inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask MQG!

Written By: mqg96 on 08/30/15 at 7:04 pm

My real name is Marquis BTW, but I won't go any further than that lol. Go right ahead on the Q&A!

Subject: Re: Ask MQG!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/30/15 at 9:34 pm

What was your favorite Nickelodeon show?

Written By: mqg96 on 08/30/15 at 10:03 pm

What was your favorite Nickelodeon show?

Nicktoon: Hey Arnold

Sitcom: Drake & Josh

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/15 at 8:57 am

What is your favourite film?

Written By: mqg96 on 08/31/15 at 11:52 am

What is your favourite film?

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)

Written By: Howard on 08/31/15 at 2:55 pm

What does the letters MQG stand for?

Written By: mqg96 on 08/31/15 at 3:02 pm

What does the letters MQG stand for?

2 letters in my first name which is Marquis, and my last name starts with a G.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/31/15 at 3:18 pm

1. What's your favorite cartoon channel?

2. How do you feel turning 20 soon?

3. Do you like college?

Written By: Howard on 08/31/15 at 3:39 pm

Where did your signature line come from "we need to chat more often from"?

Written By: mqg96 on 08/31/15 at 3:58 pm

1. What's your favorite cartoon channel?

As of now I'm not into "kiddy" stations anymore. I've long grown out of those networks. As for strictly "cartoon" channels. I'm going to assume you're referring to Cartoon Network, Disney XD, or Nicktoons. At this point it's definitely Cartoon Network right now, and that includes too.

2. How do you feel turning 20 soon?

Jesus I know, it's a big jump for me, it's going to feel kinda strange feeling like an adult and no longer a teenager, even though I'm no longer in my core teen years, but still. I think I'll be prepared. I know I still have more things to improve in life when it comes to my responsibilities as I continue to grow here in college. I believe I'll be ready for the big hurdle when it comes, it's already less than 6 months though! :o

3. Do you like college?

Yes, I've been enjoying college, it's been alright. I'm about to get another job and I'm commuting at home for 2 years at a closer college campus near my home.  Although I do miss some of my high school friends and the high school ministry I'd go to at my church as well.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/31/15 at 4:01 pm

Where did your signature line come from "we need to chat more often from"?

I might have gotten it from somebody at my school, but honestly I don't remember. That reminds me I'm about to change my signature real soon. I just decided to put something random when I signed up on this site because I was too lazy to come up with my own signature lol.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/31/15 at 4:10 pm

As of now I'm not into "kiddy" stations anymore. I've long grown out of those networks. As for strictly "cartoon" channels. I'm going to assume you're referring to Cartoon Network, Disney XD, or Nicktoons. At this point it's definitely Cartoon Network right now, and that includes too.

Jesus I know, it's a big jump for me, it's going to feel kinda strange feeling like an adult and no longer a teenager, even though I'm no longer in my core teen years, but still. I think I'll be prepared. I know I still have more things to improve in life when it comes to my responsibilities as I continue to grow here in college. I believe I'll be ready for the big hurdle when it comes, it's already less than 6 months though! :o

Yes, I've been enjoying college, it's been alright. I'm about to get another job and I'm commuting at home for 2 years at a closer college campus near my home.  Although I do miss some of my high school friends and the high school ministry I'd go to at my church as well.

Same here. I feel that CN is the only one that's doing well in general. The others are in a dark age where they can't seem to get out of. Although I grew out of those along time ago, I'm hoping that Nick and Disney gets much for the children in the future.

I know that feeling. It's like me preparing for 25 as I'm closer to that age than 18. Time goes too quickly these days. 

That's great. I'm glad you're having fun in college. It's one of the best stages to enjoy.

I have another question, How's it like living in Georgia?

Written By: mqg96 on 09/01/15 at 7:22 am

I have another question, How's it like living in Georgia?

It's been great, I've lived there all my life so it's my home state. Pretty chill, and it depends on what part of Georgia you live in too. I live about 35 or 40 minutes away from Atlanta in a regular town so there are many country folks around, big land, and decent size neighborhoods. However whenever I go to Atlanta to spend time with my cousins we'll go out to the malls sometime or a restaurant.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/01/15 at 11:06 am

It's been great, I've lived there all my life so it's my home state. Pretty chill, and it depends on what part of Georgia you live in too. I live about 35 or 40 minutes away from Atlanta in a regular town so there are many country folks around, big land, and decent size neighborhoods. However whenever I go to Atlanta to spend time with my cousins we'll go out to the malls sometime or a restaurant.

