inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Taylor

Written By: Angelheart93 on 01/11/14 at 9:50 pm

Hi y'all! Ask me anything please! It could be MJ related, or about other music of today, the past, etc.

Subject: Re: Ask Taylor

Written By: nally on 01/11/14 at 10:02 pm

Hi... your name is Taylor? My name is Jeffrey and I have a couple o' questions for ya...

You seem to be a fan of Michael Jackson... so what song and/or album of his do you like the best?

Also, how many of his recordings do you have?

And who are some of your favorite artists besides him?

Written By: Ripley on 01/11/14 at 10:09 pm

Have you ever performed one of MJ's song at a talent show?

Written By: Angelheart93 on 01/11/14 at 10:11 pm

Hi Jeffrey! It's nice to meet you! Yes, my name is Taylor, and I have about 200 of his songs. If I had enough money, I would have more lol. It's kind of impossible to say what my favorite album by Mj is, but the ones that I am feelin right now are Dangerous and Invincible. Some songs that I am playing a lot right now are: almost everything from Invincible (lol), Lady in my life, Smooth Criminal, Much Too Soon, Black or white, In the Closet, Someone in the Dark, and We are the world, to name a few.

My favorite artist beside MJ are: Janelle Monae, Beyonce, Chris Daughtry, Bruno Mars, and Janet Jackson.

Hi... your name is Taylor? My name is Jeffrey and I have a couple o' questions for ya...

You seem to be a fan of Michael Jackson... so what song and/or album of his do you like the best?

Also, how many of his recordings do you have?

And who are some of your favorite artists besides him?

Written By: Angelheart93 on 01/11/14 at 10:15 pm

Oh no, I haven't, I'm waaay too shy to do something like that.

Have you ever performed one of MJ's song at a talent show?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/11/14 at 11:29 pm

Hey Taylor!

I love Invincible too!!!

--Do you think it's greatly underrated?
--Do you think the marketing could have been done differently? (It was released shortly after 9/11 and no one was really interested in buying albums then, given the circumstances. But MJ still shut down Times Square.)
--Of the performances you've seen what's your fave?
--How old are you and where are you from?
--If you could say one thing to Mike what would it be?
--Whats your favorite Bruno Mars song? (Gorilla is my Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!)
--Will you ask me more questions when you get a chance?

Written By: Angelheart93 on 01/11/14 at 11:42 pm

Hi! :)
I think Invincible is SOOO underrated. The songs are so heartfelt, and we get to listen to MJ singing in his lower voice, which is so beautiful and sensual. The only reason people labeled it as a 'flop' was not because of the content of the Album, but because stupid SONY stopped promoting it. :( That album is gold. I think one of my favorite performances was when he performed in Brunei in 1996.

If i had the chance to say something to Michael, I would tell him how much I admire and love him, and that if he needed a true friend, he could depend on me and talk to me when he's having a bad day (if I had the chance to be his friend). Then I would give him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek lol. My favorite Bruno Mars songs are Talking to the Moon and Liquor store blues ♡♡ his voice is so awesome and he's so adorable!  I think he and Janelle Monae will become legends in time. :D

Lastly, OF COURSE I'll ask you questions when I get a chance! Lol Thanks for asking me questions! It's awesome to meet another MJ fan!

Ps: I almost forgot to put my age. I'll be 21 on the 16th and I'm from that H-town!

Hey Taylor!

I love Invincible too!!!

--Do you think it's greatly underrated?
--Do you think the marketing could have been done differently? (It was released shortly after 9/11 and no one was really interested in buying albums then, given the circumstances. But MJ still shut down Times Square.)
--Of the performances you've seen what's your fave?
--How old are you and where are you from?
--If you could say one thing to Mike what would it be?
--Whats your favorite Bruno Mars song? (Gorilla is my Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!)
--Will you ask me more questions when you get a chance?

