inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does Lunesta Work?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/15/14 at 5:06 pm

My doctor diagnosed me as having insomnia, because it's been years since I slept through the night. (Do you know how many nights I'm up at 4 am watching Buzzfeed and Lady Gaga videos?) So he prescribed me Lunesta, a sedative. Now before I go and throw my money at the pharmacy, I want to know, has anyone tried this? Does it really put you down for 6 to 8 hours, like I need? And will I feel refreshed instead of lethargic in the morning? I like coffee, but I don't want to mainline it all day.

I don't want to spend my money on something that will only let me sleep 4 hours and I'm up again before midnight. That was a WASTE, and I was still tired the next day. I could have spent that cash on food, bills or Forever 21.

Thank you!

Subject: Re: Does Lunesta Work?

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/14 at 5:12 am

Before spending the money have you tried reducing your caffeine intake? And cutting it out all together by a certain time of day?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/16/14 at 10:24 am

Before spending the money have you tried reducing your caffeine intake? And cutting it out all together by a certain time of day?

Yeah I tried that, and turned into this:

http://thepmshow.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/lou-ferrigno-1.jpg

"You wouldn't like me under-caffienated"  But to be honest, I drink no more than TWO cups of coffee in a day, and maybe one caffienated soda, because of my fluid restrictions from dialysis.

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/14 at 10:26 am

Yeah I tried that, and turned into this:

http://thepmshow.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/lou-ferrigno-1.jpg

"You wouldn't like me under-caffienated"  But to be honest, I drink no more than TWO cups of coffee in a day, and maybe one caffienated soda, because of my fluid restrictions from dialysis.

How late do u have the last one?
Does insurance cover the lunestra? If so it's prob just a $5 co pay or something so you'd be out a trip to jack in the box

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/14 at 10:28 am

Re hulking out...it takes a couple days for the body to go they caffeine withdrawals and balance itself out

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/16/14 at 10:32 am

How late do u have the last one?
Does insurance cover the lunestra? If so it's prob just a $5 co pay or something so you'd be out a trip to jack in the box

I think the insurance may cover it. And I have my second coffee no later than 3 pm. I like to watch the prime time movies on TCM and want to be a little alert to enjoy them. (Tonight is Mildred Pierce, and I have to see Joan Crawford in my favorite movie of hers!)

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/14 at 10:37 am

50/50 caf/decaf?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/16/14 at 11:15 am

50/50 caf/decaf?

I could try....but decaf coffee seems like an oxymoron, like a tall midget. LOL.  ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/16/14 at 11:56 am

I am a 25-year veteran of the trucking industry, so I know a thing or two about stimulants. And I can tell you that in all that time, the three greatest innovations that have helped make to my job easier are mobile satellite communications, smartphones, and 5-Hour Energy.  ;)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/18/14 at 4:31 pm

I am a 25-year veteran of the trucking industry, so I know a thing or two about stimulants. And I can tell you that in all that time, the three greatest innovations that have helped make to my job easier are mobile satellite communications, smartphones, and 5-Hour Energy.  ;)

5 hour energy really works? I would consider using it because I like to be focused during the day.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/14 at 5:12 pm

5 hour energy really works? I would consider using it because I like to be focused during the day.

You'll find yourself slumping after a couple of hours later.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/18/14 at 5:47 pm

You'll find yourself slumping after a couple of hours later.

Darn.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/18/14 at 6:27 pm

All it is is a mega dose of caffeine. 

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/18/14 at 7:52 pm

Oh, well hell yeah, I'll like it, as long as I don't get the shakes. That's why I quit drinking espresso. I got the shakes AND it triggered a migraine.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/18/14 at 8:17 pm

Actually, no. 5-Hour Energy has as much caffeine as 1 cup of coffee.

What it really is, is a massive dose of B-vitamins.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/herald-review.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/b/ba/bbaca55a-9b0f-11e1-aeaa-001a4bcf887a/4fac77602993b.preview-620.gif

It's weird, it works for some people but not others. And a lot of it depends on how tired you actually are. If you didn't sleep well the night before and are on the verge of nodding off then it probably won't work. On the other hand, if you're having a long day and your tail is kind of dragging and you need a little energy boost then it's awesome.

Also, I know you've posted here about having health issues with your kidneys, so you might want to check with your doctor first to see if it's safe for you.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/18/14 at 8:27 pm

Actually, no. 5-Hour Energy has as much caffeine as 1 cup of coffee.

What it really is, is a massive dose of B-vitamins.

I stand corrected.  Thanks. :)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/18/14 at 8:51 pm

I just read the ingredients, I see the Potassium sorbate. I can't have that, it will literally stop my heart and kill me. That's why I can't eat bananas, dried fruits, nuts, and potatoes among other things. (I indulge in fries in small quantities, but not alot. I'll have to take a pass on the 5 hour energy. No thanks.

Because the remedy for removing potassium from your system is so bad, you almost WISH you'd just had the heart attack, and I know this from expierience.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 01/19/14 at 4:37 pm

Darn.

once your high wears off, you'll feel lethargic again.

Check for new replies or respond here...