Hmm, a fellow Georgian on the boards? I don't think I've seen another of our kind around here since a friend of mine had an account like 10 years ago. 8)

Anyways, as the resident "video game guy" I will fittingly ask two video game related questions. What is the first video game you remember playing? And what game do you personally consider to be your all-time favorite?

Written By: mqg96 on 09/01/15 at 12:52 pm

Hmm, a fellow Georgian on the boards? I don't think I've seen another of our kind around here since a friend of mine had an account like 10 years ago. 8)

Anyways, as the resident "video game guy" I will fittingly ask two video game related questions. What is the first video game you remember playing? And what game do you personally consider to be your all-time favorite?

I don't know if this counts, but my earliest memories of playing video games are playing CD-ROM games for Planet Hot Wheels related stuff which I started doing around 2002, which was before 2003 when I got a Gamecube and Super Smash Bros. Melee for my birthday.

My favorite video game of all time... that's a very tough one. As a young adult now I'd go for a more mature tone , but as a kid I really enjoyed Grand Theft Auto: III, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, any 2-D Mario platform games, or Mario Kart games. I'm going with Super Mario Galaxy, the original one was so amazing and I loved how you would go on the observatory with Rosalina to get to all of your levels. I like the spin moves, how simple the controls are, the items, the gravity tricks, the level designs and the settings were so amazing and imaginative, but the toughest part about the game were trying to get past those daredevil comets of course. Everything about "Super Mario Galaxy" was real epic from what I remember.

Written By: Howard on 09/01/15 at 2:55 pm

Do you have a PS2, PS3, Wii or Xbox?

Written By: mqg96 on 09/01/15 at 3:28 pm

Do you have a PS2, PS3, Wii or Xbox?

I have a Wii and XBOX (both original & 360).

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/01/15 at 5:25 pm

What kind of stuff are you studying in college?  What is your major?  What would you like to do after college?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/01/15 at 6:26 pm

That's awesome  :). What part of Georgia do you live in?

And another one: how did Tweety become your favorite character?

Written By: mqg96 on 09/01/15 at 6:58 pm

What kind of stuff are you studying in college?  What is your major?  What would you like to do after college?

Right now I'm commuting at home going for the Engineering degree, it might be mechanical, electrical, or computer engineering but I'm not sure yet. Right now I'm taking Public Speaking 8-P and Physics I. I'm only doing two classes for now but next year I'm adding in some Summer semester classes along with Spring so I can catch up. Honestly after college I'm just thinking about getting a job in the engineering field or I'll probably go for a Math major too if I decide so.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/01/15 at 7:21 pm

That's awesome  :). What part of Georgia do you live in?

And another one: how did Tweety become your favorite character?

Right now I'm staying in Carrollton, GA.

As for Tweety Bird, well, it's a complicated story lol. Every account I've had on the internet when it's not my personal self for blogging on forums about leisure stuff, I've always used Tweety Bird in my profile pictures. Ever since I got my first Youtube account around 2007 or 2008, I've always used Tweety, and I've always done it for other sites. It's just a tradition that I set up since I started going on internet forums that I won't let go away.

Now, I understand that Tweety Bird is the ONE Looney Tunes character that tends to appeal to a large audience of girls, and I mean throughout the early 2000's and even to this day you see TONS of teenage girls or young adult girls wearing Tweety Bird jackets, shoes, hats, shirts, pants, stickers, etc. So as a guy it makes you feel uncomfortable to choose Tweety as one of your favorite Looney Tunes characters because all the girls hog it up and all the guys always choose Bugs or someone else as their favorite character. As much as I enjoyed Bugs growing up too, so many people use him in their profile pictures. So I wanted to be original and have my own profile pictures with Tweety but in a way that would be acceptable to more guys.

