inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Straight Tawk From New Yawk - Don't Ask If You Can't Handle the Truth

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/29/13 at 7:03 pm

Sometimes the truth is hard to hear but it is necessary! 

Ask me a question and I will give you the honest truth in a tactful way. 

Example: 

Question:  "Do I look fat in this?"
Answer:  "That dress does absolutely nothing for you. I'm sure you've got something in your closet more flattering"

Question:  "Do you think I drink too much?"
Answer:  "If you're asking, you have a problem; get thee to a meeting pronto"

So go ahead and ask away (If you can handle it)....

Subject: Re: Straight Tawk From New Yawk - Don't Ask If You Can't Handle the Truth

Written By: warped on 12/29/13 at 7:07 pm

Is this an 'Ask Ladybug only' thread...or can ANYONE come on here and give advice...and tell it like it is.

Subject: Re: Straight Tawk From New Yawk - Don't Ask If You Can't Handle the Truth

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/29/13 at 7:14 pm

As long as you can keep it truthful, anyone is more than welcome to participate!

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/13 at 9:50 pm

Sometimes the truth is hard to hear but it is necessary! 

Ask me a question and I will give you the honest truth in a tactful way. 

Question:  "Do you think I drink too much?"
Answer:  "If you're asking, you have a problem; get thee to a meeting pronto"

where were you in 1996... I could've used this advice back then...

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/29/13 at 9:56 pm

where were you in 1996... I could've used this advice back then...

Had I known you back then, you probably wouldn't have needed to ask the question; I'd have told you (especially as my friend who needed help).

Anyway, it seems as though you were truthful with yourself when you really needed the answer!  And if I've never said it before, congratulations on your sobriety!

See, that didn't hurt!

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/13 at 10:10 pm

Had I known you back then, you probably wouldn't have needed to ask the question; I'd have told you (especially as my friend who needed help).

Anyway, it seems as though you were truthful with yourself when you really needed the answer!  And if I've never said it before, congratulations on your sobriety!

See, that didn't hurt!

thanks!

I have to admit... I saw an ad for Honey Vodka and was intrigued enough to feel a familiar tingle but I held my ground...  :) 

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/29/13 at 10:28 pm

thanks!

I have to admit... I saw an ad for Honey Vodka and was intrigued enough to feel a familiar tingle but I held my ground...  :)

Nothing good to see there; keep it moving  ;)  Good for you!!!

Written By: Howard on 12/30/13 at 7:19 am

Have you heard of Phyllis Hyman?

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/30/13 at 4:46 pm

I think she's a singer.  Lemme go Google her....

Ok, my quick search did not turn up any tunes I know.  I may listen later and give you my honest opinion on Ms. Phyllis.

Written By: Ripley on 12/30/13 at 10:35 pm

Have you loved ladybugs since you were a kid?  :)

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/31/13 at 3:49 pm

Actually, no.

The name is sort of an inside joke and a split second decision to find a screen name. 

I do think they are pretty cool, though.

Here are some fun facts for you:

Ladybugs are attracted to the color white and hibernate for the winter!

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/31/13 at 4:14 pm

Ok Howard, I have listened to about 6 songs of Ms. Phyllis Hyman and I liked not a one.  While I appreciate her deep voice, her tunes just don't do it for me.  I'll stick to Ms. Anita Baker.

Written By: Ripley on 01/01/14 at 1:08 am

Ok Howard, I have listened to about 6 songs of Ms. Phyllis Hyman and I liked not a one.  While I appreciate her deep voice, her tunes just don't do it for me.  I'll stick to Ms. Anita Baker.

Have you ever watched the New Year's Ball drop in person?

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/01/14 at 10:48 am

No way. 

Standing in a crowd of crazy drunk people is NOT my idea of fun.  Plus, you have to get there extremely early in the morning to secure a good spot and I'm not willing to stand around freezing for hours, to just count down from 10  :D

Written By: Ripley on 01/01/14 at 10:55 am

No way. 

