inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Genetics Question...

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/12/14 at 12:43 pm

Hey Y'all.

I need a little bit of help. I've just started work on a story for one of my clubs and as I think of it, I keep getting confused.

In my story two brothers, will eventually marry and have children with two women, and the women themselves are first cousins. (The girl's mothers were sisters)

What exactly will thier children be to each other. Are they like double first cousins, or first and second cousins or what? I just thought of this over my morning coffee. Someone point me to the right term, please. Thank you!

Subject: Re: Genetics Question...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/12/14 at 1:05 pm

They would be first cousins on their fathers' side & second cousins on their mothers' side.

Cat

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/12/14 at 2:46 pm

They would be first cousins on their fathers' side & second cousins on their mothers' side.

Cat

Thank you Cat, that clears it up!

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 02/12/14 at 5:48 pm

My dad's side of the family is actually like this. My grandpa's cousin married my grandma's brother (although I'm not actually sure which couple got married first)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/12/14 at 11:23 pm

My dad's side of the family is actually like this. My grandpa's cousin married my grandma's brother (although I'm not actually sure which couple got married first)

Oh wow. That's cool.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/13/14 at 10:02 am

My step-father was his own 9th cousin. Somewhere way back, two sisters married two brothers.

There is this classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYlJH81dSiw

Cat

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/13/14 at 3:33 pm

This is incredible. I never thought asking my question would open up a discussion like this, but it's interesting. I don't think anything like that has been done in my family. I just always know mom was like "Don't marry your cousins! Don't do it!" (I had alot of boy cousins)

I had heard of intermarrying and things like that--I'm fascinated by the British Royal Family--but it is interesting to know that some people I see here everyday are around it and products of it.  :)

That I'm my own grampa song slaughtered me. I love it.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...