So this is how I solved this problem, whenever I use Tweety on my profile pictures, I always make him look real cool, chill, serious, or hip like. I don't choose the cutsy happy type Tweety Bird on my profile pictures like his original personality. I would like Tweety in regular clothes that everyday people wear to style him up. Watching Looney Tunes as a little kid on CN back then always got me pumped up for the shorts with Sylvester & Tweety in there. I always enjoyed the ones with Bugs, Daffy, Yosemite Sam, Taz-Mania, Roadrunner, and Coyote too. Honestly looking back the shorts with Bugs or Daffy were much better, but Sylvester & Tweety were my favorites at that young age.

Written By: Howard on 09/02/15 at 2:57 pm

I have a Wii and XBOX (both original & 360).

what games do you play?

Written By: mqg96 on 09/02/15 at 3:53 pm

what games do you play?

I haven't had time to play video games since I left high school, heck even by my senior year of high school I was more interested in the sports world than anything. Some of the last games I played was Fruit Ninja Kinect, Call of Duty Black Ops II, Assassins Creed III, and GTA V. I haven't played my Wii at all since 2011 though....

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/02/15 at 4:57 pm

Right now I'm staying in Carrollton, GA.

As for Tweety Bird, well, it's a complicated story lol. Every account I've had on the internet when it's not my personal self for blogging on forums about leisure stuff, I've always used Tweety Bird in my profile pictures. Ever since I got my first Youtube account around 2007 or 2008, I've always used Tweety, and I've always done it for other sites. It's just a tradition that I set up since I started going on internet forums that I won't let go away.

Now, I understand that Tweety Bird is the ONE Looney Tunes character that tends to appeal to a large audience of girls, and I mean throughout the early 2000's and even to this day you see TONS of teenage girls or young adult girls wearing Tweety Bird jackets, shoes, hats, shirts, pants, stickers, etc. So as a guy it makes you feel uncomfortable to choose Tweety as one of your favorite Looney Tunes characters because all the girls hog it up and all the guys always choose Bugs or someone else as their favorite character. As much as I enjoyed Bugs growing up too, so many people use him in their profile pictures. So I wanted to be original and have my own profile pictures with Tweety but in a way that would be acceptable to more guys.

So this is how I solved this problem, whenever I use Tweety on my profile pictures, I always make him look real cool, chill, serious, or hip like. I don't choose the cutsy happy type Tweety Bird on my profile pictures like his original personality. I would like Tweety in regular clothes that everyday people wear to style him up. Watching Looney Tunes as a little kid on CN back then always got me pumped up for the shorts with Sylvester & Tweety in there. I always enjoyed the ones with Bugs, Daffy, Yosemite Sam, Taz-Mania, Roadrunner, and Coyote too. Honestly looking back the shorts with Bugs or Daffy were much better, but Sylvester & Tweety were my favorites at that young age.
That's excellent. I like how brave you are that you decided to choose a character that is suited for girls. The same thing happened with me. As a kid whenever I played with the female oriented toys, I would get told that it was for girls; however, it didn't matter to me at all because I was neutral. I still played with the toys regardless along with the male oriented ones. That's what helped me watch anything that was towards a female audience. Just because certain toys are for girls doesn't mean anything. I know there are girls who play with male oriented toys, so why not vice versa? Hell, even the Nintendo character Yoshi is seen for the female audience and he's my favorite as well. So I had this same challenge as you and I conquered it.

Written By: ArcticFox on 09/02/15 at 10:01 pm

Did you draw the gangsta Tweety yourself?

Also, are the clothes that your Tweety avatar is wearing the clothes that you yourself wear in real life?

Written By: mqg96 on 09/03/15 at 12:38 am

Did you draw the gangsta Tweety yourself?

Not this time, however, I've drawn some of my own in the past though.

Also, are the clothes that your Tweety avatar is wearing the clothes that you yourself wear in real life?

It's just the style I like him to be in sometimes, like I said I always want Tweety to be in a more serious, chill, cool tone that can appeal to more guys, instead of the cutesy Tweety that tends to always appeal to a female audience, and he's not like this all the time with all my profile pictures. I'd say it doesn't represent my everyday style but I have dressed in the style before though. I usually dress up myself with name brand clothes most of the time, but once in a while I'll go in an urban style, or go in my gym clothes.

