inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: *NEW* Ask Tiffeny (Apollonia1986) Anything!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/31/15 at 9:48 pm

I noticed my old thread has over 50 pages, so I wanted to start new and fresh. Also, I have a new laptop with a webcam so I want to see if I can answer the questions via video rather than just typing on the keyboard.

So please, feel free to ask me some questions and I'll answer them to the best of my abilities. NO FEAR.
  ;D

Subject: Re: *NEW* Ask Tiffeny (Apollonia1986) Anything!

Written By: Howard on 08/01/15 at 7:26 am

How have you been lately?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/15 at 10:13 am

How do you mean by answer by video?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/15 at 2:54 pm

What was the first movie your saw at the cinema?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/02/15 at 5:57 pm

What state do you live in?

What are your favorite subjects?

Do you play video games?

What colors do you adore?

Written By: snozberries on 10/09/15 at 2:56 pm

Don't know if you're familiar with tee fury...

They sell pop culture tee shirts for 24hrs midnight to modmight est

The shirts are
Like 11$ plus shipping. 

Today's shirt is an MJ thriller shirt. Thought you would like to know.

http://www.teefury.com/?rmsrc=1&rmatt=tsid:1013722%7Ccid:238774768%7Cagid:13012814968%7Ctid:kwd-11783409465%7Ccrid:92424526888%7Cnw:g%7Crnd:17957553637322355339%7Cdvc:m%7Cadp:1t1&gclid=Cj0KEQjwy92wBRCl7trx4PaIo8EBEiQASPhtC5D4MDSbH0kcrUuKeGeoEt-MvSDORpx4qF8vuVFpo-EaAnmu8P8HAQ

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/09/15 at 3:21 pm

Gosh! I didn't know I had received questions here!  :o

@Howard: I've been okay lately. A little tired but that's normal. As long as I have my coffee I'm good to go.
@Philip: I planned to video tape my answers and upload it to Youtube. But youtube has been a butt to me the last few times I tried to upload, aside from a synopssis of the first episode of the Jacksons show I shot for my friend who lives in France.
The first movie I can remember seeing at the cinema was 101 Dalmations, the animated version when I was about five. The children's choir at church went. I hated sharing a tub of popcorn with 15 other kids and my mom bought me my own.
@mxcrshxm: I live in Texas, born and raised although all the time people ask where I'm from because of how I sound speaking. I'm 29, but my favorite subject in school was English class. As of now, I like reading about history, particularly anything to do with WW2. I play some video games. I mostly like racing games. And I like colors that look good on me--strong, saturated jewel tones, reds, greens, blues, violets...
@Snoz: I've never heard of teefury but that does look interesting. I'll see if I can get that shirt before it goes. I just have so many black MJ shirts, I wish I could find one in color, like a red or blue or something. LOL. I can only do so many black eyeshadow looks >  ;D

Thanks for all the questions!!!

Written By: snozberries on 10/09/15 at 4:25 pm

That particular shirt comes in black. Brown. And navy blue.

If you wait for it to go to redbubble.... I don't know how long it takes...redbubble offers previous tee fury designs in virtually any color you want but it cost about $26 not $11

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/09/15 at 11:34 pm

That particular shirt comes in black. Brown. And navy blue.

If you wait for it to go to redbubble.... I don't know how long it takes...redbubble offers previous tee fury designs in virtually any color you want but it cost about $26 not $11

Oh that's cool. I want to treat myself. I've had some rough months following that doomed trip to Florida. And I'm just now getting straight on my bills.  :o

Written By: Howard on 10/10/15 at 8:09 am

Do you think 3T will live up to the expectations of being the new generation of Jacksons?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/10/15 at 11:32 am

Do you think 3T will live up to the expectations of being the new generation of Jacksons?

They did in Europe.  ;)

Written By: Ripley on 01/23/16 at 4:34 pm

I'm giving you a list of 5 items. You may choose one of them to receive as a free gift. However, you can not return them for a refund of cash. Why did you choose this item?