Written By: amjikloviet on 01/12/14 at 8:46 am

Hi Taylor! I'm Jessica, nice to meet you. :)

Since your a fan of Michael Jackson, I want to ask which music video of his is your favorite? And why is it your favorite?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/12/14 at 9:21 am

Hey Taylor!  :)

--I see you like the Royal Concert from Brunei. Did you ever see the second performance in Brunei? It wasn't royal, just a "normal" show, but it was sensational! I loved it.
--So the big 2-1 is coming up.  ;D What do you plan to do for birthday? A party, a night out?

Written By: BigMJJFan on 01/12/14 at 11:50 am

Oh My God...
ANOTHER MICHAEL JACKSON FAN!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Hey, I'm Meryn! It's soo good to see more fans :D
here are a few questions (all Michael related)

-Favourite MJ short film?
-Favourite MJ jacket?
-Favourite MJ era?
-How long have you been a fan of Michael?
-Can you remember the first MJ song you heard?

Thanks, and hope to see you pop up on my board :)

Written By: Angelheart93 on 01/12/14 at 12:26 pm

Hello Jessica! Nice to meet you! :)I think two of my fave "short films", as Michael liked to call them, are Stranger in Moscow and Smooth Criminal.

I LOVE Stranger in Moscow because it's just beautiful cinematography, and because of the message behind it, that you can turn something negative, for instance, like being lonely in the rain, and turn it positive, like actually appreciating the cleansing effect the rain has on you. I love Smooth Criminal because of the awesome choreography, the suspense, the tension, and the passion in it.

Hi Taylor! I'm Jessica, nice to meet you. :)

Since your a fan of Michael Jackson, I want to ask which music video of his is your favorite? And why is it your favorite?

Written By: Angelheart93 on 01/12/14 at 12:34 pm

Hi Tffeny! ^^ I don't think I have seen the second performance, do you happen to have a link? lol

And I don't celebrate birthdays, but I do plan to try a sip of alcohol (LOL) I'm not really a party girl, I just like to stay in.

Hey Taylor!  :)

--I see you like the Royal Concert from Brunei. Did you ever see the second performance in Brunei? It wasn't royal, just a "normal" show, but it was sensational! I loved it.
--So the big 2-1 is coming up.  ;D What do you plan to do for birthday? A party, a night out?

Written By: Angelheart93 on 01/12/14 at 12:40 pm

OMG, Hi Meryn!  ;D Glad to meet another fellow MJ fan!

I think my fave short films are: Stranger in Moscow, Smooth Criminal, and Ghosts (I had to add that last one in there).
Fave Jacket? The one he wore to the 1993 AMA ( I think), with the pearls on it.
Fave Era? ALL, I can't choose, lol
I have admired MJ (and Janet) since I was little, but I officially became obsessed with MJ in 2011.

I don't remember the first song I heard from him. Maybe it was either Billie Jean, Thriller, or Beat it.

Thanks for asking!

Oh My God...
ANOTHER MICHAEL JACKSON FAN!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Hey, I'm Meryn! It's soo good to see more fans :D
here are a few questions (all Michael related)

-Favourite MJ short film?
-Favourite MJ jacket?
-Favourite MJ era?
-How long have you been a fan of Michael?
-Can you remember the first MJ song you heard?

Thanks, and hope to see you pop up on my board :)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/12/14 at 12:44 pm

Hey Tay!

--Here's the link to the second performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MBpm3rSSio
I think that was the actual HIStory tour, as opposed to a sired performance by the Sultan/King/Emperor of Brunei. The overseas royalty loved him. I liked him best at Prince Azim (I think) birthday a few years later. He didn't sing, but was a guest to the festivities.
--I don't celebrate birthdays either, but enjoy the spirits. You're like me, a homebody. Haha.
--I like Stranger in Moscow, but I wish it had been colorized. Michael was on a big Black and White thing when he made videos in the History era. But I love the first few seconds when he's walking and looks up at the camera...like WOWzers!
--And don't get me started on Smooth Criminal. You know as a kid, I made a paper gun to draw on Mike like the other hoods did in the video?