Written By: Howard on 09/03/15 at 4:08 pm

I haven't had time to play video games since I left high school, heck even by my senior year of high school I was more interested in the sports world than anything. Some of the last games I played was Fruit Ninja Kinect, Call of Duty Black Ops II, Assassins Creed III, and GTA V. I haven't played my Wii at all since 2011 though....

Do you play The WWE games?

Written By: mqg96 on 09/03/15 at 5:41 pm

Do you play The WWE games?

I think I had WWE Raw 2009 for the Wii and that was it, other than that I was hardly into WWE or MMA fighting sports games. I'm more of a big fan of NCAA Football games (until it was discontinued after '14 :-\\ ) and I really enjoy the Madden games as well.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/03/15 at 11:08 pm

What is your cultural heritage/ancestry?  Like...for example, my great grandparent were Scottish and German. 

I am an older adult (46), so I have a little trouble talking to people that are not in my peer group.  What do you suggest people in my age group, talk to people in your age group about (without your age group thinking we're dull and/or making fun of us)?

Written By: mqg96 on 09/04/15 at 11:46 am

What is your cultural heritage/ancestry?  Like...for example, my great grandparent were Scottish and German. 

I'm African American/Black, as for my ancestry background I'm not 100% sure on that but all I know is that all the folks on my dad's side of the family are more country from the south and my mom's side of the family is more city up north around New York. I do have plenty of light skin girls/women and boys/men in my family, but I'm one of the darker skin guys though.

I am an older adult (46), so I have a little trouble talking to people that are not in my peer group.  What do you suggest people in my age group, talk to people in your age group about (without your age group thinking we're dull and/or making fun of us)?

Most of my age group are college aged folks or very late high school. My suggestion is to bring up conversations that can relate to both of our age groups. Like for example, any of y'all are big sports fans? College Football season just started last night and the NFL season is right around the corner, and people all ages are big huge football fans pretty sure you'll find almost anybody raging from all ages who can bring up a football conversation based off what happened in the last games or the players' statuses. You can bring up what their favorite restaurants are that you may like too. If there isn't that much your age group can relate to with ours, then just ask what their favorite hobbies are or what their favorite music is. I'm pretty sure you have some people out there who will accept conversations with much older people.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/28/18 at 8:24 am

BUMP! It's been a minute since anyone on here has asked me questions so feel free to do so.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/28/18 at 11:28 am

How's school going?

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/28/18 at 8:08 pm

How far are you from six flags?

Written By: mqg96 on 07/12/18 at 5:01 pm

How's school going?

It's doing alright. This upcoming week will be my last for Circuits Analysis so hopefully I pass this upcoming test (or final exam) because it's been a rough end with the type of material we're studying.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/12/18 at 5:02 pm

How far are you from six flags?

About an hour away down south of Austell, GA which is Cobb County, not far from my college, but unfortunately I haven't been in YEARS  :-\\

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/12/18 at 6:25 pm

Have you ever been to a Georgia Bulldogs or Atlanta Falcons game?

Written By: mwalker1996 on 07/12/18 at 10:17 pm

About an hour away down south of Austell, GA which is Cobb County, not far from my college, but unfortunately I haven't been in YEARS  :-\\
O word, I use to go to sixflags in Jersey when i was living in NYC but since moving to NC I been going to Cariowinds.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/13/18 at 2:13 pm

Have you ever been to a Georgia Bulldogs or Atlanta Falcons game?

Countless amount of those games throughout my life. I went to 3 Falcons home games a couple years ago because 2016 was our final year in the Georgia Dome, and we went to the Super Bowl that year. Last year I went to 3 Georgia Bulldogs home games and we went to the national championship that year (or technically back on January 11 of this year). I've been a true Dawgs and Falcons fan since 2002 when I was in elementary school thanks to my dad, and my dad is a UGA alumni of 1989. I prefer college football culture the best during the regular season but NFL culture the best during the post-season or playoff. Sanford Stadium between the hedges has a beautiful scenery. It's totally different actually being at the game in the stands instead of seeing it on TV screen.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/14/18 at 1:13 pm

Countless amount of those games throughout my life. I went to 3 Falcons home games a couple years ago because 2016 was our final year in the Georgia Dome, and we went to the Super Bowl that year. Last year I went to 3 Georgia Bulldogs home games and we went to the national championship that year (or technically back on January 11 of this year). I've been a true Dawgs and Falcons fan since 2002 when I was in elementary school thanks to my dad, and my dad is a UGA alumni of 1989. I prefer college football culture the best during the regular season but NFL culture the best during the post-season or playoff. Sanford Stadium between the hedges has a beautiful scenery. It's totally different actually being at the game in the stands instead of seeing it on TV screen.

