inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Me About My Avatar

Written By: Redhairkid on 03/10/15 at 12:05 pm

My avatar, for those unfamiliar, is Swedish rock musician Tomas Ledin whom I have loved and admired for 35 years. I can't claim to know EVERYTHING about him, only he and his family know that but I know quite a bit about him.

Subject: Re: Ask Me About My Avatar

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/15 at 7:23 am

I cannot see for detail your avatar, if I enlarge the screen it all goes pixilated.

Who is it?

Written By: Redhairkid on 03/30/15 at 7:09 am

As mentioned above, he is Swedish rock musician Tomas Ledin, Philip. I adore him!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/15 at 7:29 am

As mentioned above, he is Swedish rock musician Tomas Ledin, Philip. I adore him!
Oops, sorry I have not heard of him.

Written By: Redhairkid on 03/30/15 at 8:59 am

I only heard of him in 1980, Philip and fell for him purely on his looks since his records are unavailable outside the Nordic countries. Through the Internet I became familiar with more of his music and became even more of a fan. I even know his mother's maiden name and the names of his grandfathers.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/15 at 9:44 am

My avatar, for those unfamiliar, is Swedish rock musician Tomas Ledin whom I have loved and admired for 35 years. I can't claim to know EVERYTHING about him, only he and his family know that but I know quite a bit about him.
Do you admire other Swedish musicians and bands?

Written By: Redhairkid on 03/30/15 at 9:56 am

Yes, I love Abba, Tommy Nilsson, Sarah Dawn Finer, David Lindgren and Niklas Stromstedt.

David portrayed the younger incarnation of Tomas during the 'Showtime' tour.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/15 at 2:12 pm

Have you seen any Swedish band or performers live?

Written By: Redhairkid on 03/30/15 at 2:34 pm

No unfortunately.

Written By: annimal on 04/19/15 at 2:26 pm

can anyone ask you about anything other then your avatar?

Written By: Redhairkid on 04/20/15 at 6:50 am

Of course.

Written By: Howard on 04/20/15 at 1:54 pm

What other music do you enjoy?

Written By: Redhairkid on 04/21/15 at 6:22 am

The Hollies, Abba, Dave Brubeck, David Bowie, John Farnham, Steve Winwood, Bruce Springsteen, Janis Joplin, Genya Ravan, Lionel Richie and Phil Collins.

I have eclectic taste. I have both Andy Williams and Robbie Williams on my playlist. I can appreciate the likes of Frank Sinatra and Jim Reeves yet at the same time like Jimi Hendrix and Frankie Miller.

For me, Howard, the operative word is 'music' which is why I don't like modern stuff as it is just noise.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/21/15 at 6:25 am

The Hollies, Abba, Dave Brubeck, David Bowie, John Farnham, Steve Winwood, Bruce Springsteen, Janis Joplin, Genya Ravan, Lionel Richie and Phil Collins.

I have eclectic taste. I have both Andy Williams and Robbie Williams on my playlist. I can appreciate the likes of Frank Sinatra and Jim Reeves yet at the same time like Jimi Hendrix and Frankie Miller.

For me, Howard, the operative word is 'music' which is why I don't like modern stuff as it is just noise.
With me it is as long as the music is pleasant to the ear.

Do you like Michael Bible?

Written By: Howard on 04/21/15 at 1:47 pm

I agree, today's music is just noise.

Written By: Redhairkid on 04/22/15 at 6:51 am

I don't listen to Michael Bublé on a regular basis, Philip, but he has a good voice so he's okay. At least you can understand every word he sings.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/15 at 6:57 am

I don't listen to Michael Bublé on a regular basis, Philip, but he has a good voice so he's okay. At least you can understand every word he sings.
The same here with me.

Check for new replies or respond here...