A. Homemade chocolate pie with whipped cream once a week for 3 months
B. Brand new Super Nintendo with your choice of 3 un-used games
C. Unlimited movie theater passes for one month
D. $100 gift card to your favorite restaurant
E. One day shopping spree to your local mall. You may fill up one regular sized shopping bag per store.

Written By: ArcticFox on 05/08/16 at 6:04 pm

How does it feel to be 30?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/12/16 at 10:35 am

How does it feel to be 30?

LOL. No different really. I haven't really felt a "change" since I was about 13. Glad I made it this far. For some reason I never thought I'd make it to thirty. The fact I don't LOOK thirty pleases me.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/26/16 at 3:36 pm

Which era do you prefer, Jackson Five from 1970-1975 or The Jacksons when they changed to Epic records from 1976-1981 without Jermaine?
http://images4.mtv.com/uri/mgid:file:docroot:vh1.com:/sitewide/flipbooks/img/shows/rock_honors_2007/rock_siblings/20rs_jackson5.jpg?width=280&height=210&enlarge=true&matte=true&matteColor=black&quality=0.85

http://metamansion.com/wp-content/uploads/images/Jacksons_10641.jpg

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/01/16 at 2:12 pm

Which era do you prefer, Jackson Five from 1970-1975 or The Jacksons when they changed to Epic records from 1976-1981 without Jermaine?
http://images4.mtv.com/uri/mgid:file:docroot:vh1.com:/sitewide/flipbooks/img/shows/rock_honors_2007/rock_siblings/20rs_jackson5.jpg?width=280&height=210&enlarge=true&matte=true&matteColor=black&quality=0.85

http://metamansion.com/wp-content/uploads/images/Jacksons_10641.jpg

I just noticed this! I prefer them as the Jacksons 76-81. Not just because the Jacksons  got to have more creative control and do what they want and write and produce, but I think Jermaine kind of got what he always wanted. I think he always had a little glimmer of the green eyed monster since MJ had replaced him as the lead man in the group. And since he stayed behind at Motown he could focus on his solo career. And at the same time Michael was grooming himself for success.
I like the music from that time better and you can see the Jacksons enjoyed it because it was their own material. I noticed you stopped at 1981, they went on with Michael until 1984, with the Victory album (one of my faves) There was 2300 Jackson street in 1989 I believe and Michael was only on one track. It's nice to see even now so many years later the Jacksons still perform the songs.

(It was kind of hard pulling all that MJ trivia out my head, I've been so focused on 3T lately. LMAO)

Written By: aja675 on 08/19/16 at 8:06 am

What was your first musical memory?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/19/16 at 4:13 pm

What was your first musical memory?

Honestly, when I was 3 years before I even knew who he was, Michael Jackson scared me. It wasn't him, it was a part of one of his videos. My cousins visited and turned my TV to MTV from Nickelodeon (I was a Nick kid) and MJ's "Leave Me Alone" video came on. And I very vividly remember being afraid of the dogs in suits and bolting out of the house. LOL I'm scared of dogs anyway, so.  I saw Michael ALOT over the years before I got the memo to be a fan. LOL. Thriller also scared me at 6 and I ran down the street.  ;D I didn't' become a fan until I was 9 though.

Maybe I was kind of destined to be an MJ fan.  ::)

Written By: aja675 on 08/20/16 at 1:32 am

How about your first memory in general?

Written By: Howard on 08/20/16 at 7:22 am

Did you see Michael Jackson's: Man In The Mirror film?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/20/16 at 7:29 pm

How about your first memory in general?

It's kind of vague but I remember being my in bedroom at our second house (I moved four times between birth and now) sitting on the floor in front of the TV and playing with some of those plastic stacking rings.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/99/45/17/9945170b1f9ab0f2418f182fa83efc4e.jpg
It was something close to this. I remember sitting and playing with it. I couldn't have been older than 2 at the time, because I had an old bedroom set and I didn't get a new one until I was 5. I actually remember that cause my mom's and mine matched Her bedroom set was pink and gold--its still in my current house, and mine was white and gold. But yeah I remember the stacking rings.