Standing in a crowd of crazy drunk people is NOT my idea of fun.  Plus, you have to get there extremely early in the morning to secure a good spot and I'm not willing to stand around freezing for hours, to just count down from 10  :D

That's exactly how I feel about it.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/14 at 11:11 am

Doncha hate when people TRY to do a New Yawk accent and it comes out "New Yaaak"? They sound more like they are from Baaaston than from New Yawk. (One of my pet peeves.)

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 01/01/14 at 11:47 am

Have you always lived in the big apple?

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/01/14 at 1:21 pm

Doncha hate when people TRY to do a New Yawk accent and it comes out "New Yaaak"? They sound more like they are from Baaaston than from New Yawk. (One of my pet peeves.)

Cat

Yes, but I generally hate that about every accent; like people who try to mimic the Australian accent and sound ridiculous!  Or they can't get it right and go all faux British.

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/01/14 at 1:21 pm

Have you always lived in the big apple?

Yes.

Written By: Ripley on 01/01/14 at 1:24 pm

What's the farthest you have traveled?

Written By: Howard on 01/01/14 at 4:23 pm

No way. 

It's best to watch it at home.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/14 at 4:25 pm

Where in New York do you live?

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/14 at 7:52 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong (I know you will)  I thought the big apple was specifically Manhattan not the 5 borroughs (sp?) as a whole......  no?

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/01/14 at 10:05 pm

What's the farthest you have traveled?

In which direction?  :D

I've been to Ireland, which is probably the farthest.  I've also been to California, which is the farthest west I've been.

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/01/14 at 10:06 pm

It's best to watch it at home.

Yes it is!

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/01/14 at 10:10 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong (I know you will)  I thought the big apple was specifically Manhattan not the 5 borroughs (sp?) as a whole......  no?

You are correct, Q.  New York, New York is the borough of Manhattan and it alone, is considered "the Big Apple".

I live on Staten Island, which is lovingly considered "the Forgotten Borough"  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/14 at 10:19 pm

In which direction?  :D

I've been to Ireland, which is probably the farthest.  I've also been to California, which is the farthest west I've been.

Will you sing "I'm going back to Cali" when you finally decide to come back???  (fyi...there is only one right answer to this question)  :D

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/14 at 10:20 pm

You are correct, Q.  New York, New York is the borough of Manhattan and it alone, is considered "the Big Apple".

I live on Staten Island, which is lovingly considered "the Forgotten Borough"  ;D

Practically everything I learned about NYC I learned from Cagney and Lacey.

Written By: Ripley on 01/02/14 at 5:40 pm

Do you prefer blinds, curtains or both?

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/02/14 at 5:59 pm

Will you sing "I'm going back to Cali" when you finally decide to come back???  (fyi...there is only one right answer to this question)  :D

I don't think so!  ;D ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/02/14 at 6:03 pm

Do you prefer blinds, curtains or both?

This is a really strange question, Ripley.  Should I worry about you?

I suppose it depends where the window was situated and consider the whole aesthetic of the room.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/02/14 at 6:10 pm

I heard Staten Island got hit hard by Sandy. How bad were you effected by her?

Side note: In my really, really young days (when I was really stupid), I thought Staten Island was where the Statue of Liberty was.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Those were the days when I used to spell the word water w-a-r-d-e-r.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 01/02/14 at 6:39 pm

This is a really strange question, Ripley.  Should I worry about you?

I suppose it depends where the window was situated and consider the whole aesthetic of the room.

Nope  :D

Written By: Ripley on 01/02/14 at 6:40 pm

Do you like cheese wiz???

Written By: snozberries on 01/02/14 at 8:24 pm

I don't think so!  ;D ;D

That is TOTALLY the right answer!  ;D    K+1

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/02/14 at 9:12 pm

I heard Staten Island got hit hard by Sandy. How bad were you effected by her?

Side note: In my really, really young days (when I was really stupid), I thought Staten Island was where the Statue of Liberty was.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Those were the days when I used to spell the word water w-a-r-d-e-r.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Thankfully enough, I live mid-island and my house was spared any damage, but you asked how I was effected and I can say, very deeply.  One ginormous water swell wiped out the whole south side of our island.  The devastation was truly unbelievable. So many people are still displaced; so many homes are marked for demolition!  It's truly heartbreaking.