Cool, I'm a big Nebraska Cornhuskers fan myself. I'm also a big Chiefs fan but I've always liked college football more, it's my favorite sport.

We'll have to start up a college football thread in the Sports Zone when the season gets ready to start.  :)

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 07/15/18 at 8:43 pm

Speaking of Six Flags, have you ever been to Six Flags Great Adventure? That's the one by me and I used to work there when I was 17.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 07/15/18 at 10:59 pm

Speaking of Six Flags, have you ever been to Six Flags Great Adventure? That's the one by me and I used to work there when I was 17.
I been there a few times, it's definitely an experience. It's roughly half way between NY and Phily so people from both areas drive thete.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/26/18 at 3:34 pm

Cool, I'm a big Nebraska Cornhuskers fan myself. I'm also a big Chiefs fan but I've always liked college football more, it's my favorite sport.

We'll have to start up a college football thread in the Sports Zone when the season gets ready to start.  :)

Wow, your Cornhuskers and my Dawgs played in back to back bowl games from 2012 to 2013! 2012 was the Capital One Bowl (played on New Years 2013) and 2013 was the Gator Bowl (played on New Years 2014). Those were pretty fun games. 2012 Georgia would have been in the national championship had we spiked the ball against Alabama at the 5 yard line in the SEC Championship Game, and the winner of that game was going to crush Notre Dame in the national championship without a doubt. 2013 Georgia had a bunch of injuries. Georgia has the #1 recruiting class of 2018 coming in and we just got some more 5 star commits for 2019 ahead of time  8)

Written By: mqg96 on 07/26/18 at 3:35 pm

I actually don't recall Great Adventure if I've ever been or not. I've just always known it as simply "Six Flags". 

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/28/18 at 5:02 pm

Wow, your Cornhuskers and my Dawgs played in back to back bowl games from 2012 to 2013! 2012 was the Capital One Bowl (played on New Years 2013) and 2013 was the Gator Bowl (played on New Years 2014). Those were pretty fun games. 2012 Georgia would have been in the national championship had we spiked the ball against Alabama at the 5 yard line in the SEC Championship Game, and the winner of that game was going to crush Notre Dame in the national championship without a doubt. 2013 Georgia had a bunch of injuries. Georgia has the #1 recruiting class of 2018 coming in and we just got some more 5 star commits for 2019 ahead of time  8)

Yeah, that series went 1-1.  ;D

Next question...Krystal burgers: Yay or nay?

Written By: mqg96 on 07/28/18 at 5:58 pm

Yeah, that series went 1-1.  ;D

Next question...Krystal burgers: Yay or nay?

I enjoyed Krystal burgers every time I went until the last time I went last year or a couple years ago. Mehhh, it's not the same as it used to be to my taste buds for some reason. Its mini-burgers used to be the best thing they had for me.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 08/02/18 at 1:57 pm

You should try White Castle's they're the same concept as Krystal Burger but taste really good. My Cousin told me when he visited Georgia he tried Krystal Burger and he said it was nasty, but White Castle is his favorite.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/09/18 at 9:32 pm

You like Zaxby's?

Written By: mqg96 on 09/26/18 at 10:01 am

You like Zaxby's?

Absolutely! I love the chicken sandwiches with Zax sauce and dipping the fries in their ranch sauce! I also like the chicken finger plate with hot honey mustard too, but there's so much variety at Zaxby's it's crazy. I have old friends from high school who live in California and they're missing Zaxby's so badly.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/26/18 at 10:02 am

You should try White Castle's they're the same concept as Krystal Burger but taste really good. My Cousin told me when he visited Georgia he tried Krystal Burger and he said it was nasty, but White Castle is his favorite.

Yeah unfortunately there's no White Castle in Georgia that I'm aware of.

Check for new replies or respond here...