Did you see Michael Jackson's: Man In The Mirror film?

And if you mean that horrific film where Flex Alexander played Michael Jackson, yeah, I saw that travesty and still wish I could get that 2 hours of my life back. Like how does EVERYONE ELSE in the film look like who they're supposed to be and then you have the saddest, most slapped together MJ I've ever seen. They didn't even contour his makeup to even try to mimic MJ's features. (Kim K stole contouring from him) It was a mess. An absolute mess.

Written By: Howard on 08/21/16 at 3:14 pm

http://i1.wp.com/icecreamconvos.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Flex-Alexander-Michael-Jackson.jpg

I agree, this was a bad portrayal of Michael Jackson even the voice was terrible, it sounded more ghetto.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/21/16 at 3:43 pm

http://i1.wp.com/icecreamconvos.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Flex-Alexander-Michael-Jackson.jpg

I agree, this was a bad portrayal of Michael Jackson even the voice was terrible, it sounded more ghetto.

Howard please. I just ate. Jesus Christ.
http://mjphotoscollectors.com/web/uploads/1285942468/gallery_3422_2224_571371.png
(Michael in the Living with MJ interview)
That picture is so far off base, it's in the stands. I mean you can tell they tried, in the loosest sense of the word to mimic Michael Jackson. I mean hell, if you'd cut me loose with a contour palette and brushes I could do better. I'm friends with like 5 different impersonators. I know. White makeup and red lipstick doesn't make Michael Jackson. It makes Ronald McDonald and that's what Flex looked like--a clown.

Written By: Howard on 08/22/16 at 3:01 pm

Out of all the Michael Jackson impersonators, who in your mind portrayed it best?

Written By: 80sfan on 08/22/16 at 3:04 pm

Whoa!!!  :o

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/22/16 at 7:46 pm

Out of all the Michael Jackson impersonators, who in your mind portrayed it best?

Looks-wise, E'Casanova. I don't know if he still performs, but he's uncanny. He even body doubled for MJ in one f his music videos:
http://fashiony.ru/pic/celebrity/pic/52499/42.jpg
I actually got his autograph like 10 years ago, he's really nice.

Vocally, this guy named Jeffrey Perez is outrageous. I haven't met him, but my friends Ashley and Christina are REALLY tight with him. He's so good, he's even been on the Ellen Degeneres show.
OjYwicqk0sg
This is the video that went viral of him. He even scared his friend he was so good.  ;D

Whoa!!!  :o

I know, ugly as homemade soup.

I've been kind of hanging away from MJ because his birthday is in a week and I know I'll be heavily into that scene. Lately I've just be incredibly focused on 3T. LOL. But yeah, I never stray too far from MJ.

Written By: Howard on 08/23/16 at 3:04 pm

Looks-wise, E'Casanova. I don't know if he still performs, but he's uncanny. He even body doubled for MJ in one f his music videos:
http://fashiony.ru/pic/celebrity/pic/52499/42.jpg
I actually got his autograph like 10 years ago, he's really nice.

Vocally, this guy named Jeffrey Perez is outrageous. I haven't met him, but my friends Ashley and Christina are REALLY tight with him. He's so good, he's even been on the Ellen Degeneres show.
OjYwicqk0sg
This is the video that went viral of him. He even scared his friend he was so good.  ;D
I know, ugly as homemade soup.

I've been kind of hanging away from MJ because his birthday is in a week and I know I'll be heavily into that scene. Lately I've just be incredibly focused on 3T. LOL. But yeah, I never stray too far from MJ.

Did he get his subtleties right? ???

Written By: Howard on 08/23/16 at 3:10 pm

https://www.google.com/search?q=michael+jackson+impersonators&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_qtC5q9jOAhWOZiYKHSp-DegQ_AUICigD&biw=1152&bih=706#imgrc=_

Would you happen to recognize these impersonators? I did a google search.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/23/16 at 4:36 pm

Did he get his subtleties right? ???