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/02/14 at 9:15 pm

Do you like cheese wiz???

Well, now I'm full on frightened!  Your questions are random and peculiar.

I do not ever eat cheese wiz.  Is it really fair to even call it cheese?

Written By: snozberries on 01/02/14 at 9:17 pm

they don't call it cheese...they call it cheez.... I think that speaks for itself

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VkvHT4KiBKU/TubFoxyBLYI/AAAAAAAAA_Y/y0muRgJMlUw/s1600/CheezWhiz.jpg

but then again they do market it as a cheese dip....so I don't know... guess who's never tried it  :D

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/02/14 at 9:36 pm

they don't call it cheese...they call it cheez.... I think that speaks for itself

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VkvHT4KiBKU/TubFoxyBLYI/AAAAAAAAA_Y/y0muRgJMlUw/s1600/CheezWhiz.jpg

but then again they do market it as a cheese dip....so I don't know... guess who's never tried it  :D
it would freak me out if it was the only cheese like food substance you would eat!  Might as well make it glow in the dark, cause I am not touching that stuff!!!!

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/02/14 at 9:50 pm

You've never tried it?  But it's so great with over-processed, freeze-dried frogs legs!

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 01/02/14 at 9:53 pm

Since we're talking about cheese, does it weird anyone else out when people eat cheese by itself? I feel like cheese is only meant to be a topping or added ingredient to food...

Written By: Ripley on 01/02/14 at 10:36 pm

I've started a conversation on cheese!  ;D  Sorry about spelling it wrong.  I do like cheese but not the kind I asked about, could be the reason I didn't bother to spell it right!  The only cheese I eat by itself are the sticks that are sold separately at stores.  I usually just put it on things.  Lasagna, pizza, tacos, burgers...

New question (not about cheese!): Have you ever been part of a sports team, whether in school or outside of it?

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/02/14 at 10:45 pm

Since we're talking about cheese, does it weird anyone else out when people eat cheese by itself? I feel like cheese is only meant to be a topping or added ingredient to food...

You mean like if it's cubed as an hors d'oeuvre?  That doesn't bother me, as long as it's an actual dairy product.  If you can keep it in your pantry, or squeeze it out in aerosol form, I want absolutely no part of it.

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/02/14 at 10:48 pm

I've started a conversation on cheese!  ;D  Sorry about spelling it wrong.  I do like cheese but not the kind I asked about, could be the reason I didn't bother to spell it right!  The only cheese I eat by itself are the sticks that are sold separately at stores.  I usually just put it on things.  Lasagna, pizza, tacos, burgers...

New question (not about cheese!): Have you ever been part of a sports team, whether in school or outside of it?

No.  And don't throw any kind of ball at me and expect me to whack it with a bat, hit it with a club, volley it over a net, or sink it into a basket.  I don't run; I don't even hurry and I would not be an asset to anyone's sports team!

Written By: Ripley on 01/02/14 at 10:56 pm

No.  And don't throw any kind of ball at me and expect me to whack it with a bat, hit it with a club, volley it over a net, or sink it into a basket.  I don't run; I don't even hurry and I would not be an asset to anyone's sports team!

:D :)

What kind of gum is your favorite?

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/02/14 at 11:07 pm

:D :)

What kind of gum is your favorite?

Alright, I'm going to be honest:

These questions are boring the hell out of me.  You can't really care if I eat fake cheese or what I hang on my windows or what gum I chew, do you?  Do you really?

Written By: snozberries on 01/02/14 at 11:15 pm

Alright, I'm going to be honest:

These questions are boring the hell out of me.  You can't really care if I eat fake cheese or what I hang on my windows or what gum I chew, do you?  Do you really?

;D 

I told you my Now that Ann Landers & Dear Abby are dead ask me instead was a better title....  I don't think people realize you are here to offer advice they can't get elsewhere....  hopefully this post helps  ;)

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/02/14 at 11:55 pm

Thank you!

