inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking for a Music Video...

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/07/14 at 10:28 pm

Hey Y'all,

I hope you can help me. I'm looking for a music video featuring Jim Henson's Muppets. All I can really remember about it is Kermit was singing onstage and Miss Piggy is a wild fan. At one point she grabs his hands/arms and stretches them like elastic and Kermit's face is registering his fright and pain.

I wish I knew more, but that's all I remember. If anyone can help, please do!

Subject: Re: Looking for a Music Video...

Written By: snozberries on 01/08/14 at 5:36 am

Did u try going to YouTube and searching miss piggy and Kermit....sure you might have to sift thru a lot of videos but you'll be watching miss p and k so it sounds like a win if you're an avid fan

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/08/14 at 9:31 am

Did u try going to YouTube and searching miss piggy and Kermit....sure you might have to sift thru a lot of videos but you'll be watching miss p and k so it sounds like a win if you're an avid fan

I did try Youtube, I got alot of vids, watched alot of vids, but couldn't find it.  :\'(

EDIT: I found it! I put in "Muppets Bruce Springsteen" and it came up! YAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mNyZVbSv5g
Oh my childhood memories!

BUT WHYYYY DOES MISS PIGGY LOOK LIKE PAULA DEEN?

Written By: Howard on 01/08/14 at 3:06 pm

I did try Youtube, I got alot of vids, watched alot of vids, but couldn't find it.  :\'(

Kermit's facial expression is priceless.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/08/14 at 7:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mNyZVbSv5g

Glad you found it. We probably never could've found it since the Bruce Springsteen aspect of it wasn't included in the original post.  To me it sounded like virtually every mp/k skit ever made lol

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/08/14 at 7:50 pm

I remember it solely for the lookon Kermit's face. I watched Muppets Tonight every week I still don't know how they talked Prince into being on thier show.

(I watched the Muppet Show reruns when I was really little too! :D )

Written By: Howard on 01/09/14 at 7:11 am

I remember it solely for the lookon Kermit's face. I watched Muppets Tonight every week I still don't know how they talked Prince into being on thier show.

(I watched the Muppet Show reruns when I was really little too! :D )

They had Prince on the show? When was this? ???

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/14 at 7:18 am

They had Prince on the show? When was this? ???

1997 -  He was on the short lived Muppets Tonight that aired in the 96-98... he wasn't on the original show

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/10/14 at 7:10 pm

I actually have Prince on the show on DVD. That was priceless to me as a kid.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120128213048/muppet/images/thumb/c/c8/PrinceMuppetsTonight.jpg/500px-PrinceMuppetsTonight.jpg
HELL YES, that's a Prince muppet to the left. It was used for an all Muppet performance of the song Starfish and Coffee. (And Prince still managed to sexualize it!)

I miss the old Prince, this new, Neo-Funk/ Hippe Soul thing he's doing is ruining it for me.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/20/article-0-19E1D7E3000005DC-128_634x865.jpg
He plays a mean-ass guitar, but he's NOT Jimi Hendrix, he'll never be Jimi. There was only one Jimi and he's making music in the sky.

Check for new replies or respond here...