I think he's got it down pretty good. Sounds better than some I've heard.

https://www.google.com/search?q=michael+jackson+impersonators&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_qtC5q9jOAhWOZiYKHSp-DegQ_AUICigD&biw=1152&bih=706#imgrc=_

Would you happen to recognize these impersonators? I did a google search.

I see a couple I know.
http://www.bubbygram.com/performers/michaeljacksoncrco2.jpg
That's Carlo, I'm friends with him on Facebook.
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25300000/Sergio-Cort-s-mj-impersonators-25302748-397-600.jpg
Sergio, another FB friend.
(I notice a LOT of MJ impersonators are hispanic/latin for some reason)
I did see another one I knew but he kind of scared me because I know I can be pretty aggressive about MJ when I want to and he had ME beat. So if I think someone is being excessive about MJ, they have to really be major about him. ;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/23/16 at 9:12 pm

I know this doesn't have jack to do with my questions thread, but I just had to put this somewhere. The most incredible thing has happened right before my eyes and I can't believe I got to witness it in real time. A while back I mentioned having issues with this woman named Beverly who was completely obsessed with Taryll Jackson. (I know I come on strong about him but I know my limits) Well she writes what she calls "poems" about Taryll which is really about one thousand word run-on sentence professing her undying love for him. Let's keep in mind she is 41 years old. I write my stories, which are all in fun all in jest. I know I haven't a snowball in hell's chance of getting Taryll away from the mother of his kids. I know that, I realize that, I respect that. Beverly overstepped and outright ignored that. Always has.
Everything just blew the fudge up on twitter and I can't stop crying it is so good. Bev did one of her poems and claimed it was only for Taryll, but why post it to TWITTER publicly, when you could have just slid it in his mentions? Another woman named Linda, whom I've never seen before saw what she wrote and went APE on her and tweeted the whole thing not only to Taryll but to his partner, and everyone knows his partner Breana is...let's say very strong-willed, and doesn't take any guff off of anyone. I'm sitting here with popcorn waiting on the next move.
And what's so hilarious is Beverly actually had the nerve to tweet Tito and Taj Jackson (never Taryll I noticed) and claimed SHE was the one being harassed.
There is no way out of this unless she completely deletes ALL of her social media. Twitter, Facebook--she has a group full of these "poems"-- it's mountains and mountains of evidence of an unbalanced mind.
And before someone jumps in about my writing eroticas, I do believe 3T is aware of what I do, and don't really mind.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/60/f8/72/60f872b3077ad2f6c5bf0aca53568ebd.jpg
And since TJ's birthday--when he tweeted me--I have since gotten at least 10 tweets between him, the 3T twitter and even one from The Jacksons. Because my writing is in fun. I realize these men have their own families and I'm not trying to "be" with them.
Beverly crossed that and its frightening.  :o Because she literally does NOT realize what she's doing. She really is a laughingstock.
I've never seen lunacy like this.
I don't know where this will go, but I'm going to stay in my lane and just WATCH. Anyone for popcorn?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/600x315/41/9d/c1/419dc1a2c9e4a1e1d8339c3fdb37d06c.jpg
I know I'm probably being mean but I've been waiting for the sheesh to hit the fan for ages ever since me and Bev fell out a few months ago.
There's just certain things you can't do. And she does it. She tells me not to write my eroticas because "people will get the wrong idea about 3T" but you're telling Taryll to pack up his kids and leave his partner of TEN YEARS to be with you.
Okay... ::)

Had to get that off my chest!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/24/16 at 3:19 pm

speaking of impersonators, Do you know of any Prince impersonators?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/24/16 at 4:02 pm

speaking of impersonators, Do you know of any Prince impersonators?

My ex boyfriend used to think he was one. Used to dress and act like him.

But no I kind of left the Prince scene behind a few years ago.I mean he made some good music, but it just wasn't my scene any longer.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/24/16 at 9:06 pm

In other news, during 3T's Power of Love Podcast this week, I had the overwhelming pleasure of hearing TAJ JACKSON not only say my name but my friend Jennifer's name on the air. We about lost our natural minds when he said and he literally squeezed it in at the very end of the podcast.
;D

incyJc4l1GI

Please believe both Jennifer and I have already thanked him a million times on social media for this. Still can't believe it. I love Taj's speaking voice to start with and then to hear him mention my name, ugh, I went to Heaven.