Written By: Howard on 01/03/14 at 9:13 am

It's processed cheese.

Written By: Howard on 01/03/14 at 9:14 am

I like it when it's melted.

Written By: Howard on 01/03/14 at 9:15 am

How many inches of snow did you get?

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/03/14 at 9:50 am

How many inches of snow did you get?

I think about 7.  How did Queens fare?

Written By: Howard on 01/03/14 at 10:15 am

I think about 7.  How did Queens fare?

8 inches of snow.

Written By: warped on 01/05/14 at 4:05 pm

Where have you traveled to ( in the world) and what was your favorite place to visit?

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/05/14 at 5:08 pm

The only country I've ever traveled to was Ireland and I really liked it there!  I've been to most of the states up and down the east coast of U.S. and I liked Maine the best.  I've also been to a few states in the west and really enjoyed California.

Written By: Howard on 01/09/14 at 7:35 am

What's the hottest and coldest place in the 50 states you've traveled to?

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/09/14 at 5:19 pm

Coldest was Maine but I went in the fall so it wasn't completely freezing.  Hottest was Arizona.  It was about 115 degrees and miserable!

Written By: whistledog on 01/09/14 at 6:45 pm

What's your opinion on Michael Jackson? :D

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/09/14 at 10:06 pm

Wrote some classic tunes.
Absolutely batsheesh crazy.
Pedophile.
Drug addict.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/10/14 at 7:04 pm

--Do you like your job?
--Do you get along well with your co-workers?
--Have you ever wanted to do like the jittery Milton fellow in "Office Space" and burn the place down?
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50276_2208198273_859_n.jpg
--What would be your dream job?
--Will you toss some questions my way?  ;)

Thanks.

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/10/14 at 8:29 pm

--Do you like your job?
--Do you get along well with your co-workers?
--Have you ever wanted to do like the jittery Milton fellow in "Office Space" and burn the place down?
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50276_2208198273_859_n.jpg
--What would be your dream job?
--Will you toss some questions my way?  ;)

Thanks.

Ok,
Yes, I like the work I do, but most importantly because I can do it close to home.

Yes, I like my co-workers a lot.  We're a family (and sometimes we get itchy/scratchy) but it's a nice environment

Oh, I've had places I've wanted to burn down and bosses I wanted to punch in the throat, but not my present job (or boss).

Dream job is rock star (isn't everyone's?)

No, I'm not asking you any questions.  I'm sure you've already answered anything I might have wanted to know, or evaded those you don't want to answer.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/10/14 at 8:47 pm

You can try asking what was evaded and I will give an answer in a calm, polite manner.  :)

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/10/14 at 8:51 pm

I don't have anything to ask you.

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/14 at 12:36 am

did you even see Office Space????  ???  lol...

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/11/14 at 8:24 am

did you even see Office Space????  ???  lol...

I actually DID see it a long time ago and was not really as impressed as I ought to have been given everyone's rave reviews.

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/14 at 8:26 am

I actually DID see it a long time ago and was not really as impressed as I ought to have been given everyone's rave reviews.

I am SHOCKED... SHOCKED I TELL YA... not that you didn't like it... but that you actually saw it!  :D
I didn't like it much either...

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/11/14 at 9:13 am

I am SHOCKED... SHOCKED I TELL YA... not that you didn't like it... but that you actually saw it!  :D
I didn't like it much either...

Oh, good!  I can't see why that movie is so quotable; whatever!

On a good note, though, I finally watched the Princess Bride with my daughter last week and THAT was pretty cool.

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/14 at 10:59 am

On a good note, though, I finally watched the Princess Bride with my daughter last week and THAT was pretty cool.

I love that you're exposing her to the classics! Did she love it?

Up next....goonies? Ghostbusters? ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING!!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/11/14 at 11:11 am

I love that you're exposing her to the classics! Did she love it?

