inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Need Help...

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/17/15 at 8:40 pm

About a week ago, I hurt my nose very badly. I was swatting at a fly and hit my nose HARD. So hard, I had a nose bleed. Fast forward to now, I still have a scab inside my nose. Thankfully you can't see it unless you bend my nostril up to see it, but it is very painful to me. I've been trying for near on a week to get it out, but each time I do, it hurts like the devil and bleeds more.

What can I do to get rid of this? Please help.

Subject: Re: I Need Help...

Written By: gibbo on 05/17/15 at 8:44 pm

Leave it alone and let the healing process take care of itself. Ummm ... don't be picky!  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 05/17/15 at 10:38 pm

Go see an ENT??? Emphasis on the N of course!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/15 at 7:07 am

See your doctor, right now!

Written By: snozberries on 05/18/15 at 11:08 am

Go see an ENT??? Emphasis on the N of course!

See your doctor, right now!

That's what I said ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/18/15 at 1:48 pm

See if you have Bacitracin in your house.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/25/15 at 1:57 pm

I have one more question in regards to packing liquid items--Body Wash, perfume, mouthwash and astringent I use on my face after I take my makeup off. Do I put these in separate plastic sandwich baggies to avoid spills or what? Because I think I can fit most of those in my second makeup bag, but I don't want a mess or anything.

Thanks!

Written By: snozberries on 05/25/15 at 2:02 pm

I have one more question in regards to packing liquid items--Body Wash, perfume, mouthwash and astringent I use on my face after I take my makeup off. Do I put these in separate plastic sandwich baggies to avoid spills or what? Because I think I can fit most of those in my second makeup bag, but I don't want a mess or anything.

Thanks!

I would pack them in a bag just to be on the safe side.

Written By: Howard on 05/25/15 at 2:25 pm

Thanks!

I would definitely put them in separate bags to avoid leakage.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/25/15 at 3:12 pm

Thanks!

Most definitely. I learned this the hard way. It was the first day of basic training and I discovered that my shampoo leaked all over my pjs. There was nothing I could about it so that first day I had to sleep in pjs that had shampoo all over them.  8-P 8-P 8-P  From that point on, whenever I traveled, if something COULD leak, spill or whatever, it goes in a Ziplock. I also make sure that lids are on TIGHT but there have a few times I was VERY happy to have them in a Ziplock.

Also, if you are flying, you can't carry liquids on planes. You have to check them.

Cat

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/25/15 at 6:59 pm

Okay! Thanks everyone! I'll baggie my stuff up in a few days. And I forgot to update about my nose. It's fine now. That scab finally came out. It took over two weeks, but I didn't force it. I just waited.

And this packing thing is new to me. I'm not used to traveling at all.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/26/15 at 11:51 am

Okay! Thanks everyone! I'll baggie my stuff up in a few days. And I forgot to update about my nose. It's fine now. That scab finally came out. It took over two weeks, but I didn't force it. I just waited.

And this packing thing is new to me. I'm not used to traveling at all.
We buy shampoo when we arrive, some flights provide a toothbrush and toothpaste, when we went to Japan, that toothpaste lasted all week.

Check for new replies or respond here...