You" and it was seen some while back as a family viewing.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/24/13 at 9:38 am

There are not many stills from the film featuring the Irish Famine Memorial online, but there is one explaining a mistake in the film.

The image can be view here.

"At the Irish Famine Memorial, when Daniel says, "I think you're a little bit perverted," regarding the corned beef sandwiches, Holly's handbag dangles from her left arm, but next shot it's on her right arm."

Check for new replies or respond here...