I'm thinking up more questions--some non-MJ too--for you!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/12/14 at 4:30 pm

Hi Taylor, I'm Howard, I grew up on Michael Jackson too during the 1980's. :)

Written By: Angelheart93 on 01/12/14 at 8:25 pm

Hello Howard :) Nice to meet you! I grew up with MJ from the 90s, but more so in the 2000s because  I was only like, 8 when Invincible came out lol. I love a lot of music from the 60s to the 90s.

Hi Taylor, I'm Howard, I grew up on Michael Jackson too during the 1980's. :)

Written By: Ripley on 01/12/14 at 10:53 pm

What was the best concert you have been to?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/12/14 at 10:59 pm

Hey Tay, here's some questions for you.

--Don't Stop Til You Get Enough or Rock With You?
--Did you know Rock With You was gonna be called Eat You Up, until Quincy Jones screamed NOOOOO! LOL?
--Did you get a chance to peek at "Spilled Popcorn" and if so, did you like it?
--Do you like any cooking shows?
--Did you see that ghastly photo of Chris Brown looking like Guy Fieri?
--Will you ask me more questions, please?

Written By: Howard on 01/13/14 at 7:32 am

Hello Howard :) Nice to meet you! I grew up with MJ from the 90s, but more so in the 2000s because  I was only like, 8 when Invincible came out lol. I love a lot of music from the 60s to the 90s.

I grew up on videos like Beat It, Billie Jean, Thriller those videos.

Written By: Angelheart93 on 01/13/14 at 6:34 pm

Actually, I have never been to a concert before. Just wishful thinking. :(

What was the best concert you have been to?

Written By: Angelheart93 on 01/13/14 at 6:43 pm

Don't Stop Til You Get Enough or Rock With You?

Oh god, Rock With You Does things to me. It's so SENSUAL!!!! I can't even say what it does because that's not appropriate lol. But The breathing in Don't stop Til You Get Enough...lawd. I pick Rock With You because it has a classical feel to it, and feels nostalgic to me, even though I didn't live during that time. I LOVE it! And the song Off the Wall gives me the same feeling.
--Did you know Rock With You was gonna be called Eat You Up, until Quincy Jones screamed NOOOOO! LOL?

LOL  Yeah, I just found that out. Naughty Mike!

Oh no, I haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet. Send me a link please.

Sometimes I like flipping through the cooking channel, but it makes me frustrated lol.I don't watch a specific show, though.

I saw it...no comment LOL.

Sure I'll ask you some more questions! Let me think of a couple, then I'll hit you up on the Ask Tiffeny thread.

Hey Tay, here's some questions for you.

--Don't Stop Til You Get Enough or Rock With You?
--Will you ask me more questions, please?

Written By: Angelheart93 on 01/13/14 at 6:46 pm

I can't imagine living during that time, when everything was so fresh and exciting! Sometimes (well no, ALL the time) I wish I could live in the 80's.

I grew up on videos like Beat It, Billie Jean, Thriller those videos.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/13/14 at 10:20 pm

Hey Tay!

--What are you studying in school? (Major and minor?)
--What do you want to do once you graduate?
--Do you watch The Simpsons? Did you see the fat comic store owner get married?
--I have some performances by the Jacksons from thier Unity Tour, would you like links to them? I have ALOT saved.
--Speaking of the surviving Jacksons, after Mike, who's your favorite?
--Do you think it's strange I'm 27, and like Marlon who will be 57 in March?
--More questions please?  ;)

Some cuteness for your page:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/5b0c09219bf7b2ebbf78f056fcac0c1c/tumblr_mz519laePq1rwuycio4_400.gif
Marlon and Jermaine getting into it. Poor Marlon.

Written By: Howard on 01/14/14 at 7:21 am

what's your favorite era of MJ, the 60's, 70's 80's or early 1990's?

Written By: Angelheart93 on 01/14/14 at 6:24 pm

I think I would have to say the early 90's

what's your favorite era of MJ, the 60's, 70's 80's or early 1990's?

Written By: Angelheart93 on 01/14/14 at 6:35 pm

Hi Tiffeny! :)

I am currently studying Criminal Justice and Visual arts. Originally, I wanted to do something with Criminology, and maybe work for the FBI, but I want to give art a try first, and see where that takes me. It's like both sides are tugging at me. There is so much you can do with those majors, that I am undecided for now.