Up next....goonies? Ghostbusters? ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING!!!!
i just watched Ferris Bueller (got DVD for Christmas) with the girls last night!!! :D

They love goodies, adventures in babysitting, gremlins (not so much), ghostbusters (1-3)

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/11/14 at 11:17 am

We've watched Goonies, Adventures in Babysitting and Ferris Bueller.  Also Sister Acts I and II, Home Alone I and II and Don't tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead.  She also liked Neverending Story I but we could only sit through 10 minutes of II.

I'm trying....

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/11/14 at 11:39 am

We've watched Goonies, Adventures in Babysitting and Ferris Bueller.  Also Sister Acts I and II, Home Alone I and II and Don't tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead.  She also liked Neverending Story I but we could only sit through 10 minutes of II.

I'm trying....
oh ya!!!!  We've seen Sister Acts, and the home Alones,  and my daughter loves Neverending story(even worse-Neverending 2). But they also love the movie with David Bowie and the unicorn (cannot think of title).....

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/11/14 at 11:44 am

Oh and they love Girls just wanna have fun!!!  I know Q can appreciate that one!!!  And youngest thinks beetle juice is tremendously funny! 

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/14 at 11:49 am

I'm trying....

GREASE 2!

She's got good taste! I didn't like nev. End. Stry. Pt ii either

Flash dance... Wait maybe in 5 more years lol

Et
It's so hard thinking of age appropriate movies.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/11/14 at 11:49 am

You gotta show her Better Off Dead.  It's a classic.  Not too sure how age appropriate it is though. 

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/14 at 11:51 am

i just watched Ferris Bueller (got DVD for Christmas) with the girls last night!!! :D

They love goodies, adventures in babysitting, gremlins (not so much), ghostbusters (1-3)

What. Your girls don't like gremlins??? I'm crushed!!!

Oh and they love Girls just wanna have fun!!!  I know Q can appreciate that one!!!  And youngest thinks beetle juice is tremendously funny! 

YES!!! They are forgiven for gremlins if they appreciate Girls just wanna (they just wanna) ..... Lol

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/14 at 11:53 am

You gotta show her Better Off Dead.  It's a classic.  Not too sure how age appropriate it is though.

;D

I got it Shaz.....karate kid...the original, true blue one and only one worth watching.

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/11/14 at 12:07 pm

What. Your girls don't like gremlins??? I'm crushed!!!

YES!!! They are forgiven for gremlins if they appreciate Girls just wanna (they just wanna) ..... Lol
the youngest wants too...  But the oldest gets so freaked out (she absolutely hates frogs, and squirrels.  And she thinks the gremlins are the worst of both) by the surprise gremlin attacks, she makes it miserable for all of us!  And I am completely laughing through the whole thing!  I love Gremlins!

Better off Dead would be a great watch!!! 

Or even Drop Dead Fred!  I loved that movie!  And Max Dugan returns (sp...). They also love John candy films!!!  Not all appropriate (The blasted raccoons are raunchy) but hilarious none the less!!!! 

They just watched Space Camp the other day!  I forgot completely about that movie!  But it was great!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/11/14 at 1:12 pm

Ok!  Back with the discussion!!! 

I love your non sugar coated answers!  Life ain't sugar coated, and why do we always need to protect others "sensitivities". 

Do you believe much of our problems today result from people being thin skinned, and fragile?  They do not have coping mechanisms in place, and people are expected to coddle them! 

Written By: Howard on 01/11/14 at 3:44 pm

How was the film?

Written By: Howard on 01/11/14 at 3:48 pm

what do you hate more:

rain
snow
tornado
hurricane

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/11/14 at 10:51 pm

I saw that movie in the theater, GJWHF!  Maybe I will watch that if I can find it!  I think Beetlejuice might freak her out a bit, though.

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/11/14 at 10:52 pm

Love, love, love Better Off Dead.  That might be a good one to watch with her also.

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/11/14 at 10:53 pm

;D

I got it Shaz.....karate kid...the original, true blue one and only one worth watching.

Yes, that's on the short list for us.  When the new one came out, I refused to go see it and told her we'd catch the original instead!

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/11/14 at 11:04 pm

I love your non sugar coated answers!  Life ain't sugar coated, and why do we always need to protect others "sensitivities". 