Written By: Howard on 08/25/16 at 4:26 pm

My ex boyfriend used to think he was one. Used to dress and act like him.

But no I kind of left the Prince scene behind a few years ago.I mean he made some good music, but it just wasn't my scene any longer.

ok, no problem. :)

Written By: Ripley on 08/25/16 at 9:49 pm

Do you have Facebook? If so can I add you? 😊

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/26/16 at 4:52 pm

Do you have Facebook? If so can I add you? 😊

Sure, it's Tiffeny Bailey . (be sure you spell my name with an E)
;D

Written By: Ripley on 08/26/16 at 6:12 pm

;D

OK  ;)

Written By: Ripley on 08/26/16 at 9:10 pm

I requested you, my name there is veronica

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/28/16 at 10:59 am

I requested you, my name there is veronica

Hey, I just added you!!!  :)

Written By: aja675 on 08/30/16 at 9:51 am

;D
I'm Marc Nathaniel Agcaoili.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/31/16 at 1:31 pm

I'm Marc Nathaniel Agcaoili.

I see you and just added you too!  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/04/16 at 3:23 pm

I don't know if I asked you this but did you happen to watch The Jacksons: American Dream? ???

I think Wylie Draper did a superb job but saddened to find out he died a year later from leukemia. :\'(

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/DuggerMan/michael/wylie.jpg

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/04/16 at 9:37 pm

I don't know if I asked you this but did you happen to watch The Jacksons: American Dream? ???

I think Wylie Draper did a superb job but saddened to find out he died a year later from leukemia. :\'(

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/DuggerMan/michael/wylie.jpg

I have it on vhs. I taped it as a kid. And I was extremely sad about Wylie. I could have married that guy. He was gorgeous.
My friends and I were actually talking about this earlier today. 3T did a song for the soundtrack and we were trying to track it down without having to ask the guys themselves. I don't think we ever found it. We're all sad about Wylie but it's been over 20 years and this was possibly this man's greatest role. But some of the people in the movie could have been played by a real Jackson. A man named Bumper Robinson played Jackie as a teen and young adult. He could pass for twins with TJ Jackson (Tito's youngest son)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/db/fb/a5/dbfba5d30bde26b86c19717422885f3b.jpg
Bumper (on A Different World)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/10/48/3e/10483e8ff9aa9e7a990afbc3ab3b957e.jpg
TJ in a promo photo.

Somewhere I have a dvd report of the casting of the movie. I personally think I could have played a little bitty Latoya. LOL.

Written By: Howard on 09/05/16 at 3:13 pm

I have it on vhs. I taped it as a kid. And I was extremely sad about Wylie. I could have married that guy. He was gorgeous.
My friends and I were actually talking about this earlier today. 3T did a song for the soundtrack and we were trying to track it down without having to ask the guys themselves. I don't think we ever found it. We're all sad about Wylie but it's been over 20 years and this was possibly this man's greatest role. But some of the people in the movie could have been played by a real Jackson. A man named Bumper Robinson played Jackie as a teen and young adult. He could pass for twins with TJ Jackson (Tito's youngest son)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/db/fb/a5/dbfba5d30bde26b86c19717422885f3b.jpg
Bumper (on A Different World)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/10/48/3e/10483e8ff9aa9e7a990afbc3ab3b957e.jpg
TJ in a promo photo.

Somewhere I have a dvd report of the casting of the movie. I personally think I could have played a little bitty Latoya. LOL.

You could pass for a Natalie Cole lookalike. ;)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/12/16 at 6:02 pm

You could pass for a Natalie Cole lookalike. ;)

Thank you Howard!!!  :)

*hums "Inseparable"*

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/14/16 at 7:26 pm

So...it's dead on my thread. Would anyone like me to upload the audios of when I got to speak with 3T? (Latest one was TODAY)  ;D
If you want to hear it, let me know.

Or if you want to ask something, feel free too!  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...