Not really sure what I want to do when I graduate, to be honest.

I used to watch the Simpsons, but I never have time to anymore :( I didn't know Comic book guy got married! YAY!

I think my fave Jackson other than Michael, would have to be Marlon, because he is so adorable and goofy and spunky! And I would love some Unity Tour spam! I don't think it's weird that you love Marlon, because MJ was 50 and he was STILL smokin hot!

I'll be sure to think of some more questions!

Hey Tay!

--What are you studying in school? (Major and minor?)
--What do you want to do once you graduate?
--Do you watch The Simpsons? Did you see the fat comic store owner get married?
--I have some performances by the Jacksons from thier Unity Tour, would you like links to them? I have ALOT saved.
--Speaking of the surviving Jacksons, after Mike, who's your favorite?
--Do you think it's strange I'm 27, and like Marlon who will be 57 in March?
--More questions please?  ;)

Some cuteness for your page:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/5b0c09219bf7b2ebbf78f056fcac0c1c/tumblr_mz519laePq1rwuycio4_400.gif
Marlon and Jermaine getting into it. Poor Marlon.

Written By: Howard on 01/15/14 at 7:25 am

Do you own The Beat It jacket?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/15/14 at 12:59 pm

Hey Taylor!

Here's some "spam" for you.

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~ddgarcia/gifs/spam.gif

And here's some JACKSON spam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3sTC8K8TIg&list=PL4HgSJuL68jB9WN3ptCzCgV7Xu9w_uWXt&index=5
A cute little interview. The Marlonites go loony over it cause of how Marlon sits. So "fem" as we call it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy78rsjZGlo&list=PL4HgSJuL68jB9WN3ptCzCgV7Xu9w_uWXt&index=27
Thank God for youtube, because I NEVER watch The View, and kicked myself for missing this.

And a little music to round out the day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4hqeGmrdOA&list=PL4HgSJuL68jB9WN3ptCzCgV7Xu9w_uWXt&index=36
Can You Feel It from the Mawazine Festival.

(There's MORE videos on Meryn's thread if you'd like to pose questions to her too. )

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/15/14 at 4:16 pm

Hey Taylor!

Here's some "spam" for you.

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~ddgarcia/gifs/spam.gif

And here's some JACKSON spam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3sTC8K8TIg&list=PL4HgSJuL68jB9WN3ptCzCgV7Xu9w_uWXt&index=5
A cute little interview. The Marlonites go loony over it cause of how Marlon sits. So "fem" as we call it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy78rsjZGlo&list=PL4HgSJuL68jB9WN3ptCzCgV7Xu9w_uWXt&index=27
Thank God for youtube, because I NEVER watch The View, and kicked myself for missing this.

And a little music to round out the day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4hqeGmrdOA&list=PL4HgSJuL68jB9WN3ptCzCgV7Xu9w_uWXt&index=36
Can You Feel It from the Mawazine Festival.

(There's MORE videos on Meryn's thread if you'd like to pose questions to her too. )

Where is the Python Spam?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/15/14 at 9:13 pm

One question for you:

I posted a Billie Jean compilation video to my thread. Will you look at it, and post your thoughts on it here, please?  :)

Written By: Howard on 01/16/14 at 7:51 am

Is Billie Jean your lover?  :D

Written By: Angelheart93 on 01/17/14 at 9:00 pm

Noooppe, but Michael is LOL

Is Billie Jean your lover?  :D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/20/14 at 8:40 pm

Hey Tay!

--Do you know any magic tricks?
--What are your feelings on Wade Robson?
--In your Tumblr, what kind of red lipstick is that you’re wearing? I’m forever in search of the perfect red matte lipstick!
--If I left you in a room with Jermaine Jackson for 60 minutes, what would you talk to him about? (If you talked to him at all)
--Are you on Twitter?
--What’s your favorite comedy?
--Who’s your favorite comedian?
--When did the name change from being "Michaelers" to "Moonwalkers"?
--Will you send more questions my way.