Do you believe much of our problems today result from people being thin skinned, and fragile?  They do not have coping mechanisms in place, and people are expected to coddle them!

Absolutely!  My parents taught me that this world doesn't owe you any favors and they were right!  Life is not always fair; buck up and deal with it.  I'm not saying that you should be cruel but someone's sensitivities are their own issue to work out, not really yours to tip toe around.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/11/14 at 11:09 pm

Have you ever been to the Statue of Liberty, and if have, whats it like inside of it? (I'm terrified of heights. LOL)

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/11/14 at 11:14 pm

Have you ever been to the Statue of Liberty, and if have, whats it like inside of it? (I'm terrified of heights. LOL)

No.  It's full of stairs.  A whole bunch of them that I have no intention of climbing up or down.  I prefer to view it  from the ferry.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/11/14 at 11:22 pm

No.  It's full of stairs.  A whole bunch of them that I have no intention of climbing up or down.  I prefer to view it  from the ferry.

Right, I forgot the stairs.  :( Don't feel bad hon, I wouldn't climb them either.

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/11/14 at 11:49 pm

Right, I forgot the stairs.  :( Don't feel bad hon, I wouldn't climb them either.

I don't feel bad.  Why would I feel bad about not wanting to climb steps?

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/14 at 1:11 am

the youngest wants too...  But the oldest gets so freaked out (she absolutely hates frogs, and squirrels.  And she thinks the gremlins are the worst of both) by the surprise gremlin attacks, she makes it miserable for all of us!  And I am completely laughing through the whole thing!  I love Gremlins!

Better off Dead would be a great watch!!! 

Or even Drop Dead Fred!  I loved that movie!  And Max Dugan returns (sp...). They also love John candy films!!!  Not all appropriate (The blasted raccoons are raunchy) but hilarious none the less!!!! 

They just watched Space Camp the other day!  I forgot completely about that movie!  But it was great!!!

SPACECAMP!!! How could I forget... I watch that movie all the time.

"You think you're scared now, wait til your parents get a bill from NASA for you breaking DATALYS (sp?)"  LOL

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/14 at 2:17 am

funny... I was just having (and I mean like 30 mins ago) having dinner with this comedian I stalk. She was telling me about her newest girlfriend. They have been dating 3 or 4 weeks...she said this is the oldest woman she ever dated (36) and she loves it (Jen is in her late 30s) she said dating younger was too much work... always analyzing shyt and trying to figure out what they really mean...how to say stuff w/o hurting their feelings... dating women of a certain maturity level  don't play all those mind games...it's just straight conversation. If there's an issue they just cut to the chase. She said it's so refreshing.

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/14 at 2:20 am

I saw that movie in the theater, GJWHF!  Maybe I will watch that if I can find it!  I think Beetlejuice might freak her out a bit, though.

GJWHF I saw 3 times in the theater and my dvd has been played A LOT!!!

I don't think it's quite age appropriate... and I know she's not 15 yet but I was thinking about ET and then I remembered how I saw both ET and Tootsie in the same week. Much as I loved ET I really fell in love with Tootsie...to this day it's one of my favorite good films.

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/14 at 2:22 am

Yes, that's on the short list for us.  When the new one came out, I refused to go see it and told her we'd catch the original instead!

good plan...the remake was okay. There were a few creative nods to the original but the original was just so well done. The characters were better defined.

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/14 at 2:32 am

Okay so.... I was listening to Delilah on my way in to work  (do you guys get Delilah? I know she's nationally syndicated but I don't know if everyone knows who she is)  anyway I love, love love her advice and heard a tale today I thought was perfectly suited for the purpose of this Q&A thread... 

Woman writes Delilah and basically tells this story: (I may paraphrase a bit but I'm not exaggerating the details)

"Dear D.