Some MJ Candy for you:
https://31.media.tumblr.com/cb8136c4ce71babf7b9645aed63e0ce9/tumblr_mx5cs9TBVN1sqxza6o5_250.gif
I Guarantee Only MJ Fans will understand why this is hilarious.  ;D

Written By: Angelheart93 on 01/21/14 at 12:02 pm

Hi Tiffeny :) here are my answers:

1. I don't know how to do magic tricks, but I love watching them. Illusions are fascinating.
2. What are my feelings on Wade Robson? I have only a few choice words that describe him: money hungry back stabbing snake.
3. In my Tumblr avi, I'm wearing Ruby Woo lipstick by MAC. it's a matte lipstick, but BE WARNED; MAC lipsticks are known to be very drying. I would recommend putting just a little lip moisture before applying it.

4. If you left me in a room with Jermaine I would ask him everything about life on the road, music questions, and mostly questions about what Michael was like as a person lol.
5. Yes, my Twitter is @AngryBirdRED93 :)
6. I don't have a particular favorite comedy per say, but fave comedians are Jim Carey, Steve Carell, Wil Ferrell, Eddie Murphy, Ray, Steve Harvey, Steve Martin, and Robin Williams.
7. I'm not really sure when the name for mjfam changed to moonwalkers. I just thought we all had various names for MJ fans. Gotta think of more questions to ask you ;)

Hey Tay!

--Do you know any magic tricks?
--What are your feelings on Wade Robson?
--In your Tumblr, what kind of red lipstick is that you’re wearing? I’m forever in search of the perfect red matte lipstick!
--If I left you in a room with Jermaine Jackson for 60 minutes, what would you talk to him about? (If you talked to him at all)
--Are you on Twitter?
--What’s your favorite comedy?
--Who’s your favorite comedian?
--When did the name change from being "Michaelers" to "Moonwalkers"?
--Will you send more questions my way.

Some MJ Candy for you:
https://31.media.tumblr.com/cb8136c4ce71babf7b9645aed63e0ce9/tumblr_mx5cs9TBVN1sqxza6o5_250.gif
I Guarantee Only MJ Fans will understand why this is hilarious.  ;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/21/14 at 1:08 pm

Hi Tiffeny :) here are my answers:

1. I don't know how to do magic tricks, but I love watching them. Illusions are fascinating.
2. What are my feelings on Wade Robson? I have only a few choice words that describe him: money hungry back stabbing snake.
3. In my Tumblr avi, I'm wearing Ruby Woo lipstick by MAC. it's a matte lipstick, but BE WARNED; MAC lipsticks are known to be very drying. I would recommend putting just a little lip moisture before applying it.

4. If you left me in a room with Jermaine I would ask him everything about life on the road, music questions, and mostly questions about what Michael was like as a person lol.
5. Yes, my Twitter is @AngryBirdRED93 :)
6. I don't have a particular favorite comedy per say, but fave comedians are Jim Carey, Steve Carell, Wil Ferrell, Eddie Murphy, Ray, Steve Harvey, Steve Martin, and Robin Williams.
7. I'm not really sure when the name for mjfam changed to moonwalkers. I just thought we all had various names for MJ fans. Gotta think of more questions to ask you ;)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/21/14 at 1:17 pm

I would say what I thought about Wade, but that kind of language isn't befitting a lady. Scarlett O'Hara said it best "If I wasn't a lady, just what wouldn't I tell that scoundrel!"
I'd like to try that lipstick, but my lips are naturally dry, so I may have to take a pass on that. Most of the lipcolor you see in my pictures are liquid in an effort to keep my lips soft. The red I use now is a sparkly red from Black Radiance.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31nSzXwVn5L.jpg
It looks like the red on Ola Ray's lips in Thriller. But once I apply it, I can't eat or drink for fear of messing it up.  ;D
I still call myself a Michaeler. LOL.

Can't wait to see your questions and thanks for answering mine!

Written By: Howard on 01/21/14 at 3:26 pm

Who was better with Michael in his videos, Ola Ray Or Tatiana Thumbtzen?

Check for new replies or respond here...