I have been dating a man (who's a single dad) for 2 yrs and he has a daughter who is now 5.  I love him and I love his daughter and his daughter loves me. I want to marry him but he does not seem to be taking my hints.  His daughter told me she wants me to be her mommy and I told her that I want to be her mommy too but I cannot be her mommy unless her daddy asks me to marry him because mommies and daddies are married.  I have love his family and I love him and have told him that his daughter needs a mother. He has told me that he has been in two relationships prior to dating me and that I am the best one he's dated. He say I am the best one for his daughter but he still won't ask me to marry him. How do I get him to realize I'm the one and get him to ask me to marry him?"

Go...

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/12/14 at 10:49 am

Okay so.... I was listening to Delilah on my way in to work  (do you guys get Delilah? I know she's nationally syndicated but I don't know if everyone knows who she is)  anyway I love, love love her advice and heard a tale today I thought was perfectly suited for the purpose of this Q&A thread... 

Woman writes Delilah and basically tells this story: (I may paraphrase a bit but I'm not exaggerating the details)

"Dear D.

I have been dating a man (who's a single dad) for 2 yrs and he has a daughter who is now 5.  I love him and I love his daughter and his daughter loves me. I want to marry him but he does not seem to be taking my hints.  His daughter told me she wants me to be her mommy and I told her that I want to be her mommy too but I cannot be her mommy unless her daddy asks me to marry him because mommies and daddies are married.  I have love his family and I love him and have told him that his daughter needs a mother. He has told me that he has been in two relationships prior to dating me and that I am the best one he's dated. He say I am the best one for his daughter but he still won't ask me to marry him. How do I get him to realize I'm the one and get him to ask me to marry him?"

Go...

I don't know Delilah but I know this old song and dance....

Ask him the question outright.  What is his reaction?  Is he sharing his fears with you or telling you he'll get around to it "someday"? 

You see, I don't hear one thing in your letter saying he's even hinted at marriage; only how good a mother you'd be for his daughter (how convenient for him)!  A man who wants to make things happen, makes them happen and if he can't make things happen, why would you want him anyway?

You cannot change anyone, you can only change yourself (or your reaction to a situation).  If you feel he's dragging his feet, stop dragging yours!  It's ultimatum time, Deary.  You need to decide how important marriage is to you and how long you're willing to live without it. 

Good luck!

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/12/14 at 10:52 am

what do you hate more:

rain
snow
tornado
hurricane

I love rain and snow doesn't bother me.  Hurricanes suck but I've never been through a tornado, so I can't answer which I like least.  Let's just call it a tie between tornadoes and hurricanes.

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/14 at 11:25 am

I don't know Delilah but I know this old song and dance....

Ask him the question outright.  What is his reaction?  Is he sharing his fears with you or telling you he'll get around to it "someday"? 

You see, I don't hear one thing in your letter saying he's even hinted at marriage; only how good a mother you'd be for his daughter (how convenient for him)!  A man who wants to make things happen, makes them happen and if he can't make things happen, why would you want him anyway?

You cannot change anyone, you can only change yourself (or your reaction to a situation).  If you feel he's dragging his feet, stop dragging yours!  It's ultimatum time, Deary.  You need to decide how important marriage is to you and how long you're willing to live without it. 

Good luck!

You pretty much nailed it. She basically said (idiot) stop pressuring him. Decide what you want and if you're not getting what you want out if the relationship then move on because you cannot force his hand. 

And she said (you manipulative bitch)stop using the daughter as your mole it's unfair to get her to do your dirty work and will crush her even more if the wedding never happens (stop being so damn selfish)

Obviously the stuff in ( ) was  just my interpretation if what Delilah wasn't saying.  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/12/14 at 1:48 pm

GJWHF I saw 3 times in the theater and my dvd has been played A LOT!!!

I don't think it's quite age appropriate... and I know she's not 15 yet but I was thinking about ET and then I remembered how I saw both ET and Tootsie in the same week. Much as I loved ET I really fell in love with Tootsie...to this day it's one of my favorite good films.
tootsie is good!!!!! 

I also liked Mr. Mom!!! And big!!!  Not sure why those popped in my head

Written By: Howard on 01/12/14 at 4:28 pm

How do you spend your days off?

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/12/14 at 4:28 pm

You pretty much nailed it. She basically said (idiot) stop pressuring him. Decide what you want and if you're not getting what you want out if the relationship then move on because you cannot force his hand. 

And she said (you manipulative bitch)stop using the daughter as your mole it's unfair to get her to do your dirty work and will crush her even more if the wedding never happens (stop being so damn selfish)

Obviously the stuff in ( ) was  just my interpretation if what Delilah wasn't saying.  ;D

Ha, really.  I think I would've liked Delilah a tad more if she HAD actually said the stuff in the ()  8)

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/12/14 at 4:28 pm

How do you spend your days off?

HAHA!  That Sir, I will not answer  8)

Written By: snozberries on 02/02/14 at 11:30 am

I know this isn't why this thread is here but I'm genuinely curious so please indulge me

What's the most adventurous or non traditional food you've ever eaten.

What are some of your favorite cuisines?

What food have you tried that u were surprised you liked it?

What kind of food haven't u tried that you would like to try?

Written By: ladybug316 on 02/02/14 at 8:48 pm

Oh, alright; I'll indulge you  :D

I'm actually not an adventurous eater at all, although I do eat every vegetable you might think of.  In fact, I spent most of my childhood avoiding meat because I didn't care for it.  I still will not eat veal, lamb or the liver of anything! 

I have some rules for eating:

1.  If it doesn't pass the smell test, I'm not eating it.
2.  If it is drippy or runny in any way, I'm not eating it.
3.  Adding mayo to something is usually a deal breaker unless it's a sandwich and it's not gobbed on.  Salads made with mayo make me heave.
4.  The smell of curry is absolutely revolting to me.  I have zero desire to eat anything Indian.
5.  If made with apple, maple or cinnamon, I'll give it a try.

But to answer your questions:

I once ate venison (although I did not know it prior to eating it).  It was awful and I did not finish it.

I love Chinese and Mexican food.

I'm surprised I liked the Thai food I once ate. Don't ask exactly what it was.  I went out with friends who ordered for the table and I ate whatever passed the smell test  ;D

I have never tried an avocado (or guacamole).  Everyone raves about them but I just never had the urge to ingest them.  I bought some a few months ago to finally give them a go and they went bad in the fridge waiting for me...

Written By: snozberries on 02/02/14 at 11:53 pm

Oh, alright; I'll indulge you  :D

I'm actually not an adventurous eater at all, although I do eat every vegetable you might think of.  In fact, I spent most of my childhood avoiding meat because I didn't care for it.  I still will not eat veal, lamb or the liver of anything! 

I have some rules for eating:

1.  If it doesn't pass the smell test, I'm not eating it.
2.  If it is drippy or runny in any way, I'm not eating it.
3.  Adding mayo to something is usually a deal breaker unless it's a sandwich and it's not gobbed on.  Salads made with mayo make me heave.
4.  The smell of curry is absolutely revolting to me.  I have zero desire to eat anything Indian.
5.  If made with apple, maple or cinnamon, I'll give it a try.

But to answer your questions:

I once ate venison (although I did not know it prior to eating it).  It was awful and I did not finish it.

I love Chinese and Mexican food.

I'm surprised I liked the Thai food I once ate. Don't ask exactly what it was.  I went out with friends who ordered for the table and I ate whatever passed the smell test  ;D

I have never tried an avocado (or guacamole).  Everyone raves about them but I just never had the urge to ingest them.  I bought some a few months ago to finally give them a go and they went bad in the fridge waiting for me...

you amuse me!!! Thanks for answering!!! O0

Written By: ladybug316 on 02/03/14 at 6:57 am

I'm glad I'm here for your amusement  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/03/14 at 7:37 am

I'm glad I'm here for your amusement  ;D

no no no... I AM glad that YOU are here.... for my amusement!  ;)

Written By: warped on 02/03/14 at 4:05 pm

Me too.

Written By: Howard on 02/03/14 at 7:35 pm

Do you like hot peppers?

Written By: ladybug316 on 02/03/14 at 8:40 pm

Do you like hot peppers?

In moderation, yes.

Check for new replies or respond here...